What is involved in Test management
Find out what the related areas are that Test management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Test management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Test management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Test management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Test management related domains to cover and 133 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Test management, Automation, Bug tracking, Bugzilla, Mantis Bug Tracker, Project management, Requirement, Software, Software as a service, Software bug, Software testing, Specification, System under test, Test automation management tools, Test case, Test management tools, Test plan, Traceability matrix:
Test management Critical Criteria:
Think about Test management adoptions and catalog what business benefits will Test management goals deliver if achieved.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Test management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Test management project lifecycle?
– How can you negotiate Test management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Test management project manager?
Automation Critical Criteria:
Survey Automation tasks and innovate what needs to be done with Automation.
– Why is it the case that crm sfa sales force automation and hr systems are moving to cloud while scm manufacturing financial packages or systems are not moving to cloud?
– What is meant by compliance, and how does it help promote the right behaviors and discourage undesirable ones?
– Do you have visibility to the sales pipeline and project backlog to quickly and accurately forecast demand?
– Have you considered using a strategic partner to improve efficiency while boosting the bottom line?
– What relationships must an employee manage, and what key ethical issues can arise in each?
– What number would you put on the performance gains you expect to see from moving to PsA?
– Does it take too long to manually collect time and expense to bill clients?
– Are the right resources being assigned to the right projects?
– Does the regulatory framework support trade liberalization?
– Training requirements: which workshops do I need to take?
– Do I charge the same fees for public and private clients?
– Which executives will oversee selection and deployment?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– What do I do when asked: can you get the cost down?
– What integration tools does the vendor provide?
– How can we better explain our fees to clients?
– What is a customer-member centric business?
– What do you need to operate your business?
– Do we have sales force automation?
– Do I need professional services?
Bug tracking Critical Criteria:
Pilot Bug tracking tasks and overcome Bug tracking skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Test management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Test management opportunities costing us money?
Bugzilla Critical Criteria:
Sort Bugzilla risks and report on the economics of relationships managing Bugzilla and constraints.
– How do we manage Test management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are specific Test management Rules to follow?
– How would one define Test management leadership?
Mantis Bug Tracker Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Mantis Bug Tracker goals and prioritize challenges of Mantis Bug Tracker.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Test management in a volatile global economy?
– What are the long-term Test management goals?
– What is Effective Test management?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Project management issues and question.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Why would anyone want to discard the benefits of collocated teams?
– What is meant by an integrative approach to project management?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What is the Technical aspect of Project Management?
– What about when our context is not so simple?
– How familiar are we with Agile project management?
– What is agile project management?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
– What is Project Management?
– When does a project begin and end?
– Who is a customer?
Requirement Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Requirement adoptions and find answers.
– Discovery/subpoena: Is the information managed in the cloud in a way that will enable the organization to comply with legal requirements in case of legal proceedings?
– Message Integrity: Are requirements for ensuring authenticity and protecting message integrity in applications identified, and appropriate controls identified and implemented?
– Can cloud service providers offer the flexibility to provide availability service levels in line with the customers requirements?
– Are we specifically expressing Cybersecurity requirements to our partners, suppliers, and other third parties?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if a change request is not executed?
– Is your organizations business affected by regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements?
– Is there a requirement to measure and evaluate the usage of internal and/or external information?
– Is there a requirement to measure and evaluate the volume of information being generated?
– Under what conditions are managers an absolute requirement in an agile environment?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all requirements documents available and current?
– What are the security information requirements of Cybersecurity stakeholders?
– What are the solvency and financial protection requirements for ACOs?
– What are the reputation requirements of an Internet of objects?
– How to you ensure compliance with client legal requirements?
– Will there be requirements on call and screen recording?
– What are the requirements for ACOs to partner with CPs?
– Are the requirements mapped to one or more user needs?
– Additional important requirements we should add?
– Are original requirements being satisfied?
Software Critical Criteria:
Audit Software quality and find the essential reading for Software researchers.
– With this new, full-stack approach to software delivery comes new opportunity for delay. DevOps was developed as a reaction to the long lead times required for infrastructure provisioning and integration with bureaucracy-laden ITIL processes. But what are these new sources of delay in the software development lifecycle?
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– Think about the people you identified for your Test management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Can your software connect to all forms of data, from text and excel files to cloud and enterprise-grade databases, with a few clicks?
– Are Hardware and softwarea legacy components sufficient to support the task of integrating large and complex sets of information?
– What are the existing tasks, methods and techniques to enable migration of legacy on-premise software to the cloud?
– Can we answer questions like: Is the right version of the compiler and other software tools specified?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– Does your software facilitate the setting of thresholds and provide alerts to users?
– Can software really help us generate successful new product ideas?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– What does software development maturity really mean?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Does the software utilize a responsive design?
– How good are our agile methods?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Drive Software as a service failures and find answers.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Test management?
– Does Test management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Does Test management analysis show the relationships among important Test management factors?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Software bug Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Software bug quality and define what our big hairy audacious Software bug goal is.
– Is the scope of Test management defined?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Software testing projects and correct better engagement with Software testing results.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Test management is underway?
– Is there a Test management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Specification Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Specification risks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Specification skills.
– Can visitors/customers easily find all relevant information about your products (e.g., prices, options, technical specifications, quantities, shipping information, order status) on your website?
– With the traditional approach to data migration, delays due to specification changes are an expected (and accepted) part of most projects. does this sound familiar?
– Does each piece of measuring and test equipment used to determine compliance with customer technical specifications have a calibration/inspection record?
– How do you identify the information basis for later specification of performance or acceptance criteria?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– What technical specifications should we build into our infrastructure to produce quality data?
– Do we collect and manipulate source data into a mutually agreed upon flat-file specification?
– Have security requirements been identified and compared against product specifications?
– Can we automatically create RTL glue logic from port specifications ?
– What vendors make products that address the Test management needs?
– What are the job descriptions and specifications for the staff?
– Does data meet the specifications you assumed?
– Is a formal specification complete?
System under test Critical Criteria:
See the value of System under test management and customize techniques for implementing System under test controls.
– Do the Test management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Do Test management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Test automation management tools Critical Criteria:
Focus on Test automation management tools failures and look at it backwards.
– Which customers cant participate in our Test management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does Test management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Test management? There might be some that are less obvious?
Test case Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Test case planning and question.
– Is Test management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Are assumptions made in Test management stated explicitly?
– Are all identified requirements allocated to test cases?
– How can we improve Test management?
Test management tools Critical Criteria:
X-ray Test management tools visions and create Test management tools explanations for all managers.
– Among the Test management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How will you measure your Test management effectiveness?
Test plan Critical Criteria:
Test Test plan projects and reduce Test plan costs.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Test management agendas for the next 3 years?
– Can we answer questions like: Are the test plan and results available?
– How can skill-level changes improve Test management?
Traceability matrix Critical Criteria:
Design Traceability matrix failures and display thorough understanding of the Traceability matrix process.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Test management. How do we gain traction?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Test management ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Test management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Automation External links:
Rockwell Automation Activation
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems | Control4
Smart Home Automation | Savant
Bug tracking External links:
Painless Bug Tracking – Joel on Software
Bug Tracking Process – Joomla! Documentation
A Simple Bug Tracking & Visual Feedback Tool · DebugMe
Bugzilla External links:
Welcome to Bugzilla – Modern Systems
Welcome to Bugzilla – TMEIC
Bugzilla Main Page – Xamarin’s Bugzilla
Mantis Bug Tracker External links:
Mantis Bug Tracker – Download
Mantis Bug Tracker (@mantisbt) | Twitter
What Is Mantis Bug Tracker? – YouTube
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Project management software, online collaboration: Basecamp
PMP Training | Project Management Academy
Requirement External links:
[DOC]Title Insurance Requirements – Fannie Mae
New Minimum Wage Phase in Requirement 2017-2023 …
Browser Requirement – eSYSCO
Software External links:
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
InSite SiteWork Excavation Software Overview
Insite Software | Built for B2B™
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Software bug External links:
Software Bug Report – Formsite
iPad software bug fix? | Verizon Community
ZyXEL to Issue Fix for LTE3301-Q222 Software Bug
Software testing External links:
Software Testing & QA Services Company – Testlio
Quality Assurance & Software Testing- Reston VA
Software Testing Certification Information – ASTQB …
Specification External links:
Goodman Product Specification Literature Library
Goodman Product Specification Literature Library
Specification Grade Lighting Manufacturer | Bartco Lighting
System under test External links:
[PDF]NAME OF THE SYSTEM UNDER TEST INTEGRATED …
Test automation management tools External links:
test automation management tools free download – SourceForge
Test case External links:
Test Case | Software Testing Fundamentals
Electric Grid Test Case Repository
Test management tools External links:
Market Guide for Test Management Tools – Gartner Inc.
Test Management Tools | Zephyr Products
PractiTest: Software Testing & QA Test Management Tools
Test plan External links:
Level 3 Master Test Plan Example – DICOM Homepage
Creating and Defining a Test Plan – msdn.microsoft.com
[DOC]Test Plan – RIT
Traceability matrix External links:
FastVal Traceability Matrix | Ofni Systems
[PDF]ACES TRACEABILITY MATRIX Business Objective …