What is involved in Marketing analytics
Find out what the related areas are that Marketing analytics connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Marketing analytics thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Marketing analytics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Marketing analytics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Marketing analytics related domains to cover and 123 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Marketing analytics, Marketing performance measurement, Account-based marketing, Behavioral targeting, Brand ambassador, Brand licensing, Brand management, Corporate anniversary, Corporate identity, Corporate propaganda, Digital marketing, Direct marketing, Display advertising, Drip marketing, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing activation, Marketing automation, Marketing effectiveness, Marketing ethics, Marketing management, Marketing mix, Marketing operations, Marketing operations management, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Media intelligence, Mobile advertising, Mobile marketing, Music on hold, Native advertising, New media, Online advertising, Out-of-home advertising, Performance management, Personal selling, Point of sale, Product demonstration, Product marketing, Product placement, Promotional merchandise, Sales promotion, Sex in advertising, Social marketing, Underwriting spot, Visual merchandising, Web banner, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Marketing analytics Critical Criteria:
Analyze Marketing analytics tasks and correct better engagement with Marketing analytics results.
– What are the disruptive Marketing analytics technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Will Marketing analytics deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Is Supporting Marketing analytics documentation required?
Marketing performance measurement Critical Criteria:
Recall Marketing performance measurement visions and work towards be a leading Marketing performance measurement expert.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Marketing analytics opportunities costing us money?
– How do we know that any Marketing analytics analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Account-based marketing results and track iterative Account-based marketing results.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Marketing analytics process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Marketing analytics process available?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Marketing analytics? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we manage Marketing analytics Knowledge Management (KM)?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Reason over Behavioral targeting quality and catalog Behavioral targeting activities.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Marketing analytics workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– what is the best design framework for Marketing analytics organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are we Assessing Marketing analytics and Risk?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Brand ambassador projects and arbitrate Brand ambassador techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Marketing analytics forward?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Marketing analytics ?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Brand licensing management and drive action.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Marketing analytics project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Marketing analytics project lifecycle?
– Which customers cant participate in our Marketing analytics domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Think about the functions involved in your Marketing analytics project. what processes flow from these functions?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Brand management projects and ask what if.
– Is there a Marketing analytics Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Marketing analytics effort?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Corporate anniversary failures and pioneer acquisition of Corporate anniversary systems.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Marketing analytics?
– What is our Marketing analytics Strategy?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Examine Corporate identity goals and pioneer acquisition of Corporate identity systems.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Marketing analytics? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How likely is the current Marketing analytics plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Marketing analytics processes?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Canvass Corporate propaganda results and look at it backwards.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Marketing analytics services/products?
– What vendors make products that address the Marketing analytics needs?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Probe Digital marketing failures and point out improvements in Digital marketing.
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– How do we go about Comparing Marketing analytics approaches/solutions?
– Is Marketing analytics Required?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Talk about Direct marketing decisions and prioritize challenges of Direct marketing.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Marketing analytics leader?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Marketing analytics project?
– Does Marketing analytics appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Devise Display advertising issues and achieve a single Display advertising view and bringing data together.
– How will you know that the Marketing analytics project has been successful?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Recall Drip marketing visions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do we monitor the Marketing analytics decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Why is Marketing analytics important for you now?
– Do we have past Marketing analytics Successes?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Infer Loyalty marketing governance and gather practices for scaling Loyalty marketing.
– How do we Improve Marketing analytics service perception, and satisfaction?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Market segmentation decisions and catalog what business benefits will Market segmentation goals deliver if achieved.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– What are specific Marketing analytics Rules to follow?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Marketing activation visions and mentor Marketing activation customer orientation.
– For your Marketing analytics project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who sets the Marketing analytics standards?
Marketing automation Critical Criteria:
Design Marketing automation visions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Marketing automation results.
– How do we maintain Marketing analyticss Integrity?
– What are our Marketing analytics Processes?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Marketing effectiveness management and triple focus on important concepts of Marketing effectiveness relationship management.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Marketing analytics Management?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Marketing ethics visions and maintain Marketing ethics for success.
– Can we add value to the current Marketing analytics decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Marketing management outcomes and report on setting up Marketing management without losing ground.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Marketing analytics requirements in detail?
– What are the business goals Marketing analytics is aiming to achieve?
– Are there recognized Marketing analytics problems?
Marketing mix Critical Criteria:
Grasp Marketing mix governance and catalog what business benefits will Marketing mix goals deliver if achieved.
– Identify a product that has been successfully modified to meet changing consumer needs and, as a result, has avoided the decline stage. can we modify the market, the product, or the marketing mix?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Marketing analytics products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Marketing analytics values?
– What are internal and external Marketing analytics relations?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Marketing operations risks and perfect Marketing operations conflict management.
– Consider your own Marketing analytics project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Marketing analytics objectives?
Marketing operations management Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Marketing operations management tactics and look at it backwards.
– Will Marketing analytics have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Marketing analytics project?
– Why are Marketing analytics skills important?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Dissect Marketing research planning and acquire concise Marketing research education.
– Is maximizing Marketing analytics protection the same as minimizing Marketing analytics loss?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Align Marketing strategy failures and tour deciding if Marketing strategy progress is made.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Marketing analytics into the services that we provide?
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
Media intelligence Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Media intelligence results and improve Media intelligence service perception.
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Debate over Mobile advertising projects and find out what it really means.
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Survey Mobile marketing leadership and find out.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Marketing analytics objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Marketing analytics?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Marketing analytics activities?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Gauge Music on hold quality and maintain Music on hold for success.
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Recall Native advertising governance and plan concise Native advertising education.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Marketing analytics information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Marketing analytics project manager?
New media Critical Criteria:
Check New media tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing New media and constraints.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Marketing analytics processes?
– How do we Identify specific Marketing analytics investment and emerging trends?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Trace Online advertising management and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Online advertising is getting what it needs.
– Is the Marketing analytics organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we go about Securing Marketing analytics?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Systematize Out-of-home advertising strategies and maintain Out-of-home advertising for success.
– Think of your Marketing analytics project. what are the main functions?
– Can we do Marketing analytics without complex (expensive) analysis?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Coach on Performance management governance and spearhead techniques for implementing Performance management.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Marketing analytics project?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Marketing analytics move?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
X-ray Personal selling planning and revise understanding of Personal selling architectures.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Marketing analytics goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– When a Marketing analytics manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Generalize Point of sale projects and question.
– Among the Marketing analytics product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Focus on Product demonstration projects and define Product demonstration competency-based leadership.
– Think about the people you identified for your Marketing analytics project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Product marketing quality and report on developing an effective Product marketing strategy.
– What are the key elements of your Marketing analytics performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is there any existing Marketing analytics governance structure?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Product placement engagements and separate what are the business goals Product placement is aiming to achieve.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Marketing analytics models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does our organization need more Marketing analytics education?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Promotional merchandise projects and oversee Promotional merchandise management by competencies.
– What is the purpose of Marketing analytics in relation to the mission?
– Why should we adopt a Marketing analytics framework?
– Is a Marketing analytics Team Work effort in place?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Audit Sales promotion tactics and describe the risks of Sales promotion sustainability.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Marketing analytics?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Marketing analytics process?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Marketing analytics with what users do day-to-day?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Consider Sex in advertising planning and display thorough understanding of the Sex in advertising process.
– Do we all define Marketing analytics in the same way?
– How to deal with Marketing analytics Changes?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Social marketing adoptions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Social marketing.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Marketing analytics experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Is Marketing analytics dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Underwriting spot failures and drive action.
– Are assumptions made in Marketing analytics stated explicitly?
– What are the short and long-term Marketing analytics goals?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Visual merchandising goals and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Visual merchandising is getting what it needs.
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Study Web banner decisions and track iterative Web banner results.
– Do the Marketing analytics decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Grasp Word-of-mouth marketing decisions and revise understanding of Word-of-mouth marketing architectures.
– What is Effective Marketing analytics?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Marketing analytics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Marketing analytics External links:
Marketing Analytics | edX
Call Tracking & Marketing Analytics | Patient Pursuit
Marketing Analytics Client Login – Nielsen
Marketing performance measurement External links:
Marketing Performance Measurement: Where Are We?
Behavioral targeting External links:
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
Brand licensing External links:
Brand Licensing | Meredith
Time Inc. (UK) Ltd – Content and Brand Licensing
Brand management External links:
IDEATION | Creative Brand Management
Reeder Brand Management
RepEquity® | Digital Brand Management, Search …
Corporate anniversary External links:
Corporate Anniversary Gifts on Zazzle
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate Identity Japan – AbeBooks
corporate printing services, corporate identity standards
[PPT]Corporate Identity – Mark Tittley
Corporate propaganda External links:
H.R. 4432 (ih) – Corporate Propaganda Sunshine Act
Digital marketing External links:
Charlotte – Digital Marketing Conference | October 3-4, 2018
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Digital Marketing Agency – SEO Experts | Bell Media
Direct marketing External links:
Direct Marketing Definition | Investopedia
Precinct Recruitment Solutions – direct marketing …
Direct Marketing Firm – L & D Mail Masters
Display advertising External links:
[PDF]AFP Display Advertising Policies – American Academy …
Display advertising types (Book, 1916) [WorldCat.org]
CPM Banner / Display Advertising
Drip marketing External links:
TeleDrip – Drip Marketing Campaigns
Loyalty marketing External links:
Customer Relationship & Loyalty Marketing | CCG
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
Market segmentation External links:
Market Segmentation — Definition — TrackMaven
Title | Market Segmentation | Market (Economics)
Market segmentation (Book, 1972) [WorldCat.org]
Marketing activation External links:
Marketing automation External links:
Marketing Automation & Customer Journey Software | Autopilot
Circlepix – Real Estate Marketing Automation
Sales & Marketing Automation Platform | Salesfusion
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Analytics Consulting | Marketing Effectiveness
Senior Analyst – Marketing Effectiveness | …
Marketing ethics External links:
Chapter 3 Marketing Ethics Flashcards | Quizlet
Marketing management External links:
CrossCap – Marketing Management Software
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
The Marketing Management Group – Marketing, …
Marketing mix External links:
Marketing Mix One Home Page
Ch. 5: The Marketing Mix and Product
3 Steps to the Right Marketing Mix – Entrepreneur
Marketing operations External links:
Marketing Operations – Aprimo
Teradata Marketing Operations Login – Aprimo
Marketing Management – Marketing Operations, Certificate
Marketing research External links:
Ask Survey Center | Marketing Research Specialists
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
Marketing strategy External links:
Online Marketing Strategy and Consulting
Inbound Marketing Strategy Blog – Viktor Nagornyy
Media intelligence External links:
Method Media Intelligence
FIBEP World Media Intelligence Congress
PublicSonar – Social Media Intelligence Platform
Mobile advertising External links:
Media Buying & Mobile Advertising New York & Miami
Supersonic: Mobile Advertising | App Monetization
Mobile Advertising TV | Mobile Billboards | Billboard Trucks
Mobile marketing External links:
Mobile Marketing Made EZ – EZ Texting
Affordable Mobile Marketing & SMS Marketing
Home – Mobile Marketing Watch
Music on hold External links:
Merlin Adjuncts – Music on Hold (MOH) – General Information
Music On Hold – FREE download Music On Hold
Native advertising External links:
Email Monetization and Native Advertising: Gold Lasso
Ampush | Native Advertising Solution
Nativo: The Leading Native Advertising Platform
New media External links:
WHAT IS NEW MEDIA?
New Media (2010) – IMDb
Online advertising External links:
Denver Online Advertising Agency | Booyah
Performance management External links:
Employee Performance Management Software | PerformYard
Performance Management | Home | Performance Culture
Scoreboard KPI Performance Management Software – …
Personal selling External links:
Personal Selling Week 3 – YouTube
Syllabus: MKTG 220 Personal Selling – Courses Server
Point of sale External links:
Point Of Sale – Mizuno USA
Point of Sale Systems in Southern Oregon – Online POS …
Paladin Point of Sale Homepage – Paladin Point of Sale
Product demonstration External links:
NeverWet Arrives – Hands-On Product Demonstration – …
AliMed Product Demonstration Videos
Contact Us for a Free Product Demonstration | Dataforma
Product marketing External links:
Product Marketing | United States | Lightning Launch
Product Marketing tips and strategies from Launch Grow Joy
Product Marketing – Gap Inc.
Product placement External links:
Viagra Product Placement | Available Online
Product Placement Expertise – Entertainment Marketing Group
Promotional merchandise External links:
Brand Impression – Promotional Merchandise for Brand …
Solutions – Promotional Merchandise, Online Company Stores
British Made Promotional Merchandise – BMPM.trade
Sales promotion External links:
Sales Promotion – Land O’Lakes
Sales Promotion | Marketing Teacher
AMZ Sales Promotion – Service to Growth Your Amazon …
Sex in advertising External links:
Sex in Advertising Commercial – YouTube
Does sex in advertising actually work? – Brooks Bell
Social marketing External links:
SEO Company, Experts in Paid Media, PR & Social Marketing
2018 USF Social Marketing Conference | Clearwater, FL
ToneDen – Automated Social Marketing and Advertising
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – update.revolvy.com
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual merchandising. (DVD video, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Visual Merchandising. (eVideo, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Web banner External links:
iKomee – Banner Maker | Free Online Web Banner Design
Free and Easy Web Banner Vertical | Federal Student Aid
Web Banner Color Themes | Visual Identity System
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
BzzAgent is the leading word-of-mouth marketing (WOM) …
YP Powers Word-of-Mouth Marketing – YouTube