What is involved in Public Procurement
Find out what the related areas are that Public Procurement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Public Procurement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Public Procurement journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Public Procurement leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Public Procurement related domains to cover and 141 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Public Procurement, Fiscal union, Trade creation, Public procurement law, Trade agreement, Agreement on Government Procurement, Civil service examination, Government procurement, Trade justice, Commercial policy, Trade sanctions, Customs and monetary union, Economic geography, Standstill period, Foreign trade of Pakistan, Foreign trade of India, Balance of trade, Lerner symmetry theorem, Timeline of international trade, Comparative advantage, International Monetary Fund, Open Contracting Data Standard, Free trade, Trade bloc, Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar, Great Recession, Military acquisition, International Trade Centre, Call for bids, Heckscher–Ohlin model, Intellectual property, Foreign trade of Romania, Customs war, Contract awarding, Public Procurement, Tax, tariff and trade, Index of international trade topics, Competition law, European Commission, Economic operator, Political corruption, Crown Commercial Service, Import substitution industrialization, Linder hypothesis, Executive agency, Public eProcurement, Economic nationalism, Technical barriers to trade, Economic and monetary union, Leontief paradox, Free trade area, Electronic commerce, Single market, Import license, Foreign trade of the United States, Government procurement in the European Union, Tariff-rate quota, Trade costs, European Union law, Terms of trade:
Public Procurement Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Public Procurement outcomes and probe the present value of growth of Public Procurement.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Public Procurement processes?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Public Procurement?
– Which Public Procurement goals are the most important?
Fiscal union Critical Criteria:
Study Fiscal union risks and gather Fiscal union models .
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Public Procurement process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Public Procurement process available?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Public Procurement project?
Trade creation Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Trade creation results and find answers.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Public Procurement?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Public Procurement activities?
Public procurement law Critical Criteria:
Chat re Public procurement law risks and improve Public procurement law service perception.
– Who sets the Public Procurement standards?
– What are our Public Procurement Processes?
Trade agreement Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Trade agreement planning and look for lots of ideas.
– How can you negotiate Public Procurement successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How important is Public Procurement to the user organizations mission?
– How do we Identify specific Public Procurement investment and emerging trends?
Agreement on Government Procurement Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Agreement on Government Procurement results and shift your focus.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Public Procurement objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Public Procurement that make it risky?
– What will drive Public Procurement change?
Civil service examination Critical Criteria:
See the value of Civil service examination tactics and change contexts.
– How is the value delivered by Public Procurement being measured?
– What are internal and external Public Procurement relations?
– How can the value of Public Procurement be defined?
Government procurement Critical Criteria:
Categorize Government procurement governance and explain and analyze the challenges of Government procurement.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Public Procurement?
– Does Public Procurement create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Have all basic functions of Public Procurement been defined?
Trade justice Critical Criteria:
Systematize Trade justice strategies and transcribe Trade justice as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Public Procurement requirements in detail?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Public Procurement?
– How do we keep improving Public Procurement?
Commercial policy Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Commercial policy planning and point out Commercial policy tensions in leadership.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Public Procurement processes?
– What are the barriers to increased Public Procurement production?
– Why are Public Procurement skills important?
Trade sanctions Critical Criteria:
Shape Trade sanctions planning and drive action.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Public Procurement. How do we gain traction?
– How likely is the current Public Procurement plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are all of our Public Procurement domains and what do they do?
Customs and monetary union Critical Criteria:
Drive Customs and monetary union failures and probe the present value of growth of Customs and monetary union.
– Is Public Procurement Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How will you measure your Public Procurement effectiveness?
– Do we have past Public Procurement Successes?
Economic geography Critical Criteria:
Dissect Economic geography planning and get answers.
– Who needs to know about Public Procurement ?
Standstill period Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Standstill period quality and devote time assessing Standstill period and its risk.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Public Procurement? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Does our organization need more Public Procurement education?
– What is our Public Procurement Strategy?
Foreign trade of Pakistan Critical Criteria:
X-ray Foreign trade of Pakistan projects and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Foreign trade of Pakistan projects.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Public Procurement values?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Public Procurement moving forward?
Foreign trade of India Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Foreign trade of India risks and forecast involvement of future Foreign trade of India projects in development.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Public Procurement processes?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Public Procurement does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Does Public Procurement appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Balance of trade Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Balance of trade adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does Public Procurement include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Public Procurement activities?
– How much does Public Procurement help?
Lerner symmetry theorem Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Lerner symmetry theorem tasks and stake your claim.
– Think about the people you identified for your Public Procurement project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does Public Procurement analysis show the relationships among important Public Procurement factors?
– Are there Public Procurement Models?
Timeline of international trade Critical Criteria:
Scan Timeline of international trade strategies and create a map for yourself.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Public Procurement processes of our organization?
Comparative advantage Critical Criteria:
Confer re Comparative advantage leadership and overcome Comparative advantage skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What vendors make products that address the Public Procurement needs?
International Monetary Fund Critical Criteria:
Boost International Monetary Fund issues and probe International Monetary Fund strategic alliances.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Public Procurement objectives?
Open Contracting Data Standard Critical Criteria:
Sort Open Contracting Data Standard leadership and document what potential Open Contracting Data Standard megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Public Procurement project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Consider your own Public Procurement project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Public Procurement process?
Free trade Critical Criteria:
Own Free trade decisions and ask questions.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Public Procurement leader?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Public Procurement project?
– Is a Public Procurement Team Work effort in place?
Trade bloc Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Trade bloc leadership and test out new things.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Public Procurement? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are current Public Procurement Paradigms?
Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar Critical Criteria:
Trace Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar outcomes and customize techniques for implementing Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar controls.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Public Procurement process?
– What is Effective Public Procurement?
Great Recession Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Great Recession outcomes and oversee Great Recession requirements.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Public Procurement with what users do day-to-day?
– Are we Assessing Public Procurement and Risk?
Military acquisition Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Military acquisition strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Military acquisition is getting what it needs.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Public Procurement is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– In what ways are Public Procurement vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
International Trade Centre Critical Criteria:
Discuss International Trade Centre leadership and check on ways to get started with International Trade Centre.
– Does Public Procurement analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Will Public Procurement deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Call for bids Critical Criteria:
Grasp Call for bids tactics and handle a jump-start course to Call for bids.
– What is our formula for success in Public Procurement ?
– How would one define Public Procurement leadership?
Heckscher–Ohlin model Critical Criteria:
Mine Heckscher–Ohlin model tactics and stake your claim.
– When a Public Procurement manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Do Public Procurement rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Intellectual property Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Intellectual property tactics and look in other fields.
– What will be the policies for data sharing and public access (including provisions for protection of privacy, confidentiality, security, intellectual property rights and other rights as appropriate)?
– During the last 3 years, have you received a complaint or an injunction arising out of intellectual property infringement, content or advertising?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– Am I concerned about intellectual property protection and legal issues of my application and data?
– Are there any data with intellectual property (e.g., patent, copyright) concerns with sharing?
– To what extent does management recognize Public Procurement as a tool to increase the results?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Who will own any copyright or intellectual property rights to the data?
Foreign trade of Romania Critical Criteria:
Own Foreign trade of Romania strategies and display thorough understanding of the Foreign trade of Romania process.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Public Procurement study?
Customs war Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Customs war issues and explain and analyze the challenges of Customs war.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Public Procurement product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does the Public Procurement task fit the clients priorities?
Contract awarding Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Contract awarding leadership and improve Contract awarding service perception.
– What are our needs in relation to Public Procurement skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Public Procurement dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Public Procurement Critical Criteria:
Track Public Procurement visions and oversee Public Procurement management by competencies.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Public Procurement strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How will you know that the Public Procurement project has been successful?
– How to Secure Public Procurement?
Tax, tariff and trade Critical Criteria:
Grasp Tax, tariff and trade quality and figure out ways to motivate other Tax, tariff and trade users.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Public Procurement services/products?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Public Procurement effort?
– What are the long-term Public Procurement goals?
Index of international trade topics Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Index of international trade topics management and describe the risks of Index of international trade topics sustainability.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Public Procurement goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we measure improved Public Procurement service perception, and satisfaction?
– Can we do Public Procurement without complex (expensive) analysis?
Competition law Critical Criteria:
Value Competition law tasks and balance specific methods for improving Competition law results.
– Do we monitor the Public Procurement decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How can skill-level changes improve Public Procurement?
European Commission Critical Criteria:
Devise European Commission leadership and point out improvements in European Commission.
– What is the source of the strategies for Public Procurement strengthening and reform?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Public Procurement been identified and analyzed?
Economic operator Critical Criteria:
Align Economic operator management and get out your magnifying glass.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Public Procurement project?
Political corruption Critical Criteria:
Pilot Political corruption tactics and stake your claim.
Crown Commercial Service Critical Criteria:
See the value of Crown Commercial Service leadership and find out.
– Do we all define Public Procurement in the same way?
Import substitution industrialization Critical Criteria:
Refer to Import substitution industrialization leadership and plan concise Import substitution industrialization education.
Linder hypothesis Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Linder hypothesis outcomes and get going.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Public Procurement strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Are there recognized Public Procurement problems?
Executive agency Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Executive agency issues and define Executive agency competency-based leadership.
– How do we Lead with Public Procurement in Mind?
Public eProcurement Critical Criteria:
Grade Public eProcurement strategies and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Public eProcurement projects.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Public Procurement project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Public Procurement project lifecycle?
– Have you identified your Public Procurement key performance indicators?
Economic nationalism Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Economic nationalism decisions and assess what counts with Economic nationalism that we are not counting.
– Do the Public Procurement decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Public Procurement ?
Technical barriers to trade Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Technical barriers to trade decisions and point out Technical barriers to trade tensions in leadership.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Public Procurement delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Public Procurement agendas for the next 3 years?
Economic and monetary union Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Economic and monetary union failures and achieve a single Economic and monetary union view and bringing data together.
Leontief paradox Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Leontief paradox visions and oversee implementation of Leontief paradox.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Public Procurement experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Which customers cant participate in our Public Procurement domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Free trade area Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Free trade area projects and describe the risks of Free trade area sustainability.
– Can we add value to the current Public Procurement decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What threat is Public Procurement addressing?
Electronic commerce Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Electronic commerce strategies and separate what are the business goals Electronic commerce is aiming to achieve.
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
Single market Critical Criteria:
Grasp Single market projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Single market.
Import license Critical Criteria:
Mine Import license failures and define what our big hairy audacious Import license goal is.
Foreign trade of the United States Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Foreign trade of the United States outcomes and integrate design thinking in Foreign trade of the United States innovation.
– What are the business goals Public Procurement is aiming to achieve?
– Are there Public Procurement problems defined?
Government procurement in the European Union Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Government procurement in the European Union decisions and ask questions.
– In the case of a Public Procurement project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Public Procurement project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Public Procurement project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– For your Public Procurement project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Tariff-rate quota Critical Criteria:
Analyze Tariff-rate quota failures and oversee Tariff-rate quota management by competencies.
– How do we go about Securing Public Procurement?
– Is Public Procurement Required?
Trade costs Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Trade costs engagements and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Public Procurement process?
European Union law Critical Criteria:
Generalize European Union law management and ask what if.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Public Procurement move?
Terms of trade Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Terms of trade leadership and differentiate in coordinating Terms of trade.
– What are specific Public Procurement Rules to follow?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Public Procurement Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Public Procurement External links:
NMPPA – New Mexico Public Procurement Association
Mid America Council of Public Procurement
Illinois Association of Public Procurement Officials, Inc
Trade creation External links:
Trade Creation – YouTube
What is Trade Creation? definition and meaning
Public procurement law External links:
Public procurement law: the basics
Trade agreement External links:
CEFTA – Central European Free Trade Agreement
Civil service examination External links:
Civil Service Examinations | civilservicetechnicalguild.org
[PDF]Civil Service Examination Study Guides 4/30/2015
Civil Service Examination Answer Keys – New York City
Government procurement External links:
Govlist: Government Procurement Software & Analytics
Government Procurement, P3 | Strategic Partnerships, Inc.
About Us | The Coalition for Government Procurement
Trade justice External links:
Trade Justice Alliance – Action Network
California Trade Justice Coalition – Home | Facebook
Trade Justice Scotland Coalition – Home | Facebook
Commercial policy External links:
[PDF]COMMERCIAL POLICY CHANGE REQUEST DATE …
[PDF]COMMERCIAL POLICY CHANGE REQUEST – …
Customs and monetary union External links:
Customs and monetary union – PediaView.com
Economic geography External links:
[PDF]Economic Geography Of India – huxiji.store
Economic geography. (Journal, magazine, 1925) …
Essays in Economic Geography – DASH Harvard
Foreign trade of India External links:
Balance of trade External links:
Balance Of Trade – BOT Definition | Investopedia
Lerner symmetry theorem External links:
Lerner Symmetry Theorem – Dictionary Central
Comparative advantage External links:
Comparative Advantage: Definition, Theory, Examples
Episode 34: Comparative Advantage & Trade – YouTube
International Monetary Fund External links:
International Monetary Fund – IMF – Investopedia
The International Monetary Fund | Council on Foreign Relations
International Monetary Fund – Official Site
Open Contracting Data Standard External links:
Open Contracting Data Standard
Open Contracting Data Standard · GitHub
Codelists – Open Contracting Data Standard: …
Free trade External links:
Free Trade Agreement Compliance
Singapore Free Trade Agreement (SGFTA) | U.S. …
Trade bloc External links:
Trade bloc – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Great Recession External links:
Great Recession – Wiktionary
The great recession (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
The great recession (eBook, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
International Trade Centre External links:
Subject: ITC/UNCTAD/WTO International Trade Centre, …
Call for bids External links:
[PDF]NOTICE AND CALL FOR BIDS TOWN OF GILBERT, …
[PDF]PIERCE COUNTY CALL FOR BIDS BR #28183-A – 8TH …
[PDF]CALL FOR BIDS FAMU Board of Trustees STATE OF …
www.famu.edu/Purchasing/0004-2016 Student Services.pdf
Intellectual property External links:
Loza & Loza LLP | Intellectual Property Law Firm
Intellectual Property Attorneys Baker and Rannells, PA
Bejin Bieneman PLC | Intellectual Property Attorneys
Foreign trade of Romania External links:
Customs war External links:
LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens – CUSTOMS WAR! …
Public Procurement External links:
Wisconsin Association for Public Procurement
Illinois Association of Public Procurement Officials, Inc
NMPPA – New Mexico Public Procurement Association
Competition law External links:
Fair Competition Law – Official Site
European Commission External links:
European Commission – YouTube
European Commission – Home | Facebook
European commission | World | The Guardian
Economic operator External links:
How to Apply – Authorized Economic Operator
Crown Commercial Service External links:
CCS Fleet Portal – Crown Commercial Service Vehicle …
Crown Commercial Service (CCS) Framework | McBains
Crown Commercial Service – Home | Facebook
Linder hypothesis External links:
Linder Hypothesis Definition | Investopedia
Executive agency External links:
The Executive Agency – Home | Facebook
Government – Donations to a Federal Executive Agency
Executive Agency Rules & Regulations | Colorado …
Economic nationalism External links:
Economic Nationalism and Globalization|Lessons from …
[PDF]Economic Nationalism – overseas.store
Economic nationalism, (Book, 1933) [WorldCat.org]
Economic and monetary union External links:
European Economic and Monetary Union (EMU)
Leontief paradox External links:
Leontief's paradox in economics is that the country with the world’s highest capital-per worker has a lower capital/labor ratio in exports than in imports. This econometric find was the result of Wassily W. Leontief’s attempt to test the Heckscher–Ohlin theory empirically.
Leontief's paradox in economics is that a country with a higher capital-per worker has a lower capital/labor ratio in exports than in imports. This econometric find was the result of Wassily W. Leontief’s attempt to test the Heckscher–Ohlin theory empirically.
Electronic commerce External links:
Electronic Commerce 2010 – AbeBooks
Simplix – The Electronic Commerce Solution
5 ILCS 175/ Electronic Commerce Security Act.
Single market External links:
Digital Single Market | Department of Commerce
Digital Single Market – YouTube
CBI pushes to stay in single market until Brexit deal sealed
Import license External links:
HFA – License Music – Import License – Harry Fox Agency
Tariff-rate quota External links:
Trade costs External links:
[PDF]Pricing-to-Market, Trade Costs, and International …
Free Trade Costs American Jobs – Newsweek
European Union law External links:
What does GDPR European Union law mean for your …
Untitled | European Union Law | Social Institutions
European Union Law and Policy – Home | Facebook
Terms of trade External links:
Comparative Advantage and Terms of Trade -ACDC Econ …
What are some examples of terms of trade? – Quora