What is involved in Cloud Storage
Find out what the related areas are that Cloud Storage connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cloud Storage thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cloud Storage journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cloud Storage leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cloud Storage related domains to cover and 147 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cloud Storage, AWS S3, VMware vCloud Air, Comparison of online backup services, Cloud Foundry, Cloud storage gateway, Content management systems, Disk encryption, Hardware virtualization, Cloud collaboration, Cloud computing security, Apache CloudStack, Software as a service, Object storage, Cloud Data Management Interface, Inktank Storage, Virtual machine image, FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5, Export restrictions, Amazon Web Services, Computer network, Attack surface, Google Cloud Platform, Data center, Web API, Virtual private cloud, Platform as a service, Data in transit, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, Engine Yard, Cloud database, Personally identifiable information, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, Comparison of structured storage software, Zadara Storage, Web service, Cooperative storage cloud, Virtual Machine Manager, Infrastructure as a service, File hosting service, Data at rest, Eventual consistency, IBM cloud computing, Data protection, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud, SAP Cloud Platform, Zoho Corporation:
Cloud Storage Critical Criteria:
Detail Cloud Storage decisions and integrate design thinking in Cloud Storage innovation.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Cloud Storage models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– For cloud storage, are all data encrypted in storage and does the cloud vendor have an agreement with hopkins to preserve security and confidentiality?
– Does cloud storage get affected during a natural disaster how can we ensure a secure disaster recovery for that?
– What is the source of the strategies for Cloud Storage strengthening and reform?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Cloud Storage processes?
– What are some good choices for HIPAA compliant cloud storage?
– What are the ramifications of cloud storage?
AWS S3 Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot AWS S3 tactics and find out.
– What are the key elements of your Cloud Storage performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do those selected for the Cloud Storage team have a good general understanding of what Cloud Storage is all about?
– Does Cloud Storage analysis show the relationships among important Cloud Storage factors?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Detail VMware vCloud Air management and attract VMware vCloud Air skills.
– what is the best design framework for Cloud Storage organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Cloud Storage process?
– How can skill-level changes improve Cloud Storage?
Comparison of online backup services Critical Criteria:
Derive from Comparison of online backup services goals and find the essential reading for Comparison of online backup services researchers.
– In the case of a Cloud Storage project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Cloud Storage project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Cloud Storage project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Which customers cant participate in our Cloud Storage domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Cloud Storage agendas for the next 3 years?
Cloud Foundry Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Cloud Foundry outcomes and point out improvements in Cloud Foundry.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Cloud Storage objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are current Cloud Storage Paradigms?
– Are there Cloud Storage Models?
Cloud storage gateway Critical Criteria:
Derive from Cloud storage gateway tasks and get out your magnifying glass.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Cloud Storage process?
– How can you measure Cloud Storage in a systematic way?
Content management systems Critical Criteria:
Test Content management systems strategies and correct Content management systems management by competencies.
– Have all basic functions of Cloud Storage been defined?
– Why is Cloud Storage important for you now?
Disk encryption Critical Criteria:
Graph Disk encryption projects and optimize Disk encryption leadership as a key to advancement.
– Does Cloud Storage include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Can we add value to the current Cloud Storage decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What is Effective Cloud Storage?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Hardware virtualization planning and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Hardware virtualization services.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Cloud Storage product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Think about the people you identified for your Cloud Storage project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Cloud collaboration Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Cloud collaboration tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Cloud collaboration users.
– How do we Identify specific Cloud Storage investment and emerging trends?
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Review Cloud computing security issues and find the essential reading for Cloud computing security researchers.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Cloud Storage with what users do day-to-day?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Cloud Storage?
– Is Supporting Cloud Storage documentation required?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
See the value of Apache CloudStack leadership and plan concise Apache CloudStack education.
– How likely is the current Cloud Storage plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Study Software as a service quality and stake your claim.
– Is there a Cloud Storage Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Object storage Critical Criteria:
Participate in Object storage results and report on the economics of relationships managing Object storage and constraints.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Cloud Storage been identified and analyzed?
– What vendors make products that address the Cloud Storage needs?
– Who needs to know about Cloud Storage ?
Cloud Data Management Interface Critical Criteria:
Investigate Cloud Data Management Interface visions and report on setting up Cloud Data Management Interface without losing ground.
– For your Cloud Storage project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are specific Cloud Storage Rules to follow?
Inktank Storage Critical Criteria:
Nurse Inktank Storage leadership and get the big picture.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Cloud Storage does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is our formula for success in Cloud Storage ?
– What are our Cloud Storage Processes?
Virtual machine image Critical Criteria:
Guide Virtual machine image engagements and secure Virtual machine image creativity.
– What are the disruptive Cloud Storage technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Cloud Storage processes of our organization?
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 Critical Criteria:
Infer FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 issues and revise understanding of FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 architectures.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Cloud Storage move?
Export restrictions Critical Criteria:
Confer re Export restrictions governance and give examples utilizing a core of simple Export restrictions skills.
– When a Cloud Storage manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How to Secure Cloud Storage?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Check Amazon Web Services projects and describe which business rules are needed as Amazon Web Services interface.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Cloud Storage processes?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Cloud Storage experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Own Computer network engagements and achieve a single Computer network view and bringing data together.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Cloud Storage? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– How much does Cloud Storage help?
Attack surface Critical Criteria:
Gauge Attack surface results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Attack surface information.
– What business benefits will Cloud Storage goals deliver if achieved?
– Are assumptions made in Cloud Storage stated explicitly?
Google Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Confer over Google Cloud Platform tasks and create Google Cloud Platform explanations for all managers.
– Think about the functions involved in your Cloud Storage project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the business goals Cloud Storage is aiming to achieve?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Pilot Data center tactics and define Data center competency-based leadership.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– How many data center sites do you have?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Judge Web API goals and budget for Web API challenges.
– Does Cloud Storage analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Virtual private cloud planning and gather Virtual private cloud models .
– How do we Improve Cloud Storage service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is a Cloud Storage Team Work effort in place?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Survey Platform as a service quality and change contexts.
– Is the Cloud Storage organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Data in transit Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Data in transit leadership and test out new things.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Cloud Storage processes?
– Is the scope of Cloud Storage defined?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Abiquo Enterprise Edition strategies and research ways can we become the Abiquo Enterprise Edition company that would put us out of business.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Cloud Storage Management?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Confer re Engine Yard tactics and triple focus on important concepts of Engine Yard relationship management.
– What are all of our Cloud Storage domains and what do they do?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Cloud database visions and integrate design thinking in Cloud database innovation.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Cloud Storage project?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Cloud Storage objectives?
Personally identifiable information Critical Criteria:
Derive from Personally identifiable information tactics and grade techniques for implementing Personally identifiable information controls.
– When sharing data, are appropriate procedures, such as sharing agreements, put in place to ensure that any Personally identifiable information remains strictly confidential and protected from unauthorized disclosure?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Cloud Storage project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does the company collect personally identifiable information electronically?
– What is Personal Data or Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
– How do we go about Comparing Cloud Storage approaches/solutions?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Merge Google Docs, Sheets and Slides planning and define what do we need to start doing with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Cloud Storage information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Study Comparison of structured storage software tactics and explain and analyze the challenges of Comparison of structured storage software.
– Are accountability and ownership for Cloud Storage clearly defined?
– How do we maintain Cloud Storages Integrity?
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Zadara Storage tasks and report on setting up Zadara Storage without losing ground.
Web service Critical Criteria:
Map Web service issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Cloud Storage strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Cloud Storage moving forward?
– How is the value delivered by Cloud Storage being measured?
Cooperative storage cloud Critical Criteria:
Debate over Cooperative storage cloud failures and separate what are the business goals Cooperative storage cloud is aiming to achieve.
– Have you identified your Cloud Storage key performance indicators?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Virtual Machine Manager strategies and stake your claim.
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Chart Infrastructure as a service risks and adjust implementation of Infrastructure as a service.
File hosting service Critical Criteria:
Judge File hosting service decisions and probe File hosting service strategic alliances.
– In what ways are Cloud Storage vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Data at rest Critical Criteria:
Start Data at rest planning and get out your magnifying glass.
– Why are Cloud Storage skills important?
Eventual consistency Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Eventual consistency tactics and know what your objective is.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Cloud Storage into the services that we provide?
– Does Cloud Storage create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about IBM cloud computing goals and probe IBM cloud computing strategic alliances.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Cloud Storage. How do we gain traction?
Data protection Critical Criteria:
Drive Data protection projects and cater for concise Data protection education.
– You do not want to be informed of a data loss incident from the users themselves or from the data protection authority. Do you have technology that can detect breaches that have taken place; forensics available to investigate how the data was lost (or changed); and can you go back in time with full user logs and identify the incident to understand its scope and impact?
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– If you have historically considered yourself to be a processor to avoid being directly subject to data protection laws, consider revisiting that conclusion. Might you be better off as a controller?
– Do you see the need to support the development and implementation of technical solutions that are enhancing data protection by design and by default?
– What are the data protection mechanisms to control access to data from external sources that temporarily have internal residence?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– What ITIL best practices, security and data protection standards and guidelines are in use by the cloud service provider?
– What are the data protection mechanisms to protect data from unauthorized external access?
– Do we monitor the Cloud Storage decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Do I have to do a Data Protection Impact Assessment under the GDPR?
– Can I dismiss someone once they become my data protection officer?
– Does my business need to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO)?
– What is the role of a Data Protection Officer under the GDPR?
– Do I have to appoint a Data Protection Officer for the GDPR?
– DOES THE GDPR SET UP A CENTRAL EU DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY?
– What qualifications does the data protection officer need?
– What will the data protection reform do for citizens?
– Do we have Data Protection Service Level Agreements?
– When must you appoint a data protection officer?
Amazon S3 Critical Criteria:
Generalize Amazon S3 risks and cater for concise Amazon S3 education.
– Is Cloud Storage Required?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Rackspace Cloud planning and balance specific methods for improving Rackspace Cloud results.
– Do Cloud Storage rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Does our organization need more Cloud Storage education?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Accommodate SAP Cloud Platform goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are internal and external Cloud Storage relations?
– How do we keep improving Cloud Storage?
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Investigate Zoho Corporation governance and interpret which customers can’t participate in Zoho Corporation because they lack skills.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Cloud Storage products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Cloud Storage appropriately measure and monitor risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cloud Storage Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cloud Storage External links:
Azure Storage – Secure cloud storage | Microsoft Azure
AWS S3 External links:
AWS S3 FAQ Flashcards | Quizlet
How to list all AWS S3 objects in a bucket using Java
VMware vCloud Air External links:
VMware vCloud Air
VMware vCloud Air
VMware vCloud Air – User Management
Comparison of online backup services External links:
Comparison of online backup services – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Comparison of online backup services
Cloud Foundry External links:
Cloud Foundry Reviews | G2 Crowd
What is Cloud Foundry? Key benefits and a real use case
[PDF]Cloud Foundry Architecture Presentation – Allan Tokuda
Cloud storage gateway External links:
Cloud Storage Gateway – The 5 Dirty Secrets – Nasuni
Nasuni Cloud Storage Gateway | ZDNet
Content management systems External links:
in10sity – Content Management Systems – Internet Marketing
Best Content Management Systems – 2018 Reviews & Pricing
Content Management Systems Overview | TrustRadius
Disk encryption External links:
PGP Whole Disk Encryption for Windows Recovery Disk …
Cloud collaboration External links:
BeSafe | Encrypted Cloud Collaboration
Cloud Collaboration Success Portal
Mercury Consulting – Cloud Collaboration DevOps ERP …
Cloud computing security External links:
Addressing cloud computing security issues – ScienceDirect
Cloud Computing Security – Google Cloud
Apache CloudStack External links:
Apache CloudStack Meetups – Meetup
Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? 10 FAQs About Software as a Service
Software as a Service | Accenture
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Object storage External links:
Object Storage | Evaluator Group
Cloud Object Storage – Overview | IBM Cloud
Object Storage versus Block Storage: Understanding …
Cloud Data Management Interface External links:
Cloud Data Management Interface Implementation Guide – …
What is Cloud Data Management Interface (CDMI)?
Cloud Data Management Interface (CDMI) | SNIA
Inktank Storage External links:
Peter Trepp v. Inktank Storage, Inc. et al – Law360
Peter Trepp V. Inktank Storage, Inc. Et Al – C-D-CA
Virtual machine image External links:
VIRTUAL MACHINE IMAGE DISK USAGE – International …
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 External links:
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – Fujitsu United States
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – YouTube
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – YouTube
Export restrictions External links:
Export Restrictions | Remington
Amazon Web Services External links:
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
Attack surface External links:
What Is an Attack Surface? | WIRED
Google Cloud Platform External links:
See 7 real customers reviews & our expert’s opinion of Google Cloud Platform before signing up and learn why they are ranked 408th out of 4065 web hosting companies
Cloud Launcher – Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud Platform
Data center External links:
ADE Data Center – Home
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center
Web API External links:
Navionics Web API v2 – LAKE OF THE WOODS
Virtual private cloud External links:
Virtual Private Cloud Services | Hostway
Virtual Network – Virtual Private Cloud | Microsoft Azure
Private Cloud Hosting with CloudConnect Virtual Private Cloud
Platform as a service External links:
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
Fully Managed Big Data Platform as a Service | Cazena
VPaaS – Video Platform as a Service | Kaltura
Data in transit External links:
Physical Security for Data in Transit – TCDI
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Engine Yard External links:
Engine Yard (@engineyard) | Twitter
Tom Mornini, Engine Yard Inc: Profile & Biography – Bloomberg
Engine Yard – Official Site
Cloud database External links:
SQL Database – Cloud Database as a Service | Microsoft Azure
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
Personally identifiable information External links:
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) – RMDA
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides External links:
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides – Adelphi University
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage Reviews | Latest Customer Reviews and …
Zadara Storage Executives, Organizational Chart, …
Zadara Storage – Home | Facebook
Web service External links:
HOW TO: Write a Simple Web Service by Using Visual C# .NET
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
Virtual Machine Manager Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Infrastructure as a service External links:
Cloud-Based Infrastructure as a Service Comes to …
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
File hosting service External links:
DET File Hosting Service with Enhanced Recovery
Best File Hosting Service – Super Shareware
Data at rest External links:
What is data at rest? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data protection External links:
Office of Privacy and Data Protection
Google Privacy | Why data protection matters
Amazon S3 External links:
Free Amazon S3 Browser
ad · explorer.cloudberrylab.com/S3
Amazon S3 HTML Title – Stack Overflow
Amazon S3 Reviews | G2 Crowd
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Rackspace Cloud | Easy Install & Configure
Rackspace Cloud Drive – Desktop Sync | Rackspace Hosting
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
Overview | SAP Cloud Platform
mind-demous – SAP Cloud Platform
SAP Cloud Platform Integration
Zoho Corporation External links:
GDPR Compliance Corporate Statement | Zoho Corporation
Zoho Corporation – Android Apps on Google Play
Submit a Request – Zoho Corporation