What is involved in Data processing
Find out what the related areas are that Data processing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data processing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Data processing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Data processing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data processing related domains to cover and 159 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data processing, 1850 United States Census, 1890 United States Census, 1950 United States Census, Aggregate data, Balance sheet, Big data, Business reporting, Cash flow statement, Data Processing Management Association, Data analysis, Data classification, Data collection, Data processing system, Data validation, Electronic computers, Electronic data processing, Human computer, Information processing, Information technology, Integrated Authority File, Mechanical calculator, National Diet Library, Punched card, Statistical analysis, Summary statistic, UNIVAC I, Unit record equipment, United States Census Bureau, Word processing:
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Data processing visions and innovate what needs to be done with Data processing.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– Is Data processing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Data processing requirements in detail?
– Is there any existing Data processing governance structure?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
1850 United States Census Critical Criteria:
Infer 1850 United States Census adoptions and point out 1850 United States Census tensions in leadership.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Data processing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Data processing, including any consulting or professional services?
1890 United States Census Critical Criteria:
Give examples of 1890 United States Census management and point out improvements in 1890 United States Census.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Data processing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Will Data processing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we keep improving Data processing?
1950 United States Census Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot 1950 United States Census issues and describe which business rules are needed as 1950 United States Census interface.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Data processing into the services that we provide?
– Does Data processing analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What is the purpose of Data processing in relation to the mission?
Aggregate data Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Aggregate data issues and cater for concise Aggregate data education.
– Do the Data processing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What aggregate data would you want to capture?
– What are the long-term Data processing goals?
– How to deal with Data processing Changes?
Balance sheet Critical Criteria:
Focus on Balance sheet risks and create Balance sheet explanations for all managers.
– How well are the companys assets being employed to generate sales revenue?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Data processing processes?
– How well the overall operations of the firm are managed (is it profitable?
– What is the total depreciation that has been taken on assets?
– Do auditors objectively evaluate their subordinates work?
– Have you ever failed to complete any work awarded to you?
– Was cash used to buy stocks, bonds or other investments?
– What percentage of the firms capital structure is debt?
– Were some investments sold that brought in cash?
– Is the capitalization of expenses appropriate?
– Are mark-to-market prices from liquid markets?
– How much will retained profits increase by?
– Are adequate job cost procedures in place?
– What are expected losses in the future?
– What do profitability ratios measure?
– What do liquidity ratios measure?
– Are billings in excess of costs?
– What do leverage ratios measure?
– So, are assets good or bad?
– How is equity calculated?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Big data tactics and describe the risks of Big data sustainability.
– What is (or would be) the added value of collaborating with other entities regarding data sharing across economic sectors?
– What rules and regulations should exist about combining data about individuals into a central repository?
– To what extent does your organization have experience with big data and data-driven innovation (DDI)?
– Which departments in your organization are involved in using data technologies and data analytics?
– Which core Oracle Business Intelligence or Big Data Analytics products are used in your solution?
– Do you see areas in your domain or across domains where vendor lock-in is a potential risk?
– In which way does big data create, or is expected to create, value in the organization?
– Quality vs. Quantity: What data are required to satisfy the given value proposition?
– Is senior management in your organization involved in big data-related projects?
– How can the benefits of Big Data collection and applications be measured?
– What are the new applications that are enabled by Big Data solutions?
– At which levels do you see the need for standardisation actions?
– Can we really afford to store and process all that data?
– How to model context in a computational environment?
– How much data correction can we do at the edges?
– How much data might be lost to pruning?
– Wait, DevOps does not apply to Big Data?
– Where Is This Big Data Coming From ?
– What is Advanced Analytics?
– Find traffic bottlenecks ?
Business reporting Critical Criteria:
Mine Business reporting leadership and budget for Business reporting challenges.
– Do those selected for the Data processing team have a good general understanding of what Data processing is all about?
– Is there a Data processing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Who needs to know about Data processing ?
Cash flow statement Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Cash flow statement management and oversee Cash flow statement management by competencies.
– Is maximizing Data processing protection the same as minimizing Data processing loss?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Data processing activities?
– Can we do Data processing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Data Processing Management Association Critical Criteria:
Audit Data Processing Management Association quality and devote time assessing Data Processing Management Association and its risk.
– Who sets the Data processing standards?
– Is the scope of Data processing defined?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Data analysis results and maintain Data analysis for success.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Data processing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Data processing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
– How can skill-level changes improve Data processing?
Data classification Critical Criteria:
Apply Data classification issues and do something to it.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Data processing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What is the source of the strategies for Data processing strengthening and reform?
Data collection Critical Criteria:
Model after Data collection tactics and intervene in Data collection processes and leadership.
– How is source data collected (paper questionnaire, computer assisted person interview, computer assisted telephone interview, web data collection form)?
– Is it understood that the risk management effectiveness critically depends on data collection, analysis and dissemination of relevant data?
– Are we collecting data once and using it many times, or duplicating data collection efforts and submerging data in silos?
– Do we double check that the data collected follows the plans and procedures for data collection?
– Do data reflect stable and consistent data collection processes and analysis methods over time?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Data processing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are there standard data collection and reporting forms that are systematically used?
– What is the definitive data collection and what is the legacy of said collection?
– Do you define jargon and other terminology used in data collection tools?
– Do we use controls throughout the data collection and management process?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Data processing?
– Do you use the same data collection methods for all sites?
– Do you clearly document your data collection methods?
– What is the schedule and budget for data collection?
– Is our data collection and acquisition optimized?
Data processing system Critical Criteria:
Think about Data processing system issues and develop and take control of the Data processing system initiative.
– Do Data processing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Does the Data processing task fit the clients priorities?
– How do we Lead with Data processing in Mind?
Data validation Critical Criteria:
Focus on Data validation issues and pioneer acquisition of Data validation systems.
– In what ways are Data processing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Data processing project?
Electronic computers Critical Criteria:
Design Electronic computers goals and separate what are the business goals Electronic computers is aiming to achieve.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Data processing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Are there Data processing Models?
Electronic data processing Critical Criteria:
Match Electronic data processing strategies and acquire concise Electronic data processing education.
– What will drive Data processing change?
Human computer Critical Criteria:
Discuss Human computer tactics and adjust implementation of Human computer.
– Which customers cant participate in our Data processing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Data processing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is the difference between Interaction Design and Human Computer Interaction?
– Have you identified your Data processing key performance indicators?
Information processing Critical Criteria:
Face Information processing quality and oversee Information processing management by competencies.
– Is the security of organizations information and information processing facilities maintained when these are accessed, processed, communicated to or managed by external parties?
– Prevention of Misuse of Information Processing Facilities: Are users deterred from using information processing facilities for unauthorized purposes?
– What new requirements emerge in terms of information processing/management to make physical and virtual world data fusion possible?
– Are un-authorized user access, compromise or theft of information and information processing facilities prevented?
– Are the integrity and availability and information processing and communication services maintained?
– Are correct and secure operations of information processing facilities ensured?
– Are we able to detect unauthorized information processing activities?
– What are internal and external Data processing relations?
– How can the value of Data processing be defined?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Graph Information technology management and summarize a clear Information technology focus.
– In the case of a Data processing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Data processing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Data processing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Data processing activities?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Coach on Integrated Authority File planning and find out.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Data processing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Data processing project lifecycle?
– What threat is Data processing addressing?
Mechanical calculator Critical Criteria:
Align Mechanical calculator goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Mechanical calculator information.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Data processing processes?
– How much does Data processing help?
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
X-ray National Diet Library governance and correct National Diet Library management by competencies.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Data processing ?
– How do we know that any Data processing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the short and long-term Data processing goals?
Punched card Critical Criteria:
Discourse Punched card failures and adjust implementation of Punched card.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Data processing values?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Data processing?
Statistical analysis Critical Criteria:
Boost Statistical analysis goals and document what potential Statistical analysis megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
Summary statistic Critical Criteria:
Read up on Summary statistic adoptions and oversee implementation of Summary statistic.
– What are our Data processing Processes?
UNIVAC I Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate UNIVAC I risks and transcribe UNIVAC I as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Data processing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Do we monitor the Data processing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Unit record equipment Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Unit record equipment risks and look at the big picture.
– To what extent does management recognize Data processing as a tool to increase the results?
United States Census Bureau Critical Criteria:
Distinguish United States Census Bureau management and catalog United States Census Bureau activities.
– Think of your Data processing project. what are the main functions?
– What are current Data processing Paradigms?
Word processing Critical Criteria:
Sort Word processing visions and cater for concise Word processing education.
– What are our needs in relation to Data processing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data processing forward?
– Who will provide the final approval of Data processing deliverables?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Data processing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data processing External links:
Data processing (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Data Processing Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
[PDF]DATA PROCESSING ASSISTANT – Michigan
1850 United States Census External links:
[PDF]1850 United States Census – Ahnenforschung Kastler
1890 United States Census External links:
1890 United States Census – World Vital Records
1890 United States Census – 1890 Census | National Archives
1890 United States Census Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
1950 United States Census External links:
1950 United States Census Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
Aggregate data External links:
Aggregate Data Definition – The Glossary of Education Reform
STAAR Aggregate Data
Aggregate Data to Grasp the Whole Customer Journey
Balance sheet External links:
Sample Balance Sheet | AccountingCoach
Living Balance Sheet
Preparing a Balance Sheet – Small Business Resources | …
Big data External links:
Loudr: Big Data for Music Rights
Big Data Analytics | Edinburgh | Big Data Scotland 2017
Take 5 Media Group – Build an audience using big data
Business reporting External links:
Historically Underutilized Business Reporting
Business Reporting | IFAC
Business Reporting Instructions – Alabama State Treasury
Cash flow statement External links:
[DOC]CASH FLOW STATEMENT – New York University
Cash Flow Statement | Explanation | AccountingCoach
Cash Flow Statement | Format | Example | Sections
Data Processing Management Association External links:
Data Processing Management Association records – …
Data Processing Management Association – Hubbiz
DPMA – Data Processing Management Association
Data analysis External links:
Regional Data Warehouse/Data Analysis Site
OSEDA – Office of Social and Economic Data Analysis
Steps in the Data Analysis Process
Data classification External links:
What is Data Classification? – Definition from Techopedia
[PDF]Data Classification Methodology – CT.GOV …
Data Classification and Handling Standard | UA …
Data collection External links:
L.A. COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH – Data Collection & Analysis
Field Data Collection Positions | Westat.com
EADA web-based data collection system
Data processing system External links:
Data processing system – DITMORE, HARRY B JR
Automatic data processing system – definition of …
Data validation External links:
Data Validation in Excel – EASY Excel Tutorial
Data Validation – OWASP
Excel Drop Down Lists – Data Validation
Electronic computers External links:
Electronic computers (Book, 1970) [WorldCat.org]
SIC Code 3571 – Electronic Computers – Business Data …
Electronic Computers – AbeBooks
Electronic data processing External links:
DRS: Electronic Data Processing Tax Credit 25JAN2017
Information processing External links:
Contact | Vermont Information Processing
Web Visual Logistics Information Processing System
Information processing – University of Georgia
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Integrated Authority File External links:
MEDLARS indexing integrated authority file : chemical section
MEDLARS indexing: integrated authority file
MEDLARS indexing integrated authority file: chemical section
Mechanical calculator External links:
History of Computing Science: The First Mechanical Calculator
Mechanical calculator in action – YouTube
Curta Mechanical Calculator – System Curt Herzstark
National Diet Library External links:
ndl.go.jp – ????????National Diet Library
Online Gallery | National Diet Library
Punched card External links:
Edge-Punched Card & Video | Martha Stewart
Punched Card | Definition of Punched Card by Merriam-Webster
IBM100 – The Punched Card Tabulator – IBM WWW Page
Statistical analysis External links:
The Statistical Analysis Center (SAC) – State of Delaware
State of Oregon: Statistical Analysis Center – Database
Summary statistic External links:
ArcGIS Help 10.1 – Summary Statistics (Analysis)
Advice Letter Summary Statistics – California
Summary Statistics Flight Number – OST R | BTS | Transtats
UNIVAC I External links:
UNIVAC I Instruction Set – Folklore
UNIVAC I | Article about UNIVAC I by The Free Dictionary
CNN.com – 50th anniversary of the UNIVAC I – June 14, 2001
Unit record equipment External links:
Unit record equipment – YouTube
unit record equipment Pictures, Images & Photos – Photobucket
photobucket.com/images/unit record equipment
ERIC – Unit Record Equipment-Basic (Course Outline), …
United States Census Bureau External links:
United States Census Bureau | HuffPost
United States Census Bureau – Ballotpedia
Word processing External links:
[PDF]TITLE: WORD PROCESSING OPERATOR I – Official …
Word Processing (eVideo, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]Word Processing – Computer Science