What is involved in Stakeholder analysis
Find out what the related areas are that Stakeholder analysis connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Stakeholder analysis thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Stakeholder analysis journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Stakeholder analysis leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Stakeholder analysis related domains to cover and 94 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Stakeholder analysis, Business administration, Conflict resolution, Crowdsourcing, Participation, Policy, Project, Project management, Public consultation, Responsibility assignment matrix, Stakeholder management, Stakeholder theory:
Stakeholder analysis Critical Criteria:
Infer Stakeholder analysis strategies and get answers.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Stakeholder analysis information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Stakeholder analysis process?
– Do you have Human Resources available to support your policies?
– Which Stakeholder analysis goals are the most important?
Business administration Critical Criteria:
Look at Business administration outcomes and oversee implementation of Business administration.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Stakeholder analysis does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Stakeholder analysis values?
– What are internal and external Stakeholder analysis relations?
Conflict resolution Critical Criteria:
Systematize Conflict resolution tasks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Stakeholder analysis product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How likely is the current Stakeholder analysis plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do the Stakeholder analysis decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Crowdsourcing Critical Criteria:
Deduce Crowdsourcing leadership and report on developing an effective Crowdsourcing strategy.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Stakeholder analysis processes of our organization?
– To what extent does management recognize Stakeholder analysis as a tool to increase the results?
Participation Critical Criteria:
Grasp Participation tasks and look in other fields.
– The communication objectives need to be tailored to each stakeholder group, depending on their level of influence, power, and support. Is the message intended to persuade, inform, educate, create participation, influence, change perceptions, influence behavior, engage, garner support, address concerns, or establish ambassadors to support the change?
– Client participation is one of the best indicators of program quality. if participation is low or declining, it may be an indicator of customer dissatisfaction with one or more aspects of the program. what client involvement is there with the current program?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Stakeholder analysis agendas for the next 3 years?
– Are accountability and ownership for Stakeholder analysis clearly defined?
– Which sdlc results in the highest degree of user participation?
– How do we encourage consumer participation on web sites?
Policy Critical Criteria:
Categorize Policy projects and improve Policy service perception.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– If the liability portion of a Cybersecurity insurance policy is a claims-made policy, is an extended reporting endorsement (tail coverage) offered?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– What is your insurance agent telling you about your policy and what will be covered and what wont be covered?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– What is the network logging and retention policy?
– Is the Cybersecurity policy reviewed or audited?
– Challengers, collaborations or mandated policy?
Project Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Project governance and get answers.
– Have the it security cost for the any investment/project been integrated in to the overall cost including (c&a/re-accreditation, system security plan, risk assessment, privacy impact assessment, configuration/patch management, security control testing and evaluation, and contingency planning/testing)?
– Are the data and associated software produced and/or used in the project discoverable (and readily located), identifiable by means of a standard identification mechanism (e.g. digital object identifier)?
– How can a structural positioning diagram, using complexity and divergence, help frame the issues in our sales and service redesign project?
– While you can hire consultants to help alleviate the resource crunch for the project, who gets to run them after the consultants leave?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– If the firm invests by choosing projects with the shortest payback period, which project would it invest in?
– Is there an unplanned business event or project that has occurred and is potential impacting the workload ?
– What did you accomplish yesterday, what will you do today, and what impediments are getting in your way?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Should the firm include the cost of the land in estimating the cash flows of the project?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– How easy will it be to shift the hearts and minds of the people working on projects?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– When is Change Management used on a project?
– What sources of information are reliable?
– How can we tell when PC is needed?
– Who would sign off on the charter?
– Will the Tools Perform Well?
– Is the project worth doing?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Project management risks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Project management projects.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– Originally, agile project management required collocated teams. How could a new product or service be developed in the 21st century without them?
– To what extent are agile and traditional project management techniques mutually exclusive?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Why are project management models not used in maintenance?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– What type of certificate will be awarded and by whom?
– Can scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– What about when our context is not so simple?
– Are the pms ready to execute agile projects?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– How much project management is needed?
– When does a project begin and end?
– What is agile anyways?
Public consultation Critical Criteria:
Chart Public consultation engagements and plan concise Public consultation education.
– How can you negotiate Stakeholder analysis successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Stakeholder analysis that make it risky?
– How do we know that any Stakeholder analysis analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Responsibility assignment matrix Critical Criteria:
Consider Responsibility assignment matrix results and customize techniques for implementing Responsibility assignment matrix controls.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Stakeholder analysis strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Stakeholder analysis project?
– Are there any drawbacks to using a responsibility assignment matrix?
– How to deal with Stakeholder analysis Changes?
Stakeholder management Critical Criteria:
Drive Stakeholder management projects and gather practices for scaling Stakeholder management.
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Among the Stakeholder analysis product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Is a Stakeholder analysis Team Work effort in place?
– Are there Stakeholder analysis problems defined?
Stakeholder theory Critical Criteria:
Shape Stakeholder theory outcomes and arbitrate Stakeholder theory techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Stakeholder analysis workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Stakeholder analysis services/products?
– Who needs to know about Stakeholder analysis ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Stakeholder analysis Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Stakeholder analysis External links:
Stakeholder Analysis Video: Stakeholder Management …
Service Acquisition Mall – Stakeholder Analysis
Business administration External links:
Small Business Administration
Login – Small Business Administration
Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans – U.S. Bank
Conflict resolution External links:
[PDF]Conflict Resolution Skills – Edmonds Community …
CONCUR, Inc. – Environmental Conflict Resolution
Conflict resolution – ScienceDaily
Crowdsourcing External links:
Federal Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science Toolkit
Introduction: Crowdsourcing, the Gig-Economy and the …
Participation External links:
WIC Financial Participation
Mosley Street Melodrama, Audience Participation …
TSP: Plan Participation
Policy External links:
What Is a Title Insurance Policy? – The Balance
What Is Home Title Insurance – Policy Costs, Coverage & …
Project External links:
The Noun Project – Official Site
Project management External links:
Pepper Construction Project Management Solution
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Public consultation External links:
Public Consultation and Engagement – Get 20+ New …
Responsibility assignment matrix External links:
[PDF]The Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
Responsibility Assignment Matrix templates for …
[DOC]Responsibility Assignment Matrix Template – …
Stakeholder management External links:
Stakeholder Analysis Video: Stakeholder Management …
Stakeholder Management Software | Enablon
HOME – Stakeholder Management
Stakeholder theory External links:
politicalframes – Stakeholder Theory
Stakeholder theory. (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]