Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Servant × Service Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Servant × Service related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Servant × Service specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Servant × Service Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 696 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Servant × Service improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 696 standard requirements:
- Are improvement team members fully trained on Servant × Service?
- Are we changing as fast as the world around us?
- In a project to restructure Servant × Service outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
- Whom among your colleagues do you trust, and for what?
- What is your theory of human motivation, and how does your compensation plan fit with that view?
- Which customers can’t participate in our market because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
- Are task requirements clearly defined?
- What are the stakeholder objectives to be achieved with Servant × Service?
- What are the business goals Servant × Service is aiming to achieve?
- Why don’t our customers like us?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Servant × Service book in PDF containing 696 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Servant × Service self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Servant × Service Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Servant × Service areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Servant × Service Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Servant × Service projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Servant × Service Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Servant × Service project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Activity Duration Estimates: Will the new application be developed using existing hardware, software, and networks?
- Procurement Audit: Are rules in automatic disbursement programs adequate to prevent duplicate payment of invoices?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: How do risks change during the Servant × Service projects life cycle?
- Risk Register: People risk -Are people with appropriate skills available to help complete the Servant × Service project?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: What is the primary purpose of the human resource plan?
- Closing Process Group: What is the amount of funding and what Servant × Service project phases are funded?
- Project Management Plan: Are cost risk analysis methods applied to develop contingencies for the estimated total Servant × Service project costs?
- Project Scope Statement: Is an Issue Management Process documented and filed?
- Risk Audit: Do all coaches/instructors/leaders have appropriate and current accreditation?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What distinguishes one company from another in this area?
Step-by-step and complete Servant × Service Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Servant × Service project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Servant × Service project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Servant × Service project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Servant × Service project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Servant × Service project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Servant × Service project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Servant × Service project with this in-depth Servant × Service Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Servant × Service projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Servant × Service and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Servant × Service investments work better.
This Servant × Service All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.