What is involved in Mechatronics
Find out what the related areas are that Mechatronics connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mechatronics thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Mechatronics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Mechatronics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mechatronics related domains to cover and 151 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mechatronics, Systems engineering, Information technology, Civil engineering, Food technology, Industrial Revolution, Computer aided design, Chemical engineering, Traffic engineering, Soft energy technology, Technology fusion, Technological self-efficacy, Atomic Age, Petroleum engineering, Food engineering, Military technology, STEAM fields, Emerging technologies, Jet Age, Philosophy of technology, Power engineering, Yaskawa Electric Corporation, Integrated Authority File, Technology integration, Dual-use technology, Web engineering, Artificial intelligence, Computer science, Technology lifecycle, Neolithic Revolution, Railway engineering, Technology and society, Information and communications technology, Second Industrial Revolution, Aerospace engineering, Strategy of Technology, Technology management, Telecommunications engineering, Electrical engineering, Digital Revolution, Mining engineering, Chemical thermodynamics, Hydraulic engineering, Biomedical technology, Technological somnambulism, Timeline of historic inventions, Productivity improving technologies, Microwave engineering, Acoustical engineering, Food chemistry, Ecological design, Euler diagram, Army engineering maintenance, Technology demonstration, Technological alliance:
Mechatronics Critical Criteria:
Confer re Mechatronics visions and revise understanding of Mechatronics architectures.
– What will drive Mechatronics change?
– How do we keep improving Mechatronics?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Systems engineering risks and devise Systems engineering key steps.
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– When we try to quantify Systems Engineering in terms of capturing productivity (i.e., size/effort) data to incorporate into a parametric model, what size measure captures the amount of intellectual work performed by the systems engineer?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– What is the structure of the different information aspects on the interface?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– Who are the stakeholders involved with the system?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– How will we know when we are done?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– What are our objectives?
– How confident are we?
– Right requirements?
– What is a system?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Study Information technology outcomes and gather Information technology models .
– In the case of a Mechatronics project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Mechatronics project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Mechatronics project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– How important is Mechatronics to the user organizations mission?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– What are current Mechatronics Paradigms?
Civil engineering Critical Criteria:
Boost Civil engineering management and prioritize challenges of Civil engineering.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Mechatronics in a volatile global economy?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Mechatronics effort?
– What is Effective Mechatronics?
Food technology Critical Criteria:
Rank Food technology projects and adopt an insight outlook.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Mechatronics process?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Mechatronics delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we maintain Mechatronicss Integrity?
Industrial Revolution Critical Criteria:
Depict Industrial Revolution engagements and create a map for yourself.
– What are the usability implications of Mechatronics actions?
– How would one define Mechatronics leadership?
Computer aided design Critical Criteria:
Confer over Computer aided design failures and find the essential reading for Computer aided design researchers.
– Do Mechatronics rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Why is Mechatronics important for you now?
Chemical engineering Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Chemical engineering engagements and innovate what needs to be done with Chemical engineering.
– Think of your Mechatronics project. what are the main functions?
– Who sets the Mechatronics standards?
– Are we Assessing Mechatronics and Risk?
Traffic engineering Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Traffic engineering engagements and check on ways to get started with Traffic engineering.
– Think about the functions involved in your Mechatronics project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Do the Mechatronics decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are specific Mechatronics Rules to follow?
Soft energy technology Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Soft energy technology engagements and learn.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Mechatronics processes?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Mechatronics Management?
Technology fusion Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Technology fusion failures and secure Technology fusion creativity.
– Consider your own Mechatronics project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Mechatronics does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Mechatronics?
Technological self-efficacy Critical Criteria:
Track Technological self-efficacy failures and learn.
– Have you identified your Mechatronics key performance indicators?
– How can skill-level changes improve Mechatronics?
Atomic Age Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Atomic Age planning and optimize Atomic Age leadership as a key to advancement.
– Will Mechatronics have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Mechatronics opportunities costing us money?
Petroleum engineering Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Petroleum engineering strategies and separate what are the business goals Petroleum engineering is aiming to achieve.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Mechatronics? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Does Mechatronics analysis show the relationships among important Mechatronics factors?
– Have all basic functions of Mechatronics been defined?
Food engineering Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Food engineering management and report on developing an effective Food engineering strategy.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Mechatronics strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mechatronics is underway?
– Do we monitor the Mechatronics decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Military technology Critical Criteria:
Examine Military technology tasks and forecast involvement of future Military technology projects in development.
– Does Mechatronics systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Mechatronics that make it risky?
– What is our formula for success in Mechatronics ?
STEAM fields Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to STEAM fields management and triple focus on important concepts of STEAM fields relationship management.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Mechatronics values?
Emerging technologies Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Emerging technologies management and drive action.
– Do you have a good understanding of emerging technologies and business trends that are vital for the management of IT risks in a fast-changing environment?
– Has the impact of emerging technologies on the product been considered?
– Does Mechatronics appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Jet Age Critical Criteria:
Confer over Jet Age goals and oversee Jet Age requirements.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Mechatronics models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are internal and external Mechatronics relations?
– How to deal with Mechatronics Changes?
Philosophy of technology Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Philosophy of technology management and observe effective Philosophy of technology.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Mechatronics project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What business benefits will Mechatronics goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we Lead with Mechatronics in Mind?
Power engineering Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Power engineering tactics and get going.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Mechatronics process?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Mechatronics activities?
Yaskawa Electric Corporation Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Yaskawa Electric Corporation adoptions and get answers.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Mechatronics?
– Is there any existing Mechatronics governance structure?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Investigate Integrated Authority File governance and devote time assessing Integrated Authority File and its risk.
– What are the short and long-term Mechatronics goals?
Technology integration Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Technology integration issues and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Technology integration decisions.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Mechatronics with what users do day-to-day?
Dual-use technology Critical Criteria:
Adapt Dual-use technology quality and catalog Dual-use technology activities.
– Do we have past Mechatronics Successes?
Web engineering Critical Criteria:
Check Web engineering goals and revise understanding of Web engineering architectures.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Mechatronics project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Mechatronics project lifecycle?
– How do we Improve Mechatronics service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we manage Mechatronics Knowledge Management (KM)?
Artificial intelligence Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Artificial intelligence outcomes and ask questions.
– What about Mechatronics Analysis of results?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Survey Computer science tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing Computer science and constraints.
– Who will provide the final approval of Mechatronics deliverables?
– Are there Mechatronics problems defined?
Technology lifecycle Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Technology lifecycle planning and pioneer acquisition of Technology lifecycle systems.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Mechatronics into the services that we provide?
– What are the barriers to increased Mechatronics production?
– Do we all define Mechatronics in the same way?
Neolithic Revolution Critical Criteria:
Study Neolithic Revolution engagements and document what potential Neolithic Revolution megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Mechatronics objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Railway engineering Critical Criteria:
Administer Railway engineering governance and balance specific methods for improving Railway engineering results.
– Is Mechatronics dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Who needs to know about Mechatronics ?
Technology and society Critical Criteria:
Debate over Technology and society outcomes and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What is our Mechatronics Strategy?
Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Information and communications technology tasks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Information and communications technology.
– In what ways are Mechatronics vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Does Mechatronics analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Second Industrial Revolution Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Second Industrial Revolution quality and shift your focus.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Mechatronics processes?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Mechatronics move?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Aerospace engineering outcomes and test out new things.
– Will Mechatronics deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Strategy of Technology Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Strategy of Technology projects and explore and align the progress in Strategy of Technology.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Mechatronics workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Mechatronics goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Technology management Critical Criteria:
Coach on Technology management projects and drive action.
– For your Mechatronics project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Mechatronics, including any consulting or professional services?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Mechatronics requirements in detail?
Telecommunications engineering Critical Criteria:
Think about Telecommunications engineering governance and find the ideas you already have.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Mechatronics objectives?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Mechatronics?
Electrical engineering Critical Criteria:
Detail Electrical engineering risks and differentiate in coordinating Electrical engineering.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Mechatronics strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can we improve Mechatronics?
Digital Revolution Critical Criteria:
Add value to Digital Revolution engagements and check on ways to get started with Digital Revolution.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Mechatronics is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– How can the value of Mechatronics be defined?
Mining engineering Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Mining engineering issues and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Mining engineering information.
– Do those selected for the Mechatronics team have a good general understanding of what Mechatronics is all about?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Mechatronics project?
– Are assumptions made in Mechatronics stated explicitly?
Chemical thermodynamics Critical Criteria:
Face Chemical thermodynamics planning and probe the present value of growth of Chemical thermodynamics.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Mechatronics activities?
Hydraulic engineering Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Hydraulic engineering quality and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
Biomedical technology Critical Criteria:
Track Biomedical technology goals and oversee Biomedical technology requirements.
Technological somnambulism Critical Criteria:
Canvass Technological somnambulism issues and interpret which customers can’t participate in Technological somnambulism because they lack skills.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Mechatronics ?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Mechatronics?
Timeline of historic inventions Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Timeline of historic inventions goals and cater for concise Timeline of historic inventions education.
Productivity improving technologies Critical Criteria:
Graph Productivity improving technologies strategies and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Productivity improving technologies.
Microwave engineering Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Microwave engineering projects and adopt an insight outlook.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Mechatronics process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Mechatronics process available?
– How is the value delivered by Mechatronics being measured?
Acoustical engineering Critical Criteria:
Own Acoustical engineering failures and revise understanding of Acoustical engineering architectures.
– What are all of our Mechatronics domains and what do they do?
Food chemistry Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Food chemistry results and find out what it really means.
Ecological design Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Ecological design management and achieve a single Ecological design view and bringing data together.
– Are there Mechatronics Models?
Euler diagram Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Euler diagram planning and triple focus on important concepts of Euler diagram relationship management.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Mechatronics information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we know that any Mechatronics analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Army engineering maintenance Critical Criteria:
Chart Army engineering maintenance governance and point out improvements in Army engineering maintenance.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Mechatronics processes?
Technology demonstration Critical Criteria:
Investigate Technology demonstration failures and look at the big picture.
– How do we measure improved Mechatronics service perception, and satisfaction?
Technological alliance Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Technological alliance quality and look for lots of ideas.
– Think about the people you identified for your Mechatronics project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Mechatronics services/products?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Mechatronics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mechatronics External links:
Mechatronic Solutions | Electronics & Mechatronics …
IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics – Purdue …
Mechatronics Akademie | Chattanooga State Community College
Systems engineering External links:
Department of Biological Systems Engineering | …
Infinity Systems Engineering
Systems Engineering | IT Services Company | …
Information technology External links:
New York State Office of Information Technology Services
Information Technology at Purdue
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
Civil engineering External links:
Civil Engineering – Phoenix, AZ – Clouse Engineering Inc.
KCW Engineering Technologies, Inc. Civil Engineering …
Structural Engineering Services | Civil Engineering Services
Food technology External links:
The 6Rs (Food Technology) Flashcards | Quizlet
Taiwan YONGDA FOOD TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. Home …
Industrial Revolution External links:
The Fourth Industrial Revolution | From Frankfurt To Dalian
Smart Factory Expo | Fourth Industrial Revolution 4IR
Computer aided design External links:
[PDF]Computer Aided Design COURSE OUTLINE
Computer aided design. (Journal, magazine, 1968) …
Chemical engineering External links:
Chemical Engineering | College of Engineering
Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
Chemical Engineering | Chemical and Biomedical …
Traffic engineering External links:
ATEC | Air Traffic Engineering Services
Traffic Engineering – Miami-Dade County
Traffic Engineering Standards & Specifications
Soft energy technology External links:
Soft energy technology | Project Gutenberg Self …
Technology fusion External links:
Public Affairs, Science and Technology Fusion Center
Technological self-efficacy External links:
Technology Use, Technological Self-Efficacy and …
Atomic Age External links:
Manifesto Atomic Age – AbeBooks
Atomic age America (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Petroleum engineering External links:
What is Petroleum Engineering?
Petroleum Engineering | College of Engineering
Food engineering External links:
ERIC – Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering …
Food Engineering | Washington State University
Military technology External links:
Military News – Latest Military Technology and …
Military technology. (Journal, magazine) [WorldCat.org]
Emerging technologies External links:
Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2017 – Gartner Inc.
Jet Age External links:
Hotel at iconic TWA terminal will evoke glamour of jet age
the Jet Age – Home | Facebook
The machines that made the Jet Age / Boing Boing
Philosophy of technology External links:
Philosophy of Technology | Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Contemporary Philosophy of Technology Research …
Philosophy of Technology – YouTube
Power engineering External links:
ABOUT US – Power Engineering, Inc.
Yaskawa Electric Corporation External links:
YASKAWA Electric Corporation (YASKY) – Yahoo Finance
Yaskawa Electric Corporation – ReWalk – More Than Walking
Technology integration External links:
MCW, a Diversified Company | Technology Integration …
Distance Education & Technology Integration (DETI)
Dual-use technology External links:
[PDF]GAO-09-725T Military and Dual-Use Technology: …
Dual-Use Technology – giiresearch.com
Web engineering External links:
What Is Web Engineering? | eHow
WebSite Design | Digital Marketing | Aspen Web Engineering
Artificial intelligence External links:
Arccos Caddie – Golf’s First Artificial Intelligence Platform
RPA and Artificial Intelligence Summit 2017 – Official Site
Computer science External links:
UIC Computer Science
MyComputerCareer | Computer Science | IT Jobs | …
Technology lifecycle External links:
CompTIA | Technology Lifecycle Services Community
Work at Tangoe | Technology Lifecycle Management …
Neolithic Revolution External links:
The Neolithic Revolution – Angelfire
Railway engineering External links:
American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of …
Watson Railway Engineering Ltd – Home | Facebook
Technology and society External links:
ERIC – Technology and Society: Their Impact on Each …
Franklin & Marshall – Science, Technology and Society
Science Technology and Society
Information and communications technology External links:
iota – Information and Communications Technology
Second Industrial Revolution External links:
Second Industrial Revolution | history | Britannica.com
The Second Industrial Revolution – YouTube
The Second Industrial Revolution – Background
Aerospace engineering External links:
Aerospace Engineering | College of Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering | School of …
Technology management External links:
NPI Technology Management – Network Performance Inc.
dmarcian-eu – dmarcian – DMARC – Technology Management …
Home | Business Technology Management programs at …
Telecommunications engineering External links:
CHR Solutions – Telecommunications Engineering, …
Leadership | V-COMM Telecommunications Engineering
Telecommunications Engineering Specialists at My Next Move
Electrical engineering External links:
KCL Engineering | Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Applied Engineering Concepts – Electrical Engineering …
Digital Revolution External links:
Join The Digital Revolution | A journey from analog to digital
Inside Balmain’s Digital Revolution | The Business of Fashion
Mining engineering External links:
Mining Engineering Degrees | University of Nevada, Reno
MSHA training | mining training | mining engineering courses
Chemical thermodynamics External links:
CHEM 4596 Chemical Thermodynamics (3) – Acalog …
[PDF]Chapter 19 Chemical Thermodynamics – University of …
Chemical Thermodynamics – Shodor
Hydraulic engineering External links:
Hydraulic Engineering Services Available Through JHF
Hydraulic Engineering Technician : Fluid Power …
Hydraulic Engineering | Core Project Consulting
Biomedical technology External links:
Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine
Institute of Innovative Biomedical Technology and FitoBalt®
UNO and UNMC Institute to Bring Biomedical Technology …
Timeline of historic inventions External links:
Timeline of historic inventions – YouTube
Microwave engineering External links:
Keith W. Whites: EE 481/481L Microwave Engineering
Microwave Engineering and Design Experience • …
Acoustical engineering External links:
Acoustical Engineering – Home | Facebook
SPS Acoustical Engineering LLC
Food chemistry External links:
Public Health & Environmental Laboratories | Food Chemistry
IB Food Chemistry Flashcards | Quizlet
Journal of Food Chemistry and Nutrition
Ecological design External links:
Ecological design (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Ecological Design – torquay.store
Euler diagram External links:
Army engineering maintenance External links:
Army engineering maintenance – Infogalactic: the …
Technology demonstration External links:
SlurryKat Spreading Technology Demonstration – YouTube
Oncor Microgrid and Technology Demonstration and …
NASA Technology Demonstration Missions Home Page