Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical GSM services Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any GSM services related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated GSM services specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the GSM services Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which GSM services improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- How much does GSM services help?
- What are you trying to prove to yourself, and how might it be hijacking your life and business success?
- What charts has the team used to display the components of variation in the process?
- Was a data collection plan established?
- Has the GSM services work been fairly and/or equitably divided and delegated among team members who are qualified and capable to perform the work? Has everyone contributed?
- Meeting the challenge: are missed GSM services opportunities costing us money?
- Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to GSM services?
- What new services of functionality will be implemented next with GSM services ?
- Who will be using the results of the measurement activities?
- What does your signature ensure?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the GSM services book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your GSM services self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the GSM services Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which GSM services areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough GSM services Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage GSM services projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step GSM services Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 GSM services project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Do GSM services project managers participating in the GSM services project know the GSM services projects true status first hand?
- Contract Close-Out: How is the contracting office notified of the automatic contract close-out?
- Cost Baseline: What is the organization s history in doing similar tasks?
- Executing Process Group: Is the GSM services project performing better or worse than planned?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Workarounds are determined during which risk management process?
- Procurement Audit: When competitive dialogue was used, did the contracting authority provide sufficient justification for the use of this procedure and was the contract actually particularly complex?
- Cost Management Plan: Are changes in deliverable commitments agreed to by all affected groups & individuals?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Does a documented GSM services project organizational policy & plan (i.e. governance model) exist?
- Project or Phase Close-Out: What information is each stakeholder group interested in?
- Change Request: Are there requirements attributes that can discriminate between high and low reliability?
Step-by-step and complete GSM services Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 GSM services project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 GSM services project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 GSM services project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 GSM services project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 GSM services project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 GSM services project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any GSM services project with this in-depth GSM services Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose GSM services projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in GSM services and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make GSM services investments work better.
This GSM services All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.