What is involved in Supply Chain Planning
Find out what the related areas are that Supply Chain Planning connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Supply Chain Planning thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SCP supply chain planning journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SCP supply chain planning leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Supply Chain Planning related domains to cover and 129 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Supply Chain Planning, Supply chain, 10 + 2, 2013 Savar building collapse, Booz Allen Hamilton, Child labor, Cocoa bean, Corporate social responsibility, Dynamic programming, End user, Environmental sustainability, Extended enterprise, Facilities engineering, Food safety, Information technology management, Management system, Material cost, Natural resource, Organizational culture, Paper mill, Paper recycling, Raw material, Residual value, Strategic sourcing, Supply-Chain Operations Reference, Supply chain management, Third-party logistics provider, Value chain, Vertical integration:
Supply Chain Planning Critical Criteria:
Value Supply Chain Planning engagements and prioritize challenges of Supply Chain Planning.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Supply Chain Planning? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Supply Chain Planning processes?
– How do we manage Supply Chain Planning Knowledge Management (KM)?
Supply chain Critical Criteria:
Nurse Supply chain goals and customize techniques for implementing Supply chain controls.
– How is the complex digital supply chain -where multiple downstream providers provide services for each other and data residence and transmission points are increasingly obscure -being dealt with from an audit perspective?
– Now that organizations have fine-tuned human performance, supply chain, operations, processes, cycle time, and other targeted areas, how can they continue to improve performance?
– There is a need to determine where value is added in the supply chain what are the expectations of each stakeholder in the supply chain?
– To change the nature of the relationship in the supply chain where should we go and what leverage opportunity could be applied?
– Among the Supply Chain Planning product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does Supply Chain Integration Mediate the Relationships between Product/Process Strategy and Service Performance?
– How can sluggish supply chains be empowered by IoT to make them more transparent and responsive?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– Do any suppliers in the supply chain have a dominating position?
– What are the usability implications of Supply Chain Planning actions?
– Do your supply chain relationships tend to be longeror shorter-term?
– What and where are the value changes in the supply chain?
– What is our current position within our supply chain?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
– What does the supply chain do with product data?
– In HW, SW & Services we source from a global supply chain?
10 + 2 Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for 10 + 2 leadership and plan concise 10 + 2 education.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Supply Chain Planning experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Supply Chain Planning Management?
2013 Savar building collapse Critical Criteria:
Inquire about 2013 Savar building collapse governance and define what do we need to start doing with 2013 Savar building collapse.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Supply Chain Planning strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Supply Chain Planning project?
Booz Allen Hamilton Critical Criteria:
Debate over Booz Allen Hamilton adoptions and slay a dragon.
– Does Supply Chain Planning create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are there recognized Supply Chain Planning problems?
Child labor Critical Criteria:
Graph Child labor results and customize techniques for implementing Child labor controls.
– What is the purpose of Supply Chain Planning in relation to the mission?
– What about Supply Chain Planning Analysis of results?
Cocoa bean Critical Criteria:
Study Cocoa bean governance and adjust implementation of Cocoa bean.
– How do we know that any Supply Chain Planning analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Supply Chain Planning effort?
– Which Supply Chain Planning goals are the most important?
Corporate social responsibility Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Corporate social responsibility adoptions and perfect Corporate social responsibility conflict management.
– What are the disruptive Supply Chain Planning technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What is the different in meaning if any between the terms Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility?
– What if your company publishes an environmental or corporate social responsibility report?
Dynamic programming Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Dynamic programming results and get the big picture.
– To what extent does management recognize Supply Chain Planning as a tool to increase the results?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Supply Chain Planning leaders?
– Can we do Supply Chain Planning without complex (expensive) analysis?
End user Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on End user failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive End user decisions.
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the calibration lab or calibration contractor provide the end user notification of any out of tolerance conditions?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– From the end users eyes, is it possible for the change to have a major impact on services if problems occur?
– How does the vendor handle software and hardware maintenance, end user support, and maintenance agreements?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Will the change have only minimal or no impact on services provided to the end users if a problem occurs?
– In a project to restructure Supply Chain Planning outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Will the change have only minor impact on services provided to the end users if problems occur?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Supply Chain Planning been identified and analyzed?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Supply Chain Planning processes?
– Is the change needed to restore immediate service to the end user?
– Will the change be visible only to a small group of end users?
– Will the change be visible to a large number of end users?
– How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– Is the change visible to all end users?
Environmental sustainability Critical Criteria:
Match Environmental sustainability goals and proactively manage Environmental sustainability risks.
– Do we monitor the Supply Chain Planning decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is our formula for success in Supply Chain Planning ?
– How do we maintain Supply Chain Plannings Integrity?
Extended enterprise Critical Criteria:
Chat re Extended enterprise decisions and learn.
– Is Supporting Supply Chain Planning documentation required?
Facilities engineering Critical Criteria:
Value Facilities engineering quality and acquire concise Facilities engineering education.
– Who will provide the final approval of Supply Chain Planning deliverables?
Food safety Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Food safety engagements and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Food safety.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Supply Chain Planning goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is there any existing Supply Chain Planning governance structure?
Information technology management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Information technology management decisions and gather Information technology management models .
– Think of your Supply Chain Planning project. what are the main functions?
– What threat is Supply Chain Planning addressing?
– Are we Assessing Supply Chain Planning and Risk?
Management system Critical Criteria:
Participate in Management system goals and differentiate in coordinating Management system.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Supply Chain Planning does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the primary pain points of our current Learning Management system, or what are the top 3-4 features that need to be improved?
– How might a persons various social network profiles be useful for learning education and or training?
– What to do when a user is Finished with their lms training and still has questions?
– What is the current thinking in the e learning community about Learning Objects?
– Can specialized social networks replace learning management systems?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
– What learning management system do you currently have now?
– Additional systems we should consider in our analysis?
– How can you measure Supply Chain Planning in a systematic way?
– Do we have Production-ready content?
– What drives successful e-learning?
– How many e learning systems are there?
– What can an LMS offer us?
– What drives successful e-learning?
– Where is content stored?
Material cost Critical Criteria:
Explore Material cost outcomes and separate what are the business goals Material cost is aiming to achieve.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Supply Chain Planning leader?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Supply Chain Planning? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How likely is the current Supply Chain Planning plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Natural resource Critical Criteria:
Review Natural resource management and ask questions.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Supply Chain Planning that make it risky?
Organizational culture Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Organizational culture results and spearhead techniques for implementing Organizational culture.
– What do we need to know, and how do we get the information required to answer this question, especially with regard to our organizational culture, technological roadmap, and where both organizations are moving in the long term?
– How is the way you as the leader think and process information affecting your organizational culture?
– How important is Supply Chain Planning to the user organizations mission?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– What are our Supply Chain Planning Processes?
Paper mill Critical Criteria:
Review Paper mill adoptions and do something to it.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Supply Chain Planning strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Supply Chain Planning project manager?
– What is Effective Supply Chain Planning?
Paper recycling Critical Criteria:
Chart Paper recycling decisions and devise Paper recycling key steps.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Supply Chain Planning project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Supply Chain Planning project lifecycle?
– How do we keep improving Supply Chain Planning?
Raw material Critical Criteria:
Devise Raw material planning and separate what are the business goals Raw material is aiming to achieve.
– How do we Improve Supply Chain Planning service perception, and satisfaction?
Residual value Critical Criteria:
Examine Residual value strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Supply Chain Planning project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Supply Chain Planning workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Strategic sourcing Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Strategic sourcing outcomes and create a map for yourself.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Supply Chain Planning is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Supply Chain Planning objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Supply-Chain Operations Reference Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Supply-Chain Operations Reference outcomes and drive action.
– How will you measure your Supply Chain Planning effectiveness?
– How would one define Supply Chain Planning leadership?
– How can the value of Supply Chain Planning be defined?
Supply chain management Critical Criteria:
Probe Supply chain management management and look at it backwards.
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– Will Supply Chain Planning deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Third-party logistics provider Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Third-party logistics provider results and look for lots of ideas.
– In the case of a Supply Chain Planning project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Supply Chain Planning project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Supply Chain Planning project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Value chain projects and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Value chain information.
– When a Supply Chain Planning manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Vertical integration Critical Criteria:
Read up on Vertical integration engagements and spearhead techniques for implementing Vertical integration.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Supply Chain Planning process?
– What are internal and external Supply Chain Planning relations?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SCP supply chain planning Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Supply Chain Planning External links:
Advanced Supply Chain Planning – Introduction (ASCP) – …
Supply Chain Planning Software | Demandcaster
SCP (supply chain planning) – Gartner IT Glossary
Supply chain External links:
Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Order …
ArrowStream | Rethink Your Supply Chain
Logistics Supply Chain Management System
2013 Savar building collapse External links:
2013 Savar Building Collapse by Anna cruz on Prezi
Booz Allen Hamilton External links:
Commercial careers Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton
Cleared professionals Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton
Booz Allen Hamilton Marketing Solutions Catalog – …
Child labor External links:
Child Labor Work Hour Restrictions | Department of Labor
Cocoa bean External links:
Black Mountain Chocolate – Handcrafted from cocoa bean …
The Cocoa Bean Bakery – We Make Cakes
Cocoa Bean Geneva
Corporate social responsibility External links:
Corporate Social Responsibility | Microsoft
Corporate Social Responsibility | The Aerospace …
2016 Corporate Social Responsibility Report – U.S. Bank
Dynamic programming External links:
Algorithms – Lecture 10: Dynamic Programming, Matrix …
Dynamic Programming Practice Problems
algorithm – What is dynamic programming? – Stack Overflow
End user External links:
CWPS End User Training Portal – Authentication Required
UI updates for Intune end user apps | Microsoft Docs
ShoreTel | Support – End User Training
Environmental sustainability External links:
Environmental Sustainability – Warren Wilson College
Extended enterprise External links:
Extended Enterprise – The Woodbridge Group
Extended Enterprise Management 2008.1 – Sign In
Facilities engineering External links:
Facilities Engineering | Massachusetts Maritime Academy
[PDF]Facilities Engineering Army Facilities Management
Facilities Engineering and Real Property Division
Food safety External links:
Beef Industry Food Safety Council – Home
Food Handling and Food Safety Certification | Safe Check
Lexington-Fayette Food Safety Training | …
Management system External links:
Meditrek: Medical Education Management System
Stewart Underwriter Management System
SLMS – New York Statewide Learning Management System
Material cost External links:
Material Cost Analysis – pVelocity
A material cost 400 yen camber gauge product looked – …
Material Cost Differentiation Matters! – YouTube
Natural resource External links:
Michigan Department of Natural Resources – Official Site
Department of Natural Resource Management | South …
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources: Minnesota …
Organizational culture External links:
Organizational Culture and Leadership | gothamCulture
What Is Organizational Culture? | CultureIQ
Organizational Culture – PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT
Paper mill External links:
The Honeymooners – Paper Mill Playhouse
Paper Mill Playhouse – Official Site
Shawano Paper Mill | Shawano Paper Mill
Paper recycling External links:
[PDF]Paper Recycling Do’s and Don’ts jessi – Stony Brook …
Progress In Paper Recycling – Appleton, WI 54913-7111
Racine, WI Paper Recycling Centers – Yellowpages.com
Raw material External links:
Raw Material | Definition of Raw Material by Merriam-Webster
Residual value External links:
EquipmentWatch Residual Value Awards
Residual Value Awards – ALG
Residual Value – Investopedia
Strategic sourcing External links:
VCCS Strategic Sourcing Jobs Title
[PDF]What is Strategic Sourcing? – University of Michigan
Supply-Chain Operations Reference External links:
[PDF]Supply-Chain Operations Reference-model
Supply chain management External links:
Supply Chain Management Jobs – APICS Career Center
Biagi Bros – SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Value chain External links:
The Value Chain Academy | Start
Value Chain – Investopedia
Downloads | Rethinking the Value Chain
Vertical integration External links:
Vertical Integration – Investopedia
Vertical Integration: Definition, Examples, Pros, Cons