What is involved in Social Selling
Find out what the related areas are that Social Selling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Social Selling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Social Selling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Social Selling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Social Selling related domains to cover and 176 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Social Selling, Marketing operations, Personal selling, Mobile advertising, Social media, Corporate identity, Behavioral targeting, Social marketing, Web banner, Brand management, Word-of-mouth marketing, Product placement, Marketing management, Corporate anniversary, Direct marketing, Sex in advertising, Web 2.0, Corporate propaganda, Native advertising, Product marketing, Cold call, Product demonstration, Sales techniques, Drip marketing, Marketing ethics, Breaking news, Digital marketing, Key performance indicators, Personal branding, Marketing effectiveness, Visual merchandising, Underwriting spot, Online advertising, Customer Relationship Management, Sales lead, Music on hold, Brand licensing, Sales promotion, Aberdeen Group, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, New media, Employee advocacy, Promotional merchandise, Social CRM, Social Selling, Display advertising, Hard sell, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Brand ambassador, Marketing activation, Account-based marketing:
Social Selling Critical Criteria:
Devise Social Selling strategies and define what our big hairy audacious Social Selling goal is.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Social Selling strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Social Selling with what users do day-to-day?
– Does our organization need more Social Selling education?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Marketing operations tasks and display thorough understanding of the Marketing operations process.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Social Selling project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Social Selling project lifecycle?
– How important is Social Selling to the user organizations mission?
– Do we all define Social Selling in the same way?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Design Personal selling tasks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Social Selling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Social Selling process available?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Social Selling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– What is our Social Selling Strategy?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Think about Mobile advertising strategies and point out improvements in Mobile advertising.
– Is there a Social Selling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Will Social Selling deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can you measure Social Selling in a systematic way?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Audit Social media goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Social media.
– In the past year, have companies generally improved or worsened in terms of how quickly you feel they respond to you over social media channels surrounding a general inquiry or complaint?
– Can we add value to the current Social Selling decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Social Selling. How do we gain traction?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Social Selling process?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– Which of the following are reasons you use social media when it comes to Customer Service?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– How will social media change Category Management and retail?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– How is social media changing category management?
– Is social media a better investment than SEO?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Corporate identity projects and correct Corporate identity management by competencies.
– In what ways are Social Selling vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is Social Selling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are there Social Selling problems defined?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Merge Behavioral targeting tactics and balance specific methods for improving Behavioral targeting results.
– Consider your own Social Selling project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Does Social Selling create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Social Selling? There might be some that are less obvious?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Model after Social marketing management and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the disruptive Social Selling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Social Selling project?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Adapt Web banner issues and test out new things.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Social Selling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Social Selling opportunities costing us money?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Talk about Brand management quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Brand management projects.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Social Selling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we Improve Social Selling service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who needs to know about Social Selling ?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Graph Word-of-mouth marketing projects and handle a jump-start course to Word-of-mouth marketing.
– Are accountability and ownership for Social Selling clearly defined?
– How do we Lead with Social Selling in Mind?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Generalize Product placement decisions and report on the economics of relationships managing Product placement and constraints.
– Think about the people you identified for your Social Selling project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– For your Social Selling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Study Marketing management outcomes and sort Marketing management activities.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Social Selling ?
– How do we know that any Social Selling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Corporate anniversary planning and describe the risks of Corporate anniversary sustainability.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Social Selling strengthening and reform actually originate?
– To what extent does management recognize Social Selling as a tool to increase the results?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Direct marketing adoptions and differentiate in coordinating Direct marketing.
– How do we manage Social Selling Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Which Social Selling goals are the most important?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Use past Sex in advertising failures and balance specific methods for improving Sex in advertising results.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Social Selling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Social Selling processes?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Social Selling requirements in detail?
Web 2.0 Critical Criteria:
Investigate Web 2.0 leadership and explore and align the progress in Web 2.0.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Social Selling in a volatile global economy?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Social Selling workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Are there Social Selling Models?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Pilot Corporate propaganda outcomes and summarize a clear Corporate propaganda focus.
– Is maximizing Social Selling protection the same as minimizing Social Selling loss?
– Do the Social Selling decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is Supporting Social Selling documentation required?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Learn from Native advertising results and learn.
– what is the best design framework for Social Selling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Social Selling objectives?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Think about Product marketing risks and budget for Product marketing challenges.
Cold call Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Cold call outcomes and observe effective Cold call.
– Which customers cant participate in our Social Selling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the long-term Social Selling goals?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Product demonstration risks and document what potential Product demonstration megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Social Selling processes?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Social Selling forward?
Sales techniques Critical Criteria:
Nurse Sales techniques issues and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Sales techniques projects.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Social Selling services/products?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Social Selling project manager?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Drip marketing governance and find the ideas you already have.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Social Selling process?
– What business benefits will Social Selling goals deliver if achieved?
– What are current Social Selling Paradigms?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Investigate Marketing ethics leadership and attract Marketing ethics skills.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Social Selling processes of our organization?
Breaking news Critical Criteria:
Investigate Breaking news governance and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Digital marketing projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Digital marketing.
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– Can we do Social Selling without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Is Social Selling Required?
Key performance indicators Critical Criteria:
Derive from Key performance indicators quality and pay attention to the small things.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Social Selling process?
– Have you identified your Social Selling key performance indicators?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– What threat is Social Selling addressing?
Personal branding Critical Criteria:
Think about Personal branding planning and oversee Personal branding management by competencies.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Social Selling is underway?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Social Selling leaders?
– Are we Assessing Social Selling and Risk?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Participate in Marketing effectiveness leadership and prioritize challenges of Marketing effectiveness.
– How do we Identify specific Social Selling investment and emerging trends?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Test Visual merchandising quality and get out your magnifying glass.
– What will drive Social Selling change?
– How would one define Social Selling leadership?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Meet over Underwriting spot projects and know what your objective is.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Social Selling project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Define Online advertising outcomes and proactively manage Online advertising risks.
– Are assumptions made in Social Selling stated explicitly?
– How to Secure Social Selling?
Customer Relationship Management Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Customer Relationship Management tactics and slay a dragon.
– Customer Service What is the future of CRM with regards to Customer Service five years from now, What Technologies would affect it the most and what trends in Customer Service landscape would we see at that time?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Is there a minimum set of languages that need to be covered by translation services?
– Do you follow-up with your customers after their order has been filled?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– Are the application host process shut-down options acceptable?
– The performance measurement revolution: why now and what next?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize the address book?
– What are some of the ways CRM increases our companys revenues?
– Can you identify your customers when they visit your website?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– Is the user still a member of the organization?
– Does the software utilize a responsive design?
– Have you developed any proprietary metrics?
– What s the Best Way to Outsource CRM?
– What happens to customizations?
– How does CRM relate to CCM?
– Can metadata be loaded?
– Is CRM justified?
Sales lead Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Sales lead engagements and optimize Sales lead leadership as a key to advancement.
– How can you negotiate Social Selling successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Judge Music on hold management and innovate what needs to be done with Music on hold.
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Design Brand licensing adoptions and display thorough understanding of the Brand licensing process.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Social Selling effort?
– How do we go about Comparing Social Selling approaches/solutions?
– What about Social Selling Analysis of results?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Start Sales promotion decisions and test out new things.
– Have all basic functions of Social Selling been defined?
Aberdeen Group Critical Criteria:
Study Aberdeen Group leadership and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do we go about Securing Social Selling?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Confer re Loyalty marketing goals and research ways can we become the Loyalty marketing company that would put us out of business.
– Does the Social Selling task fit the clients priorities?
– What is our formula for success in Social Selling ?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Explore Market segmentation issues and look in other fields.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Is Social Selling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
New media Critical Criteria:
Infer New media results and secure New media creativity.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Social Selling product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Social Selling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Employee advocacy Critical Criteria:
Chart Employee advocacy strategies and find out.
– What is Effective Social Selling?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Chat re Promotional merchandise tasks and improve Promotional merchandise service perception.
– How is the value delivered by Social Selling being measured?
– Why should we adopt a Social Selling framework?
Social CRM Critical Criteria:
Group Social CRM issues and integrate design thinking in Social CRM innovation.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Social Selling?
– What is the ideal IT architecture for implementing a social CRM SCRM strategy?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– What is the Impact of Social CRM on Customer Support?
– How do you map a Social CRM profile to CRM data?
– What are the best social crm analytics tools?
– Why is Social Selling important for you now?
– How do we Evolve from CRM to Social CRM?
– How can we figure out LTV in Social CRM?
Social Selling Critical Criteria:
Add value to Social Selling tactics and proactively manage Social Selling risks.
– What are specific Social Selling Rules to follow?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Think about Display advertising results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Display advertising.
– Does Social Selling analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Hard sell Critical Criteria:
Adapt Hard sell adoptions and describe the risks of Hard sell sustainability.
– Is there any existing Social Selling governance structure?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Check Marketing research tactics and stake your claim.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Social Selling move?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Chat re Marketing strategy tasks and forecast involvement of future Marketing strategy projects in development.
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
– How can skill-level changes improve Social Selling?
– How do we maintain Social Sellings Integrity?
– How can we improve Social Selling?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Refer to Brand ambassador issues and point out improvements in Brand ambassador.
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Dissect Marketing activation tasks and stake your claim.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Social Selling values?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Social Selling been identified and analyzed?
– What is the purpose of Social Selling in relation to the mission?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Chart Account-based marketing tactics and devise Account-based marketing key steps.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Social Selling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are internal and external Social Selling relations?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Social Selling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Social Selling External links:
LinkedIn Expert, Social Selling Expert, LinkedIn Trainer,
Social Selling: 8 Ways to Sell More Using Social Media
PostBeyond | Brand Advocacy & Social Selling
Marketing operations External links:
Simple – Marketing Operations Platform – Get to Market Faster
About Aprimo – Aprimo Marketing Operations
Marketing Operations – Aprimo
Personal selling External links:
Personal selling (chp 9) Flashcards | Quizlet
Personal Selling HW3 – Courses Server
Consumer Information – Personal Selling – Research …
Mobile advertising External links:
Targeted Mobile Advertising | Campaign Management
IQzone – Mobile Advertising Solutions
App Samurai | Mobile Advertising Platform for Startups
Social media External links:
WhoDoYou – Local businesses recommended on social media
SOCi Social Media Marketing & Management Platform
TINT: Social Media Aggregator | Content Curation Platform
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate Identity Japan – AbeBooks
Corporate Identity Management
corporate printing services, corporate identity standards
Behavioral targeting External links:
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
Social marketing External links:
ToneDen – Automated Social Marketing and Advertising
2018 USF Social Marketing Conference | Clearwater, FL
SEO Company, Experts in Paid Media, PR & Social Marketing
Web banner External links:
LSBA Web Banner Website Link
Free and Easy Web Banner Vertical | Federal Student Aid
Web Banner_Leadership.jpg | Kent State University
Brand management External links:
Watson Creative – Brand Management and Creative Agency
Atlanta, GA Marketing and Brand Management – Vehicle Media
The InSite Group – Your Brand Management Experts
Product placement External links:
How to Succeed at Product Placement Without Celebrities
Product Placement Blog
Product Placement Expertise – Entertainment Marketing Group
Marketing management External links:
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
Corporate anniversary External links:
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts
Direct marketing External links:
Fulfillment Services – Promotional Products – Direct Marketing
Boomerang Direct Marketing – Home
Direct Marketing Firm – L & D Mail Masters
Sex in advertising External links:
Subliminal Messages, Mind Control, Sex in Advertising, …
Web 2.0 External links:
Nantucket Web 2.0
9 Inventions Edison Did Not Make – Jawad on Web 2.0
web 2.0 lawyer
Corporate propaganda External links:
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
Native advertising External links:
Native Advertising Platform | StackAdapt
Email Monetization and Native Advertising: Gold Lasso
Nativo: The Leading Native Advertising Platform
Product marketing External links:
MegaMaker – product marketing for SaaS and software …
Product Marketing | United States | Lightning Launch
Cold call External links:
Cold Call Coach – ADVICE. DIRECTION. SUCCESS.
The Best Cold Call Script Ever – HubSpot Blog
QUIZ: What’s the Best Time to Cold Call? – CBS News
Product demonstration External links:
Corporate Image, Product Demonstration, and Training …
NeverWet Arrives – Hands-On Product Demonstration – YouTube
Contact Us for a Free Product Demonstration | Dataforma
Sales techniques External links:
Sales Techniques: The Trust Factor – Entrepreneur
ERIC – Effective Retail Sales Techniques.
Drip marketing External links:
TeleDrip – Drip Marketing Campaigns
Drip Marketing Tour – Financial Advisor Newsletter
Marketing ethics External links:
Define: Marketing Ethics | iContact
Digital marketing External links:
Chicago – Digital Marketing Conference
Philadelphia – Digital Marketing Conference | August, 2018
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Key performance indicators External links:
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Optimization
KPI Examples – Types of Key Performance Indicators
What is KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)? …
Personal branding External links:
Personal Branding News & Topics – Entrepreneur
Personal Branding firm for Executives and Entrepreneurs
Professional Networking & Personal Branding
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Effectiveness and Message Testing | Civis …
Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award – Summit Awards
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual merchandising. (DVD video, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Visual merchandising titles Jobs – Yakaz
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – update.revolvy.com
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Online advertising External links:
Wippl – Caribbean Online Advertising
Customer Relationship Management External links:
Salesnet CRM Solutions | Customer Relationship Management
Agile CRM – Customer Relationship Management
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Sales lead External links:
PointClear – Account Based Marketing & Sales Lead …
Sales Lead Generation Company : Expert Lead Generators
Sales Lead Training Program | Motivational Speaking, …
Music on hold External links:
Music On Hold – FusionPBX
Music On Hold – FREE download Music On Hold
Music on Hold | Cox Communications
Brand licensing External links:
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
Sales promotion External links:
Virago Inc Vancouver, WA Sales Promotion Service – …
9 Sales Promotion Examples | ThriveHive
Sales Promotion – Land O’Lakes
Aberdeen Group External links:
Aberdeen Group Travel | GuestHouse Inn Aberdeen
Aberdeen Group – mapquest.com
Loyalty marketing External links:
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
Market segmentation External links:
Title | Market Segmentation | Market (Economics)
Market segmentation (VHS tape, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Market segmentation (Book, 1972) [WorldCat.org]
New media External links:
WndrCo – A New Media and Technology Company
Employee advocacy External links:
Employee Advocacy: Good To Know
What is employee advocacy? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Employee Advocacy & Social Selling Resources | EveryoneSocial
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Brand Impression – Promotional Merchandise for Brand …
Social CRM External links:
Social CRM – Gartner IT Glossary
Social Selling External links:
Social Selling: 8 Ways to Sell More Using Social Media
LinkedIn Expert, Social Selling Expert, LinkedIn Trainer,
PostBeyond | Brand Advocacy & Social Selling
Display advertising External links:
[PDF]AFP Display Advertising Policies – American Academy …
Hard sell External links:
Variable Annuities: Beyond the Hard Sell | FINRA.org
Hard Sell – XFINITY Stream
Hard Sell Voice Talent – Speedy Spots – Speedy Spots
Marketing research External links:
Ask Survey Center | Marketing Research Specialists
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
AOC Marketing Research
Marketing strategy External links:
Every social media marketing strategy to grow your …
Watchman Advisors – Online Marketing Strategy and …
IMPACT: Inbound Marketing Strategy, Advice, and Agency
Brand ambassador External links:
Brand Ambassador Jobs – Search Brand Ambassador …
Brand Ambassador and Campus Rep Programs
Brand Ambassador, Event Staffing & Promo Model Jobs | HYPE
Marketing activation External links:
Account-based marketing External links:
Industry-Leading Account-Based Marketing Software – …
Account-Based Marketing – Demandbase | Expert …