What is involved in PaaS
Find out what the related areas are that PaaS connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a PaaS thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Serverless PaaS journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Serverless PaaS leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which PaaS related domains to cover and 133 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
PaaS, The Guardian, App Engine, VMware vCloud Air, Hardware virtualization, Virtual Machine Manager, Network as a service, Relational database, Beta launch, Yankee Group, Mobile Backend as a service, Engine Yard, G Suite, Rackspace Cloud, Red Hat, EMC Atmos, Distributed file system for cloud, EXo Platform, Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand, Amazon Web Services, HPE Helion, Computer memory, Microsoft Azure, IBM cloud computing, Java runtime, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, Old Street, Cloud computing, Apache CloudStack, PaaS, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, Computer network, Serverless computing, Canon Inc., Software appliance, Google App Engine, Operating system, Network World, Zadara Storage, Forrester Research, Comparison of structured storage software, Virtual private cloud, Inktank Storage, Pivotal Software, Software as a service:
PaaS Critical Criteria:
Audit PaaS tactics and do something to it.
– Are there existing offerings in the SaaS, IaaS, or PaaS spaces which can potentially provide what we need?
– Do you really care about the Service Level Agreement sla of your underlying cloud platform paas or iaas?
– How likely is the current PaaS plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is PaaS Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Does PaaS analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Does the migration include any PaaS solutions?
The Guardian Critical Criteria:
Check The Guardian planning and learn.
– What management system can we use to leverage the PaaS experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are our PaaS Processes?
App Engine Critical Criteria:
Illustrate App Engine tactics and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in App Engine.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if PaaS does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we measure improved PaaS service perception, and satisfaction?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct VMware vCloud Air outcomes and transcribe VMware vCloud Air as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What vendors make products that address the PaaS needs?
– How do we Improve PaaS service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who needs to know about PaaS ?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Derive from Hardware virtualization tasks and find out what it really means.
– Will PaaS have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What is the total cost related to deploying PaaS, including any consulting or professional services?
– How can you negotiate PaaS successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Virtual Machine Manager tasks and work towards be a leading Virtual Machine Manager expert.
– In the case of a PaaS project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a PaaS project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any PaaS project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are there recognized PaaS problems?
– Are we Assessing PaaS and Risk?
Network as a service Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Network as a service issues and look for lots of ideas.
– what is the best design framework for PaaS organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding PaaS?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether PaaS goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Relational database Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Relational database goals and optimize Relational database leadership as a key to advancement.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in PaaS?
– What are the barriers to increased PaaS production?
Beta launch Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Beta launch failures and perfect Beta launch conflict management.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about PaaS. How do we gain traction?
– Have all basic functions of PaaS been defined?
Yankee Group Critical Criteria:
Boost Yankee Group projects and grade techniques for implementing Yankee Group controls.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to PaaS? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Mobile Backend as a service Critical Criteria:
Drive Mobile Backend as a service management and oversee Mobile Backend as a service requirements.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic PaaS objectives?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Engine Yard engagements and be persistent.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our PaaS agendas for the next 3 years?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed PaaS opportunities costing us money?
– When a PaaS manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Inquire about G Suite adoptions and achieve a single G Suite view and bringing data together.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a PaaS process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the PaaS process available?
– In a project to restructure PaaS outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Unify Rackspace Cloud issues and research ways can we become the Rackspace Cloud company that would put us out of business.
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
– How can you measure PaaS in a systematic way?
Red Hat Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Red Hat engagements and improve Red Hat service perception.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once PaaS is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we go about Comparing PaaS approaches/solutions?
– What about PaaS Analysis of results?
EMC Atmos Critical Criteria:
Discuss EMC Atmos issues and define EMC Atmos competency-based leadership.
– Is maximizing PaaS protection the same as minimizing PaaS loss?
– Who sets the PaaS standards?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Graph Distributed file system for cloud leadership and customize techniques for implementing Distributed file system for cloud controls.
– Is there a PaaS Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting PaaS with what users do day-to-day?
– How to Secure PaaS?
EXo Platform Critical Criteria:
Guard EXo Platform failures and catalog what business benefits will EXo Platform goals deliver if achieved.
– Think about the functions involved in your PaaS project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What threat is PaaS addressing?
– Are there PaaS Models?
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand Critical Criteria:
Pilot Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand risks and define what our big hairy audacious Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand goal is.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving PaaS forward?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom PaaS project?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Amazon Web Services risks and integrate design thinking in Amazon Web Services innovation.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect PaaS workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good PaaS project manager?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
HPE Helion Critical Criteria:
Define HPE Helion goals and display thorough understanding of the HPE Helion process.
– Are there PaaS problems defined?
Computer memory Critical Criteria:
Steer Computer memory strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective PaaS leader?
– How do mission and objectives affect the PaaS processes of our organization?
– Does our organization need more PaaS education?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Microsoft Azure failures and document what potential Microsoft Azure megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your PaaS activities?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Review IBM cloud computing issues and mentor IBM cloud computing customer orientation.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing PaaS?
Java runtime Critical Criteria:
Learn from Java runtime quality and describe the risks of Java runtime sustainability.
– Which customers cant participate in our PaaS domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does PaaS create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do the PaaS decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Understand Abiquo Enterprise Edition adoptions and get answers.
– What are current PaaS Paradigms?
Old Street Critical Criteria:
Mine Old Street failures and arbitrate Old Street techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Is the PaaS organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its PaaS processes?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Chat re Cloud computing tactics and reduce Cloud computing costs.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– What are the existing or planned mechanisms to assess the interoperability of different vendor implementations?
– Have you considered that incident detection and response can be more complicated in a cloud-based environment?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– What does it take to become a cloud computing provider, and why would a company consider becoming one?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– Is cloud computing affecting traditional hardware vendors?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– How does BYOD affect security in the cloud?
– How technically mature is the standard?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Scan Apache CloudStack results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Apache CloudStack information.
– What is Effective PaaS?
PaaS Critical Criteria:
Transcribe PaaS tasks and plan concise PaaS education.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once PaaS is underway?
– What potential environmental factors impact the PaaS effort?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Derive from Google Docs, Sheets and Slides failures and work towards be a leading Google Docs, Sheets and Slides expert.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the PaaS process?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Boost Computer network quality and create a map for yourself.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Why is PaaS important for you now?
– Do we have past PaaS Successes?
Serverless computing Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Serverless computing decisions and finalize specific methods for Serverless computing acceptance.
Canon Inc. Critical Criteria:
Define Canon Inc. tasks and correct Canon Inc. management by competencies.
– What is our formula for success in PaaS ?
Software appliance Critical Criteria:
Align Software appliance tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Software appliance projects.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of PaaS product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these PaaS processes?
– How do we know that any PaaS analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Google App Engine Critical Criteria:
Explore Google App Engine visions and test out new things.
– Are assumptions made in PaaS stated explicitly?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Operating system risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Operating system.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– What is our PaaS Strategy?
Network World Critical Criteria:
Deduce Network World adoptions and catalog what business benefits will Network World goals deliver if achieved.
– What are the key elements of your PaaS performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
Scan Zadara Storage tactics and track iterative Zadara Storage results.
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Read up on Forrester Research projects and find out what it really means.
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Focus on Comparison of structured storage software risks and improve Comparison of structured storage software service perception.
– How can we improve PaaS?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Virtual private cloud leadership and change contexts.
Inktank Storage Critical Criteria:
Start Inktank Storage risks and revise understanding of Inktank Storage architectures.
– Among the PaaS product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the PaaS process?
Pivotal Software Critical Criteria:
Debate over Pivotal Software strategies and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Pivotal Software.
– How much does PaaS help?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Guide Software as a service planning and figure out ways to motivate other Software as a service users.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Serverless PaaS Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
The Guardian External links:
The Guardian – Home | Facebook
The Guardian (@guardian) | Twitter
The Guardian (TV Series 2001–2004) – IMDb
App Engine External links:
[PDF]Google App Engine Using Templates – University of …
[PDF]App Engine Tutorial – nonpaint.store
Developing Scalable Apps with Google App Engine | …
VMware vCloud Air External links:
VMware vCloud Air
VMware vCloud Air 5-minute Elevator Pitch with Q&A – YouTube
VMware vCloud Air
Hardware virtualization External links:
[Update] Bypass The Hardware Virtualization …
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
Virtual Machine Manager Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Virtual Machine Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Virtual Machine Manager Download
Network as a service External links:
Nuvem Networks: the network as a service company®
Network As A Service Solution For Cities – Silver Spring
Network as a Service | Viptela
Relational database External links:
Introduction to Relational Databases — DatabaseJournal.com
Relational Databases – ScienceDirect
Access isn’t a relational database • The Register
Beta launch External links:
Red Beta Launch | Virgin America
Dreadnought PS4 Open Beta Launch Trailer – IGN Video
Marvel Heroes Omega – Open Beta Launch Trailer | PS4 – …
Yankee Group External links:
Yankee Group Research, Inc.: quotes & news – Google …
Yankee Group – Home | Facebook
Mobile Backend as a service External links:
MSCT Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS) | Mobile …
Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS) | Microsoft Azure
Engine Yard External links:
Engine Yard – Roblox
Coming Soon to Engine Yard: MongoDB, PostgreSQL 9 – ReadWrite
The Engine Yard Village – Home | Facebook
G Suite External links:
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® – Google
G Suite (formerly Google Apps) | Cedarville University
G Suite – Gmail, Drive, Docs and More
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Cloud Files API 1.0 – Rackspace Developer Portal
Red Hat External links:
Your Orange County Limo Service | Red Hat Limousine
Red Hat Society – Official Site
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WFONE Port 8080 Test Page
EMC Atmos External links:
Free EMC Atmos Fundamentals e-learning – DECN
[PDF]EMC ATMOS CLOUD STORAGE
EMC Atmos GeoDrive
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
MeshFS: A distributed file system for cloud-based …
MeshFS: A distributed file system for cloud-based …
Distributed file system for cloud – broom02.revolvy.com
broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Distributed file system for cloud
EXo Platform External links:
eXo Platform Reviews | G2 Crowd
eXo Platform – Home | Facebook
eXo Platform – Google+
Amazon Web Services External links:
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
HPE Helion External links:
Login – HPE Helion OpenStack
Computer memory External links:
Computer Memory – RAM | TigerDirect.com
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Microsoft Azure Pass
Java runtime External links:
How to Change Java Runtime: 12 Steps (with Pictures) – …
User ID: – Zulu Java Runtime
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Abiquo Enterprise Edition | crunchbase
OvumAbiquo – Abiquo Enterprise Edition – Ovum
Old Street External links:
61-67 Old Street
Old Street Office Space – 41 Corsham St. | WeWork
Old Street Restaurant – Malahide, Co. Dublin | OpenTable
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
ClearDATA – Secure, HIPAA Compliant Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Apache CloudStack External links:
Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing
Marketing – Apache Cloudstack – Apache Software …
PaaS External links:
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Azure PaaS | Kirk Evans Blog | Page 3
Predix | Industrial Cloud-Based Platform (PaaS) | GE Digital
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides External links:
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides – adelphi.edu
Computer network External links:
Computer Networks – Journal – Elsevier
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Serverless computing External links:
Serverless Computing – Amazon Web Services
Serverless Computing | Microsoft Azure
Canon Inc. External links:
Canon Inc. – Android Apps on Google Play
Google App Engine External links:
Developing Scalable Apps with Google App Engine | …
Google App Engine – Download
Google App Engine Documentation – Google Cloud Platform
Operating system External links:
nCino Bank Operating System
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
Which Windows operating system am I running? – …
Network World External links:
Novosti mira – Information and advertising network World …
DNSHighWay Our Network World Map power by HostingBuY
Network World – Home | Facebook
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage Cube – 60TB Block and File storage
Zadara Storage (@ZadaraStorage) | Twitter
Zadara Storage Executives, Organizational Chart, …
Forrester Research External links:
Calabrio Named a Leader by Forrester Research, Inc.
Forrester Research · Forrester
Comparison of structured storage software External links:
Comparison of structured storage software explained
Comparison of structured storage software – WOW.com
Virtual private cloud External links:
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) | Google Cloud Platform
Virtual Network – Virtual Private Cloud | Microsoft Azure
Pivotal Software External links:
Pivotal Software Inc: Company Profile – Bloomberg
Pivotal Insights by Pivotal Software on Apple Podcasts
Job Application for Transformation Lead at Pivotal Software
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure