What is involved in Product quality
Find out what the related areas are that Product quality connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Product quality thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Product quality journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Product quality leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Product quality related domains to cover and 176 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Product quality, American Society for Quality, Business process management, Business process re-engineering, Capability Maturity Model, Common law of business balance, Conformance testing, Continuous improvement, Customer satisfaction, Deming Prize, Design of experiments, EFQM Excellence Award, Eight dimensions of quality, Fractional factorial design, Genichi Taguchi, Household appliances, ISO 9000, Logical and, Metaphysics of quality, Noriaki Kano, Operations management, Optimal design, Quality Assurance, Quality Management, Quality circle, Quality control, Quality engineering, Quality investing, Quality management system, Requirements analysis, Response surface methodology, Service quality, Six Sigma, Software quality, Standard deviation, Statistical Process Control, Subir Chowdhury, Theory of Constraints, Total quality management, Verification and validation, W. Edwards Deming, Zero Defects:
Product quality Critical Criteria:
Drive Product quality visions and create Product quality explanations for all managers.
– Are there any circumstances/cases for which dissolution and/or disintegration testing may no longer be needed/provide any additional values to product Quality Assurance at release?
– How do we Identify specific Product quality investment and emerging trends?
– Are there Product quality problems defined?
American Society for Quality Critical Criteria:
Confer re American Society for Quality projects and adopt an insight outlook.
– How will you measure your Product quality effectiveness?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Match Business process management results and achieve a single Business process management view and bringing data together.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Product quality, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we Lead with Product quality in Mind?
– How to Secure Product quality?
Business process re-engineering Critical Criteria:
Examine Business process re-engineering management and find answers.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Product quality requirements in detail?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Product quality Management?
– How can the value of Product quality be defined?
Capability Maturity Model Critical Criteria:
Think about Capability Maturity Model decisions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Capability Maturity Model services.
– How can you negotiate Product quality successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How would one define Product quality leadership?
– Why should we adopt a Product quality framework?
Common law of business balance Critical Criteria:
Check Common law of business balance goals and explore and align the progress in Common law of business balance.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Product quality objectives?
– What are specific Product quality Rules to follow?
Conformance testing Critical Criteria:
Look at Conformance testing engagements and balance specific methods for improving Conformance testing results.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Product quality delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is Product quality dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Does Product quality appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Continuous improvement Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Continuous improvement quality and attract Continuous improvement skills.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Product quality is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– So, how do you avoid getting wrapped up in the complexities and use systems thinking to guide change and continuous improvement?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Product quality strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– Who will provide the final approval of Product quality deliverables?
– How do we place an emphasis on continuous improvement?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Customer satisfaction tactics and intervene in Customer satisfaction processes and leadership.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Product quality into the services that we provide?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Product quality goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Product quality ?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
Deming Prize Critical Criteria:
Talk about Deming Prize issues and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Deming Prize services.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Product quality been identified and analyzed?
Design of experiments Critical Criteria:
Align Design of experiments tasks and test out new things.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Product quality leader?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Product quality with what users do day-to-day?
EFQM Excellence Award Critical Criteria:
Reorganize EFQM Excellence Award engagements and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Product quality move?
– Who sets the Product quality standards?
Eight dimensions of quality Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Eight dimensions of quality issues and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Eight dimensions of quality projects.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Product quality products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Product quality values?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Product quality opportunities costing us money?
Fractional factorial design Critical Criteria:
Investigate Fractional factorial design tasks and finalize specific methods for Fractional factorial design acceptance.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Product quality process?
– Are accountability and ownership for Product quality clearly defined?
Genichi Taguchi Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Genichi Taguchi tasks and probe Genichi Taguchi strategic alliances.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Product quality information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Product quality processes?
– What are our Product quality Processes?
Household appliances Critical Criteria:
X-ray Household appliances risks and ask questions.
– Will Product quality have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Product quality agendas for the next 3 years?
ISO 9000 Critical Criteria:
Match ISO 9000 decisions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Product quality product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Product quality is underway?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
Logical and Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Logical and adoptions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Logical and information.
– Is there a timely attempt to prepare people for technological and organizational changes, e.g., through personnel management, training, or participatory decision making?
– Have logical and physical connections to key systems been evaluated and addressed?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Product quality leaders?
Metaphysics of quality Critical Criteria:
Focus on Metaphysics of quality tactics and observe effective Metaphysics of quality.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Product quality project?
Noriaki Kano Critical Criteria:
Align Noriaki Kano goals and mentor Noriaki Kano customer orientation.
– Do we all define Product quality in the same way?
Operations management Critical Criteria:
Rank Operations management risks and observe effective Operations management.
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– What are the usability implications of Product quality actions?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
– How can skill-level changes improve Product quality?
Optimal design Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Optimal design issues and define Optimal design competency-based leadership.
– In the case of a Product quality project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Product quality project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Product quality project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the disruptive Product quality technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are all of our Product quality domains and what do they do?
Quality Assurance Critical Criteria:
Use past Quality Assurance failures and assess what counts with Quality Assurance that we are not counting.
– Is the Quality Assurance function recognized to be different from implicit and continuous quality control during fabrication, in that it is discrete, explicit following production, and ignores the sequence or nature of the fabrication steps or processes?
– Does the Quality Assurance record center contain copies of all previous revisions of the documents, including copies of applicable change notices?
– What is your Quality Assurance process to ensure that the large volumes of data gathered in the monitoring process are handled efficiently?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– Has the board demonstrated a willingness to provide appropriate resources to Quality Assurance programs?
– How does the company create high performance relationships with its independent trade partners?
– Are Quality Assurance records stored in folders, binders, or other suitable protection?
– Are previous revisions of documents marked to indicate that they are superseded?
– How does improper or incomplete documentation affect disciplinary actions?
– Is the performance measure improving, degrading, or remaining stable?
– Is the system/component adequately labeled for ease of operation?
– Do you keep track of unsuccessfully performed skills?
– Can the test data be processed in a timely manner?
– Are retention requirements specified for records?
– Is the system or component user friendly?
– Is specialized equipment necessary?
– Are standardized tests available?
– Was proper development done?
– Quality Assurance for whom?
Quality Management Critical Criteria:
X-ray Quality Management goals and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Quality Management.
– In what ways are Product quality vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Product quality project?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
– Do we have past Product quality Successes?
Quality circle Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Quality circle quality and innovate what needs to be done with Quality circle.
– Why are Product quality skills important?
– What is Effective Product quality?
Quality control Critical Criteria:
Infer Quality control tasks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Quality control projects.
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Product quality project?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Product quality effort?
– Do we regularly review and update its Data Quality control procedures?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Product quality?
– Are regulatory inspections considered part of quality control?
– What about quality control? Defects?
– What is your quality control system?
– What about quality control?
Quality engineering Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Quality engineering results and track iterative Quality engineering results.
– Do we monitor the Product quality decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Do the Product quality decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Quality investing Critical Criteria:
Model after Quality investing risks and display thorough understanding of the Quality investing process.
– To what extent does management recognize Product quality as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the barriers to increased Product quality production?
– What is our formula for success in Product quality ?
Quality management system Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Quality management system decisions and create a map for yourself.
– Who needs to know about Product quality ?
– What are current Product quality Paradigms?
Requirements analysis Critical Criteria:
Study Requirements analysis management and check on ways to get started with Requirements analysis.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Product quality forward?
– Have you identified your Product quality key performance indicators?
– How to deal with Product quality Changes?
Response surface methodology Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Response surface methodology management and oversee Response surface methodology management by competencies.
– What vendors make products that address the Product quality needs?
Service quality Critical Criteria:
Study Service quality decisions and attract Service quality skills.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Product quality process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Product quality process available?
– What does the enterprise service quality index (esqi) mean for customers?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– What steps should we take to improve our service quality?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Six Sigma adoptions and look in other fields.
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
– How is the value delivered by Product quality being measured?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Software quality visions and maintain Software quality for success.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
– How do we Improve Product quality service perception, and satisfaction?
Standard deviation Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Standard deviation risks and be persistent.
– Is the standard deviation of the stock equal to the standard deviation of the market?
– How likely is the current Product quality plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Product quality?
Statistical Process Control Critical Criteria:
Add value to Statistical Process Control goals and integrate design thinking in Statistical Process Control innovation.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Product quality? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are Acceptance Sampling and Statistical Process Control Complementary or Incompatible?
Subir Chowdhury Critical Criteria:
Use past Subir Chowdhury decisions and track iterative Subir Chowdhury results.
– What are the key elements of your Product quality performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Product quality process?
– Think of your Product quality project. what are the main functions?
Theory of Constraints Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Theory of Constraints results and describe which business rules are needed as Theory of Constraints interface.
– What notable similarities and differences exist among systems thinking lean thinking and the theory of constraints?
– What is this thing called theory of constraints and how should it be implemented?
– What will drive Product quality change?
Total quality management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Total quality management failures and find out.
Verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Refer to Verification and validation management and separate what are the business goals Verification and validation is aiming to achieve.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Product quality processes?
– Do Product quality rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
W. Edwards Deming Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on W. Edwards Deming projects and question.
– What is the source of the strategies for Product quality strengthening and reform?
– How do we measure improved Product quality service perception, and satisfaction?
Zero Defects Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Zero Defects projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Zero Defects.
– What are internal and external Product quality relations?
– What are the long-term Product quality goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Product quality Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Product quality External links:
What Does “Product Quality” Really Mean?
Product Quality – Boundless Open Textbook
American Society for Quality External links:
ASQ Section 0505 | American Society for Quality
[PDF]American Society for Quality (ASQ) – Online Training
[PDF]Alaska Section 0608 American Society for Quality …
Business process management External links:
Naviant – Business Process Management
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Lodestar – Business Process Management
Capability Maturity Model External links:
Buildings Cybersecurity Capability Maturity Model
Common law of business balance External links:
common law of business balance : definition of common …
dictionary.sensagent.com/common law of business balance/en-en
The Common Law of Business Balance (09/27/07) – WDRB …
Conformance testing External links:
Gazelle | INTEROPERABILITY & CONFORMANCE TESTING FOR …
Conformance testing for the spatial data transfer standard
Continuous improvement External links:
Title I / Continuous Improvement Plans
Newman Tech – Equality, Innovation, Continuous Improvement
Customer satisfaction External links:
Frisch’s Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
3 Ways to Increase Customer Satisfaction
JCPenney Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Deming Prize External links:
[DOC]The Deming Prize – California State Polytechnic …
Deming Prize – TQM by Ngo Jo on Prezi
[PDF]THE DEMING PRIZE WINNERS – juse.or.jp
Design of experiments External links:
[PDF]Statistical Design of Experiments – University of Notre …
Design of Experiments – AbeBooks
[PDF]Design of Experiments (DOE) Tutorial – Keysight
EFQM Excellence Award External links:
EFQM Excellence Award by EFQM – issuu
Eight dimensions of quality External links:
Competing on the Eight Dimensions of Quality
Competing on the Eight Dimensions of Quality
Fractional factorial design External links:
[PDF]A Fractional Factorial Design Study of Reciprocating …
Genichi Taguchi External links:
Genichi Taguchi – YouTube
Genichi Taguchi: Grand-Daddy of Quality – …
Household appliances External links:
Furniture and Household Appliances Online Store …
Rainbow® Household Appliances & Accessories …
Featured Household Appliances | Ace Rent to Own
ISO 9000 External links:
ISO 9000 – MasterControl, Inc.
What is ISO 9000? – Definition from WhatIs.com
ISO 9000 – What Is ISO 9000? A Standards Series | ASQ
Logical and External links:
How to use a logical AND or OR in a SUM+IF statement in Excel
Metaphysics of quality External links:
Metaphysics of Quality | BOOK OF DAYS TALES
Using the metaphysics of quality to define design science
Metaphysics of Quality by Adam Waitt on Prezi
Noriaki Kano External links:
Dr. Noriaki Kano: Grand-Daddy of Quality – …
Noriaki Kano Profiles | Facebook
Operations management External links:
Operations management (Book, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Optimal design External links:
About ODSI | Optimal Design Systems International
Optimal Design Systems International – Google+
[PDF]Optimal Design of an Enclosure for a Portable …
Quality Assurance External links:
LabLink xL™ Quality Assurance Software
Textechno – Your partner in quality assurance
Quality Assurance Portal – Beckman Coulter
Quality Management External links:
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
ASI DATAMYTE – The Global Leaders in Quality Management
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Quality circle External links:
Bright Student Quality Circle – Home | Facebook
Georgia Lenders Quality Circle
ERIC – The Quality Circle Concept., Principal, 1985
Quality control External links:
SPC Software | Quality Control Software | InfinityQS
Ardent Services, Inc. | Quality Control Evaluation Services
Quality Control Products | Call (504) 392-9464
Quality engineering External links:
Abstracta – Nearshore Software Quality Engineering …
Performance Tube Bending Company | High Quality Engineering
Power Quality Engineering, Inc.
Quality management system External links:
Quality Management System – NTTA Home
Quality Management System (QMS) Portal
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Requirements analysis External links:
[PDF]Data Requirements Analysis Process – knowledge …
Business Requirements Analysis – Project Management …
Response surface methodology External links:
[PDF]THE RESPONSE SURFACE METHODOLOGY
Response Surface Methodology Revisited: A Commentary …
Service quality External links:
Service Quality and Tourism – AbeBooks
Service Quality Evaluation Report – SpreadsheetZONE
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Acuity Institute
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – GoLeanSixSigma…
Software quality External links:
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
Standard deviation External links:
Standard Deviation : NPR
“American Dad!” Standard Deviation (TV Episode 2016) – IMDb
Statistical Process Control External links:
Statistical process control (SPC) is a method of quality control which uses statistical methods. SPC is applied in order to monitor and control a process. Monitoring and controlling the process ensures that it operates at its full potential.
SPC (statistical process control) – Gartner IT Glossary
Subir Chowdhury External links:
Subir Chowdhury Keynote Speakers Bureau & Speaking Fee
Subir Chowdhury | Facebook
Theory of Constraints External links:
Theory of Constraints by Eliyahu M. Goldratt – Goodreads
The theory of constraints journal (Journal, magazine, …
Total quality management External links:
[PDF]CHAPTER Total Quality Management – Wiley: Home
Florida ISO 9000 Total Quality Management Consulting
Total Quality Management — Channing Bete Company …
W. Edwards Deming External links:
Out of the Crisis: W. Edwards Deming – Blue Cottage Consulting
W. Edwards Deming: The 14 Points – YouTube
W. Edwards Deming – Part 1 – YouTube
Zero Defects External links:
Zero Defects in Manufacturing – Creative Safety Supply
Mistake Proofing: Achieving Zero Defects – YouTube
Home • Zero Defects – Ujigami MES – Industry 4.0