One of the MCITP certification programs that leads to certification credential for Windows Server 2008 is the MCITP Server Administrator program. The certification earns you to assume new roles in your career. Those who have earned the MCITP Server Administrator certificate are to hold positions as Windows Server Administrator, Server systems administrator, monitoring operator and Network administrator.
Server administrators are the ones who control the Windows Server 2008. Servers are expensive and they need to be taken care of. They are considered as company’s top most investment and to handle it would need somebody who is expert in server administration. The MCITP Server Administrator exam is earned by successfully completing three exams. There will be two prerequisite exams on MCTS to taking the Professional Series exam. The MCTS exams include exam Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring and Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring. MCITP exam covers exam on Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator.
It is required that candidates who will take the MCITP Server Administrator certificate program have an experience on the following:
1. Handling day-to-day management of the server operating system, file structure, and directory services
2. Handling software distribution and updates
3. Monitoring servers
4. Providing tier-2 troubleshooting support
5. Supporting engineering and change-management projects
6. Creating builds and configuring the server
7. Implementing the auditing policy
8. Performing scheduled vulnerability-assessment scans
9. Monitoring logs for firewalls and intrusion-detection systems
Earn your MCITP Server Administrator Certificate and make top management be proud of you as you make good returns of their investment on the use of Windows Server 2008.