What is involved in IBM cloud computing
Find out what the related areas are that IBM cloud computing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a IBM cloud computing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its IBM cloud computing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward IBM cloud computing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which IBM cloud computing related domains to cover and 141 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
IBM cloud computing, IBM and the Holocaust, IBM Austin Research Laboratory, Computer network, Smarter Planet, Mainframe computing, IBM Almaden Research Center, Amazon EC2, IBM Toronto Software Lab, IBM Yamato Facility, G Suite, Virtual machine, IBM Hakozaki Facility, Universal Product Code, Magnetic stripe card, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Application programming interface, Apache CloudStack, EMC Corporation, IBM Virtual Universe Community, Automated teller machine, IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company, Alain Belda, IBM Fellow, Live migration, Object Management Group, IBM Canada Head Office Building, Lotus Software, Google Compute Engine, IBM BlueWorks Live, Cloud Foundry, Customer engineer, IBM Mashup Center, IBM PureQuery, IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, IBM Personal Computer, IBM Power Systems, VMware vCloud Air, Software as a service, Red Hat, Data center, Oracle Corporation, Distributed file system for cloud, Criminal Reduction utilizing Statistical History, Microsoft Online Services, American Airlines, Deep Blue, Distributed Management Task Force, IBM Center for The Business of Government, One Atlantic Center, Virtual Machine Manager, Amazon Web Services:
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Audit IBM cloud computing adoptions and correct better engagement with IBM cloud computing results.
– What is the purpose of IBM cloud computing in relation to the mission?
– How do we Identify specific IBM cloud computing investment and emerging trends?
– Can we do IBM cloud computing without complex (expensive) analysis?
IBM and the Holocaust Critical Criteria:
Match IBM and the Holocaust risks and stake your claim.
– Which customers cant participate in our IBM cloud computing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom IBM cloud computing project?
IBM Austin Research Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Chat re IBM Austin Research Laboratory outcomes and secure IBM Austin Research Laboratory creativity.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for IBM cloud computing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we manage IBM cloud computing Knowledge Management (KM)?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Computer network strategies and ask questions.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if IBM cloud computing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Why is IBM cloud computing important for you now?
Smarter Planet Critical Criteria:
Derive from Smarter Planet strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Smarter Planet skills.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a IBM cloud computing project?
– Will IBM cloud computing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Mainframe computing Critical Criteria:
Recall Mainframe computing strategies and grade techniques for implementing Mainframe computing controls.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect IBM cloud computing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is there a IBM cloud computing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– In what ways are IBM cloud computing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
IBM Almaden Research Center Critical Criteria:
Inquire about IBM Almaden Research Center management and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in IBM Almaden Research Center.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this IBM cloud computing process?
– Do IBM cloud computing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Why are IBM cloud computing skills important?
Amazon EC2 Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Amazon EC2 outcomes and look at the big picture.
– Can you package and deploy your application into an AMI so it can run on an Amazon EC2 instance?
– Can you divide the application into components and run them on separate Amazon EC2 instances?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving IBM cloud computing forward?
– What are the barriers to increased IBM cloud computing production?
IBM Toronto Software Lab Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IBM Toronto Software Lab quality and assess what counts with IBM Toronto Software Lab that we are not counting.
– For your IBM cloud computing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do we Improve IBM cloud computing service perception, and satisfaction?
IBM Yamato Facility Critical Criteria:
Consult on IBM Yamato Facility results and define what our big hairy audacious IBM Yamato Facility goal is.
– Does IBM cloud computing analysis show the relationships among important IBM cloud computing factors?
– How will you measure your IBM cloud computing effectiveness?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Merge G Suite projects and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a IBM cloud computing study?
– What are the Key enablers to make this IBM cloud computing move?
– Do we all define IBM cloud computing in the same way?
Virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Virtual machine decisions and maintain Virtual machine for success.
– Think about the people you identified for your IBM cloud computing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (VM) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the AWS cloud cannot provide?
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– Does the provider utilize Network Access Control based enforcement for continuous monitoring of its virtual machine population and virtual machine sprawl prevention?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– An administrator wants to install a guest os on a newly created virtual machine. what enables the administrator to perform the installation?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a IBM cloud computing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What is a limitation of using a backup agent on a hypervisor when backing up virtual machine (vm) data?
– What enables a virtual machine to be portable across physical machines running the same hypervisor?
– Is maximizing IBM cloud computing protection the same as minimizing IBM cloud computing loss?
– Which technique can be used to cluster a virtual machine with a physical machine?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– What is the basis for determining the size of the virtual machine swap file?
– What enables a virtual machine to directly access luns in a storage system?
– What makes it possible to store virtual machine files on a nas device?
– What is a feature of virtual machine file system (vmfs)?
IBM Hakozaki Facility Critical Criteria:
Chart IBM Hakozaki Facility strategies and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in IBM Hakozaki Facility.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent IBM cloud computing services/products?
– How can skill-level changes improve IBM cloud computing?
Universal Product Code Critical Criteria:
Administer Universal Product Code failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Universal Product Code.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in IBM cloud computing?
– What are the short and long-term IBM cloud computing goals?
– Are there IBM cloud computing problems defined?
Magnetic stripe card Critical Criteria:
Probe Magnetic stripe card decisions and define Magnetic stripe card competency-based leadership.
– what is the best design framework for IBM cloud computing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is Effective IBM cloud computing?
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Critical Criteria:
Model after Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud results and perfect Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud conflict management.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate IBM cloud computing delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does the IBM cloud computing task fit the clients priorities?
– Does IBM cloud computing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Application programming interface Critical Criteria:
Derive from Application programming interface outcomes and explore and align the progress in Application programming interface.
– Do those selected for the IBM cloud computing team have a good general understanding of what IBM cloud computing is all about?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of IBM cloud computing into the services that we provide?
– Are there IBM cloud computing Models?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Apache CloudStack projects and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your IBM cloud computing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are the disruptive IBM cloud computing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of IBM cloud computing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
EMC Corporation Critical Criteria:
Focus on EMC Corporation results and maintain EMC Corporation for success.
– In the case of a IBM cloud computing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a IBM cloud computing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any IBM cloud computing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What management system can we use to leverage the IBM cloud computing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing IBM cloud computing? There might be some that are less obvious?
IBM Virtual Universe Community Critical Criteria:
Interpolate IBM Virtual Universe Community tasks and forecast involvement of future IBM Virtual Universe Community projects in development.
– Does IBM cloud computing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting IBM cloud computing with what users do day-to-day?
Automated teller machine Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Automated teller machine decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Automated teller machine relationship management.
– Is IBM cloud computing Required?
IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company tactics and summarize a clear IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company focus.
– What are our best practices for minimizing IBM cloud computing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the IBM cloud computing project lifecycle?
– How can the value of IBM cloud computing be defined?
– How much does IBM cloud computing help?
Alain Belda Critical Criteria:
Shape Alain Belda issues and acquire concise Alain Belda education.
IBM Fellow Critical Criteria:
Grade IBM Fellow results and tour deciding if IBM Fellow progress is made.
Live migration Critical Criteria:
Mine Live migration issues and devote time assessing Live migration and its risk.
– What is our formula for success in IBM cloud computing ?
Object Management Group Critical Criteria:
Adapt Object Management Group management and find answers.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about IBM cloud computing. How do we gain traction?
– What is our IBM cloud computing Strategy?
IBM Canada Head Office Building Critical Criteria:
Boost IBM Canada Head Office Building quality and customize techniques for implementing IBM Canada Head Office Building controls.
Lotus Software Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Lotus Software adoptions and slay a dragon.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that IBM cloud computing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of IBM cloud computing that make it risky?
– What potential environmental factors impact the IBM cloud computing effort?
Google Compute Engine Critical Criteria:
Unify Google Compute Engine visions and arbitrate Google Compute Engine techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Among the IBM cloud computing product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
IBM BlueWorks Live Critical Criteria:
Analyze IBM BlueWorks Live projects and tour deciding if IBM BlueWorks Live progress is made.
– Are assumptions made in IBM cloud computing stated explicitly?
Cloud Foundry Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Cloud Foundry management and point out improvements in Cloud Foundry.
– Is there any existing IBM cloud computing governance structure?
– Is a IBM cloud computing Team Work effort in place?
Customer engineer Critical Criteria:
Systematize Customer engineer risks and cater for concise Customer engineer education.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed IBM cloud computing opportunities costing us money?
IBM Mashup Center Critical Criteria:
Powwow over IBM Mashup Center quality and finalize specific methods for IBM Mashup Center acceptance.
– Does IBM cloud computing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding IBM cloud computing?
IBM PureQuery Critical Criteria:
Group IBM PureQuery management and acquire concise IBM PureQuery education.
– How can you negotiate IBM cloud computing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What business benefits will IBM cloud computing goals deliver if achieved?
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Deduce IBM Zurich Research Laboratory decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling IBM Zurich Research Laboratory projects.
– What is the total cost related to deploying IBM cloud computing, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the Essentials of Internal IBM cloud computing Management?
– How would one define IBM cloud computing leadership?
IBM Personal Computer Critical Criteria:
Infer IBM Personal Computer results and sort IBM Personal Computer activities.
– What about IBM cloud computing Analysis of results?
IBM Power Systems Critical Criteria:
Confer over IBM Power Systems tactics and report on the economics of relationships managing IBM Power Systems and constraints.
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Model after VMware vCloud Air projects and point out improvements in VMware vCloud Air.
– How do we keep improving IBM cloud computing?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Software as a service issues and look at the big picture.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Do we have past IBM cloud computing Successes?
Red Hat Critical Criteria:
Examine Red Hat decisions and gather practices for scaling Red Hat.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations IBM cloud computing values?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of IBM cloud computing?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Own Data center leadership and achieve a single Data center view and bringing data together.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– What are our needs in relation to IBM cloud computing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– How many data center sites do you have?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Discourse Oracle Corporation outcomes and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Oracle Corporation.
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Chart Distributed file system for cloud risks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Distributed file system for cloud information.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether IBM cloud computing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Criminal Reduction utilizing Statistical History Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Criminal Reduction utilizing Statistical History tasks and acquire concise Criminal Reduction utilizing Statistical History education.
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Systematize Microsoft Online Services planning and test out new things.
– Do we monitor the IBM cloud computing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What vendors make products that address the IBM cloud computing needs?
American Airlines Critical Criteria:
Administer American Airlines governance and find the ideas you already have.
– Who needs to know about IBM cloud computing ?
Deep Blue Critical Criteria:
Examine Deep Blue goals and acquire concise Deep Blue education.
Distributed Management Task Force Critical Criteria:
X-ray Distributed Management Task Force management and point out improvements in Distributed Management Task Force.
– How likely is the current IBM cloud computing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
IBM Center for The Business of Government Critical Criteria:
Substantiate IBM Center for The Business of Government risks and plan concise IBM Center for The Business of Government education.
– Does IBM cloud computing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the IBM cloud computing process?
One Atlantic Center Critical Criteria:
Trace One Atlantic Center adoptions and gather practices for scaling One Atlantic Center.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which IBM cloud computing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How to deal with IBM cloud computing Changes?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Infer Virtual Machine Manager results and find out.
– What threat is IBM cloud computing addressing?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Focus on Amazon Web Services management and customize techniques for implementing Amazon Web Services controls.
– Think about the functions involved in your IBM cloud computing project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your IBM cloud computing activities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the IBM cloud computing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
IBM and the Holocaust External links:
Ibm And The Holocaust – xdsquare.store
Ibm And The Holocaust – sculpt.store
IBM and the Holocaust by Edwin Black – Goodreads
Computer network External links:
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Computer Network and Managed IT Support Company in …
Smarter Planet External links:
IBM100 – Smarter Planet – IBM – United States
IBM and ILOG for a smarter planet – SmartData Collective
IBM Almaden Research Center External links:
IBM Almaden Research Center : Quotes, Address, Contact
Amazon EC2 External links:
Amazon EC2 Container Service – Docker Management – …
IBM Toronto Software Lab External links:
Brandon Armstrong Ibm Toronto Software Lab – mimarch.net
IBM Toronto Software Lab – Institutional Profile
IBM Yamato Facility External links:
IBM Yamato Facility – research.omicsgroup.org
G Suite External links:
G Suite Status Dashboard – Google
G Suite – Gmail, Drive, Docs and More
G Suite – Millard PS
Virtual machine External links:
Virtual Machine Licensing FAQ | Microsoft Azure
Virtual Machine Scale Sets | Microsoft Azure
IBM Hakozaki Facility External links:
IBM Hakozaki Facility – topics.revolvy.com
topics.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Hakozaki Facility&item_type=topic
Universal Product Code External links:
Universal Product Code Query – ASAP Systems
Universal Product Code (UPC) Barcodes
Magnetic stripe card External links:
MSRC206, Magnetic Stripe Card Reader / Writer – YouTube
Application programming interface External links:
What is an API? – Application Programming Interface – …
Apache CloudStack External links:
Apache CloudStack Engineers – The CloudStack Company
[PDF]Apache CloudStack to Match Size
Marketing – Apache Cloudstack – Apache Software …
EMC Corporation External links:
EMC Corporation Editorial Jobs | Monster.com
EMC : Summary for EMC Corporation – Yahoo Finance
Automated teller machine External links:
Automated Teller Machine – ATM Definition | Investopedia
How to Withdraw Cash from an Automated Teller Machine
Automated Teller Machine ATM Terminal Equipment …
Alain Belda External links:
Alain Belda Profiles | Facebook
Live migration External links:
Virtual Machine Live Migration Overview
Live Migration – CloudEndure
Object Management Group External links:
Membership Fees | Object Management Group
IBM Canada Head Office Building External links:
IBM Canada Head Office Building – broom02.revolvy.com
broom02.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Canada Head Office Building
Lotus Software External links:
lotus software – Staples®
IBM – Collaboration Solutions – Lotus Software
Google Compute Engine External links:
What hypervisor does Google Compute Engine use? – …
Google Compute Engine Snapshots
Google Compute Engine and Ansible // Speaker Deck
IBM BlueWorks Live External links:
IBM Blueworks Live
IBM Blueworks Live – English by Ramsés Zárate on Prezi
Cloud Foundry External links:
Managed Pivotal Cloud Foundry | Rackspace
GE @ Cloud Foundry Summit | GE Digital
Cloud Foundry – Official Site
Customer engineer External links:
Atex – Lead Customer Engineer Resume Example
IBM Mashup Center External links:
IBM Mashup Center and using StrikeIron Data Widgets – YouTube
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory External links:
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
IBM Power Systems External links:
Ibm Power Systems Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
IBM Power Systems – cognitive computing with IBM …
IBM Power Systems & AS400 Hosting – Infor & High Availability
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
Red Hat External links:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WFONE Port 8080 Test Page
Red Hat Customer Portal
Your Orange County Limo Service | Red Hat Limousine
Data center External links:
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Members Site – State of South Dakota K-12 Data Center
ADE Data Center – Home
Oracle Corporation External links:
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
Distributed file system for cloud – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Distributed file system for cloud – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/topic/Distributed file system for cloud
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Solution Accelerators for Microsoft Online Services
American Airlines External links:
American Airlines – Login
Deep Blue External links:
Deep Blue Watches – Official Site
The Deep Blue Sea (2011) – IMDb
Deep Blue Sea (1999) – IMDb
Distributed Management Task Force External links:
[PDF]DISTRIBUTED MANAGEMENT TASK FORCE
[PDF]DISTRIBUTED MANAGEMENT TASK FORCE
CiteSeerX — Distributed Management Task Force, Inc. …
IBM Center for The Business of Government External links:
SERIES: IBM Center for the Business of Government | …
| IBM Center for the Business of Government
| IBM Center for the Business of Government
One Atlantic Center External links:
One Atlantic Center, Atlanta | 42Floors
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
System Center: Virtual Machine Manager Engineering Blog
Virtual Machine Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Overview of System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
Automate Amazon Web Services | Skeddly
Security Solutions Optimized for Amazon Web Services