S a provider of a service, you are open to scrutiny by all and sundry – eagerly watching to see if you meet or exceed expectations. None more so than your friendly SLM.
So today – I give you the top 10 reasons why you do not want to be a Service Level Manager:
- You have to be able to talk geekish and English (separate degree in itself)
- Noone ever offers to make you a coffee – and if they do – you know that there is an issue
- They give you a desk in no-man’s land – somewhere between, but not part of, the business and IT
- Your entire working life is using acronyms – SLA, SLR,UC etc…
- The moment you agree on something – you spend the rest of your life redefining and reagreeing
- You will always be the meat in the sandwich
- Suddenly the difference between 2 hours and 4 hours could be your job…
- Everyone looks at you like you are the enemy – and consequently not on anyone’s Christmas card list
- Even when it’s nit – it is ALWAYS your fault!
- Noone really fully knows what you do!
Please feel free to email on [email protected]
Till next time Cheers from the ITIL® Australia Team at The Art of Service