Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical OpenStack Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any OpenStack related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated OpenStack specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the OpenStack Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 625 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which OpenStack improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 625 standard requirements:
- Is there any existing OpenStack governance structure?
- What happens when a new employee joins the organization?
- Are there any constraints (technical, political, cultural, or otherwise) that would inhibit certain solutions?
- Are task requirements clearly defined?
- Who uses our product in ways we never expected?
- How do we focus on what is right -not who is right?
- Can OpenStack be learned?
- How do we go about Securing OpenStack?
- Is there regularly 100% attendance at the team meetings? If not, have appointed substitutes attended to preserve cross-functionality and full representation?
- How can you measure OpenStack in a systematic way?
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the OpenStack book in PDF containing 625 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your OpenStack self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the OpenStack Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which OpenStack areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough OpenStack Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage OpenStack projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step OpenStack Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 OpenStack project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Lessons Learned: Who managed most of the communication within the OpenStack project?
- Procurement Management Plan: Does the schedule include OpenStack project management time and change request analysis time?
- Risk Audit: Do you meet the legislative requirements (for example PAYG, super contributions) for paid employees?
- Quality Audit: How does the organization know that its promotions system is appropriately effective, constructive and fair?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Have you eliminated all duplicative tasks or manual efforts, where appropriate?
- Initiating Process Group: Are you properly tracking the progress of the OpenStack project and communicating the status to stakeholders?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Have adequate resources been provided by management to ensure OpenStack project success?
- Variance Analysis: What is the performance to date and material commitment?
- Procurement Audit: When negotiation took place in successive stages, was this practice stated in the procurement documents and was it done in accordance with the award criteria stated?
- Activity List: Is there anything planned that doesn t need to be here?
Step-by-step and complete OpenStack Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 OpenStack project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 OpenStack project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 OpenStack project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 OpenStack project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 OpenStack project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 OpenStack project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any OpenStack project with this in-depth OpenStack Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose OpenStack projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in OpenStack and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make OpenStack investments work better.
This OpenStack All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person: