What is involved in Public Procurement
Find out what the related areas are that Public Procurement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Public Procurement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Public Procurement journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Public Procurement leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Public Procurement related domains to cover and 139 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Public Procurement, World Customs Organization, Trade agreement, Boyko Borisov, Tariff-rate quota, Public procurement law, Bulgarian government, Import license, Bulgarian Parliament, Countervailing duties, National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Technical barriers to trade, Crown Commercial Service, Customs union, Trade barrier, Currency war, Import quota, Small and medium enterprise, Government procurement, Political corruption, Public procurement in Kenya, Foreign trade of Vietnam, Agreement on Government Procurement, Intellectual property, Northern Ireland Executive, Export subsidy, Foreign trade of Pakistan, Gravity model of trade, Trade facilitation, Non-tariff barriers to trade, World Trade Organization, Balance of trade, Free trade area, Public eProcurement, Federal Acquisition Regulation, Voluntary export restraints, Government procurement in the United States, Export-oriented industrialization, Heckscher–Ohlin model, Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, Trade bloc, Government procurement in the European Union, Contract awarding, Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar, Public works, Emissions trading, Civil service examination, Balassa–Samuelson effect, Domestic trade, European Commission, Terms of trade, Foreign exchange controls, Economic union, Trade restriction, Tax, tariff and trade, Free trade, International trade, Trade diversion, Federal Acquisition Institute, New trade theory, Fair trade, Import substitution industrialization, Economic and monetary union:
Public Procurement Critical Criteria:
Meet over Public Procurement outcomes and pioneer acquisition of Public Procurement systems.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Public Procurement? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Public Procurement activities?
– How do we Improve Public Procurement service perception, and satisfaction?
World Customs Organization Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on World Customs Organization quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of World Customs Organization.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Public Procurement ?
– Does Public Procurement analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Why is Public Procurement important for you now?
Trade agreement Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Trade agreement projects and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Trade agreement services.
– Which customers cant participate in our Public Procurement domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Public Procurement services/products?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Public Procurement values?
Boyko Borisov Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Boyko Borisov visions and achieve a single Boyko Borisov view and bringing data together.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Public Procurement process?
– Is Public Procurement Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Tariff-rate quota Critical Criteria:
Infer Tariff-rate quota risks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Tariff-rate quota.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Public Procurement project?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Public Procurement processes of our organization?
– What are internal and external Public Procurement relations?
Public procurement law Critical Criteria:
Map Public procurement law decisions and document what potential Public procurement law megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Will Public Procurement have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we know that any Public Procurement analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Bulgarian government Critical Criteria:
Adapt Bulgarian government results and separate what are the business goals Bulgarian government is aiming to achieve.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Public Procurement information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are specific Public Procurement Rules to follow?
– Do we all define Public Procurement in the same way?
Import license Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Import license outcomes and finalize specific methods for Import license acceptance.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Public Procurement?
– What business benefits will Public Procurement goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we manage Public Procurement Knowledge Management (KM)?
Bulgarian Parliament Critical Criteria:
Chart Bulgarian Parliament planning and oversee implementation of Bulgarian Parliament.
– Consider your own Public Procurement project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are the usability implications of Public Procurement actions?
– Have all basic functions of Public Procurement been defined?
Countervailing duties Critical Criteria:
Examine Countervailing duties tactics and revise understanding of Countervailing duties architectures.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Public Procurement does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
National Institute of Governmental Purchasing Critical Criteria:
Recall National Institute of Governmental Purchasing governance and do something to it.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Public Procurement into the services that we provide?
– Think about the functions involved in your Public Procurement project. what processes flow from these functions?
Technical barriers to trade Critical Criteria:
Read up on Technical barriers to trade results and balance specific methods for improving Technical barriers to trade results.
– Can we add value to the current Public Procurement decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Public Procurement process?
– Are assumptions made in Public Procurement stated explicitly?
Crown Commercial Service Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Crown Commercial Service failures and find the essential reading for Crown Commercial Service researchers.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Public Procurement requirements in detail?
Customs union Critical Criteria:
Discuss Customs union tactics and triple focus on important concepts of Customs union relationship management.
– In the case of a Public Procurement project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Public Procurement project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Public Procurement project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are our Public Procurement Processes?
Trade barrier Critical Criteria:
Derive from Trade barrier strategies and test out new things.
– How do we go about Comparing Public Procurement approaches/solutions?
– What about Public Procurement Analysis of results?
Currency war Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Currency war tasks and explore and align the progress in Currency war.
– Is maximizing Public Procurement protection the same as minimizing Public Procurement loss?
– Does our organization need more Public Procurement education?
Import quota Critical Criteria:
Survey Import quota decisions and look at the big picture.
– In a project to restructure Public Procurement outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Is a Public Procurement Team Work effort in place?
– What is our Public Procurement Strategy?
Small and medium enterprise Critical Criteria:
Detail Small and medium enterprise management and acquire concise Small and medium enterprise education.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Public Procurement experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Public Procurement leader?
– How can skill-level changes improve Public Procurement?
Government procurement Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Government procurement outcomes and track iterative Government procurement results.
– For your Public Procurement project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How likely is the current Public Procurement plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How can we improve Public Procurement?
Political corruption Critical Criteria:
Devise Political corruption management and shift your focus.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Public Procurement project?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Public Procurement effort?
– How can the value of Public Procurement be defined?
Public procurement in Kenya Critical Criteria:
Deduce Public procurement in Kenya tasks and report on developing an effective Public procurement in Kenya strategy.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Public Procurement project manager?
– Do Public Procurement rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Foreign trade of Vietnam Critical Criteria:
Grade Foreign trade of Vietnam tactics and customize techniques for implementing Foreign trade of Vietnam controls.
– What are the key elements of your Public Procurement performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Public Procurement forward?
– Is the scope of Public Procurement defined?
Agreement on Government Procurement Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Agreement on Government Procurement quality and pay attention to the small things.
– What are our needs in relation to Public Procurement skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Public Procurement project?
– Is Public Procurement dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Intellectual property Critical Criteria:
Analyze Intellectual property projects and find answers.
– What will be the policies for data sharing and public access (including provisions for protection of privacy, confidentiality, security, intellectual property rights and other rights as appropriate)?
– During the last 3 years, have you received a complaint or an injunction arising out of intellectual property infringement, content or advertising?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– Am I concerned about intellectual property protection and legal issues of my application and data?
– Are there any data with intellectual property (e.g., patent, copyright) concerns with sharing?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Who will own any copyright or intellectual property rights to the data?
– Are there Public Procurement Models?
Northern Ireland Executive Critical Criteria:
Canvass Northern Ireland Executive issues and sort Northern Ireland Executive activities.
– How can you negotiate Public Procurement successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Export subsidy Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Export subsidy failures and work towards be a leading Export subsidy expert.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Public Procurement leaders?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Public Procurement Management?
– Is Public Procurement Required?
Foreign trade of Pakistan Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Foreign trade of Pakistan tasks and define what do we need to start doing with Foreign trade of Pakistan.
– Who sets the Public Procurement standards?
Gravity model of trade Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Gravity model of trade issues and grade techniques for implementing Gravity model of trade controls.
Trade facilitation Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Trade facilitation risks and research ways can we become the Trade facilitation company that would put us out of business.
– How do we Identify specific Public Procurement investment and emerging trends?
– Why are Public Procurement skills important?
Non-tariff barriers to trade Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Non-tariff barriers to trade governance and catalog Non-tariff barriers to trade activities.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Public Procurement product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is Supporting Public Procurement documentation required?
World Trade Organization Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over World Trade Organization projects and check on ways to get started with World Trade Organization.
– Is the Public Procurement organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Balance of trade Critical Criteria:
Refer to Balance of trade projects and assess and formulate effective operational and Balance of trade strategies.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Public Procurement activities?
– Are we Assessing Public Procurement and Risk?
Free trade area Critical Criteria:
Merge Free trade area results and report on the economics of relationships managing Free trade area and constraints.
– what is the best design framework for Public Procurement organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Why should we adopt a Public Procurement framework?
Public eProcurement Critical Criteria:
Administer Public eProcurement failures and acquire concise Public eProcurement education.
– Do we have past Public Procurement Successes?
Federal Acquisition Regulation Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Federal Acquisition Regulation leadership and learn.
– Is there any existing Public Procurement governance structure?
Voluntary export restraints Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Voluntary export restraints tasks and perfect Voluntary export restraints conflict management.
– What are the business goals Public Procurement is aiming to achieve?
Government procurement in the United States Critical Criteria:
Examine Government procurement in the United States management and test out new things.
– How do we measure improved Public Procurement service perception, and satisfaction?
Export-oriented industrialization Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Export-oriented industrialization adoptions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Export-oriented industrialization.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Public Procurement? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Heckscher–Ohlin model Critical Criteria:
Discourse Heckscher–Ohlin model governance and acquire concise Heckscher–Ohlin model education.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Public Procurement objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– To what extent does management recognize Public Procurement as a tool to increase the results?
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade Critical Criteria:
Check Ministry of Economic Development and Trade projects and overcome Ministry of Economic Development and Trade skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are all of our Public Procurement domains and what do they do?
Trade bloc Critical Criteria:
Understand Trade bloc management and catalog Trade bloc activities.
– What are the disruptive Public Procurement technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the short and long-term Public Procurement goals?
– How do we go about Securing Public Procurement?
Government procurement in the European Union Critical Criteria:
Check Government procurement in the European Union leadership and create a map for yourself.
– Is there a Public Procurement Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– In what ways are Public Procurement vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Contract awarding Critical Criteria:
Learn from Contract awarding results and find out.
– Think about the people you identified for your Public Procurement project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar tactics and track iterative Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar results.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Public Procurement?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Public Procurement move?
Public works Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Public works adoptions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Public works information.
Emissions trading Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Emissions trading risks and observe effective Emissions trading.
Civil service examination Critical Criteria:
Jump start Civil service examination leadership and separate what are the business goals Civil service examination is aiming to achieve.
– What is Effective Public Procurement?
Balassa–Samuelson effect Critical Criteria:
Examine Balassa–Samuelson effect adoptions and prioritize challenges of Balassa–Samuelson effect.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Public Procurement study?
– How to deal with Public Procurement Changes?
Domestic trade Critical Criteria:
Learn from Domestic trade results and define what our big hairy audacious Domestic trade goal is.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Public Procurement strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Do those selected for the Public Procurement team have a good general understanding of what Public Procurement is all about?
European Commission Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about European Commission governance and stake your claim.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Public Procurement goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we keep improving Public Procurement?
Terms of trade Critical Criteria:
Discuss Terms of trade engagements and separate what are the business goals Terms of trade is aiming to achieve.
Foreign exchange controls Critical Criteria:
Meet over Foreign exchange controls failures and revise understanding of Foreign exchange controls architectures.
Economic union Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Economic union outcomes and check on ways to get started with Economic union.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Public Procurement is underway?
– How do we Lead with Public Procurement in Mind?
Trade restriction Critical Criteria:
Focus on Trade restriction leadership and plan concise Trade restriction education.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Public Procurement. How do we gain traction?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Public Procurement strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Tax, tariff and trade Critical Criteria:
Adapt Tax, tariff and trade results and perfect Tax, tariff and trade conflict management.
Free trade Critical Criteria:
Merge Free trade failures and learn.
International trade Critical Criteria:
Generalize International trade results and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do we monitor the Public Procurement decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Trade diversion Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Trade diversion leadership and get out your magnifying glass.
Federal Acquisition Institute Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Federal Acquisition Institute tactics and find out what it really means.
New trade theory Critical Criteria:
Accumulate New trade theory leadership and report on setting up New trade theory without losing ground.
Fair trade Critical Criteria:
Test Fair trade tactics and gather practices for scaling Fair trade.
Import substitution industrialization Critical Criteria:
Confer re Import substitution industrialization strategies and report on setting up Import substitution industrialization without losing ground.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Public Procurement project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Public Procurement project lifecycle?
Economic and monetary union Critical Criteria:
Infer Economic and monetary union visions and point out improvements in Economic and monetary union.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Public Procurement Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
World Customs Organization External links:
World Customs Organization Overview | U.S. Customs …
Trade agreement External links:
North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) | U.S. …
Public procurement law External links:
Public procurement law: the basics
Import license External links:
Countervailing duties External links:
Priority Trade Issue: Antidumping and Countervailing Duties
National Institute of Governmental Purchasing External links:
National Institute of Governmental Purchasing …
Home – National Institute of Governmental Purchasing
Crown Commercial Service External links:
Crown Commercial Service (CCS) Framework | McBains
Crown Commercial Service – Home | Facebook
Crown Commercial Service provider | Bestoutcome
Customs union External links:
Southern African Customs Union – Home | Facebook
EAC Certification for Russia and EU Customs Union
Trade barrier External links:
What is a foreign trade barrier? | export.gov
What are Trade Barriers? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
The Biggest Trade Barrier – Ways and Means
Currency war External links:
World War III The Currency War – YouTube
China currency war? – MSN
Import quota External links:
61 FR 6305 – Dairy Tariff-Rate Import Quota Licensing
[PDF]USDA ANNOUNCES SPECIAL IMPORT QUOTA #22 …
Small and medium enterprise External links:
Afghanistan Small and Medium Enterprise Development …
Abia State Small and Medium Enterprise Development. …
Government procurement External links:
Government Procurement, P3 | Strategic Partnerships, Inc.
28th Annual Government Procurement Conference …
Government Procurement Intelligence – GovWin IQ
Political corruption External links:
Political corruption – ScienceDaily
Museum of Political Corruption – Home | Facebook
Agreement on Government Procurement External links:
Executive Order 12260: Agreement on Government Procurement
Intellectual property External links:
ktMINE | Intellectual Property Data & Analytics Platform
Neustel Law Offices – Intellectual Property Attorneys
Intellectual Property Attorneys Baker and Rannells, PA
Northern Ireland Executive External links:
Northern Ireland Executive – Home | Facebook
Northern Ireland Executive – Official Site
Foreign trade of Pakistan External links:
Foreign Trade of Pakistan | Exports | International Trade
Gravity model of trade External links:
Gravity model of trade and Russian exports – Aalto
Gravity Model of Trade – scribd.com
Trade facilitation External links:
[PDF]TRADE FACILITATION AND TRADE …
Trade facilitation (Book, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Non-tariff barriers to trade External links:
[PDF]Non-Tariff Barriers to Trade – NYU Stern School of …
CiteSeerX — Tariff and Non-Tariff Barriers to Trade
World Trade Organization External links:
World Trade Organization – WTO – Investopedia
World Trade Organization (WTO): International Trade Statistics
World Trade Organization – Official Site
Balance of trade External links:
Balance Of Trade – BOT – Investopedia
Balance Of Trade – BOT Definition | Investopedia
Balance of Trade Flashcards | Quizlet
Free trade area External links:
Free Trade Area – Investopedia
Federal Acquisition Regulation External links:
Tuneup of Federal Acquisition Regulation Process Under …
DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement)
Voluntary export restraints External links:
Voluntary Export Restraints Flashcards | Quizlet
Export-oriented industrialization External links:
[PDF]Export-Oriented Industrialization and the Demand …
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade External links:
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade – Official Site
Trade bloc External links:
globalEDGE Trade Bloc Insights >> globalEDGE: Your …
Trade bloc – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
[PDF]Trade Blocs and Trade Blocks
Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar External links:
Public works External links:
Transportation and Public Works – Miami-Dade County
Public Works and Engineering Professional Services …
Emissions trading External links:
Emissions Trading Resources | US EPA
Civil service examination External links:
Civil Service Examinations | civilservicetechnicalguild.org
Civil Service Examination | Plano, TX – Official Website
Domestic trade External links:
[PDF]Section 22. Domestic Trade – Census.gov
No Domestic Trade – Home | Facebook
European Commission External links:
European Commission proposes more powers for EU’s …
European Commission Code of Conduct for Data Centre …
The European Commission explained – Functioning and …
Terms of trade External links:
Terms of Trade Flashcards | Quizlet
What are some examples of terms of trade? – Quora
Foreign exchange controls External links:
China – Foreign Exchange Controls | export.gov
Thailand – Foreign Exchange Controls | export.gov
Economic union External links:
Black Economic Union – GuideStar Profile
Trade restriction External links:
A trade restriction is an artificial restriction on the trade of goods and/or services between two countries. It is the byproduct of protectionism. However, the term is controversial because what one part may see as a trade restriction another may see as a way to protect consumers from inferior, harmful or dangerous products.
Tax, tariff and trade External links:
Tax, tariff and trade – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Tax, tariff and trade&item_type=topic
Tax, Tariff And Trade Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
photobucket.com/images/tax, tariff and trade
Free trade External links:
RAK Free Trade Zone Company Registration – RAK FTZ Dubai
International trade External links:
International Trade Today – Official Site
WebPort Global – International Trade
NAITA International Trade Huntsville
Trade diversion External links:
[PDF]Trade Diversion from Tomato Suspension …
Trade diversion is an economic term related to international economics in which trade is diverted from a more efficient exporter towards a less efficient one by the formation of a free trade agreement or a customs union.
What is Trade Diversion? – Quora
Federal Acquisition Institute External links:
[PDF]FEDERAL ACQUISITION INSTITUTE TRAINING …
Welcome to Federal Acquisition Institute Survey Site
New trade theory External links:
New Trade Theory Essay – 483 Words – studymode.com
RIETI – What is “New” New Trade Theory?
Fair trade External links:
Ganesh Himal Trading Company | Fair Trade from Nepal …
Raven + Lily Fair Trade Fashion + Home
Third Street | Organic, Fair Trade Iced Tea and Chai
Import substitution industrialization External links:
Import Substitution Industrialization – ISI – Investopedia
Import Substitution Industrialization – YouTube
Economic and monetary union External links:
Economic and Monetary Union – FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of NEW YORK