Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Strategic Services Unit Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Strategic Services Unit related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Strategic Services Unit specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Strategic Services Unit Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 706 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Strategic Services Unit improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 706 standard requirements:
- How would our PR, marketing, and social media change if we did not use outside agencies?
- Why improve in the first place?
- How do you keep key subject matter experts in the loop?
- Are there Strategic Services Unit Models?
- Is Strategic Services Unit Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
- Are we paying enough attention to the partners our company depends on to succeed?
- An organizationally feasible system request is one that considers the mission, goals and objectives of the organization. key questions are: is the solution request practical and will it solve a problem or take advantage of an opportunity to achieve company goals?
- What are the best opportunities for value improvement?
- What threat is Strategic Services Unit addressing?
- Has the Strategic Services Unit work been fairly and/or equitably divided and delegated among team members who are qualified and capable to perform the work? Has everyone contributed?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Strategic Services Unit book in PDF containing 706 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Strategic Services Unit self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Strategic Services Unit Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Strategic Services Unit areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Strategic Services Unit Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Strategic Services Unit projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Strategic Services Unit Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Strategic Services Unit project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Team Performance Assessment: To what degree will new and supplemental skills be introduced as the need is recognized?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: What innovations (if any) are developed to realize goals?
- Risk Register: Amongst the action plans and recommendations that you have to introduce are there some that could stop or delay the overall program?
- Variance Analysis: Is work progressively subdivided into detailed work packages as requirements are defined?
- Procurement Audit: Is there a practice that prohibits signing blank purchase orders?
- Lessons Learned: How effectively were issues resolved before escalation was necessary?
- Procurement Management Plan: Is there a set of procedures defining the scope, procedures, and deliverables defining quality control?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Does the detailed Strategic Services Unit project plan identify individual responsibilities for the next 4–6 weeks?
- Cost Baseline: Is the requested change request a result of changes in other Strategic Services Unit project(s)?
- Scope Management Plan: Have all involved Strategic Services Unit project stakeholders and work groups committed to the Strategic Services Unit project?
Step-by-step and complete Strategic Services Unit Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Strategic Services Unit project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Strategic Services Unit project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Strategic Services Unit project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Strategic Services Unit project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Strategic Services Unit project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Strategic Services Unit project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Strategic Services Unit project with this in-depth Strategic Services Unit Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Strategic Services Unit projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Strategic Services Unit and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Strategic Services Unit investments work better.
This Strategic Services Unit All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.