What is involved in Architecting the Cloud
Find out what the related areas are that Architecting the Cloud connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Architecting the Cloud thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Architecting the Cloud journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Architecting the Cloud leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Architecting the Cloud related domains to cover and 68 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Architecting the Cloud, Cloud computing architecture, Cloud collaboration, Cloud computing, Cloud computing comparison, Cloud database, Cloud storage, Data as a service, Intercloud, International Standard Book Number, Low latency, Multi-tenancy, Platform as a service, Software-as-a-service, Software as a service, Tablet computer:
Architecting the Cloud Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Architecting the Cloud engagements and correct Architecting the Cloud management by competencies.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Architecting the Cloud is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is there a Architecting the Cloud Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do we all define Architecting the Cloud in the same way?
Cloud computing architecture Critical Criteria:
Use past Cloud computing architecture results and learn.
– Is Architecting the Cloud Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the short and long-term Architecting the Cloud goals?
Cloud collaboration Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Cloud collaboration adoptions and correct Cloud collaboration management by competencies.
– Do we monitor the Architecting the Cloud decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Will Architecting the Cloud deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Architecting the Cloud Management?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Cloud computing projects and oversee implementation of Cloud computing.
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– Which cloud computing characteristic enables consumers to get computing resources without any human intervention?
– Have you considered that incident detection and response can be more complicated in a cloud-based environment?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further enable saas adoption?
– What does it take to become a cloud computing provider, and why would a company consider becoming one?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– What are some cost cutting strategies for controlling cloud computing costs?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– What are the benefits of cloud computing to consumers?
– Which is better for business open or closed clouds?
– Is the market ready yet for P2P cloud computing?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Why is cloud computing important?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
Cloud computing comparison Critical Criteria:
Analyze Cloud computing comparison issues and develop and take control of the Cloud computing comparison initiative.
– In a project to restructure Architecting the Cloud outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Can we do Architecting the Cloud without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How do we go about Securing Architecting the Cloud?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Cloud database leadership and grade techniques for implementing Cloud database controls.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Architecting the Cloud is underway?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Architecting the Cloud process?
– Who sets the Architecting the Cloud standards?
Cloud storage Critical Criteria:
Scan Cloud storage management and work towards be a leading Cloud storage expert.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Architecting the Cloud in a volatile global economy?
– For cloud storage, are all data encrypted in storage and does the cloud vendor have an agreement with hopkins to preserve security and confidentiality?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Architecting the Cloud objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does cloud storage get affected during a natural disaster how can we ensure a secure disaster recovery for that?
– What are some good choices for HIPAA compliant cloud storage?
– What are the ramifications of cloud storage?
Data as a service Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Data as a service engagements and define Data as a service competency-based leadership.
– In the case of a Architecting the Cloud project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Architecting the Cloud project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Architecting the Cloud project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Architecting the Cloud analysis show the relationships among important Architecting the Cloud factors?
Intercloud Critical Criteria:
Own Intercloud risks and secure Intercloud creativity.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Architecting the Cloud project?
– How do we Identify specific Architecting the Cloud investment and emerging trends?
– Are accountability and ownership for Architecting the Cloud clearly defined?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over International Standard Book Number risks and find out what it really means.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Architecting the Cloud project manager?
Low latency Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Low latency engagements and customize techniques for implementing Low latency controls.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Architecting the Cloud objectives?
– What is the purpose of Architecting the Cloud in relation to the mission?
– Have all basic functions of Architecting the Cloud been defined?
Multi-tenancy Critical Criteria:
Add value to Multi-tenancy tasks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Multi-tenancy.
– How will you know that the Architecting the Cloud project has been successful?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Architecting the Cloud activities?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Platform as a service tasks and plan concise Platform as a service education.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Architecting the Cloud leader?
– Who will provide the final approval of Architecting the Cloud deliverables?
– What are our Architecting the Cloud Processes?
Software-as-a-service Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Software-as-a-service tasks and create a map for yourself.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Architecting the Cloud project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Architecting the Cloud goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Would you consider any non software-as-a-service options?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Map Software as a service failures and get the big picture.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Architecting the Cloud into the services that we provide?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– How can skill-level changes improve Architecting the Cloud?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Tablet computer adoptions and finalize specific methods for Tablet computer acceptance.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Architecting the Cloud process?
– Are there recognized Architecting the Cloud problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Architecting the Cloud Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cloud computing architecture External links:
Securing a Cloud Computing Architecture – YouTube
Cloud collaboration External links:
BeSafe | Encrypted Cloud Collaboration
Mercury Consulting – Cloud Collaboration DevOps ERP …
delaPORTAL – Cloud Collaboration Secure Cloud …
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Cloud computing comparison External links:
Cloud Computing Comparison | Matrixforce Orbit
Cloud database External links:
SQL Cloud Database Product | NuoDB
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
Cloud Database Platform | Compose
Cloud storage External links:
Cloud Storage – Online Data Storage | Google Cloud Platform
odrive – Sync all cloud storage in one place
ADrive | Online Storage, Online Backup, Cloud Storage
Data as a service External links:
M-DaaS: Master Data as a Service Solution – D&B
Intercloud External links:
ICLD – InterCloud Systems Inc Stock quote – CNNMoney…
International Standard Book Number External links:
ISBN: International Standard Book Number for Self …
Low latency External links:
About Lightspeed | Ultra Low Latency Direct Market Access
Low Latency Communications: Hosted PBX, Business …
Low Latency Cloud Networking Solutions – Arista
Multi-tenancy External links:
Multi-Tenancy in MapR Overview – Demo | MapR
Multi-Tenancy Database Solution | NuoDB
Our Technology | Software Multi-Tenancy
Platform as a service External links:
VPaaS – Video Platform as a Service | Kaltura
Business Messaging Platform as a Service – Skycore
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Tablet computer External links:
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
Yuma 2 rugged tablet computer – Trimble
ET50 Tablet Computer Support & Downloads | Zebra