What is involved in Social Selling
Find out what the related areas are that Social Selling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Social Selling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Social Selling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Social Selling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Social Selling related domains to cover and 175 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Social Selling, Account-based marketing, Out-of-home advertising, Marketing strategy, Visual merchandising, Corporate propaganda, Music on hold, Cold call, Marketing activation, New media, Marketing ethics, Corporate anniversary, Social media, Customer Relationship Management, Sales lead, Point of sale, Brand licensing, Drip marketing, Personal branding, Mobile marketing, Product demonstration, Corporate identity, Underwriting spot, Direct marketing, Key performance indicators, Product marketing, Employee advocacy, Market segmentation, Native advertising, Marketing operations, Marketing management, Product placement, Mobile advertising, Digital marketing, Personal selling, Behavioral targeting, Social CRM, Sales techniques, Web 2.0, Hard sell, Web banner, Loyalty marketing, Promotional merchandise, Word-of-mouth marketing, Social marketing, Marketing research, Aberdeen Group, Sex in advertising, Online advertising, Brand ambassador, Breaking news, Sales promotion, Display advertising:
Social Selling Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Social Selling goals and handle a jump-start course to Social Selling.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Social Selling project manager?
– How to deal with Social Selling Changes?
– What is Effective Social Selling?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Explore Account-based marketing outcomes and cater for concise Account-based marketing education.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Social Selling delivery for example is new software needed?
– How important is Social Selling to the user organizations mission?
– How will you measure your Social Selling effectiveness?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Out-of-home advertising tactics and secure Out-of-home advertising creativity.
– In what ways are Social Selling vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Social Selling? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do we go about Comparing Social Selling approaches/solutions?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Marketing strategy tactics and slay a dragon.
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Social Selling effort?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
– How can the value of Social Selling be defined?
– Is a Social Selling Team Work effort in place?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Visual merchandising tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Visual merchandising projects.
– Is Social Selling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Social Selling been identified and analyzed?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Social Selling Management?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Check Corporate propaganda visions and question.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Social Selling strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are internal and external Social Selling relations?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Music on hold goals and stake your claim.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Social Selling moving forward?
– Will Social Selling deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Cold call Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Cold call engagements and point out improvements in Cold call.
– what is the best design framework for Social Selling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– In a project to restructure Social Selling outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Discourse Marketing activation engagements and tour deciding if Marketing activation progress is made.
– What vendors make products that address the Social Selling needs?
– What are specific Social Selling Rules to follow?
– Are there Social Selling problems defined?
New media Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on New media visions and plan concise New media education.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Social Selling requirements in detail?
– How much does Social Selling help?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Add value to Marketing ethics failures and acquire concise Marketing ethics education.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Social Selling?
– How can skill-level changes improve Social Selling?
– Are we Assessing Social Selling and Risk?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Explore Corporate anniversary failures and find answers.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Social Selling into the services that we provide?
– How can you measure Social Selling in a systematic way?
– Do we all define Social Selling in the same way?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Adapt Social media planning and perfect Social media conflict management.
– In the past year, have companies generally improved or worsened in terms of how quickly you feel they respond to you over social media channels surrounding a general inquiry or complaint?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Social Selling information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– When you use social media to complain about a Customer Service issue, how often do you feel you get an answer or your complaint is resolved by the company?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Do you have written guidelines for your use of social media and its use by your employees?
– How would our PR, marketing, and social media change if we did not use outside agencies?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– What social media dashboards are available and how do they compare?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– How is social media changing category management?
Customer Relationship Management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Customer Relationship Management issues and remodel and develop an effective Customer Relationship Management strategy.
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– Are there any restrictions within the standard support and maintenance agreement on the number of staff that can request support?
– Is a significant amount of your time taken up communicating with existing clients to resolve issues they are having?
– Will the Exchange provide the call volumes and average handle time for the Tier 1 and Tier II calls?
– Can you make product suggestions based on the customers order or purchase history?
– Is there an iphone app for mobile scrm or customer relationship management?
– How must our value proposition change to earn greater customer loyalty?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– Is it easy for your visitors or customers to contact you?
– Is there an incentive for visitors/customers to register?
– Is the address book synchronization subscription valid?
– What storage quotas should be applied to each mailbox?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
– What are the objectives for voice analytics?
– Can your customers interact with each other?
– How many cases have been resolved?
– What happens to customizations?
– Do we have past Social Selling Successes?
– Where is the roi in crm?
Sales lead Critical Criteria:
Shape Sales lead goals and describe which business rules are needed as Sales lead interface.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Social Selling. How do we gain traction?
– Is the scope of Social Selling defined?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Point of sale management and pioneer acquisition of Point of sale systems.
– Is maximizing Social Selling protection the same as minimizing Social Selling loss?
– Is the Social Selling organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is Supporting Social Selling documentation required?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Learn from Brand licensing planning and separate what are the business goals Brand licensing is aiming to achieve.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Social Selling with what users do day-to-day?
– What business benefits will Social Selling goals deliver if achieved?
– Why are Social Selling skills important?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Reason over Drip marketing outcomes and report on setting up Drip marketing without losing ground.
– What is the purpose of Social Selling in relation to the mission?
– What is our formula for success in Social Selling ?
– How do we Lead with Social Selling in Mind?
Personal branding Critical Criteria:
Unify Personal branding strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Personal branding skills.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Social Selling is underway?
– Does the Social Selling task fit the clients priorities?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Mobile marketing planning and describe which business rules are needed as Mobile marketing interface.
– What about Social Selling Analysis of results?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Product demonstration adoptions and know what your objective is.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Social Selling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Social Selling opportunities costing us money?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Corporate identity adoptions and create Corporate identity explanations for all managers.
– Think about the people you identified for your Social Selling project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Social Selling?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Audit Underwriting spot strategies and display thorough understanding of the Underwriting spot process.
– What are our needs in relation to Social Selling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we maintain Social Sellings Integrity?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Mix Direct marketing failures and explore and align the progress in Direct marketing.
– Does Social Selling include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Social Selling?
– What threat is Social Selling addressing?
Key performance indicators Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Key performance indicators goals and stake your claim.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– Have you identified your Social Selling key performance indicators?
– Can we do Social Selling without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– Why should we adopt a Social Selling framework?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Product marketing results and triple focus on important concepts of Product marketing relationship management.
Employee advocacy Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Employee advocacy strategies and observe effective Employee advocacy.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Social Selling in a volatile global economy?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Debate over Market segmentation outcomes and mentor Market segmentation customer orientation.
– In the case of a Social Selling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Social Selling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Social Selling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Jump start Native advertising results and point out Native advertising tensions in leadership.
– What are the key elements of your Social Selling performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Social Selling process?
– How do we manage Social Selling Knowledge Management (KM)?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Study Marketing operations strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for Marketing operations.
– Are there Social Selling Models?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Marketing management management and gather Marketing management models .
– Is there a Social Selling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Social Selling project?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Social Selling objectives?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Design Product placement adoptions and know what your objective is.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Social Selling study?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Read up on Mobile advertising projects and integrate design thinking in Mobile advertising innovation.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Social Selling product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What is the source of the strategies for Social Selling strengthening and reform?
– How do we go about Securing Social Selling?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Probe Digital marketing visions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Group Personal selling adoptions and summarize a clear Personal selling focus.
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Deduce Behavioral targeting risks and perfect Behavioral targeting conflict management.
– How do we know that any Social Selling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Social CRM Critical Criteria:
Adapt Social CRM results and work towards be a leading Social CRM expert.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Social Selling strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What is the ideal IT architecture for implementing a social CRM SCRM strategy?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– What is the Impact of Social CRM on Customer Support?
– How do you map a Social CRM profile to CRM data?
– What are the best social crm analytics tools?
– How do we Evolve from CRM to Social CRM?
– How can we figure out LTV in Social CRM?
Sales techniques Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Sales techniques management and differentiate in coordinating Sales techniques.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Social Selling forward?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Social Selling activities?
Web 2.0 Critical Criteria:
Guard Web 2.0 issues and integrate design thinking in Web 2.0 innovation.
– Among the Social Selling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Hard sell Critical Criteria:
Mine Hard sell issues and find the essential reading for Hard sell researchers.
– What will drive Social Selling change?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Read up on Web banner leadership and look at it backwards.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Social Selling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How likely is the current Social Selling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are all of our Social Selling domains and what do they do?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Loyalty marketing failures and change contexts.
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Infer Promotional merchandise outcomes and perfect Promotional merchandise conflict management.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Social Selling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Word-of-mouth marketing results and ask questions.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Social Selling leader?
– What is our Social Selling Strategy?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Systematize Social marketing issues and report on setting up Social marketing without losing ground.
– What are the short and long-term Social Selling goals?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Marketing research outcomes and ask what if.
– Do Social Selling rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Aberdeen Group Critical Criteria:
Unify Aberdeen Group issues and summarize a clear Aberdeen Group focus.
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Sex in advertising management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Sex in advertising projects.
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Online advertising goals and correct better engagement with Online advertising results.
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Deduce Brand ambassador risks and handle a jump-start course to Brand ambassador.
Breaking news Critical Criteria:
Meet over Breaking news decisions and report on setting up Breaking news without losing ground.
– How do we Identify specific Social Selling investment and emerging trends?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Administer Sales promotion management and grade techniques for implementing Sales promotion controls.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Social Selling project?
– When a Social Selling manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How would one define Social Selling leadership?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Adapt Display advertising issues and overcome Display advertising skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Think of your Social Selling project. what are the main functions?
– How is the value delivered by Social Selling being measured?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Social Selling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Social Selling External links:
Coaching Social Selling LinkedIn | BGlobal Barcelona …
fibiandclo – Social selling sandal company | fibi & clo
Social Selling: 8 Ways to Sell More Using Social Media
Account-based marketing External links:
Account-Based Marketing – Demandbase | Expert …
Marketing strategy External links:
IMPACT: Inbound Marketing Strategy, Advice, and Agency
Every social media marketing strategy to grow your …
RedRover Sales & Marketing Strategy | RedRover Company
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual merchandising. (DVD video, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Visual merchandising titles Jobs – Yakaz
Corporate propaganda External links:
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
Music on hold External links:
Music On Hold – FREE download Music On Hold
Music On Hold – FusionPBX
Merlin Adjuncts – Music on Hold (MOH) – General Information
Cold call External links:
Cold Call Coach – ADVICE. DIRECTION. SUCCESS.
QUIZ: What’s the Best Time to Cold Call? – CBS News
The Best Cold Call Script Ever – HubSpot Blog
Marketing activation External links:
New media External links:
New Media / Artifact Title – TV Tropes
New Media (2010) – IMDb
Marketing ethics External links:
Define: Marketing Ethics | iContact
Corporate anniversary External links:
Corporate Anniversary Gifts on Zazzle
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts
Social media External links:
WhoDoYou – Local businesses recommended on social media
A Unified Social Media Management Platform – Statusbrew
SOCi Social Media Marketing & Management Platform
Customer Relationship Management External links:
Salesnet CRM Solutions | Customer Relationship Management
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Customer Relationship Management Login – NOVAtime
Sales lead External links:
Log in – Velocify Lead Management Sales Lead CRM | …
Salesgenie Professional | Sales Lead Pricing | Salesgenie
5 Clever Car Sales Lead Generation Ideas • AutoRaptor
Point of sale External links:
ParTech – POS Systems | Restaurant Point of Sale Solutions
iPad POS by Instore, the point of sale for small business
Paladin Point of Sale Homepage – Paladin Point of Sale
Brand licensing External links:
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
Drip marketing External links:
drip marketing – Tenstreet
TeleDrip – Drip Marketing Campaigns
Personal branding External links:
Professional Networking & Personal Branding
Welcome to the Personal Branding Hub!
Joseph Liu- Career Change & Personal Branding Resources
Mobile marketing External links:
Affordable Mobile Marketing & SMS Marketing
Home – Mobile Marketing Watch
Real Estate Mobile Marketing – DriveBuy Technologies
Product demonstration External links:
Lion Gas Grill Product Demonstration – YouTube
Contact Us for a Free Product Demonstration | Dataforma
Corporate identity External links:
[PPT]Corporate Identity – Mark Tittley
corporate printing services, corporate identity standards
Corporate identity. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – update.revolvy.com
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Direct marketing External links:
Boomerang Direct Marketing – Home
Direct Marketing Definition | Investopedia
Fulfillment Services – Promotional Products – Direct Marketing
Key performance indicators External links:
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Optimization
KPI Examples – Types of Key Performance Indicators
What is KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)? …
Product marketing External links:
MegaMaker – product marketing for SaaS and software …
Product Marketing | United States | Lightning Launch
Employee advocacy External links:
Sociabble: The Complete Employee Advocacy & …
What is employee advocacy? – Definition from WhatIs.com
About EveryoneSocial | Social Selling & Employee Advocacy
Market segmentation External links:
Title | Market Segmentation | Market (Economics)
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
Market segmentation (Book, 1972) [WorldCat.org]
Native advertising External links:
Native Advertising Platform | StackAdapt
Email Monetization and Native Advertising: Gold Lasso
Nativo: The Leading Native Advertising Platform
Marketing operations External links:
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Simple – Marketing Operations Platform – Get to Market Faster
Aprimo Marketing Operations Login
Marketing management External links:
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
Product placement External links:
MOTION PICTURE MAGIC | Product Placement | Los …
Product Placement Blog
Product Placement Expertise – Entertainment Marketing Group
Mobile advertising External links:
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
App Samurai | Mobile Advertising Platform for Startups
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
Digital marketing External links:
Chicago – Digital Marketing Conference
Digital Marketing for Local Businesses | RevLocal
Philadelphia – Digital Marketing Conference | August, 2018
Personal selling External links:
Personal Selling Week 3 – YouTube
Personal Selling HW3 – Courses Server
ERIC – Improving Personal Selling, College Store Journal, …
Behavioral targeting External links:
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
Social CRM External links:
Social CRM – Gartner IT Glossary
Sales techniques External links:
Sales Techniques: The Trust Factor – Entrepreneur
ERIC – Effective Retail Sales Techniques.
Web 2.0 External links:
9 Inventions Edison Did Not Make – Jawad on Web 2.0
What Is Web 2.0? – CBS News
Nantucket Web 2.0
Hard sell External links:
Hard Sell – XFINITY Stream
Hard Sell Voice Talent – Speedy Spots – Speedy Spots
Variable Annuities: Beyond the Hard Sell | FINRA.org
Web banner External links:
Web Banner_Leadership.jpg | Kent State University
LSBA Web Banner Website Link
Free and Easy Web Banner Vertical | Federal Student Aid
Loyalty marketing External links:
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Brand Impression – Promotional Merchandise for Brand …
Social marketing External links:
SEO Company, Experts in Paid Media, PR & Social Marketing
2018 USF Social Marketing Conference | Clearwater, FL
ToneDen – Automated Social Marketing and Advertising
Marketing research External links:
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
Ask Survey Center | Marketing Research Specialists
CMI Marketing Research
Aberdeen Group External links:
Aberdeen Group – mapquest.com
Aberdeen Group | Latest Research
Aberdeen Group 260 Franklin St Boston, MA – MapQuest
Sex in advertising External links:
Subliminal Messages, Mind Control, Sex in Advertising, …
Does sex in advertising actually work? – Brooks Bell
Online advertising External links:
Wippl – Caribbean Online Advertising
Sales promotion External links:
Virago Inc Vancouver, WA Sales Promotion Service – …
Sales Promotion Association of Baltimore
Sales Promotion Flashcards | Quizlet
Display advertising External links:
[PDF]AFP Display Advertising Policies – American Academy …