Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Product-service system Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Product-service system related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Product-service system specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Product-service system Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Product-service system improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- Is a solution implementation plan established, including schedule/work breakdown structure, resources, risk management plan, cost/budget, and control plan?
- Are possible solutions generated and tested?
- Is data collection planned and executed?
- Are customers identified and high impact areas defined?
- How will you know that the Product-service system project has been successful?
- What are internal and external Product-service system relations?
- Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Product-service system is underway?
- What is our theory of human motivation, and how does our compensation plan fit with that view?
- Are we changing as fast as the world around us?
- How would one define Product-service system leadership?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Product-service system book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Product-service system self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Product-service system Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Product-service system areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Product-service system Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Product-service system projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Product-service system Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Product-service system project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Are changes in deliverable commitments agreed to by all affected groups & individuals?
- Scope Management Plan: Is it standard practice to formally commit stakeholders to the Product-service system project via agreements?
- Requirements Documentation: How do you know when a Requirement is accurate enough?
- Executing Process Group: What are the key components of the Product-service system project communications plan?
- Quality Audit: How does the organization know that its range of activities are being reviewed as rigorously and constructively as they could be?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Is the Product-service system project performing better or worse than planned?
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group: What is the expected monetary value of the Product-service system project?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: Are the required specifications for products or services changing?
- Cost Management Plan: Progress measurement and control – How will the Product-service system project measure and control progress?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Are individual tasks of reasonable time effort (8–40 hours)?
Step-by-step and complete Product-service system Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Product-service system project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Product-service system project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Product-service system project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Product-service system project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Product-service system project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Product-service system project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Product-service system project with this in-depth Product-service system Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Product-service system projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Product-service system and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Product-service system investments work better.
This Product-service system All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.