To implement a metadata strategy for an organization is to decide on the tools to use. Managing and implementing metadata standards for an organization’s computer software have a wide ranged.
Various software packages are specially designed for metadata management.
Some of these metadata software used in government information systems (GIS) are:
1. Arc Catalog – is an application that organizes and manages all GIS information such as maps, globes, data sets, models, metadata, and services.
2. Arc View – is full-featured GIS software designed for visualizing, managing, creating, and analyzing geographic data. The software lets you understand the geographic context of your data, allowing you to see relationships and identify patterns in new ways.
3. MP – compiles formal metadata. It checks the structure of a metadata record against the FGDC standard, indicating discrepancies and re-expresses the several useful alternative formats of the metadata.
4. CNS – is a pre-parser for formal metadata. A tool used in case a text metadata record appears to have correct element names but the format that cannot be parsed by mp.
5. XTME – edits formal metadata.
6. Tkme – is another software tool that edits formal metadata. It uses a versatile editing tool based on the Td/Tk toolkit.
7. Mq- a software interface used to implement sophisticated editing operations on large, diverse collections of metadata records, which are stored as separate files.
8. DBFmeta – a tool that helps to document DBF files. It creates detailed description, which can be pasted in metadata record using Tkme. It can detect spelling errors or other consistency problems in the data file
9. Err2html – makes easier to read mp’s error message. The tool re-expresses the error listing as generated by mp thus reducing duplication, show most severe messages first, and show hypertext links for element names.
This ITIL report evaluates technologies and applications in terms of their business impact, adoption rate and maturity level to help users decide where and when to invest. The Predictive Analytics Scores below – ordered Read more…