What is involved in Cybersecurity
Find out what the related areas are that Cybersecurity connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cybersecurity thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cybersecurity Risk journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cybersecurity Risk leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cybersecurity related domains to cover and 167 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cybersecurity, Form W-2, Virtual space, Identification card, Activity tracker, System administrator, Network packet, Chinese government, Unit testing, Software vulnerability, Privilege escalation, HBGary Federal, Expected value, Cyber hygiene, Application software, Autonomous car, Computer Emergency Readiness Team, Credit card, Computer access control, Data integrity, Security-focused operating system, Apple Inc., Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section, Differentiated security, Denial of service, Rome Laboratory, Hardware security, Keystroke logging, Inoculation theory, Executive order, Content Disarm & Reconstruction, National Cyber Security Division, Virtual Private Networks, Office of Personnel Management data breach, Anti-virus software, Audit trail, Computer emergency response team, Computer network, National Security Agency, Secure coding, Exit procedure, United States Office of Personnel Management, Computer viruses, Library of Congress Control Number, Computer case, Social Security number, Request for Comments, Smart watch, Sony Pictures, Attack tree, United States Department of Justice, Packet capture appliance, Network interface, Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System, Identity-based security, CNN Money:
Cybersecurity Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Cybersecurity projects and handle a jump-start course to Cybersecurity.
– What are the current regulatory and regulatory reporting requirements in the United States (e.g. local, state, national, and other) for organizations relating to Cybersecurity?
– If the liability portion of a Cybersecurity insurance policy is a claims-made policy, is an extended reporting endorsement (tail coverage) offered?
– How do you determine which systems, components and functions get priority in regard to implementation of new Cybersecurity measures?
– What performance goals do we adopt to ensure our ability to provide essential services while managing Cybersecurity risk?
– Does our company communicate to employees the process for reporting and containing compromise?
– Is removable media protected and its use restricted according to your organizations policies?
– What are the security information requirements of Cybersecurity stakeholders?
– Do governance and risk management processes address Cybersecurity risks?
– Is our Cybersecurity strategy aligned with our business objectives?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– Can I explain our corporate Cybersecurity strategy to others?
– Are our Cybersecurity capabilities efficient and effective?
– Is the Cybersecurity policy reviewed or audited?
– Is your Cybersecurity plan tested regularly?
– Are Cybersecurity responsibilities assigned?
– What else do you need to learn to be ready?
– How do you design a secure network?
Form W-2 Critical Criteria:
Own Form W-2 tactics and get going.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Cybersecurity? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is Cybersecurity Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What will drive Cybersecurity change?
Virtual space Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Virtual space issues and grade techniques for implementing Virtual space controls.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Cybersecurity objectives?
– How do we go about Securing Cybersecurity?
– How to deal with Cybersecurity Changes?
Identification card Critical Criteria:
Check Identification card outcomes and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Identification card.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Cybersecurity activities?
– Who sets the Cybersecurity standards?
– Are there Cybersecurity Models?
Activity tracker Critical Criteria:
Group Activity tracker tactics and shift your focus.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Cybersecurity move?
– Is Supporting Cybersecurity documentation required?
– How would one define Cybersecurity leadership?
System administrator Critical Criteria:
Examine System administrator failures and work towards be a leading System administrator expert.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– Does Cybersecurity analysis show the relationships among important Cybersecurity factors?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Cybersecurity that make it risky?
– Who is the System Administrator?
Network packet Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Network packet adoptions and get answers.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Cybersecurity goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How will you measure your Cybersecurity effectiveness?
– Are there recognized Cybersecurity problems?
Chinese government Critical Criteria:
X-ray Chinese government engagements and catalog Chinese government activities.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Cybersecurity products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Cybersecurity agendas for the next 3 years?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Cybersecurity project?
Unit testing Critical Criteria:
Mix Unit testing decisions and summarize a clear Unit testing focus.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Cybersecurity, including any consulting or professional services?
– Do we have past Cybersecurity Successes?
Software vulnerability Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Software vulnerability risks and assess and formulate effective operational and Software vulnerability strategies.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Cybersecurity? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Cybersecurity processes?
Privilege escalation Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Privilege escalation risks and improve Privilege escalation service perception.
– In the case of a Cybersecurity project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Cybersecurity project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Cybersecurity project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Cybersecurity in a volatile global economy?
– Have all basic functions of Cybersecurity been defined?
HBGary Federal Critical Criteria:
Audit HBGary Federal issues and interpret which customers can’t participate in HBGary Federal because they lack skills.
– When a Cybersecurity manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How important is Cybersecurity to the user organizations mission?
– Why are Cybersecurity skills important?
Expected value Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Expected value management and improve Expected value service perception.
– Which customers cant participate in our Cybersecurity domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Cybersecurity with what users do day-to-day?
– How can the value of Cybersecurity be defined?
Cyber hygiene Critical Criteria:
Map Cyber hygiene tasks and arbitrate Cyber hygiene techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Cybersecurity workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Cybersecurity strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is the purpose of Cybersecurity in relation to the mission?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Value Application software engagements and do something to it.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Cybersecurity strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Cybersecurity leaders?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
Autonomous car Critical Criteria:
Focus on Autonomous car tasks and integrate design thinking in Autonomous car innovation.
– How likely is the current Cybersecurity plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Cybersecurity requirements in detail?
– Is there any existing Cybersecurity governance structure?
Computer Emergency Readiness Team Critical Criteria:
Analyze Computer Emergency Readiness Team risks and find answers.
– Which Cybersecurity goals are the most important?
– How can skill-level changes improve Cybersecurity?
Credit card Critical Criteria:
Infer Credit card results and look at it backwards.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Cybersecurity models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– If credit card payments are accepted, do we currently have a payment gateway?
– Will mobile payments ever replace credit cards?
– Why should we adopt a Cybersecurity framework?
Computer access control Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Computer access control management and find out what it really means.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Cybersecurity?
– How do we keep improving Cybersecurity?
Data integrity Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Data integrity adoptions and transcribe Data integrity as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Integrity/availability/confidentiality: How are data integrity, availability, and confidentiality maintained in the cloud?
– Do we all define Cybersecurity in the same way?
– Data Integrity, Is it SAP created?
– Can we rely on the Data Integrity?
Security-focused operating system Critical Criteria:
Understand Security-focused operating system adoptions and perfect Security-focused operating system conflict management.
– How can you negotiate Cybersecurity successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Apple Inc. Critical Criteria:
Read up on Apple Inc. tactics and sort Apple Inc. activities.
– What are our needs in relation to Cybersecurity skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Cybersecurity processes?
– How to Secure Cybersecurity?
Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section Critical Criteria:
Jump start Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section failures and correct Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section management by competencies.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Cybersecurity experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Why is Cybersecurity important for you now?
Differentiated security Critical Criteria:
Adapt Differentiated security engagements and track iterative Differentiated security results.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Cybersecurity product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Denial of service Critical Criteria:
Apply Denial of service goals and perfect Denial of service conflict management.
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– How easy would it be to lose your service if a denial of service attack is launched within your cloud provider?
– Is there a Cybersecurity Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What ability does the provider have to deal with denial of service attacks?
– Does Cybersecurity appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Rome Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Use past Rome Laboratory projects and gather Rome Laboratory models .
– What about Cybersecurity Analysis of results?
Hardware security Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Hardware security leadership and secure Hardware security creativity.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Cybersecurity effort?
– What is our Cybersecurity Strategy?
Keystroke logging Critical Criteria:
Guard Keystroke logging engagements and be persistent.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Cybersecurity been identified and analyzed?
– How is the value delivered by Cybersecurity being measured?
Inoculation theory Critical Criteria:
Examine Inoculation theory tactics and report on the economics of relationships managing Inoculation theory and constraints.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Cybersecurity strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do those selected for the Cybersecurity team have a good general understanding of what Cybersecurity is all about?
Executive order Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Executive order leadership and create Executive order explanations for all managers.
– How do we measure improved Cybersecurity service perception, and satisfaction?
– Does our organization need more Cybersecurity education?
Content Disarm & Reconstruction Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Content Disarm & Reconstruction leadership and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Content Disarm & Reconstruction services.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Cybersecurity is underway?
– What threat is Cybersecurity addressing?
– What are our Cybersecurity Processes?
National Cyber Security Division Critical Criteria:
Deduce National Cyber Security Division governance and oversee National Cyber Security Division management by competencies.
– Has your company conducted a Cybersecurity evaluation of key assets in concert with the National Cyber Security Division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Cybersecurity values?
Virtual Private Networks Critical Criteria:
Focus on Virtual Private Networks results and correct Virtual Private Networks management by competencies.
– Do the Cybersecurity decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Office of Personnel Management data breach Critical Criteria:
Value Office of Personnel Management data breach quality and define what do we need to start doing with Office of Personnel Management data breach.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Cybersecurity?
– Are we Assessing Cybersecurity and Risk?
Anti-virus software Critical Criteria:
Look at Anti-virus software issues and innovate what needs to be done with Anti-virus software.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Cybersecurity services/products?
– Does each mobile computer with direct connectivity to the internet have a personal firewall and anti-virus software installed?
– Is anti-virus software installed on all computers/servers that connect to your network?
– Is the anti-virus software package updated regularly?
– Is Cybersecurity Required?
Audit trail Critical Criteria:
Analyze Audit trail issues and define Audit trail competency-based leadership.
– How do we ensure Complete audit trails are maintained during the recovery period?
– Generate granular audit trails of all user actions to whatever level is needed?
Computer emergency response team Critical Criteria:
Judge Computer emergency response team results and look for lots of ideas.
– Do you monitor security alerts and advisories from your system vendors, Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) and other sources, taking appropriate and responsive actions?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Cybersecurity is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Consider Computer network planning and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Computer network is getting what it needs.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Cybersecurity project manager?
– Do we monitor the Cybersecurity decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– How do we Lead with Cybersecurity in Mind?
National Security Agency Critical Criteria:
Powwow over National Security Agency issues and drive action.
Secure coding Critical Criteria:
Understand Secure coding governance and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Secure coding.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Cybersecurity does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Do Cybersecurity rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Exit procedure Critical Criteria:
Value Exit procedure planning and adjust implementation of Exit procedure.
United States Office of Personnel Management Critical Criteria:
Explore United States Office of Personnel Management governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential United States Office of Personnel Management information.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Cybersecurity forward?
– What are internal and external Cybersecurity relations?
Computer viruses Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Computer viruses strategies and stake your claim.
Library of Congress Control Number Critical Criteria:
Map Library of Congress Control Number adoptions and ask what if.
– How do we Improve Cybersecurity service perception, and satisfaction?
Computer case Critical Criteria:
Grade Computer case planning and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Computer case projects.
– Can we add value to the current Cybersecurity decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Does the Cybersecurity task fit the clients priorities?
Social Security number Critical Criteria:
Coach on Social Security number risks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Social Security number skills.
– Does the tool in use allow the ability to use Smart number identifiers (e.g., the ability to recognize that 999 99 9999 is not a valid Social Security number)?
– Does Cybersecurity create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is our formula for success in Cybersecurity ?
Request for Comments Critical Criteria:
Examine Request for Comments projects and sort Request for Comments activities.
– Does Cybersecurity systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Cybersecurity opportunities costing us money?
Smart watch Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Smart watch risks and mentor Smart watch customer orientation.
Sony Pictures Critical Criteria:
Boost Sony Pictures leadership and sort Sony Pictures activities.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Cybersecurity into the services that we provide?
Attack tree Critical Criteria:
Think about Attack tree engagements and pay attention to the small things.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Cybersecurity process?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Cybersecurity study?
United States Department of Justice Critical Criteria:
Focus on United States Department of Justice risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive United States Department of Justice decisions.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Cybersecurity processes of our organization?
Packet capture appliance Critical Criteria:
Align Packet capture appliance adoptions and overcome Packet capture appliance skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How will you know that the Cybersecurity project has been successful?
– What are the barriers to increased Cybersecurity production?
Network interface Critical Criteria:
Categorize Network interface projects and pay attention to the small things.
– Microarchitecture for On-Chip Networks: What microarchitecture is needed for on-chip routers and network interfaces to meet latency, area, and power constraints?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Cybersecurity information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System Critical Criteria:
Gauge Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System goals and display thorough understanding of the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System process.
– What are the key elements of your Cybersecurity performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Think about the functions involved in your Cybersecurity project. what processes flow from these functions?
Identity-based security Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Identity-based security management and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Identity-based security decisions.
– Consider your own Cybersecurity project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Can we do Cybersecurity without complex (expensive) analysis?
CNN Money Critical Criteria:
Design CNN Money strategies and spearhead techniques for implementing CNN Money.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cybersecurity Risk Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cybersecurity External links:
Home | State of Idaho Cybersecurity Awareness
Form W-2 External links:
Form W-2–Wage and Tax Statement (Info Copy Only)
What is Being Reported on Form W-2 Box 12 Code DD? – PYA
[PDF]2017 Form W-2
Virtual space External links:
Identification card External links:
[PDF]Title Student Identification Card 6Hx2-5 – Broward …
Driver License and Identification Card Services
Activity tracker External links:
Buy Activity Tracker from Bed Bath & Beyond
Fitbit Zip™ Wireless Activity Tracker
Spire – Mindfulness & Activity Tracker
System administrator External links:
system administrator jobs in San Jose, CA | Dice.com
CSC System Administrator Overtime Lawsuit
System Administrator – Joink
Network packet External links:
Network Packet Brokers | Garland Technology
Packet Analyzer – Network Packet Analysis | SolarWinds
Unit testing External links:
Introduction to Unit Testing | QUnit
Unit testing and SMTP – ThinqLinq
What is Unit Testing? | Agile Alliance
Software vulnerability External links:
A software vulnerability is a security flaw, glitch, or weakness found in software or in an operating system (OS) that can lead to security concerns. An example of a software flaw is a buffer overflow.
Expected value External links:
Expected Value Excel – YouTube
expected value – Wiktionary
Cyber hygiene External links:
[PDF]CYBER HYGIENE & CYBER SECURITY …
Application software External links:
Chapter 3 – Application Software
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Autonomous car External links:
Autonomous Car Development Platform from NVIDIA …
Computer Emergency Readiness Team External links:
Computer Emergency Readiness Team – Prezi
Credit card External links:
Blaze MasterCard Credit Card
Consumer Credit Card Programs – Wells Fargo Retail Services
TD Cash Credit Card
Computer access control External links:
CASSIE – Computer Access Control
Smart Card Technology: New Methods for Computer Access Control
Data integrity External links:
Data Integrity Specialist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Integrity Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
[PDF]data integrity statement – AAUDE
Apple Inc. External links:
Apple Inc.: NASDAQ:AAPL quotes & news – Google Finance
Apple Watch User Guide by Apple Inc. on iBooks
Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section External links:
Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section …
www.justice.gov › … › About The Criminal Division › Sections/Offices
Denial of service External links:
Denial of Service Definition – Computer
Hardware security External links:
Texplained – Hardware Security Insight
Keystroke logging External links:
Keystroke Logging – LifeLock
Inoculation theory External links:
Inoculation Theory Flashcards | Quizlet
Inoculation Theory | The Graduate Program in Communication
Executive order External links:
Executive Order 11990, Protection of Wetlands, 1977 | FEMA.gov
Executive Order #38
Content Disarm & Reconstruction External links:
The new Content Disarm & Reconstruction Report demonstrates OPSWAT’s data sanitization technology, which reconstructs files after removing malicious content.
Index of /contents/video – donyayeiran.com
National Cyber Security Division External links:
[PDF]DHS, National Cyber Security Division Overview
Virtual Private Networks External links:
Virtual private networks (Book, 1998) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Virtual Private Networks – Computer Science
Audit trail External links:
Audit Trail | FileMaker Community
An audit trail (also called audit log) is a security-relevant chronological record, set of records, and/or destination and source of records that provide documentary evidence of the sequence of activities that have affected at any time a specific operation, procedure, or event.
SEC Approves Plan to Create Consolidated Audit Trail
Computer emergency response team External links:
Pakistan Computer Emergency Response Team – Home | Facebook
CERT.to – Computer Emergency Response Team for Tonga
CERT-GH – Ghana Computer Emergency Response Team
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
National Security Agency External links:
National Security Agency – The New York Times
NSA – National Security Agency – Home | Facebook
Secure coding External links:
Secure Coding – SEI CERT Coding Standards
Introduction to Secure Coding | MediaPro
Secure Coding | Symantec Connect
Exit procedure External links:
[PDF]Exit Procedure – NHS Shetland
Exit procedure – Twins! — Johns Hopkins University
Computer viruses External links:
Computer Viruses – BrainPOP
Thesis Statement on Computer Viruses – Paper-Research
Library of Congress Control Number External links:
CiteSeerX — Library of Congress Control Number: 2006926211
Library of Congress Control Number – Archway Publishing
Library of Congress Control Number – Balboa Press
Computer case External links:
DIYPC Skyline ATX Full Tower Gaming Computer Case …
Wooden Computer Case – YouTube
Social Security number External links:
Social Security Number
USATrace – Social Security Number Search and …
Smart watch External links:
MOSKITO Watch AG | Swiss Analog Smart Watch
See shopping results for smart watch
ZTE Quartz Smart Watch
Sony Pictures External links:
Miracles From Heaven | Official Movie Site | Sony Pictures
Careers | Sony Pictures
Sony Pictures Television – Official Site
Attack tree External links:
Attack Tree Software Tool | Amenaza Technologies Limited
Our Amstaff ‘Nesta’ Attack tree – YouTube
United States Department of Justice External links:
The United States Department of Justice – Home | Facebook
Packet capture appliance External links:
USC6042 Packet Capture Appliance w/Bypass and GPS
[PDF]USC10G3 10 GbE Packet Capture Appliance with …
Network interface External links:
E0X95AA HP Intel Ethernet I210-t1 GbE Network Interface Card
www.ebay.com › … › Interface/Add-On Cards › Network Cards
AAMVA – Unified Network Interface (UNI)
In computing, a network interface is a system’s (software and/or hardware) interface between two pieces of equipment or protocol layers in a computer network. A network interface will usually have some form of network address. This may consist of a node Id and a port number or may be a unique node Id in its own right.
CNN Money External links:
CNN Money Morning: September 11, 2001 Intro – YouTube