What is involved in Business activity monitoring
Find out what the related areas are that Business activity monitoring connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business activity monitoring thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business activity monitoring journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business activity monitoring leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business activity monitoring related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business activity monitoring, Business decision, Business intelligence, Business process, Business process management, Business service management, Buzzword, Complex event processing, Computer system, Dashboard, Event correlation, Gartner, Issue tracking system, Key performance indicator, Operational Intelligence, Problem solving, Software:
Business activity monitoring Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Business activity monitoring goals and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Business activity monitoring.
– Consider your own Business activity monitoring project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business activity monitoring services/products?
– How much does Business activity monitoring help?
Business decision Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Business decision failures and get the big picture.
– Which customers cant participate in our Business activity monitoring domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business activity monitoring objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are the barriers to increased Business activity monitoring production?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Business intelligence governance and remodel and develop an effective Business intelligence strategy.
– Forget right-click and control+z. mobile interactions are fundamentally different from those on a desktop. does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– When users are more fluid and guest access is a must, can you choose hardware-based licensing that is tailored to your exact configuration needs?
– Does your software provide roleand group-based security options that allow business users to securely create and publish their work?
– How does Tableau stack up against the traditional BI software like Microstrategy or Business Objects?
– Why does animosity endure between IT and business when it comes to business intelligence?
– Social Data Analytics Are you integrating social into your business intelligence?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– What are direct examples that show predictive analytics to be highly reliable?
– What is the difference between business intelligence and business analytics?
– Who prioritizes, conducts and monitors business intelligence projects?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for technical administrators?
– Which other Oracle Business Intelligence products are used in your solution?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– How do we use AI algorithms in practical applications?
– Is your software easy for IT to manage and upgrade?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Do you offer formal user training?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Face Business process management and oversee implementation of Business process.
– Do we identify maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions, acceptable levels of data loss and backlogged transactions, RTOs, RPOs, recovery of the critical path (i.e., business processes or systems that should receive the highest priority), and the costs associated with downtime? Are the approved thresholds appropriate?
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– What are the disruptive Business activity monitoring technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Business process management tactics and adjust implementation of Business process management.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Business activity monitoring leader?
– Do Business activity monitoring rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Are assumptions made in Business activity monitoring stated explicitly?
Business service management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Business service management strategies and grade techniques for implementing Business service management controls.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business activity monitoring forward?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business activity monitoring project?
Buzzword Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Buzzword tasks and report on developing an effective Buzzword strategy.
– So, is DevOps a flash in the pan, an industry buzzword, or a new approach that will be cool for a couple of years and then superceded by the next big thing?
– When a Business activity monitoring manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are there recognized Business activity monitoring problems?
Complex event processing Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Complex event processing adoptions and point out Complex event processing tensions in leadership.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business activity monitoring project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business activity monitoring project lifecycle?
– What is our formula for success in Business activity monitoring ?
– What will drive Business activity monitoring change?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Computer system tactics and correct better engagement with Computer system results.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Business activity monitoring in a volatile global economy?
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business activity monitoring strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business activity monitoring?
Dashboard Critical Criteria:
Derive from Dashboard visions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Does the tool in use provide the ability for administrators to access a graphical and table-based dashboard with click-through, drill-down detail (using percentage-based metrics, not definitive totals)?
– Does your BI solution honor distinctions with dashboards that automatically authenticate and provide the appropriate level of detail based on a users privileges to the data source?
– Does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Does your bi solution require weeks of training before new users can analyze data and publish dashboards?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business activity monitoring effort?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Business activity monitoring activities?
– Does creating or modifying reports or dashboards require a reporting team?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– What social media dashboards are available and how do they compare?
– How can data extraction from dashboards be automated?
– Using dashboard functions?
Event correlation Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Event correlation planning and optimize Event correlation leadership as a key to advancement.
– Can we add value to the current Business activity monitoring decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business activity monitoring processes?
– What are the usability implications of Business activity monitoring actions?
Gartner Critical Criteria:
Add value to Gartner visions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Gartner results.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business activity monitoring values?
– Can we do Business activity monitoring without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Why are Business activity monitoring skills important?
Issue tracking system Critical Criteria:
Trace Issue tracking system planning and report on developing an effective Issue tracking system strategy.
– How will you measure your Business activity monitoring effectiveness?
Key performance indicator Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Key performance indicator tactics and get answers.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business activity monitoring strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– Have you identified your Business activity monitoring key performance indicators?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– Is the scope of Business activity monitoring defined?
– What is our Business activity monitoring Strategy?
Operational Intelligence Critical Criteria:
Grade Operational Intelligence decisions and look for lots of ideas.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Business activity monitoring is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Does Business activity monitoring appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business activity monitoring?
Problem solving Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Problem solving issues and display thorough understanding of the Problem solving process.
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business activity monitoring products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does our organization need more Business activity monitoring education?
– Do we all define Business activity monitoring in the same way?
Software Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Software governance and gather practices for scaling Software.
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– With this new, full-stack approach to software delivery comes new opportunity for delay. DevOps was developed as a reaction to the long lead times required for infrastructure provisioning and integration with bureaucracy-laden ITIL processes. But what are these new sources of delay in the software development lifecycle?
– What happens after development: how should developers release component-based software and how can users subsequently obtain such software especially if the software under consideration consists of many components that are released by many organizations at many different geographical locations?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Business activity monitoring delivery for example is new software needed?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– Which software packages will be suitable to analyse the data, ie, epi info, sas, spss, paradox, nudist?
– Does the organization have a current inventory of all computer equipment,software,and data files?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What will happen to the software configuration of a customer, when she updates a certain component?
– How good are the designers and programmers in the development team?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
– Is your BI software easy to understand?
– How does Cost of Change affect Software?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business activity monitoring Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business activity monitoring External links:
KnowledgeSync – The Leader in Business Activity Monitoring
Oracle Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
Business Activity Monitoring: Real-Time Group Goals …
Business decision External links:
Business Decision Making Essay – 2636 Words – StudyMode
Business decision making (Book, 1981) [WorldCat.org]
Business decision making assignment | Assignment …
Business intelligence External links:
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Business process External links:
Business Process Management Jobs – CareerBuilder
What is business process? – Definition from WhatIs.com
[PDF]Business Process Guide Position Management : …
Business process management External links:
Business Process Management Tool | myInvenio
BP3 | Business Process Management
Naviant – Business Process Management
Business service management External links:
Business Service Management (BSM)
Login – HP Business Service Management
HP Business Service Management (BSM) Overview – …
Buzzword External links:
Bees becoming buzzword in Raleigh planning :: WRAL.com
Nursing’s Buzzword: Critical Thinking | 2017 …
Buzzword: Radon – Consumer Reports
Complex event processing External links:
SAP HANA Tech: Complex Event Processing – SAP …
Computer system External links:
TITAN M7 – COBAN’s Police in Car Computer System
Dashboard External links:
MyMarshall Dashboard Log In Center
Freedom Debt Relief Client Dashboard
Event correlation External links:
ServiceNow Event Correlation – Evanios
Event correlation in Application Insights – Andrei Dzimchuk
Gartner External links:
Gartner Customer Service
Gartner Events On Demand
Working at Gartner
Issue tracking system External links:
Log in – MicroPact Issue Tracking System
issue tracking system – Wiktionary
System Dashboard – Kapsch Software Issue Tracking System
Key performance indicator External links:
Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Examples and …
KPI Examples – Types of Key Performance Indicators
Key Performance Indicators Kpi Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Operational Intelligence External links:
Operational Intelligence Center Shift Supervisor -Simon
Operational Intelligence at the Battle of Midway
Operational Intelligence Software Solutions | VizExplorer
Problem solving External links:
Art of Problem Solving – Official Site
Advanced Problem Solving
IS-0241.b – Decision Making and Problem Solving
Software External links:
Insite Software | Built for B2B™
InSite SiteWork Excavation Software Overview
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight