Last blog, I “vented” my frustrations toward our beloved suppliers. Today I thought I will cast my line in the great lakes of our users…(with love of course)
So if I had my way….
- Firstly – users will know how to use a computer…couldn’t resist that one
- Users would appreciate the hard work that Techies do, and leave bottles of beer at Christmas next to their pc’s….
- Users will understand basic pc language so you don’t have to listen to them tell you about the thingy in the whosit that has something broken….
- There will always be room under the workstation so we can easily access the desktop/ports, WITHOUT having to fight our way through a myriad of shoes/bags/or early birthday presents
- Users will appreciate that there MAY just be something more important than their small incident (like the entire network going down)
- Finally – users will ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS ring service desk for support…. And only for serious incident related issues, and NOT call their favourite IT support person….
Till next time Cheers from the ITIL® Australia Team at The Art of Service