What is involved in continuous process improvement
Find out what the related areas are that continuous process improvement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a continuous process improvement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its continuous process improvement journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward continuous process improvement leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which continuous process improvement related domains to cover and 115 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
continuous process improvement, Continual improvement process, Benchmarking, Business process management, CIBIC Continuous Improvement, Continuous function, Eco-Management and Audit Scheme, Environmental management system, ISO/IEC 15504, ISO 14000, ISO 45001 draft, ISO 9000, Incrementalism, Institute of Quality Assurance, International Organization for Standardization, Kaizen, Linguistic corpus, Linguistic prescription, Masaaki Imai, Minimum viable product, Perpetual beta, Program management, Project management, Quality management, Quantum, Training Within Industry, W. Edwards Deming:
continuous process improvement Critical Criteria:
Systematize continuous process improvement governance and frame using storytelling to create more compelling continuous process improvement projects.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting continuous process improvement with what users do day-to-day?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing continuous process improvement?
– Can we do continuous process improvement without complex (expensive) analysis?
Continual improvement process Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Continual improvement process quality and maintain Continual improvement process for success.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding continuous process improvement?
– How do we ensure that implementations of continuous process improvement products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How do we Improve continuous process improvement service perception, and satisfaction?
Benchmarking Critical Criteria:
Shape Benchmarking projects and gather Benchmarking models .
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your continuous process improvement strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can you negotiate continuous process improvement successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Have you identified your continuous process improvement key performance indicators?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Talk about Business process management outcomes and summarize a clear Business process management focus.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these continuous process improvement processes?
– Who sets the continuous process improvement standards?
CIBIC Continuous Improvement Critical Criteria:
See the value of CIBIC Continuous Improvement engagements and get going.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate continuous process improvement delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do mission and objectives affect the continuous process improvement processes of our organization?
– What is our formula for success in continuous process improvement ?
Continuous function Critical Criteria:
Focus on Continuous function tactics and look at the big picture.
– Does continuous process improvement analysis show the relationships among important continuous process improvement factors?
– What vendors make products that address the continuous process improvement needs?
– How do we maintain continuous process improvements Integrity?
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Eco-Management and Audit Scheme governance and optimize Eco-Management and Audit Scheme leadership as a key to advancement.
– Who needs to know about continuous process improvement ?
– Are there continuous process improvement Models?
Environmental management system Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Environmental management system management and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Environmental management system.
– Will continuous process improvement deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can skill-level changes improve continuous process improvement?
– How would one define continuous process improvement leadership?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Define ISO/IEC 15504 failures and probe the present value of growth of ISO/IEC 15504.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which continuous process improvement models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do the continuous process improvement decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
ISO 14000 Critical Criteria:
Unify ISO 14000 risks and be persistent.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if continuous process improvement does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Have all basic functions of continuous process improvement been defined?
ISO 45001 draft Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over ISO 45001 draft tactics and display thorough understanding of the ISO 45001 draft process.
– In the case of a continuous process improvement project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a continuous process improvement project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any continuous process improvement project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a continuous process improvement study?
ISO 9000 Critical Criteria:
Start ISO 9000 results and track iterative ISO 9000 results.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– What are the short and long-term continuous process improvement goals?
Incrementalism Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Incrementalism goals and reduce Incrementalism costs.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its continuous process improvement processes?
– Think of your continuous process improvement project. what are the main functions?
– What is our continuous process improvement Strategy?
Institute of Quality Assurance Critical Criteria:
Examine Institute of Quality Assurance outcomes and find out what it really means.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about continuous process improvement. How do we gain traction?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Inquire about International Organization for Standardization engagements and arbitrate International Organization for Standardization techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are current continuous process improvement Paradigms?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Boost Kaizen results and slay a dragon.
– Think about the functions involved in your continuous process improvement project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the continuous process improvement requirements in detail?
Linguistic corpus Critical Criteria:
Graph Linguistic corpus planning and devote time assessing Linguistic corpus and its risk.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a continuous process improvement project?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your continuous process improvement activities?
– How can we improve continuous process improvement?
Linguistic prescription Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Linguistic prescription governance and prioritize challenges of Linguistic prescription.
– To what extent does management recognize continuous process improvement as a tool to increase the results?
– How will you measure your continuous process improvement effectiveness?
Masaaki Imai Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Masaaki Imai issues and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Masaaki Imai.
– What are the key elements of your continuous process improvement performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What is the total cost related to deploying continuous process improvement, including any consulting or professional services?
Minimum viable product Critical Criteria:
Guard Minimum viable product issues and create a map for yourself.
– In a project to restructure continuous process improvement outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is Effective continuous process improvement?
Perpetual beta Critical Criteria:
Think about Perpetual beta adoptions and ask questions.
– Consider your own continuous process improvement project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– When a continuous process improvement manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What threat is continuous process improvement addressing?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Apply Program management tactics and explain and analyze the challenges of Program management.
– There are face-to-face skills that can help you work with the people above you in your organization. can you read a group of managers, and know what they are thinking and feeling?
– Is the record keeping and reporting system contributing to the effective running of the program or is it creating an unnecessary workload for the workers?
– What sample size will be needed to determine if the program has resulted in significant changes?
– Who will require an evaluation report(s) or a report on the implementation of the program?
– Can the findings or recommendations be used as a basis for training and skill development?
– Are any other groups or individuals suitably placed to sustain the program or parts of it?
– How have the content themes in the management of programs and projects evolved over time?
– What are the options for overcoming, minimising or avoiding the problems or delays?
– Are there any potential stakeholders who might not support the program?
– Has a system been set up to monitor the implementation of these tasks?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– Can the programs effectiveness be substantially improved?
– What protocols will be required for the data collection?
– What were the results or key outcomes of the program?
– What skills or resources can the target group offer?
– What resources are required to complete each task?
– Is the communication strategy being implemented?
– How have similar programs been evaluated?
– How are the guidelines structured?
– How do you take control?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Project management tactics and test out new things.
– Does it replace or negate traditional project management concerns with risk, scheduling, metrics, and execution, or does it shift how we think about these and necessitate new techniques and approaches?
– From an organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– Are your current project management and time and expense capture applications outdated and expensive to update and maintain?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Have the types of risks that may impact continuous process improvement been identified and analyzed?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Quality management tactics and catalog what business benefits will Quality management goals deliver if achieved.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom continuous process improvement project?
– Are assumptions made in continuous process improvement stated explicitly?
– What are specific continuous process improvement Rules to follow?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Quantum Critical Criteria:
Nurse Quantum strategies and question.
– What is the purpose of continuous process improvement in relation to the mission?
– What are all of our continuous process improvement domains and what do they do?
Training Within Industry Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Training Within Industry management and define what do we need to start doing with Training Within Industry.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to continuous process improvement? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective continuous process improvement leader?
W. Edwards Deming Critical Criteria:
Model after W. Edwards Deming outcomes and innovate what needs to be done with W. Edwards Deming.
– Does the continuous process improvement task fit the clients priorities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the continuous process improvement Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
continuous process improvement External links:
Continuous process improvement (eBook, 2000) …
Continuous Process Improvement & Executive Advisory | …
Benchmarking External links:
[PDF]Benchmarking Case Studies – IMT
Business process management External links:
BP3 | Business Process Management
Business Process Management Tool | myInvenio
Lodestar – Business Process Management
Continuous function External links:
Semicontinuous function – Encyclopedia of Mathematics
Continuous function – Encyclopedia of Mathematics
Continuous function – Calculus
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme External links:
EMAS certificate (Eco-management and audit scheme)
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme – EMAS – YouTube
Environmental management system External links:
[PDF]ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Audit …
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
[PDF]Nederlandse NEN-ISO/IEC 15504-3
ISO/IEC 15504-33000 is the international standard that defines the framework and requirements for process assessment and process improvement. Process maturity is measured by analyzing the way the process is performed and managed.
ISO 14000 External links:
List of Accredited Registrars, ISO 9000, ISO 14000, …
ISO 45001 draft External links:
ISO 45001 Draft Approved – Whittington & Associates
ISO 9000 External links:
Florida ISO 9000 Total Quality Management Consulting
What is ISO 9000? – Definition from WhatIs.com
List of Accredited Registrars, ISO 9000, ISO 14000, …
Incrementalism External links:
Incrementalism – Ethics Unwrapped – UT Austin
International Organization for Standardization External links:
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
MDMC – International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
Kaizen External links:
Kaizen Age: Health, Wellness, and Brain Supplements
Kaizen foam inserts for tool boxes and other cases
Linguistic prescription External links:
ERIC – Linguistic Prescription: Familiar Practices and …
A linguistic prescription for ailing communication – YouTube
Minimum viable product External links:
How to define a Minimum Viable Product – freeCodeCamp
Minimum Viable Products by Bryan Long on Prezi
Perpetual beta External links:
Final Project – In Perpetual Beta
Program management External links:
Tuition Assistance Program Management | EdAssist
Projectmates Construction Program Management Software
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
Quantum External links:
Quantum Spatial – Official Site
About us | Quantum Title Corporation
Quantum Physics authors/titles “new” – arXiv
Training Within Industry External links:
ERIC – Training within Industry as Short-Sighted …
Training Within Industry – TERRA Staffing Group
Training Within Industry in the Lean Lexicon
W. Edwards Deming External links:
Red Bead Experiment with Dr. W. Edwards Deming – YouTube
The W. Edwards Deming Institute
W. Edwards Deming – Part 1 – YouTube