What is involved in Yield Management
Find out what the related areas are that Yield Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Yield Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Yield Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Yield Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Yield Management related domains to cover and 149 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Yield Management, Expected Marginal Seat Revenue, Deutsche Bahn, High-yield debt, Length of stay, Last minute advertising, Variable pricing, Fixed price, Revenue Analytics, Pricing power, People Express Airlines, Customer service, Dynamic packaging, Real time policy, Production management, Multifamily Executive Magazine, Mathematical models, Market segmentation, Supply and demand, Price point, Neural network, Luxury vehicles, Algorithmic pricing, Inventory control, Marginal revenue, The Coca-Cola Company, Vending machine, Real-time charging, Global Distribution System, Global economy, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, Low cost carrier, Hospitality industry, Financial markets, Loyalty business model, Point of interest, Planning horizon, Airline seat, Experimental economics, Revenue management, Communications service provider, Legacy carriers, Littlewood’s rule, Electronic commerce, Yield Management, Mass production, Software bug, Customer satisfaction, Weighted mean, National Car Rental, Price discrimination, Corporate image, United Parcel Service, Relationship marketing, Cruise line:
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Jump start Yield Management strategies and research ways can we become the Yield Management company that would put us out of business.
– Does Yield Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is maximizing Yield Management protection the same as minimizing Yield Management loss?
– How can we improve Yield Management?
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Expected Marginal Seat Revenue outcomes and innovate what needs to be done with Expected Marginal Seat Revenue.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Yield Management processes?
– Who will provide the final approval of Yield Management deliverables?
– Are assumptions made in Yield Management stated explicitly?
Deutsche Bahn Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Deutsche Bahn strategies and create Deutsche Bahn explanations for all managers.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Yield Management in a volatile global economy?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Yield Management agendas for the next 3 years?
High-yield debt Critical Criteria:
Face High-yield debt results and define what our big hairy audacious High-yield debt goal is.
– In a project to restructure Yield Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Yield Management project?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Yield Management processes of our organization?
Length of stay Critical Criteria:
Debate over Length of stay tasks and know what your objective is.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Yield Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Yield Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How is the value delivered by Yield Management being measured?
Last minute advertising Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Last minute advertising quality and explain and analyze the challenges of Last minute advertising.
– Does Yield Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Yield Management?
Variable pricing Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Variable pricing risks and catalog what business benefits will Variable pricing goals deliver if achieved.
– To what extent does management recognize Yield Management as a tool to increase the results?
– Does Yield Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are all of our Yield Management domains and what do they do?
Fixed price Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Fixed price projects and secure Fixed price creativity.
– Are the organizations current procurement rules and culture set-up to approve and finance fluctuating costs, i.e. pay-per-use over fixed price services?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Yield Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Yield Management analysis show the relationships among important Yield Management factors?
– Is Yield Management Required?
Revenue Analytics Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Revenue Analytics decisions and get the big picture.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Yield Management objectives?
Pricing power Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Pricing power quality and devise Pricing power key steps.
– Will Yield Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Does the Yield Management task fit the clients priorities?
– Who needs to know about Yield Management ?
People Express Airlines Critical Criteria:
Learn from People Express Airlines tasks and oversee implementation of People Express Airlines.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Yield Management?
– Are there Yield Management Models?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Talk about Customer service governance and correct better engagement with Customer service results.
– Some customers call Customer Service. some customers browse our web site. some customers never buy from us again. are we listening to what theyre saying?
– In the past year, have you intended to conduct a business transaction or make a purchase but decided not to based on a poor Customer Service experience?
– When you contact a Customer Service center by phone, what is the maximum amount of time you are willing to wait on hold?
– Since you do not have a relationship with a new client, what will you do to get off to a solid start?
– Management: what qualities would a manager who is focused on outstanding Customer Service possess?
– What are acceptable techniques for directing a customer to the Customer Service department?
– Do we Greet our customer by asking questions like, hello, how may I help you?
– Do we have a vision for our staff, and do they know what the target is?
– How do we know if we are measuring or meeting our customer s needs?
– In what ways have you seen modesty in others exhibited in the past?
– CRM and Customer Service: Strategic Asset or Corporate Overhead?
– Do you need to work on developing any skills and knowledge?
– What is the percentage of calls transferred to you?
– What systems and procedures do we have in place?
– How do we fit in the Customer Service wheel?
– Do clients enjoy doing business with you?
– Are our messages friendly and respectful?
– How would you define Customer Service?
– Are your people easy to deal with?
– Scripting: what is it?
Dynamic packaging Critical Criteria:
Talk about Dynamic packaging decisions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Is the Yield Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Yield Management study?
– Have all basic functions of Yield Management been defined?
Real time policy Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Real time policy outcomes and plan concise Real time policy education.
– Why are Yield Management skills important?
Production management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Production management management and get going.
– What vendors make products that address the Yield Management needs?
– How can the value of Yield Management be defined?
Multifamily Executive Magazine Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Multifamily Executive Magazine outcomes and oversee implementation of Multifamily Executive Magazine.
– Is there a Yield Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Why is Yield Management important for you now?
– Is a Yield Management Team Work effort in place?
Mathematical models Critical Criteria:
See the value of Mathematical models results and summarize a clear Mathematical models focus.
– Are accountability and ownership for Yield Management clearly defined?
– Does Yield Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How can skill-level changes improve Yield Management?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Market segmentation planning and catalog Market segmentation activities.
– What are the key elements of your Yield Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Yield Management values?
Supply and demand Critical Criteria:
Coach on Supply and demand governance and probe the present value of growth of Supply and demand.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Yield Management project?
– Have you identified your Yield Management key performance indicators?
Price point Critical Criteria:
Consult on Price point adoptions and grade techniques for implementing Price point controls.
– In the case of a Yield Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Yield Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Yield Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Yield Management. How do we gain traction?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Yield Management move?
Neural network Critical Criteria:
Track Neural network strategies and pioneer acquisition of Neural network systems.
– what is the best design framework for Yield Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Think about the functions involved in your Yield Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
Luxury vehicles Critical Criteria:
Mine Luxury vehicles engagements and grade techniques for implementing Luxury vehicles controls.
– When a Yield Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is Yield Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is the scope of Yield Management defined?
Algorithmic pricing Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Algorithmic pricing decisions and define what our big hairy audacious Algorithmic pricing goal is.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Yield Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Which customers cant participate in our Yield Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Inventory control Critical Criteria:
Investigate Inventory control strategies and ask questions.
Marginal revenue Critical Criteria:
Confer re Marginal revenue projects and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Yield Management leaders?
– What are the usability implications of Yield Management actions?
– Which Yield Management goals are the most important?
The Coca-Cola Company Critical Criteria:
Recall The Coca-Cola Company management and question.
– Can we add value to the current Yield Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Yield Management with what users do day-to-day?
– Do the Yield Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Vending machine Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Vending machine adoptions and plan concise Vending machine education.
– Is there any existing Yield Management governance structure?
– What are specific Yield Management Rules to follow?
Real-time charging Critical Criteria:
See the value of Real-time charging projects and grade techniques for implementing Real-time charging controls.
– How do we measure improved Yield Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Do we all define Yield Management in the same way?
– What is our Yield Management Strategy?
Global Distribution System Critical Criteria:
Frame Global Distribution System results and define what our big hairy audacious Global Distribution System goal is.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Yield Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Yield Management process available?
– Among the Yield Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Global economy Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Global economy quality and budget for Global economy challenges.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Yield Management?
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences Critical Criteria:
Track Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences risks and intervene in Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences processes and leadership.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Yield Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does our organization need more Yield Management education?
Low cost carrier Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Low cost carrier adoptions and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Yield Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How can you measure Yield Management in a systematic way?
– Are we Assessing Yield Management and Risk?
Hospitality industry Critical Criteria:
Focus on Hospitality industry strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Hospitality industry skills.
– How can you negotiate Yield Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do Yield Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Financial markets Critical Criteria:
Administer Financial markets tactics and attract Financial markets skills.
– What are the barriers to increased Yield Management production?
Loyalty business model Critical Criteria:
Drive Loyalty business model quality and get out your magnifying glass.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Yield Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are current Yield Management Paradigms?
Point of interest Critical Criteria:
Focus on Point of interest visions and differentiate in coordinating Point of interest.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Yield Management Management?
– Why should we adopt a Yield Management framework?
Planning horizon Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Planning horizon adoptions and correct Planning horizon management by competencies.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Yield Management moving forward?
Airline seat Critical Criteria:
Infer Airline seat tactics and create Airline seat explanations for all managers.
– Consider your own Yield Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Is Supporting Yield Management documentation required?
– How to Secure Yield Management?
Experimental economics Critical Criteria:
Meet over Experimental economics strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Yield Management is underway?
– How likely is the current Yield Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Revenue management Critical Criteria:
Devise Revenue management governance and oversee implementation of Revenue management.
– How do we keep improving Yield Management?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Communications service provider quality and balance specific methods for improving Communications service provider results.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Yield Management process?
Legacy carriers Critical Criteria:
Guide Legacy carriers planning and shift your focus.
– What are our Yield Management Processes?
Littlewood’s rule Critical Criteria:
Check Littlewood’s rule issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Yield Management activities?
Electronic commerce Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Electronic commerce decisions and gather practices for scaling Electronic commerce.
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Debate over Yield Management governance and get the big picture.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Yield Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Yield Management process?
Mass production Critical Criteria:
Examine Mass production management and integrate design thinking in Mass production innovation.
Software bug Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Software bug outcomes and oversee Software bug management by competencies.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Yield Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Deduce Customer satisfaction governance and display thorough understanding of the Customer satisfaction process.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Yield Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
Weighted mean Critical Criteria:
Group Weighted mean quality and find the ideas you already have.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Yield Management project?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Yield Management effort?
National Car Rental Critical Criteria:
Shape National Car Rental results and give examples utilizing a core of simple National Car Rental skills.
Price discrimination Critical Criteria:
Adapt Price discrimination strategies and drive action.
Corporate image Critical Criteria:
Start Corporate image engagements and describe the risks of Corporate image sustainability.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Yield Management process?
United Parcel Service Critical Criteria:
Consider United Parcel Service governance and oversee United Parcel Service requirements.
– What is the purpose of Yield Management in relation to the mission?
Relationship marketing Critical Criteria:
Guard Relationship marketing management and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Relationship marketing information.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Yield Management requirements in detail?
– Does relationship marketing age well?
Cruise line Critical Criteria:
See the value of Cruise line strategies and figure out ways to motivate other Cruise line users.
– Is Yield Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How will you know that the Yield Management project has been successful?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Yield Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue External links:
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue – How is Expected …
EMSR abbreviation stands for Expected Marginal Seat Revenue
Deutsche Bahn External links:
Deutsche Bahn AG (@DB_Presse) | Twitter
Deutsche Bahn Werbung 1990 – YouTube
Deutsche Bahn – discover Germany and Europe by rail!
Length of stay External links:
The Length of Stay (LOS) report in LTC Trend Tracker calculates the median LOS for all new admissions from a hospital. As well as the percentage of new admissions who have stays of 7 days or fewer, 14 days or fewer, 20 days or fewer and. 45 days or fewer.
Variable pricing External links:
Variable pricing — AccountingTools
2017 VARIABLE PRICING | Miami Dolphins
[PDF]Variable Pricing Case Study – expocad.com
www.expocad.com/pdfs/LSR Variable Pricing Case Study.pdf
Fixed price External links:
MO Fixed Price Vehicles
Goodie – Fixed price websites coded for you
Fixed Price Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS) | Nucleus Biologics
Revenue Analytics External links:
Revenue Analytics – Official Site
Retail Sales Forecasting Software | Revenue Analytics
Pricing power External links:
What is PRICING POWER – Black’s Law Dictionary
pricing power | Hallmark Abstract LLC
People Express Airlines External links:
People Express Airlines, Inc. v. Consolidated Rail Corp.
People Express Airlines Alumni Reunion Custom Ink …
Customer service External links:
Bank of America Customer Service
Zendesk | Customer Service Software & Support Ticket …
Voya Life Customer Service
Production management External links:
JobNimbus: Roofing Software, CRM, Production Management
Power Production Management
Studio Suite | Post and Production Management Software
Multifamily Executive Magazine External links:
Business & Finance | Multifamily Executive Magazine
Multifamily Executive Magazine: Best Reuse of Land, …
Mathematical models External links:
mathematical models | Fort Collins Science Center
Mathematical Models – Math Is Fun
[PDF]Title: Mathematical models for the ward atmosphere …
Market segmentation External links:
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
Target Marketing Definition – Market Segmentation
Title | Market Segmentation | Market (Economics)
Supply and demand External links:
Supply and Demand – BrainPOP
Law of Supply and Demand: Basic Economics – Investopedia
Price point External links:
The Best AR-15 Optics at Every Price Point – Guns & Ammo
Neural network External links:
Docs – Neural Network Console
COMMUNITY – Neural Network Console
Neural Network Libraries
Luxury vehicles External links:
Porsche of Melbourne Dealership | New & Used Luxury Vehicles
New GMC Denali Luxury Vehicles | Luxury Trucks and SUVs
2017 Lincoln® Black Label Luxury Vehicles & …
Algorithmic pricing External links:
Algorithmic Pricing Is Creating An Arms Race On …
Inventory control External links:
Inventory control (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Inventory Control / Capitalization | Accounting Office
Marginal revenue External links:
[DOC]Marginal Revenue Problem – Arkansas State University
clt.astate.edu/randyk/micro/problems and solutions/MRprob.doc
Marginal Revenue – MR – MR – Investopedia
Marginal Revenue Product (MRP) – Investopedia
The Coca-Cola Company External links:
Careers at The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company Sweetener Challenge – HeroX
Vending machine External links:
Vending Machine Locator – We’re Vending Locators
VendSoft – Vending Machine Route Management
Candy Vending Machines – Vending Machine Supplies, …
Global Distribution System External links:
Global Distribution System Compatibility | RezOvation
LuxuryRes | GDS IDS | Global Distribution System
Low cost carrier External links:
Hospitality industry External links:
Food Safety Courses & Training | Hospitality Industry …
Financial markets External links:
PoloInvest I Trading ?1 on the financial markets in Russia
Financial Markets Inc > Home
Money, Banking and Financial Markets – Official Site
Loyalty business model External links:
Loyalty Business Model | Global Marketing Montreal
Point of interest External links:
Point of Interest Data | MapQuest for Business
Credico Complaint or Point Of Interest Form – Formsite
Point of Interest | Steel Valley Trail Council
Planning horizon External links:
[PDF]PLANNING HORIZON 2030 – Lake County, Florida
[PDF]Planning Horizon 2025 – Lake County, Florida …
Financial Planning Horizon | Social Security Choices
Airline seat External links:
A Quick Guide to Airline Seat Width – SmarterTravel
Experimental economics External links:
Experimental Economics – Springer
Experimental Economics Replication Project
Experimental economics (eBook, 1994) [WorldCat.org]
Revenue management External links:
Receivable Recovery Solutions – Healthcare Revenue Management
RevControl | Revenue Management made easy
TCRM: Premier Revenue Management in all hospitality areas
Communications service provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Lithexcel, Marketing and Communications Service Provider
Electronic commerce External links:
Barnes & Noble Electronic Commerce
What is Electronic Commerce (ecommerce)? Webopedia …
Electronic commerce (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
Yield Management External links:
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
T-Shape Consulting – Digital Advertising Yield Management
Mass production External links:
Mass Production – Firecracker!! – YouTube
Mass production. (Book, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]MASS PRODUCTION – Ki?isel Sayfalar – deu.edu.tr
Software bug External links:
iPad software bug fix? | Verizon Community
Software Bug Report – Formsite
ZyXEL to Issue Fix for LTE3301-Q222 Software Bug
Customer satisfaction External links:
Welcome to the Academy Sports + Outdoors Customer Satisfaction Survey. We value your candid feedback and appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey.
Move.mil – Claims/Customer Satisfaction Survey – Claims
Giant Eagle Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Raising Cane’s Customer Satisfaction Survey
Weighted mean External links:
Compute a weighted mean in SAS – The DO Loop
Statistics – Find the weighted mean – YouTube
Tariff rate, applied, weighted mean, all products (%) | Data
National Car Rental External links:
National Car Rental Curacao | Service and Quality
National Car Rental Coupons, Promo Codes & 2.5% Cash …
National Car Rental – Official Site
Price discrimination External links:
Price Discrimination – Investopedia
ERIC – Marketing Theory Applied to Price Discrimination …
What Every Business Should Know About Price Discrimination
Corporate image External links:
Corporate Image, Product Demonstration, and Training …
United Parcel Service External links:
First Officer at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE – jobs-ups.com
United Parcel Service on the Forbes Top Regarded …
Relationship marketing External links:
Inbox | Relationship marketing and customer value …
Creative Customer Relationship Marketing — FedEx
Master Relationship Marketing
Cruise line External links:
Norwegian Cruise Line: Log in
Destinations – Norwegian Cruise Line
Go – Disney Cruise Line