What is involved in Test management
Find out what the related areas are that Test management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Test management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Test management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Test management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Test management related domains to cover and 126 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Test management, Automation, Bug tracking, Bugzilla, Mantis Bug Tracker, Project management, Requirement, Software, Software as a service, Software bug, Software testing, Specification, System under test, Test automation management tools, Test case, Test management tools, Test plan, Traceability matrix:
Test management Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Test management quality and differentiate in coordinating Test management.
– In what ways are Test management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we manage Test management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Are there Test management problems defined?
Automation Critical Criteria:
Debate over Automation issues and grade techniques for implementing Automation controls.
– How does a discourse community emerge to launch an organizing vision for an IT innovation before it becomes fashionable or institutionalized?
– Do you have a high level of process automation connecting your it asset and service management?
– What professional service is being requested as qualified consultants to provide services?
– What number would you put on the performance gains you expect to see from moving to PsA?
– Do you have low utilization levels (or do you even know your billable utilization)?
– Do you know most in demand skills and can you forecast demand to begin recruiting?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– Does it take too long to manually collect time and expense to bill clients?
– Do you look to improve service sales and service delivery consistency?
– How does technology destiny affect organizational innovation?
– Municipal or federal procurement protocols may also apply?
– How do I know if my business is Customer/Member Centric ?
– Which executives will oversee selection and deployment?
– How do I know if I m charging too much or too little?
– How can we improve the responsiveness of service?
– How can we better explain our fees to clients?
– How would we achieve success?
– Is it time for PSA?
– Is Test management Required?
Bug tracking Critical Criteria:
Adapt Bug tracking outcomes and mentor Bug tracking customer orientation.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Test management?
Bugzilla Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Bugzilla governance and develop and take control of the Bugzilla initiative.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Test management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Test management activities?
Mantis Bug Tracker Critical Criteria:
Analyze Mantis Bug Tracker strategies and work towards be a leading Mantis Bug Tracker expert.
– What is the source of the strategies for Test management strengthening and reform?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Test management that make it risky?
– Why is Test management important for you now?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Project management engagements and drive action.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– From an organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– What did you accomplish yesterday, what will you do today, and what impediments are getting in your way?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– What is Turnkey Operation in Project Management?
– What about when our context is not so simple?
– What is agile project management?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
– What is scrum?
Requirement Critical Criteria:
Check Requirement strategies and report on developing an effective Requirement strategy.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Test management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Test management process available?
– Do we ensure that the requirements are consistent with company technology future direction. for example, does it ensure that network communication is ip based?
– Which data deduplication technique reduces storage capacity and network bandwidth requirements, but increases the overhead on the backup client?
– How quickly can a cloud service provider scale services and capability and is this quick enough for the requirements of the customer/consumer?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– Are relevant legal or regulatory requirements and contractual obligations taken into account for control of records?
– Can we answer questions like: Are design documents available and updated with the latest requirements?
– Do you believe that additional principles and requirements are necessary for IoT applications?
– Are resource requirements stable and well within the provisions of cloud provider selected?
– Is the process effective and efficient in the absence of conformance to this requirement?
– What are the data access requirements for standard file, message, and data management?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all requirements documents available and current?
– What are the security information requirements of Cybersecurity stakeholders?
– Are there any specific requirements for sharing or storing the data?
– Are the availability requirements for the information determined?
– What is your process for gathering business requirements?
– Right requirements?
Software Critical Criteria:
Focus on Software quality and look at the big picture.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– With this new, full-stack approach to software delivery comes new opportunity for delay. DevOps was developed as a reaction to the long lead times required for infrastructure provisioning and integration with bureaucracy-laden ITIL processes. But what are these new sources of delay in the software development lifecycle?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– What documentation is provided with the software / system and in what format?
– What other types of systems might be able to benefit from this component?
– What scaling factors should we consider when tailoring our approach?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
– If someone installs software, how do we keep track of it?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
– Heritage of traditional methods?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Software as a service leadership and shift your focus.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Think of your Test management project. what are the main functions?
Software bug Critical Criteria:
Boost Software bug tasks and define what do we need to start doing with Software bug.
– What are the disruptive Test management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Test management project?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Software testing tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Software testing users.
– How do we know that any Test management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Test management Management?
– How can the value of Test management be defined?
Specification Critical Criteria:
Understand Specification issues and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Can visitors/customers easily find all relevant information about your products (e.g., prices, options, technical specifications, quantities, shipping information, order status) on your website?
– With the traditional approach to data migration, delays due to specification changes are an expected (and accepted) part of most projects. does this sound familiar?
– Have product specifications been reviewed with respect to existing and planned organizational programs, policies, procedures, and standards?
– How do you identify the information basis for later specification of performance or acceptance criteria?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– What technical specifications should we build into our infrastructure to produce quality data?
– Do we collect and manipulate source data into a mutually agreed upon flat-file specification?
– Have security requirements been identified and compared against product specifications?
– Match data specifications against data are all the attributes present?
– What are the job descriptions and specifications for the staff?
– Is a formal specification complete?
– How do we go about Securing Test management?
– What threat is Test management addressing?
System under test Critical Criteria:
Scan System under test leadership and secure System under test creativity.
– For your Test management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Test management?
– Does Test management analysis show the relationships among important Test management factors?
Test automation management tools Critical Criteria:
Graph Test automation management tools projects and oversee Test automation management tools management by competencies.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Test management processes?
– How is the value delivered by Test management being measured?
Test case Critical Criteria:
Shape Test case projects and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Test case decisions.
– Are all identified requirements allocated to test cases?
– Is a Test management Team Work effort in place?
– Are we Assessing Test management and Risk?
Test management tools Critical Criteria:
Sort Test management tools strategies and define Test management tools competency-based leadership.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Test management opportunities costing us money?
Test plan Critical Criteria:
Generalize Test plan strategies and find answers.
– Do those selected for the Test management team have a good general understanding of what Test management is all about?
– Can we answer questions like: Are the test plan and results available?
– What business benefits will Test management goals deliver if achieved?
Traceability matrix Critical Criteria:
Steer Traceability matrix management and summarize a clear Traceability matrix focus.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Test management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Test management project lifecycle?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Test management been identified and analyzed?
– How do we go about Comparing Test management approaches/solutions?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Test management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Test management External links:
Meliora Testlab: Professional test management for everyone
EasyQA – TEST MANAGEMENT TOOL TO IMPROVE …
Software Testing Tools & Test Management Software | Zephyr
Automation External links:
Smart Home Automation | Savant
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems | Control4
Bug tracking External links:
Painless Bug Tracking – Joel on Software
Bug Tracking Process – Joomla! Documentation
Bugzilla External links:
Bugzilla – Official Site
Welcome to Bugzilla – Farelogix
Welcome to Bugzilla – TMEIC
Mantis Bug Tracker External links:
Mantis Bug Tracker – Download
Mantis Bug Tracker Login Management – Bitium
What Is Mantis Bug Tracker? – YouTube
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Pepper Construction Project Management Solution
Requirement External links:
Browser Requirement – eSYSCO
Title V Requirements – AQMD
[DOC]Title Insurance Requirements – Fannie Mae
Software External links:
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
InSite SiteWork Excavation Software Overview
Insite Software | Built for B2B™
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
Software bug External links:
iPad software bug fix? | Verizon Community
ZyXEL to Issue Fix for LTE3301-Q222 Software Bug
Software Bug Report – Formsite
Software testing External links:
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
Quality Assurance & Software Testing- Reston VA
Software Testing & QA Services Company – Testlio
Specification External links:
Specification Grade Lighting Manufacturer | Bartco Lighting
[PDF]TITLE: MSDS for PZT Specification – Georgia Tech
Test automation management tools External links:
test automation management tools free download – SourceForge
Test case External links:
Electric Grid Test Case Repository
Test Case | Software Testing Fundamentals
Test management tools External links:
Test Management Tools | Zephyr Products
PractiTest: Software Testing & QA Test Management Tools
Market Guide for Test Management Tools – Gartner Inc.
Test plan External links:
Level 3 Master Test Plan Example – DICOM Homepage
Creating and Defining a Test Plan – msdn.microsoft.com
Traceability matrix External links:
FastVal Traceability Matrix | Ofni Systems
[PDF]ACES TRACEABILITY MATRIX Business Objective …