Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Public service motivation Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Public service motivation related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Public service motivation specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Public service motivation Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 681 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Public service motivation improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 681 standard requirements:
- Are we Assessing Public service motivation and Risk?
- What are the short and long-term Public service motivation goals?
- How do you improve your likelihood of success ?
- Was a cause-and-effect diagram used to explore the different types of causes (or sources of variation)?
- What are the costs of reform?
- How do you assess your Public service motivation workforce capability and capacity needs, including skills, competencies, and staffing levels?
- How do you use Public service motivation data and information to support organizational decision making and innovation?
- What trophy do we want on our mantle?
- What customer feedback methods were used to solicit their input?
- What have we done to protect our business from competitive encroachment?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Public service motivation book in PDF containing 681 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Public service motivation self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Public service motivation Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Public service motivation areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Public service motivation Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Public service motivation projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Public service motivation Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Public service motivation project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Risk Register: Risk Categories: What are the main categories of risks that should be addressed on this Public service motivation project?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Are the schedule estimates reasonable given the Public service motivation project?
- Cost Management Plan: Have the reasons why the changes to the organizational systems and capabilities are required?
- Quality Management Plan: How does your organization maintain a safe and healthy work environment?
- Quality Audit: How does the organization know that its public relations and marketing systems are appropriately effective and constructive?
- Procurement Management Plan: Is PERT / Critical Path or equivalent methodology being used?
- Procurement Audit: Does an appropriately qualified official check the quality of performance against the contract terms?
- Procurement Management Plan: Have lessons learned been conducted after each Public service motivation project release?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Are all key components of a Quality Assurance Plan present?
- Network Diagram: Are the Gantt Chart and/or Network Diagram updated periodically and used to assess the overall Public service motivation project timetable?
Step-by-step and complete Public service motivation Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Public service motivation project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Public service motivation project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Public service motivation project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Public service motivation project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Public service motivation project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Public service motivation project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Public service motivation project with this in-depth Public service motivation Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Public service motivation projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Public service motivation and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Public service motivation investments work better.
This Public service motivation All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.