The Service Strategy phase is concerned predominantly with the development of capabilities for Service Management, enabling these practices (along with the IT organization in general) to become a strategic asset of the organization. The guidance provided by the volume can be summarized as:
- Understanding the principles of Service Strategy.
- Developing Service Strategy within Service Management.
- Developing strategies for services and services for strategies.
- How strategy affects the Service Lifecycle.
- Strategies for organizational and cultural change.