Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Managed Service Provider Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Managed Service Provider related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Managed Service Provider specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Managed Service Provider Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 876 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Managed Service Provider improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 876 standard requirements:
- What are the critical success factors that need to be closely managed when transforming a business from an it consulting organization to an it managed service provider msp?
- Does the organization envision that all the users that elect to use the shared services will be consolidated to a consistent deployment using a single repository?
- How will you research and gain commitment from each stakeholder regarding its requirements to subscribe to the Shared Services environment?
- How does your solution support continuous process improvements which may include using surveys and/or evaluations?
- Does your solution include the ability to expand MSP services to include a broader range of IT solution services?
- Is your proposed implementation team comprised of different personnel than the ongoing account management team?
- If the go-live is delayed by one month, do your production fees still kick in on the originally scheduled date?
- What is a good managed service provider for aws or a provider that works across all the major cloud providers?
- What can we contribute to technical problem resolution if it is not maintaining the required technical staff?
- Do you have experience supporting legislative changes that require immediate adjustments to the program?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Managed Service Provider book in PDF containing 876 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Managed Service Provider self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Managed Service Provider Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Managed Service Provider areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Managed Service Provider Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Managed Service Provider projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Managed Service Provider Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Managed Service Provider project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Has an organization readiness assessment been conducted?
- Lessons Learned: Is the lesson based on actual Managed Service Provider project experience rather than on independent research?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Does the Business Case include how the Managed Service Provider project aligns with the organizations strategic goals & objectives?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: What is the primary function of the Activity Decomposition Decision Tree?
- Team Performance Assessment: To what degree does the teams work approach provide opportunity for members to engage in open interaction?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Do the requirements require the creation of new algorithms?
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group: What input will you be required to provide the Managed Service Provider project team?
- Planning Process Group: Is the duration of the programme sufficient to ensure a cycle that will Managed Service Provider project the sustainability of the interventions?
- Variance Analysis: What types of services and expense are shared between business segments?
- Source Selection Criteria: Does the evaluation of any change include an impact analysis; how will the change affect the scope, time, cost, and quality of the goods or services being provided?
Step-by-step and complete Managed Service Provider Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Managed Service Provider project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Managed Service Provider project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Managed Service Provider project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Managed Service Provider project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Managed Service Provider project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Managed Service Provider project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Managed Service Provider project with this in-depth Managed Service Provider Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Managed Service Provider projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Managed Service Provider and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Managed Service Provider investments work better.
This Managed Service Provider All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.