What is involved in Operations Support System
Find out what the related areas are that Operations Support System connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Operations Support System thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Operations Support System journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Operations Support System leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Operations Support System related domains to cover and 111 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Operations Support System, Access network, Business support system, Computer system, Configuration management, Customer service, DSL Forum, Data entry clerk, Digital Equipment Corporation, Fault management, Hardware Information Navigational Tool, ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector, International Organization for Standardization, Loop Maintenance Operations System, Network element, Remote Memory Administration System, Service Evaluation System, Service assurance, Service delivery platform, Service fulfillment, Simple Network Management Protocol, Software applications, Switching Control Center System, TM Forum, Telcordia Technologies, Telecommunications Management Network, Telecommunications service providers, Telephone company, Telephone exchange, Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System:
Operations Support System Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Operations Support System planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Think about the functions involved in your Operations Support System project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Operations Support System? There might be some that are less obvious?
Access network Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Access network planning and oversee Access network management by competencies.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Operations Support System?
– Have you identified your Operations Support System key performance indicators?
– Are there Operations Support System Models?
Business support system Critical Criteria:
Participate in Business support system issues and tour deciding if Business support system progress is made.
– How can you negotiate Operations Support System successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Are accountability and ownership for Operations Support System clearly defined?
– Does our organization need more Operations Support System education?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Analyze Computer system goals and summarize a clear Computer system focus.
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Operations Support System agendas for the next 3 years?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Operations Support System?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Use past Configuration management adoptions and work towards be a leading Configuration management expert.
– How do you keep the number of currently active codelines to a manageable set, and avoid growing the projects version tree too wide and too dense?
– Have all mechanisms that can lead to temporary or permanent changes to facility configuration been identified?
– Can we answer questions like: Is the right version of the compiler and other software tools specified?
– Are the scm procedures for noting the change, recording it, and reporting being followed?
– Is there a documented graded approach process to operational Configuration Management?
– Have the types of documents to be included in your CM Program been determined?
– When: when do you start to place an entity under configuration control?
– When: when do you start to place entities under configuration control?
– Is the correct versions of the compiler and other tools specified?
– In the provided test/analysis data, are all the requirements met?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– How is the current software configuration defined?
– Is there a Design Reconstitution program in place?
– What test mechanisms do we have in place?
– What: selection of cis should be managed?
– Are all related scis properly updated?
– How are people informed of changes?
– How much is the system evolving?
– How are baselines verified?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Investigate Customer service strategies and pioneer acquisition of Customer service systems.
– Do we Phrase questions simply and avoid the use of closed-ended questions that require a yes or no? do we Watch our customers nonverbal responses in order to gauge his or her reactions to our questions? Some cultures believe that questioning someone is intrusive and therefore avoid it. This is especially true if the questions involve personal information eg How is your family?
– For years, Customer Service departments have attempted to deploy right channeling strategies to optimize traditional Customer Service interactions (e.g. agent-assisted service vs. self-service). Today, however, right channeling is re-emerging, evolving, and re-asserting its importance as a strategy. Why?
– You and your department should track problems that are reported by your customers. if you never track problems, how can you improve?
– How might the key characteristics of your service change in the future if the customers and their expectations change?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Operations Support System delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are some things you can do as a Customer Service professional to project a positive image to the customer?
– Management: what qualities would a manager who is focused on outstanding Customer Service possess?
– How can recognition of the cultural value of importance of family be helpful in Customer Service?
– What specific aspects of our culture are impeding us in providing better Customer Service?
– What are the three most important things we need to focus on to improve Customer Service?
– How should each potential complication be resolved to maximum Customer Service?
– What are some innate qualities or characteristics that make people unique?
– What awards has Customer Service in our organization been presented?
– Do we respond appropriately to Customer Service complaints?
– Do we meet our Customer Service goals and timelines?
– What do we mean by the term Customer Service ?
– Is it a pleasure to do business with you?
– Do we offer Superior Customer Service?
– When Is Service Recovery Needed?
– Who is the customer to us?
DSL Forum Critical Criteria:
Investigate DSL Forum adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with DSL Forum.
– How can you measure Operations Support System in a systematic way?
Data entry clerk Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Data entry clerk risks and create Data entry clerk explanations for all managers.
– Among the Operations Support System product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does Operations Support System appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How to Secure Operations Support System?
Digital Equipment Corporation Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Digital Equipment Corporation visions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Operations Support System move?
– How can the value of Operations Support System be defined?
– What is Effective Operations Support System?
Fault management Critical Criteria:
Map Fault management quality and optimize Fault management leadership as a key to advancement.
– Does Operations Support System systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we measure improved Operations Support System service perception, and satisfaction?
Hardware Information Navigational Tool Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Hardware Information Navigational Tool leadership and point out improvements in Hardware Information Navigational Tool.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Operations Support System models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do the Operations Support System decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are our Operations Support System Processes?
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector Critical Criteria:
Adapt ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector goals and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do we Lead with Operations Support System in Mind?
– How can we improve Operations Support System?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Design International Organization for Standardization visions and revise understanding of International Organization for Standardization architectures.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Operations Support System processes?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Operations Support System processes?
– Why are Operations Support System skills important?
Loop Maintenance Operations System Critical Criteria:
Devise Loop Maintenance Operations System failures and optimize Loop Maintenance Operations System leadership as a key to advancement.
– Are there recognized Operations Support System problems?
– How much does Operations Support System help?
Network element Critical Criteria:
Adapt Network element quality and summarize a clear Network element focus.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Operations Support System services/products?
Remote Memory Administration System Critical Criteria:
Shape Remote Memory Administration System failures and look for lots of ideas.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Operations Support System ?
Service Evaluation System Critical Criteria:
Understand Service Evaluation System risks and oversee Service Evaluation System requirements.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Operations Support System into the services that we provide?
– Is maximizing Operations Support System protection the same as minimizing Operations Support System loss?
Service assurance Critical Criteria:
Administer Service assurance goals and do something to it.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
Service delivery platform Critical Criteria:
Dissect Service delivery platform tactics and catalog what business benefits will Service delivery platform goals deliver if achieved.
– What about Operations Support System Analysis of results?
Service fulfillment Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Service fulfillment visions and raise human resource and employment practices for Service fulfillment.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Operations Support System with what users do day-to-day?
– Why is Operations Support System important for you now?
Simple Network Management Protocol Critical Criteria:
Design Simple Network Management Protocol outcomes and handle a jump-start course to Simple Network Management Protocol.
– In what ways are Operations Support System vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is Operations Support System Required?
Software applications Critical Criteria:
Design Software applications planning and oversee Software applications management by competencies.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Operations Support System?
Switching Control Center System Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Switching Control Center System risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Switching Control Center System decisions.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Operations Support System project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Operations Support System project lifecycle?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Operations Support System effort?
– Is Supporting Operations Support System documentation required?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on TM Forum governance and revise understanding of TM Forum architectures.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Operations Support System?
– How will you measure your Operations Support System effectiveness?
Telcordia Technologies Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Telcordia Technologies tasks and research ways can we become the Telcordia Technologies company that would put us out of business.
– In the case of a Operations Support System project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Operations Support System project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Operations Support System project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Operations Support System create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is Operations Support System Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Telecommunications Management Network Critical Criteria:
Add value to Telecommunications Management Network strategies and secure Telecommunications Management Network creativity.
– Which customers cant participate in our Operations Support System domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Operations Support System forward?
Telecommunications service providers Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Telecommunications service providers quality and check on ways to get started with Telecommunications service providers.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Operations Support System project?
– Why should we adopt a Operations Support System framework?
– How do we maintain Operations Support Systems Integrity?
Telephone company Critical Criteria:
Investigate Telephone company issues and develop and take control of the Telephone company initiative.
– Think of your Operations Support System project. what are the main functions?
– Who needs to know about Operations Support System ?
– What are specific Operations Support System Rules to follow?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Confer re Telephone exchange adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Telephone exchange decisions.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Operations Support System process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Operations Support System process available?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Operations Support System processes?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Operations Support System process?
Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System governance and describe the risks of Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System sustainability.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Operations Support System been identified and analyzed?
– How can skill-level changes improve Operations Support System?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Operations Support System Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Operations Support System External links:
ACE OPERATIONS SUPPORT SYSTEM – ACE Cash …
Avaya Support – Products – Operations Support System
Access network External links:
S.C.A.N. Home – Security Central Access Network
How to access network files from IIS applications
Logon – MyHealth Access Network
Business support system External links:
Business Support System(Xpro) – Authentication
Retail Business Support System – Logon Failed
Computer system External links:
Englewood computer system under Ransomware virus …
TITAN M7 – COBAN’s Police in Car Computer System
Components of a Computer System – Programming …
Configuration management External links:
Configuration Management | IpX
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
CMPIC – Configuration Management Training and …
Customer service External links:
Entergy Online Customer Service Center
ODJFS | Child Support Customer Service Portal
Customer Service | Progressive
DSL Forum External links:
Verizon DSL forum | DSLReports, ISP Information
Earthlink DSL forum | DSLReports, ISP Information
Data entry clerk External links:
Title:(data Entry Clerks) jobs | Simply Hired
Learn What Data Entry Clerks Do – The Balance
Digital Equipment Corporation External links:
Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) | American …
Xd Ada Trademark – Digital Equipment Corporation – …
Digital Equipment Corporation – CHM Revolution
Fault management External links:
Fault Management Log Files – Oracle Solaris …
Network Fault Management & Monitoring | SolarWinds
Hardware Information Navigational Tool External links:
Hardware Information Navigational Tool – WOW.com
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector External links:
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector
International Organization for Standardization External links:
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
MDMC – International Organization for Standardization …
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
Remote Memory Administration System External links:
RMAS means Remote Memory Administration System – …
Service assurance External links:
Job Information: Service Assurance Agent Job – …
Service delivery platform External links:
Service delivery platform – Hwang, Hans
Boomtown – B2B Service Delivery Platform for Enterprises
Service fulfillment External links:
Agency Service Fulfillment Enterprises, LLC
Simple Network Management Protocol External links:
Simple Network Management Protocol – IETF Datatracker
(SNMP) simple network management protocol – 56592 – …
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
Software applications External links:
BugSplat | Crash Reporting For Software Applications
Airport Deicing Software Applications
Switching Control Center System External links:
SCCS abbreviation stands for Switching Control Center System
Switching Control Center System – Revolvy
topics.revolvy.com/topic/Switching Control Center System
Switching Control Center System – How is Switching …
TM Forum External links:
Home – TM Forum Inform
ZOOM Project – TM Forum
Home | TM Forum Action Week
Telcordia Technologies External links:
Telcordia Technologies, Inc. – CACI
Federal Communications Commission DA 17-737 Beforethe Federal Communications Commission Washington, D.C. 20554 In the Matter of Telcordia Technologies, …
[PDF]Mr. Gary W. Richenaker Chainnan ENUM Forum c/o …
Telecommunications Management Network External links:
Telecommunications Management Network | Arizona …
Telephone company External links:
Beggs Telephone Company, Inc.
Marne & Elk Horn Telephone Company
Telephone exchange External links:
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX