What is involved in Information and communications technology
Find out what the related areas are that Information and communications technology connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Information and communications technology thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Information and communications technology journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Information and communications technology leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Information and communications technology related domains to cover and 166 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Information and communications technology, Computer engineering, Jet Age, STEM fields, Environmental technology, Space technology, Ecological design, Computer network, Control engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronic engineering, Green building, Technological escalation, Military technology, Fictional technology, Market information systems, Civil engineering, Technological singularity, Aerospace engineering, Broadcast engineering, Outline of technology, Technology governance, Mobile Web, Technological utopianism, Clean coal technology, Kardashev scale, Strategy of Technology, Research and development, Skills Framework for the Information Age, Millennium Development Goals, Safety engineering, Energy technology, Sanitary engineering, Technology assessment, Picture archiving and communication system, Disruptive innovation, Web engineering, Fire protection engineering, Technology fusion, Food technology, Renewable energy, Virtual campus, Food chemistry, Digital divide, Mature technology, Hydraulic engineering, Enterprise software, Atomic Age, Cloud computing, Architectural engineering, Music technology, Industrial biotechnology, High tech, Technology alignment:
Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
Mix Information and communications technology decisions and grade techniques for implementing Information and communications technology controls.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Information and communications technology into the services that we provide?
– How important is Information and communications technology to the user organizations mission?
– How much does Information and communications technology help?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Discourse Computer engineering outcomes and secure Computer engineering creativity.
– In the case of a Information and communications technology project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Information and communications technology project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Information and communications technology project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Information and communications technology?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Information and communications technology that make it risky?
Jet Age Critical Criteria:
Design Jet Age engagements and develop and take control of the Jet Age initiative.
– How do we Improve Information and communications technology service perception, and satisfaction?
STEM fields Critical Criteria:
Chart STEM fields failures and look for lots of ideas.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Information and communications technology is underway?
– How can skill-level changes improve Information and communications technology?
– How to Secure Information and communications technology?
Environmental technology Critical Criteria:
Refer to Environmental technology results and look at it backwards.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Information and communications technology process?
– Who needs to know about Information and communications technology ?
– Are there recognized Information and communications technology problems?
Space technology Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Space technology governance and probe the present value of growth of Space technology.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Information and communications technology models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Why is Information and communications technology important for you now?
– What about Information and communications technology Analysis of results?
Ecological design Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Ecological design visions and intervene in Ecological design processes and leadership.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Information and communications technology?
– Do we have past Information and communications technology Successes?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Investigate Computer network adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with Computer network.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Information and communications technology with what users do day-to-day?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Information and communications technology effort?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– What threat is Information and communications technology addressing?
Control engineering Critical Criteria:
Grade Control engineering risks and correct Control engineering management by competencies.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Information and communications technology objectives?
– What will drive Information and communications technology change?
Electrical engineering Critical Criteria:
Probe Electrical engineering issues and work towards be a leading Electrical engineering expert.
– Does Information and communications technology analysis show the relationships among important Information and communications technology factors?
Electronic engineering Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Electronic engineering governance and oversee implementation of Electronic engineering.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Information and communications technology project?
– Why are Information and communications technology skills important?
– What is our Information and communications technology Strategy?
Green building Critical Criteria:
Value Green building outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Green building relationship management.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Information and communications technology? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the business goals Information and communications technology is aiming to achieve?
– How can the value of Information and communications technology be defined?
Technological escalation Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Technological escalation quality and get going.
– Among the Information and communications technology product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Information and communications technology move?
– Does the Information and communications technology task fit the clients priorities?
Military technology Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Military technology visions and research ways can we become the Military technology company that would put us out of business.
– Which customers cant participate in our Information and communications technology domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is the purpose of Information and communications technology in relation to the mission?
Fictional technology Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Fictional technology decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Fictional technology.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Information and communications technology delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Information and communications technology values?
– Does Information and communications technology appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Market information systems Critical Criteria:
Derive from Market information systems outcomes and plan concise Market information systems education.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Information and communications technology strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Think about the functions involved in your Information and communications technology project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we Lead with Information and communications technology in Mind?
Civil engineering Critical Criteria:
Recall Civil engineering goals and optimize Civil engineering leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Information and communications technology processes?
– Do we monitor the Information and communications technology decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Technological singularity Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Technological singularity tasks and find out.
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Discourse Aerospace engineering governance and remodel and develop an effective Aerospace engineering strategy.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Information and communications technology process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Information and communications technology process available?
– What is Effective Information and communications technology?
Broadcast engineering Critical Criteria:
Face Broadcast engineering outcomes and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Broadcast engineering results.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Information and communications technology ?
Outline of technology Critical Criteria:
Coach on Outline of technology adoptions and test out new things.
– Are accountability and ownership for Information and communications technology clearly defined?
– Who will provide the final approval of Information and communications technology deliverables?
Technology governance Critical Criteria:
Explore Technology governance failures and remodel and develop an effective Technology governance strategy.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Information and communications technology processes?
– Are assumptions made in Information and communications technology stated explicitly?
Mobile Web Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Mobile Web leadership and separate what are the business goals Mobile Web is aiming to achieve.
– Does Information and communications technology analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Information and communications technology?
– Is Information and communications technology Required?
Technological utopianism Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Technological utopianism planning and customize techniques for implementing Technological utopianism controls.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Information and communications technology services/products?
Clean coal technology Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Clean coal technology planning and prioritize challenges of Clean coal technology.
– What is the source of the strategies for Information and communications technology strengthening and reform?
– How will you measure your Information and communications technology effectiveness?
– Are we Assessing Information and communications technology and Risk?
Kardashev scale Critical Criteria:
Reason over Kardashev scale results and finalize specific methods for Kardashev scale acceptance.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Information and communications technology project?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Information and communications technology study?
– Does our organization need more Information and communications technology education?
Strategy of Technology Critical Criteria:
Generalize Strategy of Technology visions and finalize the present value of growth of Strategy of Technology.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Information and communications technology objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we go about Securing Information and communications technology?
Research and development Critical Criteria:
Align Research and development tactics and look in other fields.
– A dramatic step toward becoming a learning organization is to appoint a chief training officer (CTO) or a chief learning officer (CLO). Many organizations claim to value Human Resources, but how many have a Human Resources representative involved in discussions about research and development commercialization, new product development, the strategic vision of the company, or increasing shareholder value?
– Does Information and communications technology include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Information and communications technology project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Information and communications technology project lifecycle?
– A vital question in new product management is: how should the business most effectively invest its research and development (r&d) and new product resources?
Skills Framework for the Information Age Critical Criteria:
Adapt Skills Framework for the Information Age adoptions and overcome Skills Framework for the Information Age skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the short and long-term Information and communications technology goals?
– Who sets the Information and communications technology standards?
Millennium Development Goals Critical Criteria:
Understand Millennium Development Goals strategies and customize techniques for implementing Millennium Development Goals controls.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Information and communications technology forward?
– How will you know that the Information and communications technology project has been successful?
– Can we do Information and communications technology without complex (expensive) analysis?
Safety engineering Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Safety engineering projects and attract Safety engineering skills.
– How is the value delivered by Information and communications technology being measured?
– How do we maintain Information and communications technologys Integrity?
Energy technology Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Energy technology results and look at the big picture.
– Think of your Information and communications technology project. what are the main functions?
Sanitary engineering Critical Criteria:
Discuss Sanitary engineering strategies and sort Sanitary engineering activities.
– Do Information and communications technology rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Technology assessment Critical Criteria:
Define Technology assessment quality and work towards be a leading Technology assessment expert.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Information and communications technology strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Information and communications technology?
Picture archiving and communication system Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Picture archiving and communication system decisions and intervene in Picture archiving and communication system processes and leadership.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Information and communications technology project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we Identify specific Information and communications technology investment and emerging trends?
Disruptive innovation Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Disruptive innovation goals and gather practices for scaling Disruptive innovation.
– What are the disruptive innovations in the middle-term that provide near-term domain leadership?
– How to deal with Information and communications technology Changes?
Web engineering Critical Criteria:
Categorize Web engineering results and find out what it really means.
– Is Information and communications technology Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Fire protection engineering Critical Criteria:
Consult on Fire protection engineering issues and intervene in Fire protection engineering processes and leadership.
– What are the disruptive Information and communications technology technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Technology fusion Critical Criteria:
Mix Technology fusion results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Technology fusion projects.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Information and communications technology?
Food technology Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Food technology adoptions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Food technology.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Information and communications technology product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Information and communications technology? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Renewable energy Critical Criteria:
Consider Renewable energy risks and probe the present value of growth of Renewable energy.
Virtual campus Critical Criteria:
Chart Virtual campus results and report on setting up Virtual campus without losing ground.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Information and communications technology goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Are there Information and communications technology Models?
Food chemistry Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Food chemistry quality and explain and analyze the challenges of Food chemistry.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Information and communications technology strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Digital divide Critical Criteria:
Depict Digital divide visions and innovate what needs to be done with Digital divide.
– When a Information and communications technology manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are specific Information and communications technology Rules to follow?
Mature technology Critical Criteria:
Derive from Mature technology failures and finalize the present value of growth of Mature technology.
– what is the best design framework for Information and communications technology organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the key elements of your Information and communications technology performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What is our formula for success in Information and communications technology ?
Hydraulic engineering Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Hydraulic engineering quality and devise Hydraulic engineering key steps.
– How can you negotiate Information and communications technology successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are all of our Information and communications technology domains and what do they do?
Enterprise software Critical Criteria:
Start Enterprise software planning and oversee Enterprise software requirements.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Information and communications technology experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
Atomic Age Critical Criteria:
Recall Atomic Age decisions and oversee implementation of Atomic Age.
– Think about the people you identified for your Information and communications technology project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do we measure improved Information and communications technology service perception, and satisfaction?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Cloud computing issues and do something to it.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– Recoverability: how will the service provider respond to disasters and ensure continued service?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– Will Information and communications technology deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in IT expenditure?
– What will cloud computing look like in 5 years?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– What is scalability and why is it important?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
Architectural engineering Critical Criteria:
Discourse Architectural engineering decisions and separate what are the business goals Architectural engineering is aiming to achieve.
Music technology Critical Criteria:
Think about Music technology leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Music technology interface.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Information and communications technology process?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Information and communications technology leaders?
– How do we manage Information and communications technology Knowledge Management (KM)?
Industrial biotechnology Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Industrial biotechnology risks and report on the economics of relationships managing Industrial biotechnology and constraints.
– Do we all define Information and communications technology in the same way?
High tech Critical Criteria:
Mix High tech failures and clarify ways to gain access to competitive High tech services.
Technology alignment Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Technology alignment issues and ask what if.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Information and communications technology does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Information and communications technology agendas for the next 3 years?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Information and communications technology Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Information and communications technology External links:
Information and Communications Technology master’s …
Computer engineering External links:
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering | Virginia Tech
Electrical and Computer Engineering – Purdue University
Jet Age External links:
the Jet Age – Home | Facebook
Music | The Jet Age Of Tomorrow
Hotel at iconic TWA terminal will evoke glamour of jet age
Environmental technology External links:
Environmental Technology Innovation Clusters | US EPA
Environmental Technology | Kent State University
Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology | imet
Space technology External links:
Space Technology Mission Directorate | NASA
Fully Integrated Office Space Technology Solutions | …
Africa leaps forward into space technology – CNN
Ecological design External links:
Ecological design (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Ecological Design – shopfomo.store
Ecological design (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Computer network External links:
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Control engineering External links:
Home – Institute of Noise Control Engineering
Flood Control Engineering – San Bernardino County, California
Electrical engineering External links:
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science | South …
USC Viterbi | Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering
KCL Engineering | Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Electronic engineering External links:
CEED Collaborative – Mechanical and Electronic Engineering
17-3023.00 – Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technicians
Electronic Engineering Motorola Two-Way Radio …
Green building External links:
Green Building Initiative : Home Page
Military technology External links:
DPI – Military and Defence Magazine, Military Technology
MILITARY TECHNOLOGY: October 2016
Military News – Latest Military Technology and …
Market information systems External links:
Market Information Systems (D) Task Force
ERIC – Labor Market Information Systems: Information …
Real-Time Labor Market Information Systems | GW …
Civil engineering External links:
NW Engineers | Civil Engineering and Planning Firm
Louisiana Civil Engineering Conference and Show
GM2 Associates – Civil Engineering Services
Technological singularity External links:
The Technological Singularity | The MIT Press
Technological Singularity – YouTube
Aerospace engineering External links:
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
AEROSPACE ENGINEERING – Wichita State University
UCCS Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Broadcast engineering External links:
WBCQ (Jim Hawkins Radio and Broadcast Engineering …
DM Broadcast Engineering Indonesia – Home | Facebook
Technology governance External links:
Information Technology Governance Committee (ITGC)
Information Technology Governance Maturity: Examining …
Article – Technology Governance
Mobile Web External links:
Sephora Mobile Apps & Mobile Web | Sephora
NTTA Mobile Web
USPS Mobile Web
Technological utopianism External links:
Rev. of Technological Utopianism in American Culture, …
Clean coal technology External links:
Our Clean Coal Technology – Longview Power
Airborne Clean Energy | Clean Coal Technology
Kardashev scale External links:
The Kardashev Scale and Beyond – YouTube
Research and development External links:
Research And Development Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
[USC07] 10 USC 2358: Research and development projects
Research And Development – R&D
Skills Framework for the Information Age External links:
The Skills Framework for the Information Age – SFIA
Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) – …
[PDF]Skills Framework for the Information Age version
Millennium Development Goals External links:
United Nations Foundation – The Millennium Development Goals
8 Millennium Development Goals: What We Met And Missed
Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Visualization | …
Safety engineering External links:
Radiation Safety Engineering, Inc.
Energy technology External links:
Energy Management System – Energy Technology | Telkonet
NC Clean Energy Technology Center – Advancing Clean …
National Energy Technology Laboratory
Sanitary engineering External links:
Sanitary Engineering Unit Operations and Unit …
Sanitary Engineering | Greene County, OH – Official Website
Technology assessment External links:
Technology Assessment | BOEM
Health Technology Assessment – ECRI Institute
Robot Technology Assessment | CTTSO
Picture archiving and communication system External links:
Securing Picture Archiving and Communication System …
Picture archiving and communication system – …
[PPT]Picture archiving and communication system – PACS
Disruptive innovation External links:
Disruptive Innovation Solutions for Product Design | Altitude
Web engineering External links:
What Is Web Engineering? | eHow
WebSite Design | Digital Marketing | Aspen Web Engineering
What are quality attributes of web engineering? – Quora
Fire protection engineering External links:
Careers in Fire Protection Engineering – SFPE
7 – Fire Protection Engineering – GSA
Technology fusion External links:
Unique Technology Fusion Splicers, Fusion Splicer, …
Food technology External links:
Life Science Blended with Food Technology | ClearH2O
Renewable energy External links:
Communications & Renewable Energy Investments: …
Star Energy Partners | Renewable Energy Provider
GE Renewable Energy – Official Site
Virtual campus External links:
Registration – Virtual Campus – Oakland Community College
Virtual Campus – Students – Illinois Central College
Food chemistry External links:
Food Chemistry Conferences| Nutrition Conferences | …
Public Health & Environmental Laboratories | Food Chemistry
Digital divide External links:
[PPT]PowerPoint Presentation – The Digital Divide: …
Digital divide. (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Hydraulic engineering External links:
Hydraulic Engineering | ODOT TIMS
Chandler Research Group | Hydraulic Engineering …
Hydraulic Engineering Technician : Fluid Power …
Enterprise software External links:
CipherLex Labs – Enterprise Software, Data Compliance
Aspen Grove Solutions – Property Enterprise Software
Kadince – Enterprise software for financial institutions
Atomic Age External links:
[PDF]Browse and Read Atomic Age Atomic Age atomic age
Alsos:The Atomic Age: Historical Overview
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Architectural engineering External links:
NY Architectural Engineering | Stone Engineering PC
Architectural Engineering | ASCE
Home Page – Architectural Engineering – Cal Poly, San …
Music technology External links:
RJM Music Technology Guitar Effect Switching Systems, …
Zivix — Music Technology
Industrial biotechnology External links:
Industrial Biotechnology & Biomass Industries
Industrial Biotechnology, B.A.S. – Santa Fe College
Biochemical Engineering and Industrial Biotechnology.
High tech External links:
High Tech High | SchoolMint
Model N High Tech Revenue Management
High Tech Turbo