As ITIL®ISTIC as I am, I continually relate ITIL® to my everyday life… in particular the way in which I, as a customer, deal with suppliers who provide services to me. Have you ever noticed that THEY seem to dictate how THEY provide their service to me… putting in so-called water-tight clauses which prevents me from ending THEIR contract.
So if I had my way….
- ALL Suppliers would be taking me to dinner…including Telstra
- All Suppliers must be on hold for at least 4.3min on the phone before talking to me (after having to listen to MY privacy statement – something which I think many of them keep forgetting… or have NO concept of!!!!!!)
- All Suppliers will accept MY terms and conditions (which I intend to write in size 4 font!!!!!)
- All Suppliers will have to put their complaint in writing addressed to ME, but not expect a reply
- All Suppliers will pay me penalties if they are even 1% below agreed service levels (are you listening Mr ISP??????)
- All Suppliers will be subject to SSIP (Supplier Service Improvement Plans)… Hang on…. With the number of supplier that I have currently who need it… that will be a full time job…)hmmm. At least threaten them with it….
- All Suppliers will pay me the privilege of changing from one supplier to them…. (are you listening Mr ISP?????)
- All Suppliers will attend to me WHEN I SAY, that is convenient to me…., and not within a 4 hour period
Ok – so maybe I have beef with my ISP because I am moving 2 streets away and they want to charge me $$$ and a week to swap from 1 phone number to another….
Till next time Cheers from the ITIL® Australia Team at The Art of Service