What is involved in Technology forecasting
Find out what the related areas are that Technology forecasting connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Technology forecasting thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Technology forecasting journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Technology forecasting leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Technology forecasting related domains to cover and 140 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Technology forecasting, Emerging technologies, Uncrewed vehicle, Outline of transport, Information and communications technology, 3D optical data storage, Electric double-layer capacitor, Hydrogen vehicle, Head-up display, Technological change, Growth curve, Programmable metallization cell, Holographic data storage, Supersonic transport, Delivery drone, Plasma weapon, Future of Humanity Institute, Utility fog, Propellant depot, Quantum dot display, Quantum network, Concentrated solar power, Genetic engineering, Magnetoresistive random-access memory, Autonomous car, Silicon–air battery, Synthetic biology, Reference class forecasting, Materials science, Artificial brain, Backpack helicopter, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Carbon-neutral fuel, Helicon double-layer thruster, Quantum technology, Laser propulsion, Ferroelectric RAM, Flexible electronics, Visual prosthesis, Vortex ring gun, Compressed air energy storage, Multi-primary color display, Exploratory engineering, Phased-array optics, Conductive polymer, Fictional technology, Space fountain, Ion thruster, Molecular nanotechnology, Suspended animation, Phase-change memory, Domed city, Quantum neural network, Collingridge dilemma, Jet pack, Flywheel energy storage, Strategic foresight, Next generation of display technology, Surface-conduction electron-emitter display, Methanol economy, Computer-generated holography, Photovoltaic pavement, Caseless ammunition, Amorphous metal, Progress in artificial intelligence:
Technology forecasting Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Technology forecasting issues and cater for concise Technology forecasting education.
– Do those selected for the Technology forecasting team have a good general understanding of what Technology forecasting is all about?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Technology forecasting into the services that we provide?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Technology forecasting project?
Emerging technologies Critical Criteria:
Pilot Emerging technologies goals and look at it backwards.
– Do you have a good understanding of emerging technologies and business trends that are vital for the management of IT risks in a fast-changing environment?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Technology forecasting been identified and analyzed?
– Has the impact of emerging technologies on the product been considered?
– Will Technology forecasting deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Are accountability and ownership for Technology forecasting clearly defined?
Uncrewed vehicle Critical Criteria:
Study Uncrewed vehicle goals and create a map for yourself.
– Among the Technology forecasting product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Is the scope of Technology forecasting defined?
– What is our Technology forecasting Strategy?
Outline of transport Critical Criteria:
Systematize Outline of transport goals and observe effective Outline of transport.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Technology forecasting models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Technology forecasting process?
– Does Technology forecasting analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
Check Information and communications technology adoptions and develop and take control of the Information and communications technology initiative.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Technology forecasting agendas for the next 3 years?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Technology forecasting project manager?
– How do we manage Technology forecasting Knowledge Management (KM)?
3D optical data storage Critical Criteria:
Shape 3D optical data storage planning and probe the present value of growth of 3D optical data storage.
– What are the barriers to increased Technology forecasting production?
– What are the usability implications of Technology forecasting actions?
– What are current Technology forecasting Paradigms?
Electric double-layer capacitor Critical Criteria:
Match Electric double-layer capacitor management and work towards be a leading Electric double-layer capacitor expert.
– Think about the functions involved in your Technology forecasting project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What business benefits will Technology forecasting goals deliver if achieved?
– Is Supporting Technology forecasting documentation required?
Hydrogen vehicle Critical Criteria:
Chat re Hydrogen vehicle issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Hydrogen vehicle.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Technology forecasting. How do we gain traction?
– Who sets the Technology forecasting standards?
Head-up display Critical Criteria:
Shape Head-up display tasks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Head-up display.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Technology forecasting strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Technology forecasting effort?
– How can you measure Technology forecasting in a systematic way?
Technological change Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Technological change leadership and probe the present value of growth of Technological change.
– Consider your own Technology forecasting project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are the long-term Technology forecasting goals?
Growth curve Critical Criteria:
Design Growth curve adoptions and look in other fields.
– What vendors make products that address the Technology forecasting needs?
– How do we go about Comparing Technology forecasting approaches/solutions?
Programmable metallization cell Critical Criteria:
Examine Programmable metallization cell failures and change contexts.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Technology forecasting values?
– Is there a Technology forecasting Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Technology forecasting with what users do day-to-day?
Holographic data storage Critical Criteria:
Gauge Holographic data storage projects and ask what if.
– Think about the people you identified for your Technology forecasting project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do Technology forecasting rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Are we Assessing Technology forecasting and Risk?
Supersonic transport Critical Criteria:
Deduce Supersonic transport leadership and get answers.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Technology forecasting?
– What are our Technology forecasting Processes?
– How much does Technology forecasting help?
Delivery drone Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Delivery drone management and gather Delivery drone models .
– Is maximizing Technology forecasting protection the same as minimizing Technology forecasting loss?
– Are assumptions made in Technology forecasting stated explicitly?
– Do we have past Technology forecasting Successes?
Plasma weapon Critical Criteria:
Learn from Plasma weapon risks and know what your objective is.
– How will you measure your Technology forecasting effectiveness?
– How do we go about Securing Technology forecasting?
Future of Humanity Institute Critical Criteria:
Study Future of Humanity Institute tactics and create Future of Humanity Institute explanations for all managers.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Technology forecasting moving forward?
– Is Technology forecasting Required?
Utility fog Critical Criteria:
Graph Utility fog strategies and improve Utility fog service perception.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Technology forecasting objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Technology forecasting study?
Propellant depot Critical Criteria:
Infer Propellant depot engagements and describe the risks of Propellant depot sustainability.
Quantum dot display Critical Criteria:
Face Quantum dot display decisions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Do the Technology forecasting decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– When a Technology forecasting manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Technology forecasting move?
Quantum network Critical Criteria:
Talk about Quantum network visions and assess what counts with Quantum network that we are not counting.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Technology forecasting project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Technology forecasting project lifecycle?
– Does Technology forecasting appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What are internal and external Technology forecasting relations?
Concentrated solar power Critical Criteria:
Jump start Concentrated solar power strategies and oversee Concentrated solar power requirements.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Technology forecasting? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How would one define Technology forecasting leadership?
Genetic engineering Critical Criteria:
Guide Genetic engineering leadership and plan concise Genetic engineering education.
– Is Technology forecasting dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Why is Technology forecasting important for you now?
– Are there recognized Technology forecasting problems?
Magnetoresistive random-access memory Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Magnetoresistive random-access memory risks and ask questions.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Technology forecasting objectives?
– Does our organization need more Technology forecasting education?
Autonomous car Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Autonomous car adoptions and reduce Autonomous car costs.
– Is Technology forecasting Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Have you identified your Technology forecasting key performance indicators?
– How do we keep improving Technology forecasting?
Silicon–air battery Critical Criteria:
Examine Silicon–air battery leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Silicon–air battery interface.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Technology forecasting that make it risky?
– What is our formula for success in Technology forecasting ?
Synthetic biology Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Synthetic biology outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Synthetic biology information.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Technology forecasting process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Technology forecasting process available?
– How will you know that the Technology forecasting project has been successful?
Reference class forecasting Critical Criteria:
Chat re Reference class forecasting tasks and devise Reference class forecasting key steps.
Materials science Critical Criteria:
Drive Materials science adoptions and reduce Materials science costs.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Technology forecasting project?
Artificial brain Critical Criteria:
Canvass Artificial brain engagements and intervene in Artificial brain processes and leadership.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Technology forecasting Management?
– How do we Lead with Technology forecasting in Mind?
Backpack helicopter Critical Criteria:
Pilot Backpack helicopter results and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Backpack helicopter projects.
Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence risks and probe the present value of growth of Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence.
Carbon-neutral fuel Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Carbon-neutral fuel projects and question.
– What are the business goals Technology forecasting is aiming to achieve?
– How do we maintain Technology forecastings Integrity?
Helicon double-layer thruster Critical Criteria:
Think about Helicon double-layer thruster tactics and define what our big hairy audacious Helicon double-layer thruster goal is.
– How can we improve Technology forecasting?
Quantum technology Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Quantum technology results and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Quantum technology projects.
– For your Technology forecasting project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What about Technology forecasting Analysis of results?
Laser propulsion Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Laser propulsion governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Laser propulsion and constraints.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Technology forecasting products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is the Technology forecasting organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Ferroelectric RAM Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Ferroelectric RAM risks and assess and formulate effective operational and Ferroelectric RAM strategies.
– How do we know that any Technology forecasting analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Technology forecasting?
Flexible electronics Critical Criteria:
Unify Flexible electronics risks and plan concise Flexible electronics education.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Technology forecasting processes?
Visual prosthesis Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Visual prosthesis results and improve Visual prosthesis service perception.
– In a project to restructure Technology forecasting outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– To what extent does management recognize Technology forecasting as a tool to increase the results?
Vortex ring gun Critical Criteria:
Deduce Vortex ring gun tactics and prioritize challenges of Vortex ring gun.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Technology forecasting product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Who will provide the final approval of Technology forecasting deliverables?
– Why should we adopt a Technology forecasting framework?
Compressed air energy storage Critical Criteria:
Align Compressed air energy storage projects and learn.
Multi-primary color display Critical Criteria:
Administer Multi-primary color display engagements and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Multi-primary color display is getting what it needs.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Technology forecasting process?
– How do we measure improved Technology forecasting service perception, and satisfaction?
Exploratory engineering Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Exploratory engineering planning and acquire concise Exploratory engineering education.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Technology forecasting is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Phased-array optics Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Phased-array optics results and define Phased-array optics competency-based leadership.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Technology forecasting does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Technology forecasting opportunities costing us money?
Conductive polymer Critical Criteria:
Derive from Conductive polymer engagements and attract Conductive polymer skills.
– Can we add value to the current Technology forecasting decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Technology forecasting services/products?
Fictional technology Critical Criteria:
Meet over Fictional technology goals and do something to it.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Technology forecasting goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Space fountain Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Space fountain leadership and do something to it.
Ion thruster Critical Criteria:
Own Ion thruster tactics and correct better engagement with Ion thruster results.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Technology forecasting activities?
Molecular nanotechnology Critical Criteria:
Mine Molecular nanotechnology management and change contexts.
– How is the value delivered by Technology forecasting being measured?
Suspended animation Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Suspended animation failures and oversee Suspended animation management by competencies.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Technology forecasting workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Phase-change memory Critical Criteria:
Rank Phase-change memory visions and create Phase-change memory explanations for all managers.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Technology forecasting processes?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Technology forecasting is underway?
Domed city Critical Criteria:
Meet over Domed city issues and tour deciding if Domed city progress is made.
– Are there Technology forecasting problems defined?
– Why are Technology forecasting skills important?
Quantum neural network Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Quantum neural network goals and give examples utilizing a core of simple Quantum neural network skills.
Collingridge dilemma Critical Criteria:
Mine Collingridge dilemma projects and stake your claim.
– What threat is Technology forecasting addressing?
Jet pack Critical Criteria:
Generalize Jet pack results and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Jet pack.
Flywheel energy storage Critical Criteria:
Map Flywheel energy storage projects and proactively manage Flywheel energy storage risks.
– Which customers cant participate in our Technology forecasting domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Strategic foresight Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Strategic foresight engagements and oversee Strategic foresight requirements.
– How to Secure Technology forecasting?
Next generation of display technology Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Next generation of display technology risks and arbitrate Next generation of display technology techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Technology forecasting project?
Surface-conduction electron-emitter display Critical Criteria:
Align Surface-conduction electron-emitter display decisions and find the ideas you already have.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Technology forecasting, including any consulting or professional services?
Methanol economy Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Methanol economy outcomes and do something to it.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Technology forecasting? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What is the source of the strategies for Technology forecasting strengthening and reform?
Computer-generated holography Critical Criteria:
Jump start Computer-generated holography visions and proactively manage Computer-generated holography risks.
– How to deal with Technology forecasting Changes?
Photovoltaic pavement Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Photovoltaic pavement failures and integrate design thinking in Photovoltaic pavement innovation.
– How important is Technology forecasting to the user organizations mission?
Caseless ammunition Critical Criteria:
Test Caseless ammunition failures and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
Amorphous metal Critical Criteria:
Debate over Amorphous metal goals and drive action.
Progress in artificial intelligence Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Progress in artificial intelligence decisions and point out Progress in artificial intelligence tensions in leadership.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Technology forecasting Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Technology forecasting External links:
Technology Forecasting | ElectroniCast
Emerging technologies External links:
Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2017 – Gartner Inc.
Information and communications technology External links:
iota – Information and Communications Technology
3D optical data storage External links:
3D OPTICAL DATA STORAGE – SlideShare
Hydrogen vehicle External links:
Hydrogen Vehicle – YouTube
Hydrogen vehicle – ScienceDaily
A hydrogen vehicle is a vehicle that uses hydrogen as its onboard fuel for motive power. Hydrogen vehicles include hydrogen fueled space rockets, as well as automobiles and other transportation vehicles.
Head-up display External links:
Portable Head-Up Display Device For Your Car | Navdy
How It Works: Head-Up Display | Flying Magazine
Technological change External links:
Technological change (eVideo, 2005) [WorldCat.org]
Growth curve External links:
Annotated Mplus Output: Latent Growth Curve Model, …
CM: Growth Curve Flashcards | Quizlet
Curve Fitter – Software for Growth Curve Analysis – Home
Holographic data storage External links:
Supersonic transport External links:
Supersonic transport (Book, 1965) [WorldCat.org]
Daywalker + CF – Supersonic Transport – YouTube
supersonic transport | aviation | Britannica.com
Delivery drone External links:
Jeremy Clarkson unveils Amazon’s new delivery drone
Utility fog External links:
Utility fog – YouTube
Nano Man: Utility Fog (2015) – IMDb
Quantum dot display External links:
Samsung Introducing Quantum Dot Display Demo | 4K …
[PDF]Quantum dot display emerges as premium LCD – IHS …
Quantum network External links:
Quantum network coding for quantum repeaters
Title: Quantum network of neutral atom clocks – arXiv
Concentrated solar power External links:
Power | Concentrated Solar Power | Flowserve
Genetic engineering External links:
Genetic Engineering | Organic Consumers Association
Human Genetic Engineering – Popular Issues
Genetic Engineering – MSPCA-Angell
Autonomous car External links:
Autonomous Car Development Platform from NVIDIA …
Synthetic biology External links:
Synthetic Biology | SyntechBio – BioHacking Network
Reference class forecasting External links:
Musings on project management: Reference Class Forecasting
The planning fallacy and reference class forecasting
Materials science External links:
Contact | Institute of Materials Science
Home | MIT Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Home – Materials Science Program
Artificial brain External links:
Artificial Brain Project
Backpack helicopter External links:
Backpack helicopter – AOPA
Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence External links:
Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence – YouTube
Helicon double-layer thruster External links:
Helicon double-layer thruster – YouTube
Quantum technology External links:
UK Quantum Technology Hub for Sensors and Metrology
Welcome to Quantum Technology, Inc.
Ferroelectric RAM External links:
Ferroelectric RAM Market – Worldwide Industry Scope, …
Flexible electronics External links:
Flexible Electronics and Display Center | ASU
Vortex ring gun External links:
Charged Vortex Ring Gun Clears Smoke and Crowds | The Mary Sue
Vortex Ring Gun / Pistol, Pop Gun – YouTube
Vortex ring gun – How is Vortex ring gun abbreviated?
Compressed air energy storage External links:
Compressed Air Energy Storage (CAES) – pge.com
[PDF]Compressed Air Energy Storage
www.powersouth.com/files/CAES Brochure [FINAL].pdf
Multi-primary color display External links:
Multi-primary color display device – Sharp Kabushiki Kaisha
Multi-primary color display – GENOA COLOR …
Exploratory engineering External links:
Howdeshell, C / CTE Exploratory Engineering class
Phased-array optics External links:
“Phased-Array Optics with hologram businessman …
Space fountain External links:
Ion thruster External links:
Ion Thruster Mk1 – YouTube
Molecular nanotechnology External links:
Molecular Nanotechnology. (eBook, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Suspended animation External links:
Suspended animation (Book, 1994) [WorldCat.org]
“Suspended Animation” by Benjamin Sax – WesScholar
Suspended animation (Musical CD, 2005) [WorldCat.org]
Domed city External links:
Could a domed city be built on the Moon or Mars? – Quora
Kiev: Golden-domed city of Eastern promise – CNN.com
Jet pack External links:
Richard Browning’s Iron Man Style Jet Pack Test – May 2017
The x2 Sport Underwater Jet Pack | Indiegogo
Flyboard – Coolest Water Jet Pack EVER!!! – YouTube
Flywheel energy storage External links:
Flywheel energy storage. (eBook, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Flywheel Energy Storage for Lunar Rovers & Other …
Flywheel energy storage switcher (Book, 1979) …
Strategic foresight External links:
Strategic Foresight Group – SourceWatch
Next generation of display technology External links:
Next generation of display technology – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/topic/Next generation of display technology
Next Generation Of Display Technology – Galaxy Extract
Methanol economy External links:
The Methanol Economy – MIT Technology Review
Methanol Economy | Research | USC
China’s growing methanol economy and its implications …
Caseless ammunition External links:
CASELESS AMMUNITION CARTRIDGE – ARMY USA
Caseless Ammunition – What are the benefits/drawbacks …
Caseless ammunition – Rockwell International Corporation
Progress in artificial intelligence External links:
Progress In Artificial Intelligence – fonticon.store
Progress In Artificial Intelligence 6t – yongyong.store
[PDF]Progress In Artificial Intelligence – jstore.store