What is involved in Linux on z Systems
Find out what the related areas are that Linux on z Systems connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Linux on z Systems thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Linux on z Systems journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Linux on z Systems leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Linux on z Systems related domains to cover and 128 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Linux on z Systems, Concurrent Versions System, DOS/360 and successors, Linux adoption, Transaction Processing Facility, Free software, Z Systems, IBM 8100 DPCX, Operating system, GNU General Public License, IBM Airline Control Program, OS/VS1 BPE, Linux Format, Linus’s Law, ORVYL and WYLBUR, Digital media, Security-focused operating system, Cross compiler, Linux Documentation Project, Compatible Time-Sharing System, Linux gaming, Samba software, GM-NAA I/O, Linux on z Systems, Linux kernel, Data center, Computer-aided design, Linux Mark Institute, Hercules emulator, Apache HTTP Server, Computational chemistry, IBM 4680 OS, Package format, Linux Outlaws, Weather forecasting, Package manager, Project Trillian, GNU Compiler Collection, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, IBM CP-40, Free Software Magazine, Linux Journal, Linux range of use, The Code, Ubuntu User, Information Management System, Linux Magazine, SHARE Operating System, RDMA over Converged Ethernet:
Linux on z Systems Critical Criteria:
Study Linux on z Systems visions and separate what are the business goals Linux on z Systems is aiming to achieve.
– Does Linux on z Systems create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Concurrent Versions System Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Concurrent Versions System visions and perfect Concurrent Versions System conflict management.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Linux on z Systems information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Linux on z Systems project?
– How can you measure Linux on z Systems in a systematic way?
DOS/360 and successors Critical Criteria:
Unify DOS/360 and successors leadership and know what your objective is.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Linux on z Systems does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Which Linux on z Systems goals are the most important?
– How would one define Linux on z Systems leadership?
Linux adoption Critical Criteria:
Recall Linux adoption tasks and document what potential Linux adoption megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Linux on z Systems goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we measure improved Linux on z Systems service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we know that any Linux on z Systems analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Transaction Processing Facility Critical Criteria:
Test Transaction Processing Facility strategies and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Transaction Processing Facility projects.
– What is the purpose of Linux on z Systems in relation to the mission?
– Are assumptions made in Linux on z Systems stated explicitly?
– Is Supporting Linux on z Systems documentation required?
Free software Critical Criteria:
Generalize Free software leadership and raise human resource and employment practices for Free software.
– What are the disruptive Linux on z Systems technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How is the value delivered by Linux on z Systems being measured?
Z Systems Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Z Systems strategies and stake your claim.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Linux on z Systems is underway?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Linux on z Systems been identified and analyzed?
– How do we Identify specific Linux on z Systems investment and emerging trends?
IBM 8100 DPCX Critical Criteria:
Think about IBM 8100 DPCX quality and find out.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Linux on z Systems values?
– Is a Linux on z Systems Team Work effort in place?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Operating system results and display thorough understanding of the Operating system process.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Linux on z Systems process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Linux on z Systems process available?
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– What is our Linux on z Systems Strategy?
GNU General Public License Critical Criteria:
Sort GNU General Public License leadership and give examples utilizing a core of simple GNU General Public License skills.
– How can you negotiate Linux on z Systems successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How to Secure Linux on z Systems?
IBM Airline Control Program Critical Criteria:
Derive from IBM Airline Control Program projects and get the big picture.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Linux on z Systems strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Linux on z Systems leaders?
– How do we keep improving Linux on z Systems?
OS/VS1 BPE Critical Criteria:
Scan OS/VS1 BPE governance and work towards be a leading OS/VS1 BPE expert.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Linux on z Systems services/products?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Linux on z Systems objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is the scope of Linux on z Systems defined?
Linux Format Critical Criteria:
X-ray Linux Format decisions and track iterative Linux Format results.
– Consider your own Linux on z Systems project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How will you measure your Linux on z Systems effectiveness?
Linus’s Law Critical Criteria:
Sort Linus’s Law planning and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Linus’s Law.
– Does Linux on z Systems analysis show the relationships among important Linux on z Systems factors?
– Do Linux on z Systems rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are specific Linux on z Systems Rules to follow?
ORVYL and WYLBUR Critical Criteria:
Transcribe ORVYL and WYLBUR engagements and learn.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Linux on z Systems leader?
– What are our needs in relation to Linux on z Systems skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How important is Linux on z Systems to the user organizations mission?
Digital media Critical Criteria:
See the value of Digital media failures and customize techniques for implementing Digital media controls.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Linux on z Systems strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Linux on z Systems effort?
– What threat is Linux on z Systems addressing?
Security-focused operating system Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Security-focused operating system governance and check on ways to get started with Security-focused operating system.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Linux on z Systems is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Will Linux on z Systems deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Cross compiler Critical Criteria:
Discourse Cross compiler results and devote time assessing Cross compiler and its risk.
– Can we do Linux on z Systems without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How to deal with Linux on z Systems Changes?
Linux Documentation Project Critical Criteria:
Infer Linux Documentation Project outcomes and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Do we monitor the Linux on z Systems decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is the source of the strategies for Linux on z Systems strengthening and reform?
– When a Linux on z Systems manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Compatible Time-Sharing System Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Compatible Time-Sharing System quality and stake your claim.
– What are the barriers to increased Linux on z Systems production?
– Have all basic functions of Linux on z Systems been defined?
Linux gaming Critical Criteria:
Canvass Linux gaming results and overcome Linux gaming skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Linux on z Systems, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is there a Linux on z Systems Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Samba software Critical Criteria:
Discuss Samba software quality and find answers.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Linux on z Systems that make it risky?
GM-NAA I/O Critical Criteria:
Refer to GM-NAA I/O tactics and figure out ways to motivate other GM-NAA I/O users.
– Will Linux on z Systems have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Linux on z Systems?
– What is Effective Linux on z Systems?
Linux on z Systems Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Linux on z Systems results and adjust implementation of Linux on z Systems.
– Do those selected for the Linux on z Systems team have a good general understanding of what Linux on z Systems is all about?
Linux kernel Critical Criteria:
Participate in Linux kernel visions and gather Linux kernel models .
– How do we Lead with Linux on z Systems in Mind?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Administer Data center planning and budget for Data center challenges.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Think about the functions involved in your Linux on z Systems project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Among the Linux on z Systems product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
Computer-aided design Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Computer-aided design tactics and oversee Computer-aided design requirements.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Linux on z Systems?
Linux Mark Institute Critical Criteria:
Guide Linux Mark Institute risks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Linux Mark Institute results.
– What will drive Linux on z Systems change?
Hercules emulator Critical Criteria:
Scan Hercules emulator visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Hercules emulator.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Linux on z Systems models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Linux on z Systems ?
Apache HTTP Server Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Apache HTTP Server outcomes and balance specific methods for improving Apache HTTP Server results.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Linux on z Systems? There might be some that are less obvious?
Computational chemistry Critical Criteria:
Add value to Computational chemistry failures and prioritize challenges of Computational chemistry.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Linux on z Systems opportunities costing us money?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Linux on z Systems activities?
IBM 4680 OS Critical Criteria:
Depict IBM 4680 OS goals and probe the present value of growth of IBM 4680 OS.
– How do we manage Linux on z Systems Knowledge Management (KM)?
Package format Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Package format planning and pay attention to the small things.
Linux Outlaws Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Linux Outlaws planning and attract Linux Outlaws skills.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Linux on z Systems study?
– What are the short and long-term Linux on z Systems goals?
Weather forecasting Critical Criteria:
Deduce Weather forecasting failures and report on setting up Weather forecasting without losing ground.
– In what ways are Linux on z Systems vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are there Linux on z Systems Models?
Package manager Critical Criteria:
Pilot Package manager tactics and slay a dragon.
– Is the Linux on z Systems organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Project Trillian Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Project Trillian governance and explore and align the progress in Project Trillian.
– How can skill-level changes improve Linux on z Systems?
GNU Compiler Collection Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to GNU Compiler Collection planning and transcribe GNU Compiler Collection as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What about Linux on z Systems Analysis of results?
– Are there Linux on z Systems problems defined?
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Critical Criteria:
Reason over Red Hat Enterprise Linux risks and plan concise Red Hat Enterprise Linux education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Linux on z Systems project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Linux on z Systems Management?
IBM CP-40 Critical Criteria:
Give examples of IBM CP-40 tactics and ask questions.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Linux on z Systems project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Linux on z Systems project lifecycle?
– How likely is the current Linux on z Systems plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Free Software Magazine Critical Criteria:
Confer re Free Software Magazine management and create Free Software Magazine explanations for all managers.
– Does Linux on z Systems include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are current Linux on z Systems Paradigms?
– Is Linux on z Systems Required?
Linux Journal Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Linux Journal results and adopt an insight outlook.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Linux on z Systems project?
Linux range of use Critical Criteria:
Discourse Linux range of use failures and shift your focus.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Linux on z Systems processes of our organization?
– What is our formula for success in Linux on z Systems ?
The Code Critical Criteria:
Audit The Code outcomes and perfect The Code conflict management.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Linux on z Systems activities?
– How do you make sure that the code base always builds reliably?
Ubuntu User Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Ubuntu User strategies and find answers.
– Does the Linux on z Systems task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the long-term Linux on z Systems goals?
Information Management System Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Information Management System quality and ask questions.
– Do we all define Linux on z Systems in the same way?
Linux Magazine Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Linux Magazine failures and balance specific methods for improving Linux Magazine results.
SHARE Operating System Critical Criteria:
Investigate SHARE Operating System strategies and intervene in SHARE Operating System processes and leadership.
RDMA over Converged Ethernet Critical Criteria:
Investigate RDMA over Converged Ethernet tactics and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential RDMA over Converged Ethernet information.
– Who needs to know about Linux on z Systems ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Linux on z Systems Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Concurrent Versions System External links:
Concurrent Versions System – Official Site
CVS–Concurrent Versions System – annotate
CVS–Concurrent Versions System – Branching and merging
DOS/360 and successors External links:
DOS/360 and Successors | DOS 360 Successors
DOS/360 and successors – 21pw.com
Transaction Processing Facility External links:
IBM z/Transaction Processing Facility
Free software External links:
NCH Software – Free Software Downloads and Installs
Z Systems External links:
Your industry Jobs – IBM z Systems Job Connector
IBM Common Data Provider for z Systems | Splunkbase
IBM Redbooks | z Systems
IBM 8100 DPCX External links:
IBM 8100 DPCX | IT History Society
IBM 8100 Dpcx | Summer Reading Challenge
IBM 8100 DPCX explained – everything.explained.today
Operating system External links:
Operating System and Browser warning
KAR Management Operating System (MOS) – Login
nCino Bank Operating System
GNU General Public License External links:
GNU General Public License – PigaLore
IBM Airline Control Program External links:
IBM Airline Control Program – Sensagent.com
dictionary.sensagent.com/ibm airline control program/en-en
Linux Format External links:
Linux Format – media
[PDF]Linux Format Raspberry Pi The Complete Guide Ebook | …
[PDF]Linux Format Raspberry Pi The Complete Guide Ebook | …
Linus’s Law External links:
Linus’s Law – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Digital media External links:
Encompass Digital Media: Your Video Content Delivered
Home – Digital Media Strategies USA
VisionMix Digital Media
Linux Documentation Project External links:
Linux Documentation Project Copyright
Linux Documentation Project (LDP) FAQ – Upcoming …
The Linux Documentation Project
Compatible Time-Sharing System External links:
Compatible Time-Sharing System – Britannica.com
CTSS, Compatible Time-Sharing System
[PDF]Compatible Time-Sharing System (1961 -1973) …
Linux gaming External links:
Linux Gaming – David Pettifor – Hobby
7 Best Linux Gaming Distributions In 2017 – It’s FOSS
GNU/Linux Gaming on Reddit
GM-NAA I/O External links:
GM-NAA I/O – Free definitions by Babylon
GM-NAA I/O in Spanish – English-Spanish Dictionary – Glosbe
Linux on z Systems External links:
Linux on z Systems empowers your developers – YouTube
[PDF]z/VM and Linux on z Systems Performance Class
Linux on z Systems Customer Council Pages – Meetup
Linux kernel External links:
Linux Kernel Newbies – Linux Kernel Newbies
Linux kernel – Official Site
Pantech UML295 Linux kernel support | Verizon Community
Data center External links:
Seattle Internet Colocation Data Center – Westin Building
Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI)
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
Computer-aided design External links:
Computer-Aided Design – Journal – Elsevier
Computer-aided design. (eVideo, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Linux Mark Institute External links:
Hercules emulator External links:
Hercules Emulator – CBT Tape Home Page – MVS Freeware
The Hercules Emulator Store : The Hercules Emulator Store
Apache HTTP Server External links:
Apache HTTP Server – Download
mod_userdir – Apache HTTP Server – Greyhound
How to set up a Apache HTTP Server on Windows – YouTube
Computational chemistry External links:
Journal of Computational Chemistry – Official Site
C3 – Computational Chemistry Consortium
Package format External links:
RAGE Package Format – Just Solve the File Format Problem
Linux Outlaws External links:
Linux Outlaws by Sixgun Productions on Apple Podcasts
Linux Outlaws | Sixgun Productions
Weather forecasting External links:
StormGeo – Weather Forecasting Services and Decision …
Weathering Heights, Roger Hill’s weather forecasting service
Precision Weather Forecasting
Package manager External links:
Package Manager Command-Line Options
NuGet Package Manager Console Guide | Microsoft Docs
Package Control – the Sublime Text package manager
GNU Compiler Collection External links:
GNU Compiler Collection – Rosetta Code
GNU Compiler Collection – Official Site
GNU Compiler Collection – UFRC – University of Florida
Red Hat Enterprise Linux External links:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WFONE Port 8080 Test Page
Red Hat solutions – Red Hat Enterprise Linux | Microsoft Azure
Red Hat Enterprise Linux – Official Site
IBM CP-40 External links:
IBM CP-40 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Free Software Magazine External links:
Free Software Magazine – facebook.com
Free Software Magazine – Home | Facebook
Linux Journal External links:
Linux Journal | The Original Magazine of the Linux Community
Linux Journal Engineering
Linux range of use External links:
The Code External links:
sbe | THE CODE
Cracking the Code
The Code | Netflix
Ubuntu User External links:
An Ubuntu User’s Review Of Dell XPS 13 Ubuntu Edition
Ubuntu User – Home | Facebook
New Ubuntu User: How To Format And Label A Hard Drive …
Information Management System External links:
Log in – Utility Permit Information Management System
electronic Child Care Information Management System – …
AIMS – Aging Information Management System
Linux Magazine External links:
Linux Magazine (NL) (@linuxmagNL) | Twitter
Linux Magazine – Home | Facebook
RDMA over Converged Ethernet External links:
What is RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE)? – YouTube
[PDF]RDMA over Converged Ethernet – InfiniBand Trade – IBTA