What is involved in Affiliate Marketing
Find out what the related areas are that Affiliate Marketing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Affiliate Marketing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Affiliate Marketing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Affiliate Marketing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Affiliate Marketing related domains to cover and 129 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Affiliate Marketing, Sales promotion, Cookie stuffing, Affinity marketing, Spybot – Search & Destroy, Behavioral targeting, Prodigy Network, False advertising, Virtual economy, Pay Per Sale, Referral marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Application service provider, Video sharing, Cause Related Marketing, Conversion marketing, Local search engine optimisation, Federated Department Stores, Geffen Records, Revenue sharing, Silver bullet, Ad serving, Sales tax, New York, Pyramid schemes, Cost Per Action, Paid search, Class action lawsuit, Contextual advertising, Social media marketing, Code of Conduct, YouTube personalities, Shopping directory, Commission Junction, Referral program, Email marketing, United Kingdom, Pop-up blocker, Pop-up ad, Native advertising, Word of mouth marketing, Terms of service, Display advertising, Search engine indexing, Online advertising, Price comparison, Cost Per Mille, Ad agency, Ad blocking, Viral marketing, Online retailers, Search engines, Mobile phone, Cost Per Impression, Pay per click, Search engine marketing, Content marketing:
Affiliate Marketing Critical Criteria:
X-ray Affiliate Marketing quality and look in other fields.
– Think about the functions involved in your Affiliate Marketing project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Affiliate Marketing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the long-term Affiliate Marketing goals?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Sales promotion goals and summarize a clear Sales promotion focus.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Affiliate Marketing activities?
– Can we do Affiliate Marketing without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How would one define Affiliate Marketing leadership?
Cookie stuffing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Cookie stuffing adoptions and ask questions.
– How do we Identify specific Affiliate Marketing investment and emerging trends?
– Is Affiliate Marketing Required?
Affinity marketing Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Affinity marketing goals and catalog Affinity marketing activities.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Affiliate Marketing opportunities costing us money?
– What are the business goals Affiliate Marketing is aiming to achieve?
– What are the usability implications of Affiliate Marketing actions?
Spybot – Search & Destroy Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Spybot – Search & Destroy outcomes and probe Spybot – Search & Destroy strategic alliances.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Affiliate Marketing processes?
– Why is Affiliate Marketing important for you now?
– Are there Affiliate Marketing Models?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Reason over Behavioral targeting leadership and define Behavioral targeting competency-based leadership.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Affiliate Marketing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Affiliate Marketing is underway?
Prodigy Network Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Prodigy Network governance and drive action.
– How can you negotiate Affiliate Marketing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Affiliate Marketing move?
– Is a Affiliate Marketing Team Work effort in place?
False advertising Critical Criteria:
Trace False advertising tactics and grade techniques for implementing False advertising controls.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Affiliate Marketing process?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Affiliate Marketing?
Virtual economy Critical Criteria:
Refer to Virtual economy governance and check on ways to get started with Virtual economy.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Affiliate Marketing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Affiliate Marketing project manager?
Pay Per Sale Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Pay Per Sale engagements and work towards be a leading Pay Per Sale expert.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Affiliate Marketing?
– What will drive Affiliate Marketing change?
Referral marketing Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Referral marketing projects and track iterative Referral marketing results.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Affiliate Marketing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Does the Affiliate Marketing task fit the clients priorities?
Affiliate Marketing Critical Criteria:
Merge Affiliate Marketing results and mentor Affiliate Marketing customer orientation.
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Application service provider engagements and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Application service provider decisions.
– What about Affiliate Marketing Analysis of results?
– What are our Affiliate Marketing Processes?
– How can we improve Affiliate Marketing?
Video sharing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Video sharing outcomes and forecast involvement of future Video sharing projects in development.
– Is Affiliate Marketing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Which Affiliate Marketing goals are the most important?
– How do we go about Securing Affiliate Marketing?
Cause Related Marketing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Cause Related Marketing adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Cause Related Marketing.
– Think about the people you identified for your Affiliate Marketing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How much does Affiliate Marketing help?
Conversion marketing Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Conversion marketing visions and change contexts.
– In the case of a Affiliate Marketing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Affiliate Marketing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Affiliate Marketing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How important is Affiliate Marketing to the user organizations mission?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Affiliate Marketing?
Local search engine optimisation Critical Criteria:
Guide Local search engine optimisation leadership and create a map for yourself.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Affiliate Marketing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How can skill-level changes improve Affiliate Marketing?
Federated Department Stores Critical Criteria:
Check Federated Department Stores adoptions and summarize a clear Federated Department Stores focus.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Affiliate Marketing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What threat is Affiliate Marketing addressing?
Geffen Records Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Geffen Records risks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Geffen Records information.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Affiliate Marketing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does Affiliate Marketing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Will Affiliate Marketing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Revenue sharing Critical Criteria:
Check Revenue sharing planning and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Revenue sharing information.
– Can we add value to the current Affiliate Marketing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Affiliate Marketing process?
– Is the Affiliate Marketing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Silver bullet Critical Criteria:
Grade Silver bullet goals and gather Silver bullet models .
Ad serving Critical Criteria:
Derive from Ad serving planning and finalize the present value of growth of Ad serving.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Affiliate Marketing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does Affiliate Marketing analysis show the relationships among important Affiliate Marketing factors?
– What vendors make products that address the Affiliate Marketing needs?
Sales tax Critical Criteria:
Infer Sales tax failures and proactively manage Sales tax risks.
– When a Affiliate Marketing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
New York Critical Criteria:
Refer to New York visions and drive action.
– Do those selected for the Affiliate Marketing team have a good general understanding of what Affiliate Marketing is all about?
Pyramid schemes Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Pyramid schemes projects and find the ideas you already have.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Affiliate Marketing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Cost Per Action Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Cost Per Action results and get answers.
– What are internal and external Affiliate Marketing relations?
– Are we Assessing Affiliate Marketing and Risk?
Paid search Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Paid search outcomes and assess what counts with Paid search that we are not counting.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Affiliate Marketing ?
Class action lawsuit Critical Criteria:
Investigate Class action lawsuit issues and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Affiliate Marketing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do we all define Affiliate Marketing in the same way?
Contextual advertising Critical Criteria:
Grasp Contextual advertising management and mentor Contextual advertising customer orientation.
– Is maximizing Affiliate Marketing protection the same as minimizing Affiliate Marketing loss?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Affiliate Marketing project?
– What is our formula for success in Affiliate Marketing ?
Social media marketing Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Social media marketing outcomes and stake your claim.
– Why should we adopt a Affiliate Marketing framework?
Code of Conduct Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Code of Conduct management and look in other fields.
– How will you know that the Affiliate Marketing project has been successful?
– Who needs to know about Affiliate Marketing ?
YouTube personalities Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase YouTube personalities visions and correct YouTube personalities management by competencies.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Affiliate Marketing objectives?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Affiliate Marketing processes?
Shopping directory Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Shopping directory engagements and describe which business rules are needed as Shopping directory interface.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Affiliate Marketing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Affiliate Marketing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How is the value delivered by Affiliate Marketing being measured?
Commission Junction Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Commission Junction engagements and check on ways to get started with Commission Junction.
– What are the key elements of your Affiliate Marketing performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Affiliate Marketing process?
– Do we have past Affiliate Marketing Successes?
Referral program Critical Criteria:
See the value of Referral program outcomes and describe the risks of Referral program sustainability.
– Will Affiliate Marketing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we manage Affiliate Marketing Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Does our organization need more Affiliate Marketing education?
Email marketing Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Email marketing results and document what potential Email marketing megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Affiliate Marketing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the key reasons for integrating your email marketing system with your CRM?
United Kingdom Critical Criteria:
Investigate United Kingdom management and display thorough understanding of the United Kingdom process.
– How likely is the current Affiliate Marketing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the short and long-term Affiliate Marketing goals?
Pop-up blocker Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Pop-up blocker tasks and separate what are the business goals Pop-up blocker is aiming to achieve.
– Does the pop-up blocker include the Microsoft Dynamics CRM URLs as safe sites?
Pop-up ad Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Pop-up ad tasks and achieve a single Pop-up ad view and bringing data together.
– Why are Affiliate Marketing skills important?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Focus on Native advertising risks and point out improvements in Native advertising.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Affiliate Marketing study?
– How will you measure your Affiliate Marketing effectiveness?
Word of mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Word of mouth marketing leadership and differentiate in coordinating Word of mouth marketing.
– What are our needs in relation to Affiliate Marketing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Terms of service Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Terms of service projects and question.
– Does the provider publish a standard perimeter block list that aligns with the terms of service for the offering?
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Display advertising outcomes and get answers.
– Are there recognized Affiliate Marketing problems?
Search engine indexing Critical Criteria:
Debate over Search engine indexing strategies and research ways can we become the Search engine indexing company that would put us out of business.
– Have all basic functions of Affiliate Marketing been defined?
– What are current Affiliate Marketing Paradigms?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Analyze Online advertising governance and correct better engagement with Online advertising results.
Price comparison Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Price comparison goals and research ways can we become the Price comparison company that would put us out of business.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Affiliate Marketing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Cost Per Mille Critical Criteria:
Jump start Cost Per Mille failures and mentor Cost Per Mille customer orientation.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Affiliate Marketing processes of our organization?
Ad agency Critical Criteria:
Check Ad agency governance and display thorough understanding of the Ad agency process.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Affiliate Marketing moving forward?
– Have you identified your Affiliate Marketing key performance indicators?
Ad blocking Critical Criteria:
Own Ad blocking governance and point out Ad blocking tensions in leadership.
Viral marketing Critical Criteria:
Pilot Viral marketing governance and find out.
Online retailers Critical Criteria:
Scan Online retailers quality and look for lots of ideas.
– Do Affiliate Marketing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we keep improving Affiliate Marketing?
Search engines Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Search engines decisions and find the essential reading for Search engines researchers.
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Chat re Mobile phone governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Mobile phone and constraints.
Cost Per Impression Critical Criteria:
Look at Cost Per Impression outcomes and arbitrate Cost Per Impression techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Affiliate Marketing effort?
Pay per click Critical Criteria:
Pilot Pay per click leadership and find out what it really means.
– For your Affiliate Marketing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Search engine marketing Critical Criteria:
Dissect Search engine marketing quality and report on setting up Search engine marketing without losing ground.
– Are there Affiliate Marketing problems defined?
Content marketing Critical Criteria:
Start Content marketing adoptions and overcome Content marketing skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do the Affiliate Marketing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Affiliate Marketing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Sales promotion External links:
9 Sales Promotion Examples | ThriveHive
Sales Promotion | Marketing Teacher
Virago Inc Vancouver, WA Sales Promotion Service – …
Cookie stuffing External links:
Affiliate Cookie Stuffing 2.0 — Convertro
Affinity marketing External links:
augeo affinity marketing Careers & Jobs – Monster
Affinity Marketing | Coverdell
Affinity Marketing – Home | Facebook
Behavioral targeting External links:
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
What is Behavioral Targeting? – TubeMogul
Prodigy Network External links:
Prodigy Network – Home | Facebook
Access For All (Paid Post by Prodigy Network From The …
Prodigy Network decides to implement NES Financial’s …
False advertising External links:
Aloe Vera – False Advertising & No Aloe Suit | …
Aloe Vera Lawsuit – False Advertising Class Action Lawyers
False advertising? | Verizon Community
Virtual economy External links:
Corporation Master – Real Money Virtual Economy Game
Virtual Economy Research Network | Library of Congress
Description: Russia’s virtual economy – library.villanova.edu
Pay Per Sale External links:
Pay Per Sale Marketing | Intellibright
Intellibright | Pay Per Sale Exclusive Lead Generation
Referral marketing External links:
Referral Marketing Software – Get More Customers, …
Referral Marketing for Business – Care.com
Viral Loops | Viral & Referral Marketing Software
Affiliate Marketing External links:
w4 | W4 | The Premium CPA Affiliate Marketing Network
LinkConnector | Established Affiliate Marketing Network
Affiliate Marketing, Online Marketing – CommissionSoup…
Application service provider External links:
[DOC]Application Service Provider – itu.int
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
Application Service Providers | Global Capacity
Video sharing External links:
Secure Video Sharing for Creatives — MediaSilo
Pricing for Business Video Sharing | Wistia
Video Sharing – Upload, Share, and Watch Videos
Cause Related Marketing External links:
Cause Related Marketing | National FFA Organization
Conversion marketing External links:
ASTRALCOM – Content Strategy, Conversion Marketing …
Local search engine optimisation External links:
Local Search Engine Optimisation Services – Terranova
Geffen Records External links:
Geffen Records – CDs and Vinyl at Discogs
Artists | Geffen Records
Geffen Records – Home | Facebook
Revenue sharing External links:
Revenue sharing — The University of Michigan
Title 30-A, §5681: State-municipal revenue sharing
Revenue sharing (Audiobook on Cassette, 1980) …
Silver bullet External links:
Silver Bullet (1985) – IMDb
Ad serving External links:
What’s New in Ad Serving Technology | Sovrn
NUI Media – Ad Serving | Digital Media | Development
We do ad serving software right | OrbitSoft
Sales tax External links:
Sales Tax Holiday
Taxify – Automated Sales Tax Reporting & Filing Software
Pyramid schemes External links:
Business opportunities and pyramid schemes – …
DATCP Home Consumer Protection Fact Sheet – Pyramid Schemes
Cost Per Action External links:
Improve Your Cost Per Action (CPA) – t3leads
(CPA) Cost Per Action Marketing: What’s it All About?
Cost Per Action (CPA): How to Lower Your CPA in AdWords
Paid search External links:
Paid search isn’t new. – Finch
Paid Search Advertising on AdWords | Google Search Ads
Paid Search & Social Media Platform – SearchForce
Contextual advertising External links:
Contextual Advertising – NOVAFORA, INC.
Media Traffic – CPV PPV Contextual Advertising
Social media marketing External links:
Every social media marketing strategy to grow your business.
Social Media Marketing – Mashable
Likeable Hub App for Social Media Marketing
Code of Conduct External links:
About Us / Student Code of Conduct
Traliant | Workplace Harassment, Code of Conduct Training
We are Caltech – Caltech Code of Conduct
YouTube personalities External links:
YouTube Personalities: Who is MaximBady? – Quora
Shopping directory External links:
Shopping Directory | Seaport District NYC
Reno Shopping Directory | Shoppers Square Reno Mall
SHOPPING DIRECTORY | SEBO Vacuums Online Store
Commission Junction External links:
Affiliate Program – Commission Junction – telescope.com
Biltmore | Commission Junction
Commission Junction – TAN Books
Referral program External links:
Customer Referral Program Software | Referral SaaSquatch
6 Killer Customer Referral Program Ideas – friendbuy.com
Westgate Rewards | Owner Referral Program
Email marketing External links:
Email Marketing for Your Business | Campaign Monitor
Campaign Ideas – Email Marketing Software – Constant Contact
37 Email Marketing Tips – Copyblogger
United Kingdom External links:
Furniture & Home Furnishings | IKEA United Kingdom
Garmin | United Kingdom | Home
Calendar for Year 2017 (United Kingdom) – Time and Date
Pop-up blocker External links:
About the Pop-up Blocker (Internet Explorer)
IE Pop-up Blocker Settings | NWCG Online Training
How to Change Firefox’s Pop-Up Blocker Settings
Pop-up ad External links:
Pop-Up Ad Blockers – Lifewire
How To Remove Unwanted Adware And Pop-Up Ad …
Design-a-thon Nashville 2017 – A pop-up ad agency …
Native advertising External links:
Native Advertising Platform | StackAdapt
Nativo: The Leading Native Advertising Platform
Email Monetization and Native Advertising: Gold Lasso
Word of mouth marketing External links:
Terms of service External links:
Complete Care Terms of Service | Cox Communications
Terms of Service @ American First Finance
Display advertising External links:
CPM Banner / Display Advertising
[PDF]AFP Display Advertising Policies – American Academy …
Search engine indexing External links:
Re-Architecturing Search Engine Indexing Systems for …
Online advertising External links:
NewFire Media | Online Advertising in Augusta GA
Wippl – Caribbean Online Advertising
Price comparison External links:
Cialis 10mg Price Comparison | NoPrescriptionNeeded
Best Tretinoin Cream Price Comparison | 1stDrugstore
Fluoxetine Price Comparison | 1stDrugstore
Cost Per Mille External links:
Cost Per Mille (CPM) – Cleverism
What is Cost Per Mille Advertising (CPM)? – by Dynamic Yield
Ad agency External links:
The Happiest Ad Agency in Des Moines – About Happy Medium
Curious Jane | The Ad Agency for Franchises™
DeVito Verdi – Voted best Ad Agency in US for 6 years
Ad blocking External links:
Adblock Analytics – Gain insights into visitor ad blocking
Alternate DNS – Ad Blocking DNS Server
Ad Muncher: Free ad blocking for all browsers
Viral marketing External links:
Untorch | Viral Marketing Tool for Email Sign Ups
10 Epic Viral Marketing Videos – YouTube
Viral Loops | Viral Marketing Campaigns Made Easy
Online retailers External links:
Online Retailers | CANIDAE®
Search engines External links:
SEO – title for search engines – coosapinesfcu.org
Search Engines (2016) – IMDb
Mobile phone External links:
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
File a Phone Insurance Claim for Your T-Mobile Phone
Reading Glasses on your Mobile Phone | ThinOPTICS
Pay per click External links:
Google AdWords Agency + Pay Per Click Experts, Paid Traffic
Pat’s Marketing – Pay Per Click, SEO, Website Design
pay per click affiliate program & stock market research
Search engine marketing External links:
Marlin Consulting Solutions – Search Engine Marketing …
Minnesota Search Engine Marketing Association – MnSearch
Baidu Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Certification Program
Content marketing External links:
Content Marketing Master Class
User Generated Content Marketing Solution | Yotpo