What is involved in Regulatory Compliance
Find out what the related areas are that Regulatory Compliance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Regulatory Compliance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Regulatory Compliance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Regulatory Compliance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Regulatory Compliance related domains to cover and 106 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Regulatory Compliance, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, Australian Securities and Investment Commission, Business Motivation Model, CAN-SPAM Act, Call Report, Care Quality Commission, Chief compliance officer, Compliance and ethics program, Data Protection Act 1998, Data retention, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Environment Agency, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Financial Conduct Authority, Financial Reporting Council, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance, Health Care Compliance Association, ISO/IEC 27002, ISO 19600, Information Commissioner’s Office, International Electrotechnical Commission, International Organization for Standardisation, Joint Commission, Keeping the Promise for a Strong Economy Act, Law enforcement agency, National Diet Library, Reputational risk, Right to be forgotten, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Sarbanes–Oxley Act, Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Small Business Administration, Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, Standards Australia, United States Congress, United States Sentencing Commission, United States of America:
Regulatory Compliance Critical Criteria:
Model after Regulatory Compliance engagements and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Regulatory Compliance is getting what it needs.
– Does Regulatory Compliance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Regulatory Compliance?
– In the case of public clouds, will the hosting service provider meet their regulatory compliance requirements?
– Regulatory compliance: Is the cloud vendor willing to undergo external audits and/or security certifications?
– What vendors make products that address the Regulatory Compliance needs?
– What are all of our Regulatory Compliance domains and what do they do?
– What is Regulatory Compliance ?
American Society of Mechanical Engineers Critical Criteria:
Differentiate American Society of Mechanical Engineers tasks and mentor American Society of Mechanical Engineers customer orientation.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Regulatory Compliance with what users do day-to-day?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Regulatory Compliance?
Australian Prudential Regulation Authority Critical Criteria:
Use past Australian Prudential Regulation Authority tasks and attract Australian Prudential Regulation Authority skills.
– How do we go about Comparing Regulatory Compliance approaches/solutions?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Regulatory Compliance Management?
Australian Securities and Investment Commission Critical Criteria:
Trace Australian Securities and Investment Commission visions and change contexts.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Regulatory Compliance opportunities costing us money?
– Is Regulatory Compliance Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we keep improving Regulatory Compliance?
Business Motivation Model Critical Criteria:
Debate over Business Motivation Model leadership and arbitrate Business Motivation Model techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Regulatory Compliance?
– Do we all define Regulatory Compliance in the same way?
CAN-SPAM Act Critical Criteria:
Administer CAN-SPAM Act governance and get going.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Regulatory Compliance leader?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Regulatory Compliance project?
Call Report Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Call Report outcomes and know what your objective is.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Regulatory Compliance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How will you measure your Regulatory Compliance effectiveness?
Care Quality Commission Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Care Quality Commission governance and display thorough understanding of the Care Quality Commission process.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Regulatory Compliance that make it risky?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Regulatory Compliance been identified and analyzed?
– What threat is Regulatory Compliance addressing?
Chief compliance officer Critical Criteria:
Adapt Chief compliance officer governance and ask questions.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Regulatory Compliance workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How can you negotiate Regulatory Compliance successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Regulatory Compliance activities?
Compliance and ethics program Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Compliance and ethics program goals and handle a jump-start course to Compliance and ethics program.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Regulatory Compliance processes of our organization?
– What are the barriers to increased Regulatory Compliance production?
Data Protection Act 1998 Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Data Protection Act 1998 planning and create a map for yourself.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Regulatory Compliance agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Regulatory Compliance activities?
– How do we Identify specific Regulatory Compliance investment and emerging trends?
Data retention Critical Criteria:
Study Data retention tasks and perfect Data retention conflict management.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Regulatory Compliance into the services that we provide?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Regulatory Compliance values?
Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Critical Criteria:
Depict Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act goals and budget for Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act challenges.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Regulatory Compliance models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does Regulatory Compliance analysis show the relationships among important Regulatory Compliance factors?
Environment Agency Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Environment Agency failures and display thorough understanding of the Environment Agency process.
– What are our needs in relation to Regulatory Compliance skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Are there Regulatory Compliance problems defined?
Fair Credit Reporting Act Critical Criteria:
Survey Fair Credit Reporting Act goals and forecast involvement of future Fair Credit Reporting Act projects in development.
– In the case of a Regulatory Compliance project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Regulatory Compliance project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Regulatory Compliance project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Regulatory Compliance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we Improve Regulatory Compliance service perception, and satisfaction?
Financial Conduct Authority Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Financial Conduct Authority visions and remodel and develop an effective Financial Conduct Authority strategy.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Regulatory Compliance project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Which Regulatory Compliance goals are the most important?
– How much does Regulatory Compliance help?
Financial Reporting Council Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Financial Reporting Council visions and shift your focus.
– Why is Regulatory Compliance important for you now?
– Who sets the Regulatory Compliance standards?
Freedom of Information Act 2000 Critical Criteria:
Apply Freedom of Information Act 2000 results and define Freedom of Information Act 2000 competency-based leadership.
– What are the disruptive Regulatory Compliance technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Regulatory Compliance is underway?
Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance Critical Criteria:
Pilot Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance projects.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Regulatory Compliance information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Regulatory Compliance project manager?
– Is Regulatory Compliance dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Health Care Compliance Association Critical Criteria:
Check Health Care Compliance Association goals and spearhead techniques for implementing Health Care Compliance Association.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Regulatory Compliance objectives?
– What are the long-term Regulatory Compliance goals?
– How do we Lead with Regulatory Compliance in Mind?
ISO/IEC 27002 Critical Criteria:
Nurse ISO/IEC 27002 outcomes and point out improvements in ISO/IEC 27002.
– Can we do Regulatory Compliance without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Do we have past Regulatory Compliance Successes?
ISO 19600 Critical Criteria:
Recall ISO 19600 risks and revise understanding of ISO 19600 architectures.
– Do we monitor the Regulatory Compliance decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Think of your Regulatory Compliance project. what are the main functions?
Information Commissioner’s Office Critical Criteria:
Shape Information Commissioner’s Office strategies and sort Information Commissioner’s Office activities.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Regulatory Compliance moving forward?
International Electrotechnical Commission Critical Criteria:
Accelerate International Electrotechnical Commission adoptions and devise International Electrotechnical Commission key steps.
– Is there a Regulatory Compliance Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– To what extent does management recognize Regulatory Compliance as a tool to increase the results?
International Organization for Standardisation Critical Criteria:
Probe International Organization for Standardisation adoptions and optimize International Organization for Standardisation leadership as a key to advancement.
Joint Commission Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Joint Commission issues and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Joint Commission information.
– How do we measure improved Regulatory Compliance service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why should we adopt a Regulatory Compliance framework?
Keeping the Promise for a Strong Economy Act Critical Criteria:
Look at Keeping the Promise for a Strong Economy Act governance and cater for concise Keeping the Promise for a Strong Economy Act education.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Regulatory Compliance strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Have all basic functions of Regulatory Compliance been defined?
Law enforcement agency Critical Criteria:
See the value of Law enforcement agency decisions and research ways can we become the Law enforcement agency company that would put us out of business.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Regulatory Compliance in a volatile global economy?
– What is the risk that your data will be delivered to a domestic or foreign law enforcement agency by the cloud service provider in response to a legally binding request?
– What is our formula for success in Regulatory Compliance ?
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re National Diet Library projects and track iterative National Diet Library results.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Regulatory Compliance processes?
– How to deal with Regulatory Compliance Changes?
Reputational risk Critical Criteria:
Reason over Reputational risk goals and find the ideas you already have.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Regulatory Compliance processes?
– How likely is the current Regulatory Compliance plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are current Regulatory Compliance Paradigms?
Right to be forgotten Critical Criteria:
Generalize Right to be forgotten visions and devote time assessing Right to be forgotten and its risk.
– Is the right to be forgotten absolute? If a customer orders goods; and I need his information to complete the order; do I have to delete that information upon request?
– How far into the backup and archive history do the right to be forgotten requirements apply?
– How do we manage Regulatory Compliance Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is there an (absolute) right to be forgotten under existing law?
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Sarbanes-Oxley Act issues and spearhead techniques for implementing Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Regulatory Compliance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Will Regulatory Compliance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Sarbanes–Oxley Act Critical Criteria:
Read up on Sarbanes–Oxley Act outcomes and innovate what needs to be done with Sarbanes–Oxley Act.
Scottish Environment Protection Agency Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Scottish Environment Protection Agency failures and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Scottish Environment Protection Agency results.
– What is our Regulatory Compliance Strategy?
– How to Secure Regulatory Compliance?
Small Business Administration Critical Criteria:
Probe Small Business Administration tactics and gather practices for scaling Small Business Administration.
– How can skill-level changes improve Regulatory Compliance?
– What about Regulatory Compliance Analysis of results?
Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics Critical Criteria:
Face Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics projects and acquire concise Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics education.
– What are the short and long-term Regulatory Compliance goals?
Standards Australia Critical Criteria:
Start Standards Australia issues and balance specific methods for improving Standards Australia results.
– What are the usability implications of Regulatory Compliance actions?
United States Congress Critical Criteria:
Probe United States Congress failures and maintain United States Congress for success.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Regulatory Compliance? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who will provide the final approval of Regulatory Compliance deliverables?
– How can you measure Regulatory Compliance in a systematic way?
United States Sentencing Commission Critical Criteria:
Group United States Sentencing Commission quality and look at the big picture.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Regulatory Compliance project?
– How do we go about Securing Regulatory Compliance?
United States of America Critical Criteria:
Give examples of United States of America tasks and budget for United States of America challenges.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Regulatory Compliance requirements in detail?
– How can the value of Regulatory Compliance be defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Regulatory Compliance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Regulatory Compliance External links:
Regulatory Compliance testing and certification
Brandywine Drumlabels – GHS Regulatory Compliance …
Anti-kickback & Stark Compliance — Regulatory Compliance
American Society of Mechanical Engineers External links:
American Society of Mechanical Engineers – UPRM – …
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) – Cal …
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers – C&S Tools
Australian Prudential Regulation Authority External links:
Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) – …
Business Motivation Model External links:
What is Business Motivation Model | IGI Global
BRG: Business Motivation Model – Business Rules Group
About the Business Motivation Model Specification …
CAN-SPAM Act External links:
S.877 – 108th Congress (2003-2004): CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
Call Report External links:
Call Report Manager
[PDF](718) 999-1998 or 1999 Ambulance Call Report/ …
Care Quality Commission External links:
News from the Care Quality Commission
Care Quality Commission – Home | Facebook
News from the Care Quality Commission: October 2016
Chief compliance officer External links:
Chief Compliance Officer Support – Consumer Banking
Tommy Sneed, Chief Compliance Officer – TN.Gov
Compliance and ethics program External links:
A Z Index of Job Titles – Compliance and Ethics Program
Data Protection Act 1998 External links:
Data Protection Act 1998 (Book, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Data retention External links:
Environment Agency External links:
State Environment Agency Issues New Fish …
Environment Agency – Official Site
Welcome — Flanders Environment Agency (VMM)
Fair Credit Reporting Act External links:
Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)/FACT Act
[PDF]Fair Credit Reporting Act
Fair Credit Reporting Act. | CENTURY 21
Financial Conduct Authority External links:
Financial Conduct Authority Intro & FX Firm Information
Financial Reporting Council External links:
frc.mu – Financial Reporting Council – Home
[PDF]Financial Reporting Council cycle report (May 2003)
[PDF]UPDATE ON FINANCIAL REPORTING COUNCIL’S …
Freedom of Information Act 2000 External links:
Freedom of Information Act 2000 – legislation
U.S. Copyright Office – Freedom of Information Act 2000
[PDF]Freedom of Information Act 2000
Health Care Compliance Association External links:
Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) – Home | Facebook
Health Care Compliance Association | HCCA’s Official Site
Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) (thehcca) …
ISO/IEC 27002 External links:
Iso/iec 27002 : 2013. (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
ISO/IEC 27002 is an information security standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), titled Information technology – Security techniques – Code of practice for information security management.
Information Commissioner’s Office External links:
Information Commissioner’s Office for Bermuda
International Electrotechnical Commission External links:
The Work of the International Electrotechnical Commission.
IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission – YouTube
Joint Commission External links:
Joint Commission Consultant|Accreditation Consultant
Joint Commission Resources Portal
Riveredge Hospital | Mental Health| Joint Commission …
Law enforcement agency External links:
Title 19-A, §4012: Law enforcement agency responsibilities
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Online Services
State of Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
National Diet Library External links:
National Diet Library law. (Book, 1961) [WorldCat.org]
Online Gallery | National Diet Library
Reputational risk External links:
Reputational Risk Definition | Investopedia
Chartis Launches ReputationGuard®, Reputational Risk …
Right to be forgotten External links:
Google and the Right to Be Forgotten | The New Yorker
EPIC – The Right to Be Forgotten (Google v. Spain)
Right to be forgotten | Technology | The Guardian
Sarbanes-Oxley Act External links:
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act – Northeast Record Retention
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Of 2002 – SOX – Investopedia
1-6 Sarbanes-Oxley Act Compliance – USPS
Scottish Environment Protection Agency External links:
Scottish Environment Protection Agency – YouTube
S4O-00218 Scottish Environment Protection Agency …
Small Business Administration External links:
Small Business Administration
Small Business Administration – Official Site
Login – Small Business Administration
Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics External links:
Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) – …
SOCIETY OF CORPORATE COMPLIANCE AND ETHICS & HEALTH …
Standards Australia External links:
Standards Australia Publications – SAI Global
United States Congress External links:
Darryl Glenn | United States Congress
United States Sentencing Commission External links:
July 11, 2017 | United States Sentencing Commission
United States Sentencing Commission [website] – HSDL
United States of America External links:
Cthulhu for President of the United States of America 2020
Norton Abrasives United States of America & Canada
Bayer United States of America