What is involved in Business Continuity Strategy
Find out what the related areas are that Business Continuity Strategy connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business Continuity Strategy thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Continuity Strategy journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Continuity Strategy leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business Continuity Strategy related domains to cover and 189 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business Continuity Strategy, Business continuity, Business continuity planning, Change management, Contingency management, Data center automation, Data recovery, Digital continuity, Disaster recovery, Disaster recovery plan, Firmware, High Availability, ISO 22301, Information Technology, Information security, Managed System, Microcode, Quality management, Resilience, Risk management, Service level agreement, Subnetwork, Volume Group, Workload Management:
Business Continuity Strategy Critical Criteria:
Consider Business Continuity Strategy decisions and document what potential Business Continuity Strategy megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Business Continuity Strategy does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is Effective Business Continuity Strategy?
Business continuity Critical Criteria:
Check Business continuity results and report on setting up Business continuity without losing ground.
– Who will be responsible for leading the various bcp teams (e.g., crisis/emergency, recovery, technology, communications, facilities, Human Resources, business units and processes, Customer Service)?
– We should have adequate and well-tested disaster recovery and business resumption plans for all major systems and have remote facilities to limit the effect of disruptive events. Do we comply?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Do you have a written business continuity/disaster recovery plan that includes procedures to be followed in the event of a disruptive computer incident?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does our business continuity and/or disaster recovery plan (bcp/drp) address the timely recovery of its it functions in the event of a disaster?
– Do our business continuity andor disaster recovery plan (bcp/drp) address the timely recovery of our it functions in the event of a disaster?
– Will Business Continuity Strategy have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– How will management prepare employees for a disaster, reduce the overall risks, and shorten the recovery window?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business Continuity Strategy project manager?
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– Which Business Continuity Strategy goals are the most important?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Has business continuity been considered for this eventuality?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
– Do you have any DR/business continuity plans in place?
– What do we really want from Service Management?
– Do you have a tested IT disaster recovery plan?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Mine Business continuity planning management and triple focus on important concepts of Business continuity planning relationship management.
– Think about the functions involved in your Business Continuity Strategy project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– What is our formula for success in Business Continuity Strategy ?
– Do we have past Business Continuity Strategy Successes?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Look at Change management issues and explore and align the progress in Change management.
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– What are some concrete ways to help executives understand the value of change management?
– Does the service providers Change Management process match the customers needs?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– What are common barriers to using Change Management in practice?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– How pro-active is the Organizational Change Management Plan?
– How can you measure Business Continuity Strategy in a systematic way?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– What is the Change Management process?
– Why do we need Change Management?
– When to start Change Management?
Contingency management Critical Criteria:
Design Contingency management decisions and innovate what needs to be done with Contingency management.
– What are our needs in relation to Business Continuity Strategy skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business Continuity Strategy activities?
– What are the short and long-term Business Continuity Strategy goals?
Data center automation Critical Criteria:
Judge Data center automation governance and get out your magnifying glass.
– How important is Business Continuity Strategy to the user organizations mission?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business Continuity Strategy?
– How do we go about Comparing Business Continuity Strategy approaches/solutions?
Data recovery Critical Criteria:
See the value of Data recovery strategies and assess what counts with Data recovery that we are not counting.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business Continuity Strategy process?
– How likely is the current Business Continuity Strategy plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What is the most competent data recovery service in the us?
Digital continuity Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Digital continuity outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Business Continuity Strategy opportunities costing us money?
– What is our Business Continuity Strategy Strategy?
Disaster recovery Critical Criteria:
Boost Disaster recovery visions and reduce Disaster recovery costs.
– Has your organization ever had to invoke its disaster recovery plan which included the CRM solution and if so was the recovery time objective met and how long did it take to return to your primary solution?
– What are the requirements for continuity of mail services, such as those specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– How do departmental (e.g. payroll, financials, student and medical) disaster recovery plans (drp) correlate with the overall erp?
– Collecting hazard history information can assist you in answering the question – how has the hazard impacted us in the past?
– Prepared for the potential extra demands that recovering your business will place on you, both personally and financially?
– Are the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and the business contingency plan (BCP) tested annually?
– Are there standard orders that you fulfill that you need to talk to specific clients about?
– To what extent are business owners involved in the bc management lifecycle?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Do you have a current balance sheet dated right before the disaster?
– Key customers and/or suppliers will be affected by the disaster?
– How often do you fully test your disaster recovery capabilities?
– How would satellite internet change disaster recovery in haiti?
– Does the building need to be secured against theft/ vandalism?
– What is the status of other businesses and their plans?
– What do regulations of funding sources allow/encourage?
– Developed your recovery objectives?
– Are you backing up off site?
– Can the item be replaced?
Disaster recovery plan Critical Criteria:
Look at Disaster recovery plan engagements and get the big picture.
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– Do we Assess the severity of damages and do we know when damages are enough to warrant activation of all or part of the disaster recovery plan?
– How do we determine if damages are enough to warrant activation of all or part of the disaster recovery plan?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– Do Payroll, financials, etc disaster recovery plans (drp) correlate with the overall erp?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What are we doing related to disaster recovery planning & programs?
– Have we ever invoked our disaster recovery plan?
– What are current Business Continuity Strategy Paradigms?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
– What does our Disaster Recovery Plan look like?
Firmware Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Firmware adoptions and create Firmware explanations for all managers.
– IoT-based offerings are no longer one-off product hardware sales. Instead, manufacturers will embark on new relationships with customers that last for the entire lifecycle of the hardware product. Through over-the-air (OTA) communications, firmware updates and feature enhancements can be delivered to IoT products for as long as they are installed. Given this shift, how should we price our IoT offerings?
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– Does the company have equipment dependent on remote upgrades to firmware or software, or have plans to implement such systems?
– Is maximizing Business Continuity Strategy protection the same as minimizing Business Continuity Strategy loss?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business Continuity Strategy forward?
– Why is Business Continuity Strategy important for you now?
High Availability Critical Criteria:
Nurse High Availability leadership and assess what counts with High Availability that we are not counting.
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– In a project to restructure Business Continuity Strategy outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Can we do Business Continuity Strategy without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
ISO 22301 Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re ISO 22301 engagements and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling ISO 22301 projects.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Business Continuity Strategy study?
– What is the purpose of Business Continuity Strategy in relation to the mission?
– Are there Business Continuity Strategy problems defined?
Information Technology Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Information Technology adoptions and secure Information Technology creativity.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business Continuity Strategy process?
– When a Business Continuity Strategy manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Mix Information security tactics and pay attention to the small things.
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Does this review include assessing opportunities for improvement, need for changes to the ISMS, review of information security policy & objectives?
– Is mgmt able to determine whether security activities delegated to people or implemented by information security are performing as expected?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– What information security and privacy standards or regulations apply to the cloud customers domain?
– Are information security policies reviewed at least once a year and updated as needed?
– Is there a consistent and effective approach applied to the mgmt of information security events?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– : Return of Information Security Investment, Are you spending enough?
– Does your company have an information security officer?
– Conform to the identified information security requirements?
Managed System Critical Criteria:
Study Managed System projects and create Managed System explanations for all managers.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business Continuity Strategy objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are internal and external Business Continuity Strategy relations?
Microcode Critical Criteria:
Participate in Microcode issues and shift your focus.
– To what extent does management recognize Business Continuity Strategy as a tool to increase the results?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business Continuity Strategy moving forward?
– How to deal with Business Continuity Strategy Changes?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Trace Quality management management and plan concise Quality management education.
– For your Business Continuity Strategy project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the usability implications of Business Continuity Strategy actions?
– How do we go about Securing Business Continuity Strategy?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Resilience Critical Criteria:
Apply Resilience visions and display thorough understanding of the Resilience process.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business Continuity Strategy project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What type and amount of resources does the system develop inherently and what does it attract from the close and distant environment to employ them consequently in the resilience process?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Business Continuity Strategy workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What programs/projects/departments/groups have some or all responsibility for business continuity/Risk Management/organizational resilience?
– How and how much do Resilience functions performed by a particular system impact own and others vulnerabilities?
– How and how much Resilience functions performed by a particular system impact own and others vulnerabilities?
– How will our organization address the key risk areas of security, resilience and data leakage?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within services?
– What is the nature and character of our Resilience functions?
– Why focus on Cybersecurity & resilience?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Consider Risk management decisions and gather Risk management models .
– How do you determine which systems, components and functions get priority in regard to implementation of new Cybersecurity measures?
– Do you have a process for looking at consequences of cyber incidents that informs your risk management process?
– Will we be inclusive enough yet not disruptive to ongoing business, for effective Cybersecurity practices?
– Do you have a consumer communication plan or a way of dealing with customer perceptions and expectations?
– Are recovery activities communicated to internal stakeholders and executive and management teams?
– Do we maintain standards and expectations for downtime during the upgrade and replacement cycle?
– Risk treatment: do we know what steps must be taken to mitigate the risks identified?
– Do you have an enterprise-wide risk management program that includes Cybersecurity?
– Which standards or practices have you used for your IT risk program framework?
– How do you determine the effectiveness of your strategies?
– Do you use contingency-driven consequence analysis?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– What risks should be avoided altogether?
– How do formal languages help with usability?
– What triggers a risk assessment?
– Why is Risk Management needed?
– What is your budget for this initiative?
Service level agreement Critical Criteria:
Analyze Service level agreement quality and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Service level agreement services.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business Continuity Strategy information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the most preferred dedicated or cloud hosting providers giving managed services in their core plans?
– Are the contracts with vendors current, and does it include and appropriate Service Level Agreements?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
– What are the hours of operation (regular business hours and after hours support)?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– What are the current Service Level Agreements for break/fix?
– When will regularly scheduled maintenance be performed?
– What Support/applications are included in this SLA?
– Are there Data Dependencies or Consistency Groups?
– What does off-site mean in your organization?
– What PMO services are included in this SLA?
– What is the retention period of the data?
– How many copies must be off-line?
– What services are NOT included?
– What is it going to take?
– Who prepares the SLA?
Subnetwork Critical Criteria:
Shape Subnetwork visions and reduce Subnetwork costs.
– Does Business Continuity Strategy analysis show the relationships among important Business Continuity Strategy factors?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business Continuity Strategy effort?
– How will you measure your Business Continuity Strategy effectiveness?
Volume Group Critical Criteria:
Guard Volume Group leadership and grade techniques for implementing Volume Group controls.
– Do Business Continuity Strategy rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we maintain Business Continuity Strategys Integrity?
Workload Management Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Workload Management leadership and arbitrate Workload Management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business Continuity Strategy project?
– What are our Business Continuity Strategy Processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Continuity Strategy Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business continuity External links:
Fusion Risk Management – Business Continuity Software
Business Continuity Software | Virtual Corporation
Change management External links:
Nick Tasler | Change Management Speaker & Thought …
MDT Software | Automation Change Management
UNLEASHING INNOVATION IN CHANGE MANAGEMENT …
Contingency management External links:
Contingency Management and Pharmacotherapy for …
Download and Read Contingency Management …
[PPT]Contingency Management – Indiana University of …
Data center automation External links:
Say Yes to Data Center Automation – Converge.XYZ
Data Center Automation – Cisco
Data Center Automation | Mumbai | Sunrise Consulting
Data recovery External links:
Data Recovery | Outsource Data Recovery
Speak to a Data Recovery Expert | Carbonite
RecoveryAndroid: Expert at Data Recovery and Transfer …
Disaster recovery External links:
Cloud Migration and Disaster Recovery
EnsureDR for Disaster Recovery
SCDRO – South Carolina Disaster Recovery Office
Disaster recovery plan External links:
[PDF]Disaster Recovery Plan – coworkforce.com
12-5 Disaster Recovery Plan Requirements – USPS
Firmware External links:
ROG ZENITH EXTREME BIOS & FIRMWARE| Motherboards | ASUS USA
Audi Updates sat nav maps dvd sd card 2017 firmware activation
Firmware Flash File Tool – Official Site
High Availability External links:
LINETS – Servers, high availability and infrastructure support
High Availability Inc.
ISO 22301 External links:
ISO 22301 Business Continuity Standard in Plain English
[PDF]ISO 22301 2012 Translated into Plain English – …
Information Technology External links:
Information Technology Security Consultants | TrustedSec
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
New York State Office of Information Technology Services
Information security External links:
Information Security Management Company | …
Home | Information Security Office
Title & Settlement Information Security
Microcode External links:
June 2015 Intel CPU microcode update for Windows
linux – What is Intel microcode? – Stack Overflow
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
ASI DATAMYTE – The Global Leaders in Quality Management
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
Resilience External links:
Hurricane Katrina Study | Resilience in Survivors of Katrina
Devereux Center for Resilient Children | Promoting Resilience
Resilience Trumps Aces – Children’s Resilience Initiative
Risk management External links:
“Billions” Risk Management (TV Episode 2017) – IMDb
Risk Management Agency – Official Site
Service level agreement External links:
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Educationand E & O
[PDF]Standard Service Level Agreement Form
Subnetwork External links:
What is subnetwork? – Definition from WhatIs.com
YouTube Subnetwork Program • Miquos Network
Volume Group External links:
The Volume Group – Home | Facebook
Workload Management External links:
[PDF]Chapter 14: Workload Management
[PDF]Caseload and Workload Management – Child Welfare
[PDF]Part 407 Workload Management Process …