What is involved in Corporate finance
Find out what the related areas are that Corporate finance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Corporate finance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Corporate finance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Corporate finance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Corporate finance related domains to cover and 141 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Corporate finance, Debt restructuring, Aswath Damodaran, Capital asset pricing model, Default risk, Johan Palmstruch, Frans van der Hoff, Call option, Modigliani–Miller theorem, Staggered board of directors, Operations management, Muscovy Company, DK Publishing, Venture capital, Corporate finance, Book building, Pre-emption right, Commonwealth of Nations, Financial market participants, Preferred stock, Binomial options model, Sum-of-the-parts analysis, Credit crunch, Publicly listed company, Trade-Off Theory, Private equity, Investment bank, Financial instruments, Probability distribution, Financial planning, Financial engineering, Tag-along right, Security Analysis, Coenraad Johannes van Houten, Shareholder rights plan, Leveraged buyout, Cash flow hedge, Bankruptcy costs of debt, Time horizon, Associate company, Bias of an estimator, Capital budgeting, Personal finance, Special-purpose entity, Liquidity risk, Return on equity, Discounts and allowances, Cash management, High-yield debt, Market timing hypothesis, Fundamental analysis, Stress testing, Public finance, Minority discount, Free cash flow to equity, Certainty equivalent:
Corporate finance Critical Criteria:
Start Corporate finance planning and attract Corporate finance skills.
– Does Corporate finance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the key elements of your Corporate finance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Why are Corporate finance skills important?
Debt restructuring Critical Criteria:
Confer re Debt restructuring failures and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Debt restructuring.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Corporate finance strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do we monitor the Corporate finance decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is Corporate finance Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Aswath Damodaran Critical Criteria:
Analyze Aswath Damodaran decisions and perfect Aswath Damodaran conflict management.
– In the case of a Corporate finance project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Corporate finance project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Corporate finance project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– To what extent does management recognize Corporate finance as a tool to increase the results?
Capital asset pricing model Critical Criteria:
Categorize Capital asset pricing model governance and stake your claim.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Corporate finance move?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Corporate finance Management?
– What are the long-term Corporate finance goals?
Default risk Critical Criteria:
Shape Default risk outcomes and be persistent.
– Is maximizing Corporate finance protection the same as minimizing Corporate finance loss?
– How do we Lead with Corporate finance in Mind?
Johan Palmstruch Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Johan Palmstruch engagements and finalize specific methods for Johan Palmstruch acceptance.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Corporate finance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is a Corporate finance Team Work effort in place?
Frans van der Hoff Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Frans van der Hoff tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Frans van der Hoff.
– Are accountability and ownership for Corporate finance clearly defined?
– How do we maintain Corporate finances Integrity?
Call option Critical Criteria:
Steer Call option tasks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Corporate finance process?
– Is there any existing Corporate finance governance structure?
– What are specific Corporate finance Rules to follow?
Modigliani–Miller theorem Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Modigliani–Miller theorem issues and perfect Modigliani–Miller theorem conflict management.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Corporate finance moving forward?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Corporate finance?
Staggered board of directors Critical Criteria:
Grasp Staggered board of directors tactics and find the ideas you already have.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Corporate finance leader?
– Have all basic functions of Corporate finance been defined?
Operations management Critical Criteria:
Detail Operations management risks and figure out ways to motivate other Operations management users.
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– How do we manage Corporate finance Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are the business goals Corporate finance is aiming to achieve?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
– Do we all define Corporate finance in the same way?
Muscovy Company Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Muscovy Company issues and cater for concise Muscovy Company education.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Corporate finance into the services that we provide?
– How can you measure Corporate finance in a systematic way?
DK Publishing Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over DK Publishing strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Corporate finance activities?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Corporate finance?
– What are the barriers to increased Corporate finance production?
Venture capital Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Venture capital projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Venture capital.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Corporate finance opportunities costing us money?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Corporate finance effort?
– How to deal with Corporate finance Changes?
Corporate finance Critical Criteria:
Investigate Corporate finance planning and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Corporate finance information.
– Think about the functions involved in your Corporate finance project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Corporate finance leaders?
Book building Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Book building management and drive action.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Corporate finance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Corporate finance with what users do day-to-day?
Pre-emption right Critical Criteria:
Sort Pre-emption right governance and adjust implementation of Pre-emption right.
– How do we Improve Corporate finance service perception, and satisfaction?
Commonwealth of Nations Critical Criteria:
Scan Commonwealth of Nations engagements and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Commonwealth of Nations.
– Among the Corporate finance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Will Corporate finance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Financial market participants Critical Criteria:
Dissect Financial market participants governance and report on setting up Financial market participants without losing ground.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Corporate finance that make it risky?
– When a Corporate finance manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Corporate finance project?
Preferred stock Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Preferred stock management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Preferred stock projects.
– Think about the people you identified for your Corporate finance project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Corporate finance project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Corporate finance project lifecycle?
– Does Corporate finance appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Binomial options model Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Binomial options model management and change contexts.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Corporate finance, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are current Corporate finance Paradigms?
Sum-of-the-parts analysis Critical Criteria:
Mine Sum-of-the-parts analysis governance and ask questions.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Corporate finance processes?
– Are assumptions made in Corporate finance stated explicitly?
– How much does Corporate finance help?
Credit crunch Critical Criteria:
Infer Credit crunch projects and check on ways to get started with Credit crunch.
– Does Corporate finance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Publicly listed company Critical Criteria:
Talk about Publicly listed company goals and attract Publicly listed company skills.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Corporate finance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Corporate finance process available?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Corporate finance does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Trade-Off Theory Critical Criteria:
Survey Trade-Off Theory management and question.
– Is Corporate finance Required?
Private equity Critical Criteria:
Grade Private equity management and perfect Private equity conflict management.
Investment bank Critical Criteria:
Explore Investment bank leadership and probe the present value of growth of Investment bank.
– Can we do Corporate finance without complex (expensive) analysis?
Financial instruments Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Financial instruments outcomes and probe Financial instruments strategic alliances.
– Consider your own Corporate finance project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Corporate finance forward?
Probability distribution Critical Criteria:
Model after Probability distribution visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Probability distribution because they lack skills.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Corporate finance is underway?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Corporate finance been identified and analyzed?
– How would one define Corporate finance leadership?
Financial planning Critical Criteria:
Reason over Financial planning results and display thorough understanding of the Financial planning process.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Corporate finance services/products?
Financial engineering Critical Criteria:
Model after Financial engineering goals and find the essential reading for Financial engineering researchers.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Corporate finance delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is Supporting Corporate finance documentation required?
– How can skill-level changes improve Corporate finance?
Tag-along right Critical Criteria:
Rank Tag-along right strategies and display thorough understanding of the Tag-along right process.
– what is the best design framework for Corporate finance organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Corporate finance processes?
– Do we have past Corporate finance Successes?
Security Analysis Critical Criteria:
Explore Security Analysis results and attract Security Analysis skills.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Corporate finance?
– Why should we adopt a Corporate finance framework?
Coenraad Johannes van Houten Critical Criteria:
Sort Coenraad Johannes van Houten engagements and achieve a single Coenraad Johannes van Houten view and bringing data together.
– Will Corporate finance have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Does our organization need more Corporate finance education?
Shareholder rights plan Critical Criteria:
Grasp Shareholder rights plan decisions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Shareholder rights plan services.
– Are there Corporate finance problems defined?
Leveraged buyout Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Leveraged buyout visions and test out new things.
– What business benefits will Corporate finance goals deliver if achieved?
Cash flow hedge Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Cash flow hedge tactics and differentiate in coordinating Cash flow hedge.
– For your Corporate finance project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are our needs in relation to Corporate finance skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Bankruptcy costs of debt Critical Criteria:
Unify Bankruptcy costs of debt goals and acquire concise Bankruptcy costs of debt education.
– Who will provide the final approval of Corporate finance deliverables?
– How is the value delivered by Corporate finance being measured?
Time horizon Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Time horizon outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Time horizon relationship management.
– What time horizon is long enough to see patterns in behavior?
Associate company Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Associate company leadership and separate what are the business goals Associate company is aiming to achieve.
– What are all of our Corporate finance domains and what do they do?
– Are there Corporate finance Models?
Bias of an estimator Critical Criteria:
Investigate Bias of an estimator decisions and work towards be a leading Bias of an estimator expert.
– What will drive Corporate finance change?
Capital budgeting Critical Criteria:
Reason over Capital budgeting issues and achieve a single Capital budgeting view and bringing data together.
– Distinguish between permanent working capital and temporary working capital. Why is the difference important to financial managers?
– Under what circumstances will the NPV, IRR, and PI techniques provide different capital budgeting decisions?
– Does the contribution of corporate cash holdings and dividends to firm value depend on governance?
– Screening decisions. Does a proposed project meet some preset standard of acceptance?
– What is the difference between mandatory and discretionary capital investments?
– How can poor capital budgeting decisions produce negative effects to the firm?
– What is the primary purpose of expansion projects and replacement projects?
– How does a lock box-concentration banking system impact a firms float?
– What is the basic present value equation used in capital budgeting?
– What are the costs and benefits of maintaining inventories?
– What If Investment Projects Are Not Perpetuities?
– What is the purpose of post auditing projects?
– What is the investments payback period?
– Do we need CAPM for capital budgeting?
– When are the NPV and IRR reliable?
– How do projects get considered?
– What is operating leverage?
– What is Capital rationing?
Personal finance Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Personal finance adoptions and achieve a single Personal finance view and bringing data together.
Special-purpose entity Critical Criteria:
Gauge Special-purpose entity quality and finalize specific methods for Special-purpose entity acceptance.
– How do we know that any Corporate finance analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Liquidity risk Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Liquidity risk goals and triple focus on important concepts of Liquidity risk relationship management.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Corporate finance workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does Corporate finance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Return on equity Critical Criteria:
Map Return on equity engagements and adjust implementation of Return on equity.
– Do those selected for the Corporate finance team have a good general understanding of what Corporate finance is all about?
– What is our formula for success in Corporate finance ?
– What is the formula for return on equity?
– What is Return on Equity?
Discounts and allowances Critical Criteria:
Refer to Discounts and allowances results and probe Discounts and allowances strategic alliances.
– What about Corporate finance Analysis of results?
Cash management Critical Criteria:
Check Cash management planning and revise understanding of Cash management architectures.
– What is our Corporate finance Strategy?
High-yield debt Critical Criteria:
Investigate High-yield debt goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive High-yield debt projects.
Market timing hypothesis Critical Criteria:
Refer to Market timing hypothesis results and ask what if.
Fundamental analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Fundamental analysis outcomes and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What is the purpose of Corporate finance in relation to the mission?
Stress testing Critical Criteria:
Focus on Stress testing goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Stress testing projects.
– Does Corporate finance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– what is our biggest challenge to stress testing?
Public finance Critical Criteria:
Face Public finance outcomes and be persistent.
Minority discount Critical Criteria:
Focus on Minority discount management and perfect Minority discount conflict management.
Free cash flow to equity Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Free cash flow to equity management and secure Free cash flow to equity creativity.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Corporate finance strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Corporate finance process?
Certainty equivalent Critical Criteria:
X-ray Certainty equivalent decisions and stake your claim.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Corporate finance project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What threat is Corporate finance addressing?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Corporate finance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Corporate finance External links:
Corporate Finance- Chapter 7 Flashcards | Quizlet
Corporate finance (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Aswath Damodaran External links:
Aswath Damodaran: “Valuation: Four Lessons to Take …
Graham And Doddsville | Aswath Damodaran
Aswath Damodaran » CFA Society New York
Capital asset pricing model External links:
Capital Asset Pricing Model – CAPM – Investopedia
Default risk External links:
Default Risk – Investopedia
Default Risk Flashcards | Quizlet
Frans van der Hoff External links:
Frans Van Der Hoff – AbeBooks
Call option External links:
Call Option Explained | Online Option Trading Guide
How To Exercise A Call Option – YouTube
How and Why to Use a Covered Call Option Strategy
Staggered board of directors External links:
staggered board of directors – Vocabulary.com
www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/staggered board of directors
Operations management External links:
Operations management (Book, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Muscovy Company External links:
Muscovy Company | Article about Muscovy Company by …
Muscovy Company – Infoplease
DK Publishing External links:
DK Publishing | Scholastic
Duck by DK Publishing, Paperback | Barnes & Noble®
Venture capital External links:
Elevar Equity – Human Centered Venture Capital
FundRx | Healthcare and Life Science Venture Capital | FundRx
Corporate finance External links:
Corporate Finance- Chapter 7 Flashcards | Quizlet
Corporate finance (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Book building External links:
The Blue Book Building & Construction Network® – YouTube
Book Building Exercise – ninewest.store
Pre-emption right External links:
Pre-emption right legal definition of Pre-emption right
Commonwealth of Nations External links:
History and Purpose of the Commonwealth of Nations
Why was commonwealth of nations formed? – Quora
[CoN] Commonwealth of Nations – ROBLOX
Preferred stock External links:
PFF iShares US Preferred Stock ETF ETF PFF Quote Price …
Binomial options model External links:
Qwika – Binomial options model
Sum-of-the-parts analysis External links:
Sum-of-the-Parts Analysis – Macabacus
Credit crunch External links:
The Credit Crunch Explained – YouTube
BBC NEWS | Business | Credit crunch: Around the world
Publicly listed company External links:
PLC abbreviation stands for Publicly Listed Company
Trade-Off Theory External links:
OfficeMix : Capital Structure: Trade-Off Theory
Private equity External links:
Charlesbank | middle-market private equity leaders
Private Equity & Growth Capital Services for Businesses
Home | Post Oak Energy Capital – Private Equity
Investment bank External links:
CFG Investment Bank
Independent Investment Bank | Matrix Capital Markets Group
Westlake Securities – Premier investment bank in Austin, TX
Financial instruments External links:
Financial instruments Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Financial Instruments—Overall (Subtopic 825-10)
Probability distribution External links:
Probability Distribution in Statistics – ThoughtCo
[PDF]Application of Normal Probability Distribution
Financial planning External links:
Financial Planning Software | Online Financial Advisors | Wela
Tax & Financial Planning Dallas | Financial Gravity
Financial engineering External links:
Financial Engineering and Risk Management Part I | …
Master of Financial Engineering Program | Berkeley-Haas
What is Financial Engineering – IAQF
Tag-along right External links:
Tag-Along Right financial definition of Tag-Along Right
Security Analysis External links:
PHP Security Analysis – RIPS
Center for Excellence in Accounting and Security Analysis
Fordham University Gabelli Center for Global Security Analysis
Coenraad Johannes van Houten External links:
Coenraad Johannes van Houten – KidzSearch.com
Coenraad Johannes Van Houten – Prezi
Shareholder rights plan External links:
[PDF]PotashCorp Shareholder Rights Plan
www.potashcorp.com/media/POT_2010_Shareholder Rights Plan.pdf
Morgan Stanley Shareholder Rights Plan Policy
Leveraged buyout External links:
Carter LBO | Leveraged Buyout | Cost Of Capital
[PDF]Anatomy of a Leveraged Buyout: Leverage + Control + …
Cash flow hedge External links:
FX Cash Flow Hedge Accounting 101 – Hedge Trackers
[PDF]Cash flow Hedges – WordPress.com
What is Cash Flow Hedge? definition and meaning
Time horizon External links:
Identify Time Horizon – NRSforU
Identify Time Horizon – Arizona Deferred Compensation
Projecting Program Cost Over an Adequate Time Horizon…
Bias of an estimator External links:
Revised Chapter 3 | Bias Of An Estimator | Estimator
Capital budgeting External links:
Capital budgeting (VHS tape, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
Capital budgeting (eBook, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Capital Budgeting – Investopedia
Personal finance External links:
Sage Personal Finance – Official Site
Personal Finance Center
Millennial Money | Next Generation Personal Finance
Special-purpose entity External links:
A special purpose entity (SPE; or, in Europe and India, special purpose vehicle/SPV, or, in some cases in each EU jurisdiction – FVC financial vehicle corporation) is a legal entity (usually a limited company of some type or, sometimes, a limited partnership) created to fulfill narrow, specific or temporary objectives. SPEs are typically used by companies to isolate the firm from financial risk.
Liquidity risk External links:
Liquidity Risk Management | BBVA Compass
Liquidity Risk Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Final Rule: Investment Company Liquidity Risk …
Return on equity External links:
How to Calculate Return on Equity First Year – The Balance
Return on Equity: Profit Margin — The Motley Fool
Discounts and allowances External links:
QUIZ BM4 | Discounts And Allowances | Invoice
Cash management External links:
Cash Management Solutions & Services from Fidelity Investments
Title Cash Management $80,000 Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Market timing hypothesis External links:
A Finance Student’s Notes: Market Timing Hypothesis
Fundamental analysis External links:
Fundamental Analysis of Trading Commodities – The …
AympeR Markets – Technical and Fundamental Analysis
Stress testing External links:
[PDF]Stress Testing of Financial Systems: An Overview of …
Pharmacologic Stress Testing – What You Need to Know
Public finance External links:
Public Finance Authority
Pinnacle Public Finance – Home
WPF – Women in Public Finance
Free cash flow to equity External links:
[PDF]CHAPTER 14 FREE CASH FLOW TO EQUITY …
Free Cash Flow To Equity – FCFE – investopedia.com
Free Cash Flow to Equity Definition – YCharts
Certainty equivalent External links:
Certainty Equivalent Return Definition – NASDAQ.com
[PDF]Certainty Equivalent: The amount of payoff that an …
Certainty Equivalent Definition | Investopedia