What is involved in Web API
Find out what the related areas are that Web API connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Web API thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Web API journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Web API leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Web API related domains to cover and 137 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Web API, Web application, World Wide Web Consortium, Comparison of application servers, Infrastructure as a service, Engine Yard, Client-side scripting, Web Server Gateway Interface, Common Gateway Interface, XAML Browser Applications, Mod jk, Web browser engine, Cloud computing security, HTML5 File API, Mod proxy, Server-side scripting, Hypertext Transfer Protocol, HTTP handler, Mod parrot, Mozilla Foundation, Google Native Client, Rackspace Cloud, Dynamic HTML, HTML5 Audio, Mod ruby, HTML5 in mobile devices, Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand, W3C Geolocation API, HP Cloud, Server Application Programming Interface, Software as a service, O’Reilly Media, Cross-origin resource sharing, Amazon Web Services, Server-sent events, AOT compiler, Inter-process communication, Web Messaging, Inktank Storage, G Suite, Web server, Apache HTTP Server, Web IDL, Application server, Distributed file system for cloud, FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5, Media Source Extensions:
Web API Critical Criteria:
Survey Web API engagements and attract Web API skills.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Web API process?
– Is Web API dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Web application Critical Criteria:
Trace Web application goals and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Web application projects.
– I keep a record of names; surnames and emails of individuals in a web application. Do these data come under the competence of GDPR? And do both the operator of the web application and I need to treat them that way?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Web API processes?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Web API experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Web API strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are my web application portfolios and databases ready to migrate to the Windows Azure platform?
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
– How do you approach building a large web application?
– How does IT exploit a Web Application?
World Wide Web Consortium Critical Criteria:
Contribute to World Wide Web Consortium risks and acquire concise World Wide Web Consortium education.
– Are assumptions made in Web API stated explicitly?
– Is Supporting Web API documentation required?
– How can you measure Web API in a systematic way?
Comparison of application servers Critical Criteria:
Face Comparison of application servers engagements and give examples utilizing a core of simple Comparison of application servers skills.
– Among the Web API product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How to deal with Web API Changes?
– What is our Web API Strategy?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Investigate Infrastructure as a service strategies and learn.
– Do the Web API decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How will you know that the Web API project has been successful?
– What is Effective Web API?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Grasp Engine Yard strategies and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Web API workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the short and long-term Web API goals?
– How can we improve Web API?
Client-side scripting Critical Criteria:
Canvass Client-side scripting results and report on the economics of relationships managing Client-side scripting and constraints.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Web API objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Web API? There might be some that are less obvious?
Web Server Gateway Interface Critical Criteria:
Drive Web Server Gateway Interface engagements and forecast involvement of future Web Server Gateway Interface projects in development.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Web API project?
– What are the long-term Web API goals?
Common Gateway Interface Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Common Gateway Interface engagements and grade techniques for implementing Common Gateway Interface controls.
– What are our Web API Processes?
– Are there Web API Models?
XAML Browser Applications Critical Criteria:
Drive XAML Browser Applications tasks and work towards be a leading XAML Browser Applications expert.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Web API activities?
– How much does Web API help?
Mod jk Critical Criteria:
Check Mod jk results and attract Mod jk skills.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Web API project manager?
Web browser engine Critical Criteria:
Meet over Web browser engine planning and catalog what business benefits will Web browser engine goals deliver if achieved.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Web API project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Web API project lifecycle?
– What are all of our Web API domains and what do they do?
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Cloud computing security planning and grade techniques for implementing Cloud computing security controls.
– Think about the functions involved in your Web API project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we know that any Web API analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
HTML5 File API Critical Criteria:
Study HTML5 File API engagements and pay attention to the small things.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Web API process?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Web API move?
Mod proxy Critical Criteria:
Model after Mod proxy goals and shift your focus.
– Think about the people you identified for your Web API project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the key elements of your Web API performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the business goals Web API is aiming to achieve?
Server-side scripting Critical Criteria:
Investigate Server-side scripting management and assess what counts with Server-side scripting that we are not counting.
– How can you negotiate Web API successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we maintain Web APIs Integrity?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Critical Criteria:
Understand Hypertext Transfer Protocol projects and work towards be a leading Hypertext Transfer Protocol expert.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Web API values?
HTTP handler Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about HTTP handler goals and change contexts.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Web API process?
– Are there recognized Web API problems?
Mod parrot Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Mod parrot goals and probe Mod parrot strategic alliances.
– Does Web API include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we Identify specific Web API investment and emerging trends?
– How to Secure Web API?
Mozilla Foundation Critical Criteria:
Scan Mozilla Foundation planning and drive action.
– Which customers cant participate in our Web API domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Web API been identified and analyzed?
Google Native Client Critical Criteria:
Confer re Google Native Client visions and pioneer acquisition of Google Native Client systems.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Web API leaders?
– Does our organization need more Web API education?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Start Rackspace Cloud outcomes and balance specific methods for improving Rackspace Cloud results.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Web API is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Web API agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we Improve Web API service perception, and satisfaction?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
Dynamic HTML Critical Criteria:
Merge Dynamic HTML leadership and look in other fields.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Web API?
– Is there a Web API Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is the Web API organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
HTML5 Audio Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize HTML5 Audio failures and create a map for yourself.
– Why is Web API important for you now?
Mod ruby Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Mod ruby issues and check on ways to get started with Mod ruby.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Web API in a volatile global economy?
– For your Web API project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Web API requirements in detail?
HTML5 in mobile devices Critical Criteria:
Trace HTML5 in mobile devices tasks and grade techniques for implementing HTML5 in mobile devices controls.
– Do those selected for the Web API team have a good general understanding of what Web API is all about?
– Is Web API Required?
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand governance and triple focus on important concepts of Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand relationship management.
– How do we measure improved Web API service perception, and satisfaction?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Web API moving forward?
– How can the value of Web API be defined?
W3C Geolocation API Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot W3C Geolocation API visions and give examples utilizing a core of simple W3C Geolocation API skills.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Web API into the services that we provide?
– How will you measure your Web API effectiveness?
– How would one define Web API leadership?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Detail HP Cloud quality and oversee implementation of HP Cloud.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Web API is underway?
– What business benefits will Web API goals deliver if achieved?
– What will drive Web API change?
Server Application Programming Interface Critical Criteria:
Own Server Application Programming Interface management and gather Server Application Programming Interface models .
– Why should we adopt a Web API framework?
– What are current Web API Paradigms?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Software as a service engagements and develop and take control of the Software as a service initiative.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Web API services/products?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Web API processes of our organization?
O’Reilly Media Critical Criteria:
Analyze O’Reilly Media decisions and maintain O’Reilly Media for success.
– Does Web API create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Cross-origin resource sharing Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Cross-origin resource sharing decisions and define what do we need to start doing with Cross-origin resource sharing.
– How likely is the current Web API plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Web API effort?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Generalize Amazon Web Services outcomes and acquire concise Amazon Web Services education.
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Have you identified your Web API key performance indicators?
– Will Web API deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Server-sent events Critical Criteria:
Audit Server-sent events management and get answers.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Web API?
AOT compiler Critical Criteria:
Communicate about AOT compiler goals and oversee AOT compiler management by competencies.
– Which Web API goals are the most important?
– How do we keep improving Web API?
Inter-process communication Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Inter-process communication risks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Inter-process communication.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Web API, including any consulting or professional services?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Web API opportunities costing us money?
Web Messaging Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Web Messaging management and separate what are the business goals Web Messaging is aiming to achieve.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Web API products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Web API project?
Inktank Storage Critical Criteria:
Pilot Inktank Storage projects and document what potential Inktank Storage megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Web API?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Track G Suite tasks and forecast involvement of future G Suite projects in development.
– What are the usability implications of Web API actions?
Web server Critical Criteria:
Align Web server decisions and integrate design thinking in Web server innovation.
– Are web servers located on a publicly reachable network segment separated from the internal network by a firewall (dmz)?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
Apache HTTP Server Critical Criteria:
Read up on Apache HTTP Server quality and customize techniques for implementing Apache HTTP Server controls.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Web API. How do we gain traction?
Web IDL Critical Criteria:
Mine Web IDL goals and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Web IDL.
– How important is Web API to the user organizations mission?
– Are accountability and ownership for Web API clearly defined?
Application server Critical Criteria:
Group Application server failures and intervene in Application server processes and leadership.
– Does Web API analysis show the relationships among important Web API factors?
– What are specific Web API Rules to follow?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Distributed file system for cloud governance and tour deciding if Distributed file system for cloud progress is made.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Web API that make it risky?
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 services.
– How do we go about Comparing Web API approaches/solutions?
– What threat is Web API addressing?
Media Source Extensions Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Media Source Extensions management and look for lots of ideas.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Web API product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does Web API systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Web API Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Web API External links:
Navionics Web API v2 – LAKE OF THE WOODS
SmartBid Web Api
Web application External links:
SmartRPA | Web Application
BIS SNAP-R Exporter Web Application
World Wide Web Consortium External links:
CiteSeerX — The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is the
Comparison of application servers External links:
Comparison of application servers – WOW.com
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Best Large Scale Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) | ANEXIO
Engine Yard External links:
Engine Yard – Home | Facebook
Engine Yard – Official Site
Engine Yard – Roblox
Client-side scripting External links:
What is client-side scripting? – Quora
Web Server Gateway Interface External links:
GitHub – nestproject/Nest: Swift Web Server Gateway Interface
web server gateway interface_pdf – docscrewbanks.com
Common Gateway Interface External links:
Common Gateway Interface (CGI), Information …
Common Gateway Interface Jobs – Apply Now | …
Mod jk External links:
RockKrawler 2.5″ Stock Mod JK Lift – Wanderingtrail
Mod Proxy AJP Versus Mod JK – Round 1 – Contegix
Web browser engine External links:
Mozilla Servo Web browser engine – Acid test – YouTube
Cloud computing security External links:
DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide …
Cloud Computing Security | FNTS
Mod proxy External links:
Load Balancing using Apache mod proxy | Technology …
Apache Reverse Proxy with Mod Proxy on CentOS 7 …
Server-side scripting External links:
PHP server-side scripting language – Indiana University
Server-side scripting Flashcards | Quizlet
CIS224 Server-Side Scripting with PHP | ECPI University
Hypertext Transfer Protocol External links:
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
CSRC – Glossary – Hypertext Transfer Protocol
Netsh Commands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
Mozilla Foundation External links:
Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories for August 8, 2017
Mozilla Foundation – About
Mozilla Foundation – About | Facebook
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Cloud Identity API 2.0 – Rackspace Developer …
How reliable is Rackspace Cloud? – Quora
Dynamic HTML External links:
Introduction to Dynamic HTML (Internet Explorer)
Dynamic HTML page titles using jsp (JSP forum at …
HTML5 Audio External links:
Smart Pearson Player – HTML5 Audio Player
HTML5 in mobile devices External links:
Web???(HTML5 in mobile devices) – Community | …
W3C Geolocation API External links:
[PDF]Privacy Issues of the W3C Geolocation API – …
W3C Geolocation API | Parth Bhatt
HP Cloud External links:
Using HP Cloud Recovery Client – YouTube
HP Cloud Storage Access Platform & Solutions – Gladinet
Server Application Programming Interface External links:
Netscape Server Application Programming Interface – …
Internet Server Application Programming Interface – …
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
O’Reilly Media External links:
Fundamentals of Deep Learning – O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly Media – Home | Facebook
Cross-origin resource sharing External links:
enable cross-origin resource sharing
Use OAuth with Cross-Origin Resource Sharing to …
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
What is AWS? – Amazon Web Services – YouTube
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
Server-sent events External links:
HTML5 Server-Sent Events – W3Schools
Stream Updates with Server-Sent Events – HTML5 Rocks
Server-Sent Events with Node.js (Express) – …
Inter-process communication External links:
Inter-process Communication – Mill Computing, Inc
Web Messaging External links:
CometD – Highly Scalable Clustered Web Messaging
Web Messaging – LivePerson
Web Messaging Samples – Silver Star Communications
G Suite External links:
What’s New in G Suite
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® – Google
G Suite (formerly Google Apps) | Cedarville University
Web server External links:
Click this to login to the Onbase Web Server
HNTB ProjectWise Web Server
Apache HTTP Server External links:
Frequently Asked Questions – Apache HTTP Server
Download – The Apache HTTP Server Project
Apache HTTP Server – Official Site
Application server External links:
Colorado Dept. of Local Affairs Application Server – WebUtil
Oracle Application Server Forms Services gsprodinb09
Auburn University – OIT Web Application Server
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
Distributed file system for cloud – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Distributed file system for cloud – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/topic/Distributed file system for cloud