The MCITP Business Intelligence Developer is one of Microsoft’s professional certification programs that provides credentials to individuals who can perform design analysis solutions, data transformations, and reports.
Medium sized to large organization seeks the services of business intelligence developers to help them in designing and implementing multi-dimensional database models (logical and physical), data marts, data warehousing, data transforms, data analytics, and reporting solutions. It’s functions includes programming and customizing servers that use Multidimensional Expressions (MDX), customer transforms, and custom reporting solutions.
MCITP Business Intelligence Developer design and plan business intelligence (BI) solutions using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 tools. For someone who wishes to take the MCITP Business Intelligence Developer exam, the following are experiences that one should possess:
1. Experience working with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
2. At least one year of experience designing both relational and multidimensional database schemas
3. Experience designing and building cubes to support business requirements
4. One to two years of experience writing both relational and multidimensional queries
5. Experience in applying data mining algorithms to business problem domains
6. Experience designing and creating reports to support business requirements
7. Experience aggregating data into a data warehouse from multiple sources in a heterogeneous data environment
8. Experience in designing enterprise-level solutions for very large multidimensional databases
To earn the MICTP certification, you need to take and pass two exams: one Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) prerequisite exam and one Professional Series exam. The MCTS exam covers the area on Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence – Implementation and Maintenance
And the professional series covers the area on Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.