Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical pfSense Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any pfSense related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated pfSense specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the pfSense Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 952 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which pfSense improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 952 standard requirements:
- IDS/IPS traffic pattern analysis can often detect or block attacks such as a denial-of-service attack or a network scan. However, in some cases this is legitimate traffic (such as using cloud infrastructure for load testing or security testing). Does the cloud provider have a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that the IDS/IPS flags as an attack pattern?
- do we Make sure to ask about our vendor’s customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that you’re dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
- There are two philosophical approaches to implementing Cybersecurity on an intelligent, networked grid: create a checklist of actions to take that address known security problems or prioritize actions based on continually refreshing the answer to the question, “What makes my system more secure? Which approach do wo take?
- If employees, administrators, or third parties access the network remotely, is remote access software (such as pcanywhere, dial-in, or vpn) configured with a unique username and password and with encryption and other security features turned on?
- In the old days, access control was based on a relatively simple question: Is this person entitled to access the corporate network and the applications on it, how do we ensure this is not the way we think about access these days?
- If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
- Are you aware of anyone attempting to gain information in person, by phone, mail, email, etc., regarding the configuration and/or cyber security posture of your website, network, software, or hardware?
- Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
- If we can no longer trust the network (organizational) perimeter to provide sufficient protection and are now reliant on host perimeter security, what is the trust model between hosts?
- Can people access the computing equipment used by your department or organizational unit through the internet, through dial-up access, or from network devices outside your department?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the pfSense book in PDF containing 952 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your pfSense self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the pfSense Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which pfSense areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough pfSense Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage pfSense projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step pfSense Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 pfSense project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Scope Management Plan: Knowing the health of the pfSense project – What is the status?
- Roles and Responsibilities: Once the responsibilities are defined for the pfSense project, have the deliverables, roles and responsibilities been clearly communicated to every participant?
- Milestone List: How difficult will it be to do specific activities on this pfSense project?
- Quality Audit: How does the organization know that its planning processes are appropriately effective and constructive?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: What actions can be taken to reduce or mitigate risk?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Are tools and techniques defined for gathering, integrating and distributing pfSense project outputs?
- Procurement Audit: Are there procedures governing how sales and use tax will be handled (ordering in state versus ordering out of state)?
- Risk Management Plan: Risks should be identified during which phase of pfSense project management life cycle?
- WBS Dictionary: Does the contractors system provide unit costs, equivalent unit or lot costs in terms of labor, material, other direct, and indirect costs?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Cwbs elements to be subcontracted, with identification of subcontractors?
Step-by-step and complete pfSense Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 pfSense project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 pfSense project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 pfSense project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 pfSense project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 pfSense project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 pfSense project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any pfSense project with this in-depth pfSense Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose pfSense projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in pfSense and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make pfSense investments work better.
This pfSense All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.