Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- What happens when a new employee joins the organization?
- What are the business goals Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment is aiming to achieve?
- How do we ensure that implementations of Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment products are done in a way that ensures safety?
- What is the craziest thing we can do?
- What are all of our Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment domains and what do they do?
- What are the best opportunities for value improvement?
- What is your theory of human motivation, and how does your compensation plan fit with that view?
- Is it clear when you think of the day ahead of you what activities and tasks you need to complete?
- For decision problems, how do you develop a decision statement?
- Does Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- WBS Dictionary: Do procedures specify under what circumstances replanning of open work packages may occur, and the methods to be followed?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: How is the risk management process used in practice?
- Change Request: Why were my requested changes rejected or not made?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Is the Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project cutting across the entire organization?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Have the key elements of a coherent Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project management strategy been established?
- Procurement Audit: Does the strategy ensure that the concepts of standardisation and coordination of procurement are used to take advantage of the departments collective buying power?
- Procurement Audit: Can changes be made to automatic disbursement programs without proper approval of management?
- Source Selection Criteria: How can solicitation Schedules be improved to yield more effective price competition?
- Quality Audit: What happens if our organization fails its Quality Audit?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is the Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project schedule available for all Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project team members to review?
Step-by-step and complete Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment project with this in-depth Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment investments work better.
This Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.