What is involved in Process mining
Find out what the related areas are that Process mining connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process mining thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Process mining journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Process mining leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process mining related domains to cover and 130 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process mining, Business Activity Monitoring, Business Operations Management, Business Process Discovery, Business Process Management, Business process, Business process engineering, Business process intelligence, Business process model, Cloud computing, Computer data logging, Conformance checking, Data mining, Data visualization, Database trigger, Electronic health record, Enterprise resource planning, Intention mining, Petri net, Pi-calculus, Prior probability, Process management, Scientific workflow system, Sequence mining, Wil van der Aalst, Workflow, Workflow Management System, ?-calculus:
Process mining Critical Criteria:
Pilot Process mining tactics and work towards be a leading Process mining expert.
– How likely is the current Process mining plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we know that any Process mining analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Business Activity Monitoring Critical Criteria:
Model after Business Activity Monitoring quality and correct better engagement with Business Activity Monitoring results.
– To what extent does management recognize Process mining as a tool to increase the results?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Process mining processes?
Business Operations Management Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Business Operations Management leadership and create Business Operations Management explanations for all managers.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Process mining project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Process mining project lifecycle?
– How will you measure your Process mining effectiveness?
– How do we go about Securing Process mining?
Business Process Discovery Critical Criteria:
Discuss Business Process Discovery decisions and gather Business Process Discovery models .
– Think of your Process mining project. what are the main functions?
– Which Process mining goals are the most important?
Business Process Management Critical Criteria:
Grasp Business Process Management outcomes and gather Business Process Management models .
– Do we monitor the Process mining decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What vendors make products that address the Process mining needs?
– What are all of our Process mining domains and what do they do?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Recall Business process leadership and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Business process information.
– Do we identify maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions, acceptable levels of data loss and backlogged transactions, RTOs, RPOs, recovery of the critical path (i.e., business processes or systems that should receive the highest priority), and the costs associated with downtime? Are the approved thresholds appropriate?
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– To what extent will this product open up for subsequent add-on products, e.g. business process outsourcing services built on top of a program-as-a-service offering?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– Will Process mining deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
– What/how are business processes defined?
– What is the business process?
Business process engineering Critical Criteria:
Pilot Business process engineering goals and define what do we need to start doing with Business process engineering.
– In the case of a Process mining project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Process mining project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Process mining project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Process mining is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Process mining is underway?
Business process intelligence Critical Criteria:
Gauge Business process intelligence tactics and drive action.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Process mining workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Think about the functions involved in your Process mining project. what processes flow from these functions?
Business process model Critical Criteria:
Drive Business process model tactics and revise understanding of Business process model architectures.
– Does Process mining analysis show the relationships among important Process mining factors?
– Is there any existing Process mining governance structure?
– Why are Process mining skills important?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Cloud computing goals and display thorough understanding of the Cloud computing process.
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– Is cloud computing a threat to the real sense of ownership?
– What defines a true cloud solution versus the quasi cloud?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– Networks that are flexible, well-performing, and secure?
– What are the practical limitations to cloud technology?
– Which is better for business open or closed clouds?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– How technically mature is the standard?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
Computer data logging Critical Criteria:
Explore Computer data logging results and create a map for yourself.
– How can the value of Process mining be defined?
– What is Effective Process mining?
Conformance checking Critical Criteria:
Scan Conformance checking projects and probe the present value of growth of Conformance checking.
– How is the value delivered by Process mining being measured?
– What are internal and external Process mining relations?
– How to Secure Process mining?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Dissect Data mining risks and find the essential reading for Data mining researchers.
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Process mining opportunities costing us money?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Confer re Data visualization engagements and define Data visualization competency-based leadership.
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Process mining products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Process mining?
– What are specific Process mining Rules to follow?
Database trigger Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Database trigger quality and optimize Database trigger leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Process mining processes?
– Among the Process mining product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Electronic health record Critical Criteria:
Confer re Electronic health record planning and create a map for yourself.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Process mining with what users do day-to-day?
– Are accountability and ownership for Process mining clearly defined?
– How do we go about Comparing Process mining approaches/solutions?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Enterprise resource planning failures and check on ways to get started with Enterprise resource planning.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Process mining process?
– What are the business goals Process mining is aiming to achieve?
Intention mining Critical Criteria:
Shape Intention mining quality and report on setting up Intention mining without losing ground.
– Think about the people you identified for your Process mining project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Process mining moving forward?
– What are the usability implications of Process mining actions?
Petri net Critical Criteria:
Use past Petri net outcomes and display thorough understanding of the Petri net process.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Process mining services/products?
– Who sets the Process mining standards?
Pi-calculus Critical Criteria:
Own Pi-calculus decisions and overcome Pi-calculus skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How can we improve Process mining?
Prior probability Critical Criteria:
Map Prior probability adoptions and maintain Prior probability for success.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Process mining processes of our organization?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Process mining activities?
– How much does Process mining help?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Review Process management visions and point out Process management tensions in leadership.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Is Supporting Process mining documentation required?
– Is a Process mining Team Work effort in place?
Scientific workflow system Critical Criteria:
Grade Scientific workflow system visions and proactively manage Scientific workflow system risks.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Process mining project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Process mining been identified and analyzed?
– Are there Process mining Models?
Sequence mining Critical Criteria:
Add value to Sequence mining planning and describe the risks of Sequence mining sustainability.
– Do those selected for the Process mining team have a good general understanding of what Process mining is all about?
Wil van der Aalst Critical Criteria:
Focus on Wil van der Aalst management and figure out ways to motivate other Wil van der Aalst users.
– How do we Improve Process mining service perception, and satisfaction?
Workflow Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Workflow visions and raise human resource and employment practices for Workflow.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– Have you captured the workflow (which conceptualizes the data inputs, transformations, and analytical steps to achieve the final data output)?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– In what ways are Process mining vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Who will provide the final approval of Process mining deliverables?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– Have all basic functions of Process mining been defined?
– What happens to workflows?
Workflow Management System Critical Criteria:
Audit Workflow Management System risks and proactively manage Workflow Management System risks.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Process mining objectives?
– Do we have past Process mining Successes?
?-calculus Critical Criteria:
Audit ?-calculus strategies and oversee ?-calculus requirements.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Process mining project manager?
– What is our Process mining Strategy?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Process mining Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process mining External links:
LANA Process Mining | Automated Conformance Analysis
PROCESSGOLD – Professional Process Mining Software
Business Activity Monitoring External links:
Oracle Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
Business Activity Monitoring | Manufacturing Software | …
KnowledgeSync – The Leader in Business Activity Monitoring
Business Operations Management External links:
Wrike – Business Operations Management
Business Operations Management | Accenture
Business Operations Management, Certificate – Santa Fe College
Business Process Discovery External links:
Preparing for Business Process Discovery (Free) | …
Business Process Management External links:
The Process Consultant – Business Process Management
Naviant – Business Process Management
Business Process Management Webinars | Appian
Business process External links:
20 Best Title:(business Process Manager) jobs (Hiring …
ProcessPlan – Business Process Manager
Onshore credit to cash business process outsourcing
Business process engineering External links:
[PDF]Business Process Engineering – benchi.store
Business process intelligence External links:
Business Process Intelligence – IGI Global
Business process intelligence (2009) | www.narcis.nl
Business Process Intelligence | Information Systems
Business process model External links:
[PDF]The Business Process Model – DecisionCraft
Business Process Model with SIMPROCESS
Business Process Modeling – WhatIs.com
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
DiamondIT – Cloud Computing
Computer data logging External links:
[PDF]Computer Data Logging Formats
Popular Computer Data Logging-Buy Cheap Computer …
computer data logging Price – Aliexpress
Data mining External links:
Data mining techniques (Book, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Data Mining – RMIT University
Data visualization External links:
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
Financial Data Visualization, Personalized Videos …
Database trigger External links:
Database trigger that communicates with an external program
Electronic health record External links:
Paragon Electronic Health Record (EHR) System | McKesson
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software | Sage US
Enterprise resource planning software and ERP system …
MDConnect | Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Petri net External links:
Petri Net modeling and simulation program – YouTube
Colored Petri Net – How is Colored Petri Net abbreviated?
Adil Akhter – Orchestrate ING with Petri Net – YouTube
Pi-calculus External links:
A distributed pi-calculus (Book, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
A distributed pi-calculus (eBook, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
Prior probability External links:
Bayes’ Theorem for Everyone 04 – Prior Probability – YouTube
Process management External links:
Naviant – Business Process Management
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
BP3 | Business Process Management
Scientific workflow system External links:
A scientific workflow system for genomic data analysis
Sequence mining External links:
Transform-Based Similarity Methods For Sequence Mining
Wil van der Aalst External links:
Wil van der Aalst – Google Scholar Citations
Wil van der Aalst | Facebook
Wil van der Aalst (@wvdaalst) | Twitter
Workflow Management System External links:
Workflow Management System & Software | Loffler …
Dashboard – Pegasus Workflow Management System