What is involved in Customer Loyalty
Find out what the related areas are that Customer Loyalty connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Customer Loyalty thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Customer Loyalty journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Customer Loyalty leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Customer Loyalty related domains to cover and 161 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Customer Loyalty, Loyalty business model, Affective, American Customer Satisfaction Index, Amortization, Brand engagement, Brand loyalty, Business model, Confirmit, Customer, Customer retention, Customer satisfaction, Habitual, Lifestyle, Loyalty marketing, Medallia, Net Promoter, Net present value, Patronage concentration, Product quality, Profit margin, Profitability, Quality, Relationship marketing, Service, Service quality, Strategic management, Switching barriers, Virtuous circle and vicious circle, Word of mouth:
Customer Loyalty Critical Criteria:
Meet over Customer Loyalty tasks and look in other fields.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Customer Loyalty strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Customer Loyalty experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Customer Loyalty project manager?
– What differentiates those locations where we have higher customer loyalty?
– What differentiates our locations where we have higher customer loyalty?
– How must our value proposition change to earn greater customer loyalty?
– How does Total Quality Service Effects Toward Customer Loyalty?
Loyalty business model Critical Criteria:
Check Loyalty business model failures and arbitrate Loyalty business model techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the barriers to increased Customer Loyalty production?
– Will Customer Loyalty deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Customer Loyalty Management?
Affective Critical Criteria:
Detail Affective tasks and devote time assessing Affective and its risk.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Customer Loyalty forward?
American Customer Satisfaction Index Critical Criteria:
Administer American Customer Satisfaction Index results and assess what counts with American Customer Satisfaction Index that we are not counting.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Customer Loyalty project?
– How do we manage Customer Loyalty Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How is the value delivered by Customer Loyalty being measured?
Amortization Critical Criteria:
Frame Amortization risks and look at it backwards.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Customer Loyalty information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Customer Loyalty is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Customer Loyalty processes?
Brand engagement Critical Criteria:
Look at Brand engagement decisions and remodel and develop an effective Brand engagement strategy.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Customer Loyalty processes of our organization?
– What are the long-term Customer Loyalty goals?
Brand loyalty Critical Criteria:
Boost Brand loyalty visions and research ways can we become the Brand loyalty company that would put us out of business.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Customer Loyalty workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– what is the best design framework for Customer Loyalty organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Does Customer Loyalty systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Recall Business model tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Business model projects.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Customer Loyalty. How do we gain traction?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Customer Loyalty process?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Customer Loyalty opportunities costing us money?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
Confirmit Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Confirmit issues and finalize specific methods for Confirmit acceptance.
– How can you negotiate Customer Loyalty successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Which Customer Loyalty goals are the most important?
– Is the scope of Customer Loyalty defined?
Customer Critical Criteria:
Own Customer decisions and define what do we need to start doing with Customer.
– Do you take into account the multiple points along the way, that could have been leveraged to increase customer delight?
– Can the customer work with you to conduct separate disaster recovery tests in order to test/validate readiness?
– Outreach – how can we enhance customer outreach and opportunities for customer input?
– What are the anticipated hours of operation for live Customer Service support?
– Can visitors and customers opt out of sharing their personal information?
– What does the enterprise service quality index (esqi) mean for customers?
– Do you follow-up with your customers after their order has been filled?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– Key customers and/or suppliers been affected by the disaster?
– Will the customer have access to a development environment?
– What is your process for gathering business requirements?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– Do we Turn service problems into opportunities?
– What do we mean by the term Customer Service ?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
– What is your live agent queue abandon rate?
– Is the metadata cache size acceptable?
– Who are my customers?
– Who is a customer?
Customer retention Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Customer retention visions and catalog Customer retention activities.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Customer Loyalty services/products?
– How do we maintain Customer Loyaltys Integrity?
– How much does Customer Loyalty help?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Adapt Customer satisfaction goals and assess and formulate effective operational and Customer satisfaction strategies.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– Can we do Customer Loyalty without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
– How can we improve Customer Loyalty?
Habitual Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Habitual issues and document what potential Habitual megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What business benefits will Customer Loyalty goals deliver if achieved?
– Are there recognized Customer Loyalty problems?
Lifestyle Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Lifestyle tasks and plan concise Lifestyle education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Customer Loyalty process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Customer Loyalty process available?
– As an example; there are all kinds of innovative new applications and devices that promise to enable the connected home and vehicle, smart city and lifestyle, but how do we define what is IoT and what is not?
– In what ways are Customer Loyalty vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Have all basic functions of Customer Loyalty been defined?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Loyalty marketing governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Loyalty marketing and constraints.
– Will Customer Loyalty have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we go about Securing Customer Loyalty?
Medallia Critical Criteria:
Deduce Medallia quality and describe which business rules are needed as Medallia interface.
– In the case of a Customer Loyalty project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Customer Loyalty project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Customer Loyalty project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Customer Loyalty strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are current Customer Loyalty Paradigms?
Net Promoter Critical Criteria:
Participate in Net Promoter risks and assess what counts with Net Promoter that we are not counting.
– Is there any existing Customer Loyalty governance structure?
– What about Customer Loyalty Analysis of results?
– Are there Customer Loyalty Models?
Net present value Critical Criteria:
Generalize Net present value goals and pay attention to the small things.
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Customer Loyalty?
– How do we Identify specific Customer Loyalty investment and emerging trends?
– What is the major disadvantage of the net present value method?
– Has the products net present value (npv) been calculated?
– Is Customer Loyalty Required?
Patronage concentration Critical Criteria:
Test Patronage concentration governance and explain and analyze the challenges of Patronage concentration.
– Consider your own Customer Loyalty project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Customer Loyalty with what users do day-to-day?
– Is Customer Loyalty Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Product quality Critical Criteria:
Detail Product quality governance and catalog what business benefits will Product quality goals deliver if achieved.
– Are there any circumstances/cases for which dissolution and/or disintegration testing may no longer be needed/provide any additional values to product Quality Assurance at release?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Customer Loyalty?
Profit margin Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Profit margin quality and tour deciding if Profit margin progress is made.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Customer Loyalty strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Customer Loyalty leaders?
– How can we better deploy our employees to drive improved profit margins?
– Is the profit margin holding?
– What is our Customer Loyalty Strategy?
Profitability Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Profitability issues and maintain Profitability for success.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– How is LTV calculated and how does it differ from ROI and profitability?
– What is the purpose of Customer Loyalty in relation to the mission?
– To what extent is the profitability of the product certain?
– Profitability – will the product be (highly) profitable?
– What are internal and external Customer Loyalty relations?
– What do profitability ratios measure?
– What are three profitability ratios?
– Are we Assessing Customer Loyalty and Risk?
Quality Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Quality tactics and get going.
– Which audit findings of the Data Management and reporting system warrant recommendation notes and changes to the design in order to improve Data Quality?
– What is your Quality Assurance process to ensure that the large volumes of data gathered in the monitoring process are handled efficiently?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Which quality elements and parameters do you test and what types of methods do you use to evaluate quality?
– Can a decision (or estimate) be made with the desired level of certainty, given the quality of the data?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– Is data reported correctly (transcription, conversion, units of measurement, etc.)?
– Is data recorded with sufficient precision/detail to measure relevant indicators?
– Are source documents kept and made available in accordance with a written policy?
– Does clear documentation of collection, aggregation and manipulation steps exist?
– Perform inventory (expensive), or use proxy (track complaints). audit samples?
– Do you have policies and procedures which direct your data collection process?
– Do you define jargon and other terminology used in data collection tools?
– How will you measure your qa plan effectiveness?
– Are standardized tests available?
– Who sets public standards ?
– Where do you clean data?
Relationship marketing Critical Criteria:
Judge Relationship marketing issues and learn.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Customer Loyalty, including any consulting or professional services?
– Why is Customer Loyalty important for you now?
– Does relationship marketing age well?
Service Critical Criteria:
Chart Service management and maintain Service for success.
– For your Customer Loyalty project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are applications (approvals) and verification procedures completed by a principal or an acceptable designated representative?
– What percentage of revenues is generated from services provided by sub-contractors?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
– Do you require sub-contractors to carry E&O insurance?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– So how do we add value to the customer experience?
– What does it cost to deliver these services?
– What Customer Services are needed?
– Do we invest in Web self-services?
– Do we have an Arbitration Clause?
Service quality Critical Criteria:
Map Service quality results and plan concise Service quality education.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Customer Loyalty activities?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– What steps should we take to improve our service quality?
Strategic management Critical Criteria:
Track Strategic management goals and devise Strategic management key steps.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Customer Loyalty ?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Customer Loyalty study?
– How can you measure Customer Loyalty in a systematic way?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Use past Switching barriers tasks and report on developing an effective Switching barriers strategy.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Customer Loyalty into the services that we provide?
– Are accountability and ownership for Customer Loyalty clearly defined?
Virtuous circle and vicious circle Critical Criteria:
Scan Virtuous circle and vicious circle engagements and ask questions.
– What are the business goals Customer Loyalty is aiming to achieve?
Word of mouth Critical Criteria:
Coach on Word of mouth outcomes and point out Word of mouth tensions in leadership.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Customer Loyalty Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Customer Loyalty External links:
The 5 Types of Customers – Increase Customer Loyalty
Customer Loyalty | Beyond Philosophy
Connexions Loyalty – About Us | Customer Loyalty …
Loyalty business model External links:
Implementing a Loyalty Business Model – Accenture …
Loyalty Business Model | Global Marketing Montreal
Business Models and Architecture: The Loyalty business model
Affective External links:
Affective vs. effective – Grammarist
Affective | Definition of Affective by Merriam-Webster
American Customer Satisfaction Index External links:
[PDF]American Customer Satisfaction Index Score for …
[PDF]American Customer Satisfaction Index Veterans …
[PDF]American Customer Satisfaction Index Veterans …
Amortization External links:
What is Amortization? definition and meaning
Loan Amortization Calculator | Credit Karma
Amortization calculator | Amortization Schedule Calculator
Brand engagement External links:
Nov 27, 2007 · Brand Engagement has 6 ratings and 0 reviews. The branding landscape is dominated by the marketers, the promise makers the …
Brand Engagement by Ian P. Buckingham – Goodreads
Brand Engagement | I. Buckingham | Palgrave Macmillan
Brand loyalty External links:
5 Cues on Brand Loyalty You Can Take From Chick-fil-A
Is Brand Loyalty Dead? | AARP Media – AdAge
Business model External links:
OneTitle | business model
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
Business Model – Investopedia
Confirmit External links:
VoC, VoE & Market Research Support & Services | Confirmit
Confirmit Learning Academy
Customer External links:
How to Make a Deal With Your Entitled Customer
Entitled Customer – Funny & True Stories – Not Always Right
Are We Creating Entitled Customers? | CustomerThink
Customer retention External links:
Customer Retention & Loyalty Services | To Your Success
Customer Retention Department | Verizon Community
Customer satisfaction External links:
Weis Customer Satisfaction Survey
JCPenney Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
G.W. Shaw and Son – We Specialize in Customer Satisfaction
Habitual External links:
Habitual traffic offender – Department of Licensing
Loyalty marketing External links:
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Loyalty Marketing in Action – Entrepreneur
Tivoli Partners – Loyalty Marketing Agency for Leisure …
Medallia External links:
See what employees say it’s like to work at Medallia. Salaries, reviews, and more – all posted by employees working at Medallia.
The Customer Experience Cheat Sheet – Medallia
Medallia – San Mateo, California | Facebook
Net Promoter External links:
What Is Net Promoter?
Net Promoter Score ® | NPS ® Survey | SurveyMonkey
Net Promoter Certification | Online CEM Training Course
Net present value External links:
Net Present Value (NPV) – Math is Fun
A Refresher on Net Present Value – Harvard Business Review
Net Present Value Formula and Calculator
Patronage concentration External links:
Diagnosing the Impact of Patronage Concentration and …
Product quality External links:
[PDF]NAVY Product Quality Deficiency Report (PQDR) …
Product Quality Deficiency Report – GSA
[PDF]PRODUCT QUALITY DEFICIENCY REPORT (PQDR)
Profit margin External links:
How to Make a Profit Margin Formula in Excel | Chron.com
Profitability External links:
Pricing & Profitability Software for Commercial Banks
Quality External links:
Furniture – Quality Furniture Everyone can Afford – IKEA
H&M offers fashion and quality at the best price | H&M US
Relationship marketing External links:
What is relationship marketing? – Definition from …
Amazing Relationship Marketing Examples With Dos And …
Creative Customer Relationship Marketing — FedEx
Service External links:
Home – Guaranty Title Services
Title Services – F.C. Tucker Company, Inc.
Title Service – Get Loans Paid For – loansdknf.com
Service quality External links:
Service Quality and Tourism – AbeBooks
Strategic management External links:
Strategic Management – AbeBooks
Strategic Management – Strategic Management Insight
Switching barriers External links:
Switching Barriers in the Four-Stage Loyalty Model – …
Virtuous circle and vicious circle External links:
Virtuous circle and vicious circle – YouTube
Word of mouth External links:
Word of Mouth (1999) – IMDb
Vouch – Word of Mouth. On Demand.
Word of Mouth (TV Series 2015– ) – IMDb