Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical SMED Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any SMED related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated SMED specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the SMED Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 988 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which SMED improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 988 standard requirements:
- Think about management in a conventional mass production operation. First and foremost, the focus is on results, on hitting the numbers: Did you meet the schedule for this day or this week?
- Does the production operation unit possess safe production conditions that satisfy the relevant laws, the administrative regulations, and the standards set by the State or by the industry?
- If you cannot consistently define lean production, how can you differentiate it from other management concepts and verify its effectiveness to practicing managers?
- Are there production documents for each phase of production of each software unit, representing a scheduling commitment upon the part of the unit manager?
- Is the first prototype or pilot of each hardware unit assigned (in sufficient quantity) to production for a sufficient and continuing period of time?
- In a situation where the main source of uncertainty is due to timing of customer orders, which buffering strategy would be expected to perform best?
- What is the value of having visual signals for non-cyclical process tracking such as daily maintenance, preventive maintenance, cleaning, 5S, etc.?
- If the marginal cost of production is diminishing as more units of output are produced, what can you say about the marginal product of labor ?
- When the safety stock requirements of several warehouses are consolidated to a single location the total required stock is likely to increase?
- In a situation where the main source of uncertainty is due to quantity of demand, which buffering strategy would be expected to perform best?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the SMED book in PDF containing 988 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your SMED self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the SMED Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which SMED areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough SMED Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage SMED projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step SMED Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 SMED project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Team Member Performance Assessment: To what degree is there a sense that only the team can succeed?
- Procurement Management Plan: What is the last item a SMED project manager must do to finalize SMED project close-out?
- Activity Resource Requirements: How many signatures do you require on a check and does this match what is in your policy and procedures?
- Change Request: Customer Acceptance Plan How will the customer verify the change has been implemented successfully?
- Team Performance Assessment: To what degree are the skill areas critical to team performance present?
- Project Charter: Name and describe the elements that deal with providing the detail?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Are there any SMED projects similar to this one in existence?
- Procurement Audit: Are approvals needed if changes are made in the quantity or specification of the original purchase requisition?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Does the software interface with new or unproven hardware or unproven vendor products?
- Activity Duration Estimates: After changes are approved are SMED project documents updated and distributed?
Step-by-step and complete SMED Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 SMED project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 SMED project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 SMED project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 SMED project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 SMED project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 SMED project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any SMED project with this in-depth SMED Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose SMED projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in SMED and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make SMED investments work better.
This SMED All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.