Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Software configuration management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Software configuration management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Software configuration management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Software configuration management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 636 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Software configuration management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 636 standard requirements:
- Are all the anomalies reported during testing adequately resolved (or the appropriate waivers/deviations were obtained and known defects with workarounds are documented in the release notes)?
- Do you have duplicate named source code items with physically different sources that are related possibly to different customers or release levels?
- Will all project deliverables and software configuration management be changed only through the change control process?
- Does the development team have to fix defects on the production release and work in parallel toward a new release?
- Who assures that quality control processes have been followed before information is published to it?
- Are there different release levels in use for your source code, such as Cobol, C++, or .Net?
- Have approved corrective actions been implemented for all findings from previous Audits?
- Configuration Control: will this change create a necessity to constitute a new release?
- What does the term software configuration management mean in your organization?
- What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Software configuration management book in PDF containing 636 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Software configuration management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Software configuration management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Software configuration management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Software configuration management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Software configuration management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Software configuration management Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Software configuration management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Team Operating Agreement: Confidentiality: How will confidential information be handled?
- Procurement Audit: Does the strategy contain incentives to evaluate the performance of the procurement function/unit?
- Procurement Audit: Are goods generally ordered and received in time to be used in the programs for which they were ordered?
- Change Request: What mechanism is used to appraise others of changes that are made?
- Cost Management Plan: Are actuals compared against estimates to analyze and correct variances?
- Requirements Management Plan: Who will finally present the work or product(s) for acceptance?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Explain the four frames of organizations. How can they help Software configuration management project managers understand the organizational context for their Software configuration management projects?
- Procurement Management Plan: Has a Quality Assurance Plan been developed for the Software configuration management project?
- Schedule Management Plan: Have external dependencies been captured in the schedule?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Is there an on-going process in place to monitor Software configuration management project risks?
Step-by-step and complete Software configuration management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Software configuration management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Software configuration management project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Software configuration management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Software configuration management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Software configuration management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Software configuration management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Software configuration management project with this in-depth Software configuration management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Software configuration management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Software configuration management and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Software configuration management investments work better.
This Software configuration management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.