What is involved in Operations Support System
Find out what the related areas are that Operations Support System connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Operations Support System thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Operations Support System journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Operations Support System leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Operations Support System related domains to cover and 107 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Operations Support System, Access network, Business support system, Computer system, Configuration management, Customer service, DSL Forum, Data entry clerk, Digital Equipment Corporation, Fault management, Hardware Information Navigational Tool, ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector, International Organization for Standardization, Loop Maintenance Operations System, Network element, Remote Memory Administration System, Service Evaluation System, Service assurance, Service delivery platform, Service fulfillment, Simple Network Management Protocol, Software applications, Switching Control Center System, TM Forum, Telcordia Technologies, Telecommunications Management Network, Telecommunications service providers, Telephone company, Telephone exchange, Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System:
Operations Support System Critical Criteria:
Administer Operations Support System outcomes and get going.
– Do those selected for the Operations Support System team have a good general understanding of what Operations Support System is all about?
– Will Operations Support System deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Why should we adopt a Operations Support System framework?
Access network Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Access network decisions and find the essential reading for Access network researchers.
– Is there a Operations Support System Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do we monitor the Operations Support System decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is the scope of Operations Support System defined?
Business support system Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Business support system risks and figure out ways to motivate other Business support system users.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Operations Support System processes?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Operations Support System goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How can the value of Operations Support System be defined?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Computer system risks and grade techniques for implementing Computer system controls.
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Operations Support System into the services that we provide?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Operations Support System values?
– Is the Operations Support System organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Read up on Configuration management decisions and check on ways to get started with Configuration management.
– Are physical configuration assessments conducted to determine the degree of agreement between the current physical configuration and the configuration depicted in the facility documentation?
– Are structures, systems and components within the CM Program tested periodically to determine if they are still capable of meeting design requirements?
– What exactly are the required characteristics of a Configuration Management system for managing dynamic change?
– Have all mechanisms that can lead to temporary or permanent changes in the design requirements been identified?
– Intent: how do you keep the changes from getting out of hand and contain the potential for errors in the build?
– Have all mechanisms that can lead to temporary or permanent changes to facility configuration been identified?
– What is the most effective strategy to coordinate versions of vendor code with versions of product code?
– What do you do when you find a build error in some other code that is related to your changes?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– When can the building, testing and implementation of a change begin?
– Are periodic effectiveness assessment done on your CM Program?
– Are currently approved revisions of documents being used?
– How does cm get incorporated in the system life cycle?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Have databases been established for your CM Program?
– Was the technical review adequately performed?
– Who has a particular software version?
– Are all related scis properly updated?
– How many reported faults in version t?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Customer service goals and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Customer service is getting what it needs.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– The fine line in retaining a customer or developing a critic, often boils down to the right Customer Service strategy. how can we delight customers in every interaction?
– Some customers call Customer Service. some customers browse our web site. some customers never buy from us again. are we listening to what theyre saying?
– Think about service providers who have difficulty making small talk during interactions with customers. why do you think this happens?
– You and your department should track problems that are reported by your customers. if you never track problems, how can you improve?
– Why would potential clients outsource their business to us if they can perform the same level of Customer Service in house?
– What types of things or attributes are customers likely to consider as being part of your overall package?
– Which of any Customer Service issues would be most likely to influence you to switch brands or companies?
– What are acceptable techniques for directing a customer to the Customer Service department?
– So what does all this mean for the role of Customer Service within the organization?
– And to what extent do your suppliers and subcontractors affect your overall package?
– When you hear the words Customer Service what does it make you think of?
– CRM and Customer Service: Strategic Asset or Corporate Overhead?
– What is the percentage of calls transferred to you?
– What do we mean by the term Customer Service ?
– How Do You Know What customers Want and Need?
– Which open-ended questions do we use?
– How do I contact Customer Service?
– What is your best feature?
– Scripting: what is it?
DSL Forum Critical Criteria:
Rank DSL Forum quality and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Operations Support System?
Data entry clerk Critical Criteria:
Study Data entry clerk adoptions and plan concise Data entry clerk education.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Operations Support System information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Have you identified your Operations Support System key performance indicators?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Operations Support System Management?
Digital Equipment Corporation Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Digital Equipment Corporation issues and slay a dragon.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Operations Support System opportunities costing us money?
– Does Operations Support System appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Fault management Critical Criteria:
Canvass Fault management strategies and prioritize challenges of Fault management.
– Consider your own Operations Support System project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– what is the best design framework for Operations Support System organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Hardware Information Navigational Tool Critical Criteria:
Participate in Hardware Information Navigational Tool results and adopt an insight outlook.
– Is Operations Support System dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector Critical Criteria:
Discuss ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector tasks and pioneer acquisition of ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector systems.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Operations Support System requirements in detail?
– How do we Improve Operations Support System service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is a Operations Support System Team Work effort in place?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Consider International Organization for Standardization issues and adjust implementation of International Organization for Standardization.
– In what ways are Operations Support System vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Operations Support System move?
– How do we keep improving Operations Support System?
Loop Maintenance Operations System Critical Criteria:
Check Loop Maintenance Operations System failures and budget for Loop Maintenance Operations System challenges.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Operations Support System that make it risky?
– Are assumptions made in Operations Support System stated explicitly?
Network element Critical Criteria:
Nurse Network element engagements and remodel and develop an effective Network element strategy.
– How will you know that the Operations Support System project has been successful?
– Do we have past Operations Support System Successes?
Remote Memory Administration System Critical Criteria:
Dissect Remote Memory Administration System failures and forecast involvement of future Remote Memory Administration System projects in development.
– Does Operations Support System analysis show the relationships among important Operations Support System factors?
– Is Supporting Operations Support System documentation required?
– What are our Operations Support System Processes?
Service Evaluation System Critical Criteria:
Graph Service Evaluation System outcomes and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Service Evaluation System projects.
– What are all of our Operations Support System domains and what do they do?
– Does our organization need more Operations Support System education?
– How do we Lead with Operations Support System in Mind?
Service assurance Critical Criteria:
Own Service assurance results and sort Service assurance activities.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Operations Support System forward?
Service delivery platform Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Service delivery platform governance and display thorough understanding of the Service delivery platform process.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Operations Support System project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Operations Support System project lifecycle?
Service fulfillment Critical Criteria:
Talk about Service fulfillment strategies and define what our big hairy audacious Service fulfillment goal is.
– In the case of a Operations Support System project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Operations Support System project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Operations Support System project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Operations Support System strengthening and reform actually originate?
Simple Network Management Protocol Critical Criteria:
Devise Simple Network Management Protocol management and oversee implementation of Simple Network Management Protocol.
– What is our Operations Support System Strategy?
Software applications Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Software applications planning and optimize Software applications leadership as a key to advancement.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Operations Support System process?
– To what extent does management recognize Operations Support System as a tool to increase the results?
Switching Control Center System Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Switching Control Center System failures and ask what if.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Operations Support System with what users do day-to-day?
– What about Operations Support System Analysis of results?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with TM Forum projects and proactively manage TM Forum risks.
– What are specific Operations Support System Rules to follow?
Telcordia Technologies Critical Criteria:
Face Telcordia Technologies results and point out improvements in Telcordia Technologies.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Operations Support System leader?
– When a Operations Support System manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Telecommunications Management Network Critical Criteria:
Map Telecommunications Management Network outcomes and define what our big hairy audacious Telecommunications Management Network goal is.
– Do the Operations Support System decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are current Operations Support System Paradigms?
Telecommunications service providers Critical Criteria:
Nurse Telecommunications service providers adoptions and correct better engagement with Telecommunications service providers results.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Operations Support System ?
Telephone company Critical Criteria:
Add value to Telephone company governance and mentor Telephone company customer orientation.
– Does the Operations Support System task fit the clients priorities?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Reason over Telephone exchange risks and reduce Telephone exchange costs.
– How do we know that any Operations Support System analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the barriers to increased Operations Support System production?
– How can we improve Operations Support System?
Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System strategies and handle a jump-start course to Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System.
– How do we Identify specific Operations Support System investment and emerging trends?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Operations Support System Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Access network External links:
S.C.A.N. Home – Security Central Access Network
About Us – HAN | Welcome to Health Access Network
All Partners Access Network – Official Site
Business support system External links:
Business Support System(Xpro) – Authentication
Business Support System | Arizona Public Safety …
Retail Business Support System – Logon Failed
Computer system External links:
Englewood computer system under Ransomware virus …
Components of a Computer System – Programming …
TITAN M7 – COBAN’s Police in Car Computer System
Configuration management External links:
CMPIC – Configuration Management Training and …
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
Configuration Management | IpX
Customer service External links:
Entergy Online Customer Service Center
ODJFS | Child Support Customer Service Portal
Customer Service | Progressive
DSL Forum External links:
Verizon DSL forum | DSLReports, ISP Information
Earthlink DSL forum | DSLReports, ISP Information
Data entry clerk External links:
Learn What Data Entry Clerks Do – The Balance
Digital Equipment Corporation External links:
Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) | American …
Xd Ada Trademark – Digital Equipment Corporation – …
Digital Equipment Corporation – CHM Revolution
Fault management External links:
Network Fault Management & Monitoring | SolarWinds
Fault Management Log Files – Oracle Solaris …
Hardware Information Navigational Tool External links:
Hardware Information Navigational Tool – WOW.com
Définitions de hardware information navigational tool, synonymes, antonymes, dérivés de hardware information navigational tool…
Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge/ J3 …
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector External links:
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector
International Organization for Standardization External links:
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
ISO International Organization for Standardization
MDMC – International Organization for Standardization …
Remote Memory Administration System External links:
RMAS means Remote Memory Administration System – …
Service assurance External links:
Job Information: Service Assurance Agent Job – …
Wholesale Service Assurance Portal
Service delivery platform External links:
Service delivery platform – Hwang, Hans
Customer Service Delivery Platform – A Process-Driven …
Boomtown – B2B Service Delivery Platform for Enterprises
Service fulfillment External links:
Agency Service Fulfillment Enterprises, LLC
Simple Network Management Protocol External links:
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
Simple Network Management Protocol – IETF Datatracker
Software applications External links:
Airport Deicing Software Applications
CRMfusion Salesforce Data Quality Software Applications
BugSplat | Crash Reporting For Software Applications
Switching Control Center System External links:
Switching Control Center System – liquisearch.com
Switching Control Center System – How is Switching …
SCCS – Switching Control Center System in Computing & …
TM Forum External links:
Home | TM Forum IoE Infocus
TM Forum CurateFx powered by Tr3Dent
Home | TM Forum Digital Transformation ME
Telcordia Technologies External links:
Telcordia Technologies, Inc. – CACI
Telcordia Technologies, Inc – BuildZoom
Telecommunications Management Network External links:
Telecommunications Management Network | Arizona …
Telephone company External links:
Beggs Telephone Company, Inc.
Marne & Elk Horn Telephone Company
Telephone exchange External links:
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX